View more foundation

Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

3.6

Rimmel Stay Matte, best drug store brand for acne skin

I have used many different brands and foundations for my acne prone skin. The usual trouble I have is finding something that doesn't irritate my skin, make me break out, make my face look like it's covered in wall paint, dry out my skin, melt off, or make my skin even more shiny and oily. For a while I was using a combonation of Neutrogena's skin clearning foundation and finishing it off with their mineral brush foundation(but the skin clearning stuff is too drying, and i never found a perfect match for my shade, and the mineral stuff's brush is made of animal hair which is a) gross and inhumane and b) creates an allergic reaction with red, itchy blotchy results). I was desperate for a new foundation to help keep my skin tone looking even, less red, effectively hide breakouts, control my oily skin AND was affordable. I decided to try Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation, even though I'd previously thought the brand seemed cheap. What a great surprise!! This stuff does NOT irriate my skin at all, it goes on smooth, gives an even coverage, and my skin seems a little clearer, and smoother as well. I find it's very effective at covering up/filling in large pores and blackheads with out making the situation worse. This is easy to wash off at night(with my oxy and clarisonic mia!), and never leaves my skin feeling tired, too makeupy, or blotchy. The tube is slim, and the perfect size for carrying in your purse, and easy to store. It's got the ounces as most other drug store bottles of foundation, so don't be fooled by the small container.

My skin is very oily at times, but this controls it a little bit better. I find that blotting mid day with tissue will help, but I can always just reply a small amoutn of foundation, and the problem is solved. With regular use of this foundation my oily skin has transformed slightly from oily, shine crazy to more of a dewey controlled glow.

I really like this foundation, and found my true shade, ivory, on the first try.

I've been using this daily for a few months now, and bought an additional tube after being so happy with the immediate results. I still have not had to open the second tube, this stuff really lasts, and goes a long way. I actually use less foundation now, than before, and need it in less places on my face. This is the most natural looking stuff for a tube of liquid matte foundation, and it's so much better than a lot of the more famous, drug store brands.

I like this a lot, and I recommend it for anybody with oily, severe acne prone skin, uneven skin tone, and anybody tired of finding drying, melty, or watery foundation.

Didn't exactly STAY matte.

First I must say that this foundation doesn't exactly offer a wide array of colors. The stay matte promise is broken right out of the tube. Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation goes on with a slight dewyness. For thoes of you who don't know what dewy is, it's shiny. A preety shiny yes, but I bought this foundation expecting it to be Matte and it wasn't. Besides that, this isn't the most blendable product out there, far from it. It was fusturating putting this on and after a week of fustration I gave up. The price wasn't bad but the fact that I used less than a fifth of the tube before getting rid of the product showed that it wasn't even worth it's super low price. I gave it to my cousin and she liked it. I guess to each his own, or her own. Try it if you like but keep in mind that it doesn't stay matte and it doesn't blend well. It stays put but I think I'd rather it come off than stay on my face looking shiny.

Too much like pancake batter

from Richmond VA

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

After reading and hearing so much about how matte makeup is great for portrait photography, I wanted to give it a try and see how I liked it. Well, let's just say it should probably stay in photographs and not in the real world! The appeal is in the fact that it's supposed to cut way down on shiny skin, making your face look polished and even airbrush-perfect. The problem, however, is that it is thick like pancake batter and leaves you with an almost creepy level of perfection. I prefer to use makeup to enhance my good features and play down my bad, not to look like something that came from a plastic factory! I am sure that I would feel differently if I had purchased this foundation specifically to be worn onstage or in photos, but since I bought it for everyday wear, I was really dissatisfied with it. I don't recommend this for a daily wear - just use it for photo, theatre, or film!

I didn't Stay Matte.

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I have greasy, oily skin. And when I saw this foundation in stores and saw "stay matte" I thought, I had to get this. What a disappointment. There is nothing mattifying about this foundation at all. My face still looked shiny after putting this on, and even after a couple minutes while I wait for it to dry. I still looked shiny, especially around the T-zone. Maybe this foundation wasn't made for oily skin. I always had to set this foundation with a powder which I absolutely hate with a passion. I had hoped that my prayers were answered when I walked by the Rimmel London stand and saw this very chic and modern looking foundation, but I was wrong. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mattifying and affordable drug store foundation, and I am beginning to lose hope. Perhaps I'll have to fork over some serious dough and invest in a designer foundation instead. Very misleading foundation.

Hate it!

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I purchased this because I saw the word "matte", so I thought this has gotta be good.. Applying it on my face I noticed not only was it ridiculously thin & watery but it was burning.. I washed it off but even after 3days my skin is horrid! I've broken out in hive-like bumps & my skin feels really rough.. I've heard a lot of people have had issues with this brand.. I'll be sticking to maybeline that's for sure! Don't waste your money on this people!

