Other Washing Machines:
RAB5232E

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this machine cleans.

I read the reviews on this machine before deciding to make the purchased. I was a bit leary about buying a machine that had a locking lid but it has only proven to be a minor irritation. I do not have any issues with this machine as far as how clean it gets my clothes. I haven't had any issues with color run off with cold or warm cycles. It runs fairly quiet and the spin cycle isn't loud at all. It was easy to level the machine too and my house doesn't feel as if a train is passing by everytime I do my laundry.

Energy Efficiency
I haven't had any issues with this machine. It is supposed to use less water and it has all cold wash cycle options as well as rinse cycle options so I can be more energy efficient. I also feel as if the clean is just as well with the cold wash.

Cleaning Time
The wash cycle seems to complete fully in about 50 minutes to an hour. It doesn't take too long. A word of caution though, if you stop the cycle and wait too long to restart it, the machine will drain and restart the entire process.

I wish this machine dashed a little harder but for the soiled clothes I wash, I have no issues at all.

This machine is very easy to use. I set the water temperature, set the load size, and set it to the cycle I prefer and then hit start.

I personally prefer a top load washer. My only qualm is that it is a bit tall. I don't have any real issues but I do feel as if I am going to fall in sometimes trying to grab the last few socks off of the bottom of the machine.

I've had my machine a couple months now and everything seems to be going well.

Basic is all you need

This is the first washing machine I ever bought and I bought it as a mixed set for really cheap but still brand new. It's very basic but it does the trick. Not too many settings to confuse you so it's very easy to use. You have the one dial that has small or large load. And then you have the water dial for your hot and cold and short or longer settings. I really liked it because it did everything I needed it to do. The only thing it lacked was a spout to pour in your liquid fabric softner. It's not that I really missed it but it would've been nice to have that option. We've had a couple of problems with it but nothing to serious. We've had it for 7 years so maybe that's why. After the whole spin cycle is done we still have completely wet clothes. I'm not sure if something is stuck in the spinner and it's not spinning but this has happened a couple of times. Other then that, very nice and basic.

High Efficiency means dirty clothes!

from Pennsylvania

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Tears Clothes To Pieces

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Whirlpool tells me this is a design mandated by government, cannot be remedied, and my only option is try to find someone to haul the piece of junk away.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this machine cleans.

from West Virginia

Cleaning Time

I've had my machine a couple months now and everything seems to be going well.

great WASHER, Great Value

from VA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

The Roper Top Load Washer was one of the first washers we bought when we got married. It was pretty basic, but was in our price range at the time. It actually turned out to be an amazing washer. The clothes came out nice and clean, and it rarely ever went off balance. It was super simple to use, and actually had quite a few cycles and wash temperatures to choose from. The "basket" was nice and big, and you could fit a ton of clothes in it. The cycle times were very reasonable, and I have never had to rewash clothing because they didn't get clean. We have since upgraded to a newer, more technical top load washer, but keep this one in the basement as our back-up and to use it for bedding, towels, etc that we don't want to throw in the newer washer, because to be honest, it washes heavy and really dirty items a lot better. It has held up amazingly well. I highly recommend this washer to anyone in the market for a good quality, affordable top load washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Good washing machine for the price

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This is a good standard washing machine. It was one of the cheaper ones but has held up really good. I have never had any problems with it. Definitely worth the money. No reason to spend money on a fancy washing machine, this one does the job just fine. The settings are easy to use and understand. No complicated buttons or trying to figure out how to use the washer. We have moved several times and it works just as good as the day we got it. This washer has been perfect for my little family of three.

Energy Efficiency
    It's decent but probably not the best on the market compared to other pricier washing machines that are made to be energy efficient.

Cleaning Time
    Washes clothes in a fairly decent amount of time.

I have never had any issues with the performance of my washer.

Just as easy to use as any other washer.

Good if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

Very durable. Has held up through several moves and never had a problem with it.

awesome!!!

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I got mine about 6 months ago and absolutely love it I have 2 dogs and a 2 year old so a good washer is very important to me

Gets evey load clean and fresh

It doesn't have a ton of confusing buttons to fight wit and is very simle

My brother and my partner both worked in the oilfield and it with held lots of nasty loads and left no build up in my washer

• Cleaning Time:

The Roper Top Load Washer is efficient, quiet and affordable.

from Mcdonough, GA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

The Roper Top Load Washer is the only washer I have owned. I have had it for about 5 years now and have had no problems at all. The washer is very affordable.
    Ideal for doing basic washing, the machine does not have any fancy settings. Fine by me, I only need to wash. The Roper Washer has simple dials that are easy to understand and very basic.
    Once on, the machine is pretty quiet, it cant be heard when the laundry room door is closed. I do 2-3 loads a week and it has perfectly cleaned everything in each load every time. From small to large loads, you can choose the correct setting to get the most efficient wash. Most of my loads are simple clothing loads, but many are large towels, loads of dog toys and the like, and I have been pleased with the wash every time.
    The clean white finish is perfect for any style laundry room.
    A great, quality item for an affordable price.

from Hutchinson, KS

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

After 14 years of going to laundrymats, I FINALLY moved to an apartment that has washer and dryer hookups. I was beyond excited to get my first washing machine but was overwhelmed when I saw how many different options there are. I knew that I didn't want to buy the cheapest one, but also didn't have a lot of money to spend. I chose the Roper because it seemed like a good value.
    I have been very happy with my purchase, but there are a couple of things about this washer that I don't like. First it it kind of loud and second the gentle cycle seems to be the same as the regular cycle so I am careful about what I wash on gentle.
    Overall this washing machine works well and was a great value.

• Cleaning Time:

This is a great machine!

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this machine with only two of us in the family. It is great for us but would also work well for a family.

Energy Efficiency
    My electric bill has not gone up since i made this purchase - the only evidence of energy efficiency that I can see.

Cleaning Time
    This machine runs no longer or shorter than other machines.

Cleans great!

As an older person who has difficulty with most electronic items, I have found this to be easy to use.

A washer is a washer.

So far, so good.

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer for the price

from Brownsville, PA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I just bought this washer 2 months ago and it has been running well so far. I just wanted to review the product because there is one really big thing that annoys me about it. The washer is supposed to have three speed settings: normal, gentle, and permanent press. I am definitely not a fan of hand washing or dry cleaning gentle clothing items, and this washer, while very economical, isn't gentle. That is actually my only complaint about the washing machine. The "gentle" cycle is actually the same speed as the other cycles.. it sounds very rough and fast. The gentle part is that it intermittently stops for short periods before bursting into another fast cycle.

Other than that complaint, the washer isn't too noisy, it handles large loads well and seems to clean clothes really thoroughly. What I really love about the washer is that the water level settings are great. The small load function doesn't use too much water like other washers I've used, and the largest setting is great. Also, when the cycle finishes, the clothes aren't very wet. The wash time is short, and it helps cut down on dry time too! It's a great washer for the price.

Great for the money

from Manchaug, MA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washing machine a couple of weeks before my daughter was born. It was one of the lesser priced washing machines and I felt that I made a gamble buying it because I had never heard of the brand before. I was delighted to find out that it worked extremely well! I use it almost daily for my family between clothing and towels. It has held up great. It can be a little noisy which is unfortunate because the hookups are in my kitchen. I just have to ensure that we do not do a load of laundry at dinner time or prime phone call time. It is well worth it for the money and I would highly recommend it to anyone especially those on a budget. I recommend the matching dryer to go along with it as well!