Other Dog Foods:

Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food

Pros

Cons

he loves it!

Wow! I can't say nothing but goodness about these products. All of them. This is the first dog food my dog has willing ate on his own. My dog won't eat Iams, Pedigree, Science Diet, ect.  My dog has skin allergies and this food has made it non existant. My dog has a sensitive stomach and gets the runs easily. This has helped that problem greatly. I soooooooo recommend this. It's done my dog good and I think it will do the same for your dog.

All lies...don't be fooled

Don't be fooled by their advertising.  I put my rescued, old great dane on this food.  Her coat was aweful and she had horrible arthritis.  After 2 months of being on this food, NOTHING improved.  They also lie in their advertising.  Plus, their ash content is too high which is a health risk.They also lie about by-products.  By-products mean organs and ground-up bones (in order for the term "by-product" to be listed in the ingredient panel, they can NOT contain feet, beaks, and other non-nutritional parts of the animal which is what Nutro claims they are.)  By-products are a natural source of glucosamine and so forth.  Look at the Nutro and the brands that advertise that they don't have by-products.  They have tons of supplements at the bottom of the ingredient list.  I think we all know how supplements are not as good as the real source.  Also, when a wolf hunts an animal, they go straight for the organs and eat the bones.  Don't be fool by advertising.  They are, after all, just trying to make money.

Best Dog Food EVer

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

My dog loves this food and I like that it is healthy and not made in China. It is a little expensive but if you look for deals it isn't too bad. There are always coupons out there and now and again Nutro company offers some rebates. In some stores there is a promotion whereby you can buy 6 bags and get one bag for free.

Quality of Ingredients
There is no corn syrup , gluten, wheat or soy in the bag I bought. It is formulated for senior dogs. The glucosimine and chondroitine are from natural based sources. There is whole wheat nutrient dense products to add digestion. Chicken, whole brown rice and ad oatmeal are in the bag I bought. I am hoping there are no GMO'S as well.

Flavor Selection
I personally choice the chicken and rice for the most part. Now and again I will change to the beef blend. My dog really goes for all the different blends. I don't ever get anything with lamb as I am just not in agreement with killing baby lambs for food for man or beast.

Good Dog Food

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

Nutro is good dog food - it lists the ingredients and meat is always first. It was recently bought by Purina and there have been two major recalls in the cat food. It made me leary of using the dog food. I bought the last bag about 6 months ago.

Best part of this brand is that it is offered in Small Bites formula which is perfect for my tiny 6 pound Shih Tzu. I started him on the puppy formula for small breeds and he used this brand exclusively for 5 years.

Since it is a much higher quality dog food than regular Dog Chow, it will take less food to fill up your pup and the poop won't be as much or as stinky. This isn't to say that your dog's poop won't stink - it still will. But if there's a way to make less of it and less stink, I'm all for it!

Quality of Ingredients
The Lamb is great for dogs with dry itchy skin - it makes their coat very shiny. I tried the chicken formula but my dog preferred the lamb.

Flavor Selection
The selection varies by the pet store and available shelf space. The whole line offers are large range of options. PetCo used to have an entire shelf area just for Nutro brands but now it's sized down to just a few short shelves. If you can find it, there are many options available for small breed, large breed, senior, puppy, tummy problems, etc.

Almost 15 years old and going strong with Nutro Natural Balance

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

We got our dog, January 2002, from the local pound. She is a wonderful dog. Our Cocoa, is a German Sheppard/Beagle mix. We wanted the best for her, and that included what she would be eating. However, we were soon puzzled by her scratching so much.

We took her to the vet and had allergy testing done. They found that she was allergic to chicken primarily and that chicken is a byproduct in so many of the dog foods out on the shelves today. They also told us to stay away from beef as well as chicken. That seemed to be easier said than done.

The vet gave us a few names of dog foods, which would be best for our dog. Needless to say, the dog foods were a lot more expensive compared to other main, cheaper brands of food that many dogs eat.

The brand we went to get, was the Nutro Natural Balance Lamb & Rice dry dog food and canned Nutro Natural Balance Lamb & Rice canned dog food. Although the cost was more, we certainly wanted to do all we could, to help our new addition to the family.

Once Cocoa started this food, she was so much healthier. Her scratching from itching from regular dog foods, stopped right away. She ate this dog food with gusto. She loves the lamb & rice and it's been her only dog food her entire 14 1/2 years. Her coat is wonderful, her health wonderful, her appetite wonderful, her backyard movements wonderful.

Quality of Ingredients
Nutro has the best ingredients out there.

