Other Dog Foods:

Royal Canin Dog food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Royal Canin for Labradors!

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

BEST dry dog food on the market for ANY Lab/ Lab mix!!! The oversized kibble prevents the dog from inhaling the food and MAKES the dog chew the kibble! The density of the kibble pieces does a GREAT job on cleaning teeth, the ingredients, Chicken based with the appropriate supplements for this breed makes for a very healthy dog! Been using it since it first appeared on the market, an my 16 year old lab, probably wouldn't be here today if it weren't for this food!

Quality of Ingredients
All real ingedients! nothing that they don't need! High protien and low filler makes for less waste! The kibble keeps them from wolfing down their food and allows for better digestion along with better oral care. The added Omega 3's make for shiney healthy coats, and the inclusion of Glucosamine helps with the ever present hip/joint problems this breed is prone to. Makes for a HEALTHY LAB!

Flavor Selection
My labs have NEVER turned up their noses at the scent/flavor of this kibble! There is only one flavor, but, dogs prefer familiarity when it comes to their kibble, so no need to worry about multiple flavors! If you think your dog needs a "different" flavor, then that's what treats are for, for everyday use, one flavor, this one espeially, pleases any lab I've encountered (and many other breeds of friends of mine that bring their dog over who inevitably ends up eating my dogs' kibble)! Never a turned up nose at this product!

Simple

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

My little chihuahua loves this dog food!! He cleans the bowl out fast, and even stops what he is doing to take a few bites of food! The pieces are small and easy for puppies to chew. It is very easy to store the food because of the resealable feature. It is much easier than the other brands of dog food we had purchased in the past, that did not have any way of resealing and you had to roll up the top and hope the food stayed fresh. Overall, I think this dog food is a very good product, and I will continue to purchase this food for my little dog.

Flavor Selection
There are different types of food based on dog breed and size, but there are not very many different flavors for one specific breed. I am not even really sure what flavor the dog food we have is. We chose the food based on the breed label on the package, not the flavor. It would be nice to have a chicken or beef flavor like all of the other big name dog food companies have. But, the dog seems to like it, so I guess it doesn't matter very much.

• Flavor Selection:

Great food choice for sensitive stomachs!

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

When I first adopted my dog I bought all of the expensive brands such as blue, thinking they were the best. Unfortunately my dog has a sensitive stomach, and I had a hard time trying to find a dog food that did not bother him. Our vet recommended trying the Royal Canin band, and it has been our go to for over two years. Not only does it not bother his very sensitive stomach, he enjoys his food and is some healthy than ever. When several friends of mine have adopted dogs I always recommend this brand, and havent heard any complaints from those who have switched over to it. I can honestly say I will not be switching my dogs brand of food, and have found something that really suits us well.

Flavor Selection
I buy the medium sized dog food, I love how this brand also has different food depending on breed and size. I petsit for a bulldog who also gets fed royal canin, and the food geared toward bulldogs look completely different than the medium breed dog food. Its not just the same exact thing in different bags, they really do tailor the food to fit different dogs breeds needs.

• Flavor Selection:

The best of the best i found so far.

Pros

Cons

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

I have ordered 8 small bags of this stuff to put in my puppy kits. The food is also small bites for them to chew. They do not have to brake it in half so they are able to it eat.

Quality of Ingredients
        Very good ingredients, even your pickey eaters will love this food. It is on my vet approved list.

Flavor Selection
        Most of the time I buy on the flavor, since I have one of those pickey eaters, He love it. When you open this bag all 5 dachshunds are right at the bag. This stuff they have ate by it self with out having to add wet food to it.

• Flavor Selection:

good for your dog, bad for his tastebuds

from New York, NY

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

I was given a bag of Royal Canin dog food for for my new puppie, because they said it was safe for puppies. When I asked my vet, she said the same thing. My pup ate this the first time around and for quite a few times after that, but every time he would stop finishing his food more and more. After awhile he would just ignore the food. He seemed not so eager to eat it. When I bought him some new food and mixed it in with the Royal Canin, he would just eat the new food and fish out the Royal Canin food. This is not because my pup is spoiled - I wouldn't change his food constantly, he eats Puppy Chow by Purina everyday and he has loved it ever since. Bottom line is, there's better food out there for your dog.

My dog loves it, and he is healthier then ever!

from Beloit, WI

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

I buy Royal Canin for my cocker spaniel. He was a very picky eater and had many health concerns. Our vet gave us a free sample of Royal Canin and he loved it. Since we started using Royal Canin many of his health concerns have went away. He is a strong, healthy, happy puppy. Royal Canin attention to the needs of specific breeds of dogs makes a product that can't be beat! Love your dog and love Royal Canin!

The favorite of my dogs for several years now

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Royal Canin Dog food:

We have been buying Royal Canin mini adult 27 for several years now and our dogs love it. It is very nutritous with lots of vitamin supplements for the coat and teeth. Lots of protein and good starches and nice small pieces that are easy to eat, even for older dogs with only a few teeth left. The ziplock bags help keep it fresh too. We have small dogs with sensitive stomachs and they do very well on this food.