3.5
20154576
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO 14 Dry Dog Food

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO 14 Dry Dog Food

3.5

Recommended by vet but my dog disagrees

Comments about Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO 14 Dry Dog Food:

My dog had bladder stones removed. Her vet said she had to be on a specific diet to prevent further stones. Royal Canin Urinary Tract was requested. From some research, this brand has a little more in it than Hills Science Diet which made it #1 choice for her vet. However, my dog ate it for a few days and since then we can not get her to eat steady. She literally will starve herself (even though the vet says she won't) to prevent eating this. We also tried the canned food too. It appears that our dog may not only be a picky eater but she will refuse eating this (it's been 2 months now). Since we are not allowed to add anything in her food to bribe her this brand just won't help our dog. I believe it's the scent. We tried mixing it w/ her previous Purina food she will eat that and pick out the Royal Canin. May be a good brand for the dogs, but I have read other pet owners having same difficulties getting their dogs to eat this.

Flavor Selection
No flavors but one

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

Urinary SO has kept my dog healthy and her urine crystal free

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO 14 Dry Dog Food:

My 8 year old dog developed bladder stones at 2 years and had surgery to remove them.  Since that time, we have tried different foods to keep her urine neutral and crystal free.  After her surgery, the vet first placed her on Science Diet prescription food.  She has her urine tested 4 times a year to make sure no crystals are forming.  When she was on the Science Diet we had to keep changing her food to get it right so no crystals formed.  This went on for 3 years.  Finally, our vet switched our dog over to Royal Canin Urinary SO kibble and that has done the trick.  I feed her the dry, mixed with lots of water and she loves it.  She didn't like all the Science Diet foods we tried.  We use the dry for treats, too, and she's always eager for one.  We've gone 3 years with nary a crystal and will keep using the Royal Canin Urinary SO.  She has a beautiful coat and is as lively as she was when she was a puppy.  We're grateful that this food has worked out so well for our dog.