• Flavor Selection:

My Fur kids, didn't agree with this chow

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

After feeding this to my dog for a few weeks, they were sick to their stomachs every few days, and were constantly searching for other things to eat around the house (a behavior which they previously didn't display). The food appeared cheaply made and every bag we bought was crushed and in poor condition.

Quality of Ingredients
The main ingreadients were not meat, why would my dog want to eat flower? corn? or other meals. Dogs are carnivores and should be eating meat. I switched to blue buffalo where the first ingredients were meat items. I've stopped purchasing dog foods that don't include beef/chicken or another meat product as the primary listed ingredient. Its just not as healthy for my dogs.

Flavor Selection
Flavors were limited and my dogs didn't appear to enjoy this food as much as other brands I've fed them. Even the local generic natural brand was more interesting. I always offer my dogs a choice of foods when I switch them, and the didn't really appear interested in eating this compared to the other samples I offered.

• Flavor Selection:

The Weight Control is great for our bigger dog.

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

Our Rott/Lab mix hurt his front paw several months ago and doesn't get around or play like he use to so we noticed that, although his appetitite didn't change, his weight was increasing. We decided to find a food that he would enjoy yet was still healthy and nutrition but with fewer calories. After trying several weigh control products, this seems to be the one he enjoys most. What we have found is that he eats his recommended portion that is smaller than his previous one but doesn't seem to get hungry any sooner than with the original. We feel that it is keeping him satisfied and content between feedings while curbing his calorie intact.

Quality of Ingredients
Sam seems to truly enjoy this products' taste so we give it a "10".

Flavor Selection
There is only one flavor but he doesn't seem to mind. He gobbles it up without issues. In fact, he doesn't seem to miss his prior food at all. He actually sniffs his out.

not for my dog

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

Since dogs can't talk I don't truly know why my dog wouldn't eat Nutro Natural Choice. Every time that I put a bowl of Nutro dog food in his face he would knock the bowl over and never eat it. I've changed up his food before and I have never had an issue with it like I did this time.

Highly Recommend!

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

I just purchased this dog food and I am very pleased with it! They offer a line of limited ingredient dog food which is awesome because I don't want to feed my dog additives, preservatives or any type of byproduct. The limited ingredient food is made with real food that I am happy to feed my dog. This food is a little bit more expensive than most other dog foods but my dog hasn't had any stomach issues and he is receiving vitamins, not junk. Plus, if you look for coupons you can often find them so that really helps out balancing the cost of this food. Not to mention you can buy this food at your local pet store and online, no need to run to the vet's office every time your doggy needs more food.

Quality of Ingredients
I love that it is made of whole ingredients and that I can pronounce every ingredient on the label.

Flavor Selection
Nutro Natural Choice offers an extensive variety of different flavors of dog food. This is very helpful for those that may have a dog with an allergy to a specific ingredient. There is surely a flavor that will suit your dog's needs!

My dogs love it

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

This dog food is great but it is a little expensive, but not to much compared to other dog food out there. My dogs love it and its full of great vitamens and protein for your pet that you love. And if you love your dog like I do, you want to give them the best at a great price.
And are different kinds of flavors and grades for all types of dogs. Older dogs, puppies, and med age dogs. They also have coupons that you can use in the bag for your next purchase.
They can been around for some time now.
My dogs love the lamb and rice.

Quality of Ingredients
My dogs are to large breed dogs that are very picky and just don't eat anything. They are very selective. And I'm also very selective on what I feed them.
With that said they love it and it helps the coat of fur.

Flavor Selection
They have great selections, but I love the lamb and rice for my dogs cause of the protein and the vitians that's packed into and you want to change your selection its easy to do not like other foods were you have to mix it with the old.

great choice

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

I think this i s a great choice for dog food. I fed this to my first dog and she loved it. I was a college student so I could not afford the over priced options. I was able to afford Natural Choice Dog Food, I liked the ingredients and the amount of poultry, and my dog seemed to really like it.

Amazinly Natural

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food:

My dog has a sensitive stomach, which requires a natural oatmeal, rice, and natural grain diet. We found all these wonderful ingredients in Nutco for an amazing price. It also offers a wide variety of flavors for picky eaters in wet and dry dog food. Nutco also offers puppy food in small bite size kibbles so its easy for puppies with sensitive teeth and new teeth coming in. Nutco also offers food for dogs and puppies based on the size of their breed they offer small breed puppy adult and senior formulas as well as large and medium breed puppy, adult and senior formulas. Nutco also has amazing online coupon offers that help save big on dog food. The bags are fully packed allowing you to get the most for you money.

Flavor Selection
Nutco offers a wide variety of flavors.