Other Washing Machines:
Top Load Washers
RTW4100SQ

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

Great choice for people on a budget

This was the first brand new clothes washer I have ever bought. I did a bit of research online and talked with the employee at the store and while this is clearly a entry-level washing machine, it is made by Whirlpool and works well.

I wash at least 1 load of laundry a day and have owned this unit for 8 months. It gets HEAVY use and I haven't had a single problem yet.

I like that the washer is not super fancy. I am not a super fancy kind of person. All I really want is clean clothes and if that is what you are looking for and you are on a budget, this is the washer for you.

It has 7 different washing settings. And for me, these are enough! I cannot imagine a washing machine with more settings...why would you need that? In fact, I probably only use 3 of the settings.

It also has 2 temperature settings (hot, cold), which works for me since I only wash on cold (for environmental reasons). Maybe this might be a con for some people who like more settings.

If you are looking for a machine that is easy to use, stays clean, and works well with heavy use, this is a great starter machine. I am hoping to get many more years of use from this machine.

Don't buy this garbage

Don't waste your money on this garbage product!!!! Your clothes will always smell terrible, and it will break down within a couple years. Save yourself the time and misery and buy anything but this piece of garbage product!!!!

Don't buy this garbage

from Collinsville IL

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Leaky
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY Roper or Whirlpool

from Missouri

Pros

Cons

• Leaky
        • plastic water line connectors, cheaply made

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Do your self a favor. Dont save money by buying a roper. And stay away from Whirlpool (makers of Roper) because they build cheaply made product for proffit.

Very good load

from Los Angeles, C.A

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient
        • Large Capacity

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Well this is a great machine because i can wash a lot of clothes in one load and this is very important because and keepme save much energy and save the enviorement, how is very imprtant for me, and have a great performance, the clothes finish perfectly and very well washed and finally yes i would recommend this roper washer for everybody.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It has a few features I do not like and a few that I do.

from West Virginia

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this machine about two weeks ago and I've gotten to do about four or five loads a week in it. One of the main things I have to complain about with this machine is that it just doesn't seem to dash hard enough for my taste. A second feature I do not like is that I cannot do a hot water rinse. This machine is a cold rinse only.

The capacity on my machine is 3.6 cubit feet. This is more than enough room for me to fit one large king sized blanket it. That is about the max it will hold but I am glad to be able to wash my bedding. The machine has different size settings I can choose so I can set it to small, medium, or large to get the desired water level.

Another feature I like is that I can set it to anywhere in the cycle I want. I can set it to wash, rinse, or spin dry. This is great because I don't have to go through a whole cycle. The rinse cycle has a spray rinse feature that the machine chooses to do on its own. I don't like that much.

The machine has a locking lid but it will unlock if you pause the cycle. I do like that this machine doesn't drain every time the cycle is paused.

This machine has a cycle indicator that lights up green to show you which stage of the cycle you are in. It says wash, rinse, spin, dry, and lid lock. One odd feature to this machine and kind of a nice thing is that when the power goes out, the machine will pick back up wherever it was in the cycle. Our power was off for about two hours and the machine was midway through a rinse. It started back up when the power came back on and finished the cycle. It was kind of neat.

Energy Efficiency
            I can cold wash and rinse with this so that helps a lot.

Cleaning Time
            It does seem to take a good hour or so to go through a cycle and it just doesn't dash as hard as I would like. If it dashed harder and a shorter length of time, I think it would be better for me.

It does alright but I wish it dashed harder. I haven't washed anything too dirty yet so I will post updates when I get a chance.

It's very easy to use but you have to go through a few extra steps to open the lid each time.

I am a fan of the top load washers and a fan of an agitator. This is the style of machine I chose. It works best for me.

I haven't had it long enough to test this out but so far, so good.

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I've had the Roper top load washer for about two years now. I bought it right before we moved into our new house because our old one wasn't holding up too well. This washer was not expensive at all, so I didn't expect it to last too long. It started out great, and I had no problems with it. After about 6 months, it started to make a strange noise. It only does it once during the wash load, and it does not do it during every wash. It probably does it after every three uses. It makes a loud bang, and it sounds as if someone just kicked the washer. I don't know what the sound is, but I don't think it affects the washer's performance at all. Other than the loud sound, I haven't had any problems with the washer. There are a couple of things it is lacking though. The first is the sizes of the load. It has small, medium, and large. I prefer washer's that also have an extra small and extra large load option.