Not real great at coverup

from Coweta, OK

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I got this makeup on sale and all I can say is I would never pay full price. I typically am very happy with Rimmel products, however, this foundation leaves alot to be desired. I have fairly normal skin with the same dark circles under my eyes as every other 30 something out there. Occassionally I get a little blotchy in spots and I like a foundation to even it all out and to hide the "racoon eyes." This is not that foundation. This foundation does not have lasting power. Within a couple hours of application, the red blotches are once again visible as are the dark circles under my eyes. It does not seem to matter if I am indoors or out. All in all this foundation really fails the test and is a big disappointment.

Solid Foundation

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I tried **Rimmel London Stay Matte + Skinpure Complex Foundation** this past week, and now I am hooked. In the past, foundations labeled oil-free did not last long on my face before being absorbed or sweated off. But this one lasts for hours (not necessarily the 12 hours that Rimmel promises, but that's okay, I don't ever want to wear make-up that long). This product goes on smooth with just a dab on each cheek, the forehead, the nose, chin, and neck, and will not look cakey afterward.

When choosing the right shade for my skin I was confused by the difference between "Ivory" and "True Ivory." Both looked exactly the same. My skin is very fair, but what is most important to me is an oil-free foundation, which both were, so I randomly put down one of the tubes and bought "Ivory". It worked out fine.

Rimmel Stay Matte, best drug store brand for acne skin

from Akron, NY

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I have never loved any makeup more than this Rimmel!

from Signal Mountain, TN

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I've owned makeup all similar to this never been really satisfied by either the quality or by the price. If the quality is good the price has been outrageous and if the price is reasonable the quality has been horrible. The thing I love most about this is that not only is it inexpensive, but it lasts all day long and the shade is identicle to the shade of my actual skin. Another problem I've had with other brands is that it'd clump in one spot and also dry my face out but the advantage to Rimmel is that it leaves my skin moisterized and never clumps in one spot. It has a nice, even spread and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my very natural, even skin tone when in reality I owe it ALL to Rimmel's Stay Matte Foundation.

One thing to beware of though, is that some women rely on their makeup to provide a sort of sunscreen in the sun, but this does not, you may have to apply extra in order to stay healthy!

Stay Matte Foundation is great

from Woodstock, GA

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

I have started to use this product in the past year, rather than spending the money on the more expensive national brands. I have found that it is just as good, if not better than the more expensive brands, and is often able to be found on sale as well as having coupons readily available. It covers well, is light, and not oily, and has been great on my skin. I wasn't sure at first, since it wasn't the big name national brand, but I have now become a fan of all of Rimmel's products, based on the fact that this foundation is well made. It matches well to my skin tone, and I never have any difficulty with it "caking" on my skin, being too dark, or not providing full coverage on my skin. I would recommend it to anyone with non complicated skin, who is looking for a basic foundation. I find that if I use it, with just some simple powder over, I am good to go for a whole day. It also lasts well throughout a long day.

Pretty good foundation

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

The Rimmel London Stay Matte is a really nice oil free liquid foundation. It is relatively inexpensive and comes in a 1 fl oz. container. I bought the 201 classic beige which is slightly lighter than my skin tone. It was really hard to choose a shade that was close to my skin tone. So many of them looked almost identical with just a different name! Even though it is lighter than I wanted,I made it work. Blends in well after applying a primer before hand. A small amount of the foundation definitely goes far and lasts me the whole day. Though it has a 12 hour shine control there is no spf. I have sensitive skin and have not had any problems with it as of yet. The bottle even indicates that the foundation contains "botanical extracts to help soothe sensitive skin". The foundation does not have a smell either. Only problem I really had with this is choosing the right shade. It is either a hit or miss when choosing the foundation that will match really well with one's skin tone.

Rimmel Stay Matte is value foundation.

from Ambridge, PA

Comments about Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation:

Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation is a great makeup. The reason I bought it was the price. I am on a budget and don't like to spend more money than I need to. This foundation is a great value. I really don't know that the clarifying part is better or worse than any other product out there, but it didn't make me breakout. The makeup comes in a variety of shades. I like the consistency of the makeup. It is light and not very thick, but not transparent either. It goes on nicely and blends into your skin well. The only reason I didn't buy it last time I needed foundation is that they didn't sell it at the store I was at. I used to use Clinique, which was great, but this is so much cheaper. Not comparable to department store makeup, but great for the price that it was. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a nice foundation with light coverage at a low price. It is definitely worth buying.