• Cleaning Time:

I really like this machine

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer as an emergency replacement and frankly didn't expect it to perform as well as it does, or to last very long, so its great performance over more years than I expected has been a pleasant surprise. It cleans very well for a simple model with a fairly inexpensive price tag.

There are no frills on this washer, it has very basic settings, yet functions quite well for a bare bones model. I've washed everything from delicate silks to heavily mud encrusted rugs, and have never had a problem with damaging the textiles or getting anything to come clean. It's especially good for removing pet hair, and the tub itself wipes clean easily.

It does seem to unbalance more easily with heavy loads or larger single items than some of the more expensive washers I've owned, which is just a matter of redistributing the load and isn't a major problem. There is a minor design flaw with the rim of the tub peeling that's mostly esthetic and doesn't affect the performance.

For the money, I really think this is a great washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Very good hardworking washing machine

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

When we had a Roper washing machine it was a very dependable and hard working product. The only reason we don't have it now is because we had to sell our house and we decided to leave the washer and dryer there. We had it for 12 years when we moved and never had any problems with it. Hopefully the people that have the house still have it. It really served the purpose for us and cleaned the clothes very well and we did large loads of clothes.

Energy Efficiency
            It was very energy efficient and we used it almost everyday.

Cleaning Time
            The cleaning time was reasonable and the water use was fine. We did many loads of laundry.

The performance was fine. It worked great and we were very happy with it.

It was very easy to use,just set it and go about your other household work.

The design was good,it was average and not fancy which suited me just fine.

It was a very durable and hard working washing machine. It would work well for any family.

Roper Washer

from Darlington, WI

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Having alot of animals I do alot of laundry pet odors and fine hair.I almost never use hot water and everything always comes out smelling fresh and clean.I had initially wanted a front loader but am totlly happy got this one.Have purchased more exspensive machines in past this machine gives same results so why pay more.It is energy efficient with all the levels of water and cycles dependig on clothing.Has cleaned my King Comforter with no prblem great for ay family.I would definately by another in future.

Energy Efficiency
            Oh heavens has yor water levels and temperatues.my electric bill went down after getting this and the dryer in this day nd age who could ask for more.

Cleaning Time
            Approximtely 1/2 hour depending on water level of course and setting used just enough time to multi task in between.

I can't say enough has never left stains on clothes frm the grubby mechanic in house.Pet hair and odors taken care of also.

Well set it forget it.With all the settings and water levels even the children can do it.

Originally wanted a front loader but glad opted for this one.When you have a bad back hard to bend over,All buttond and print on machine are very easy to see and adjust.Good for plder people who can't see.

I just Love the fact I can wash even my heavy King Comforter,Winter Jackets,Pillows with ease and the come out clean and smelling good as well as spun out well.

Reliable washer!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This washer is fabulous! I am partial towards the traditional washers though, because I think they get my clothes cleaner and I don't have as much of a hard time with needing to repair them. It is louder, but the agitator gets my clothes cleaner, and it doesn't rock back and forth. This is a great washer!

Energy Efficiency
            It is not top of the line in energy efficiency, but is cleaned quickly.

Cleaning Time
            An extra large load typically takes about 20 minutes, which is super fast.

This cleans the clothes very well.

Very easy to use, only two dials to use.

This is the typical top loading washer, and has the agitator.

Very durable, we have had no problems, and it seems very heavy duty.

Roper Top Load Washers are a great, basic washing machine

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I love my Roper Top Load Washer. I've had it for over 5 years now and it has help up perfectly. I have not had anything break or malfunction. It cleans my clothes really well and stays smelling fresh with minimal maintenance. It is easy to keep clean. It doesn't have a very large capacity, so smaller loads work best.

Energy Efficiency
            I don't know enough about Energy Efficiency to say a lot about this, but it washes clothes quickly, so I imagine it's doing an alright job in this area.

Cleaning Time
            Loads are done in a small amount of time.

This washing machine does a great job and effectively cleaning clothing.

This machine is very easy to use and understanding how to use each cycle is easy, as well.

This is a very basic machine. There is nothing especially great about the way it looks, but it doesn't look awful, either. It's a very classic design.

I have had this machine for over five years and haven't had any issues with it. Nothing has broken or malfunctioned.