Other Foundations:
MAC
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

Pros

• Easy to apply (3)
  • Good pigmentation (3)

Cons

The best powder foundation.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation is the best powder foundation I have ever tried.  I have tested and bought over 25 different kinds of powder foundation, and I have not found a perfect one (as all have pros and cons) but MAC's version is the best I have tried.  First of all, I have very pale skin with pink undertones, which is one of the hardest skin tones to match. MAC's lightest shade of Studio Fix is a perfect blend with my almost white skin.  Also, many powder or compact foundations have oils or waxes in them, which Studio Fix does not.  It is completely oil free and will not clog pores.  Finally, it gives the best coverage of any powder foundation I've tried.  It is not too thick, and not too sheer.           However, it is not without its drawbacks.  With frequent reapplication on oily skin, it can tend to cake or look too thick.  This can be remedied by using blotting papers before very infrequent reapplication or only appling Studio Fix in the morning and using a sheerer powder throughout the day.  It is also a bit expensive compared to drugstore prices; however, for a truly good powder foundation, you have to look in the department store; and MAC Studio Fix is one of the cheapest at any makeup counter. All in all, I believe this is the best powder foundation, and anyone who prefers this type of makeup needs to try this one!

Has great coverage perfect for all the pimples it will give you.

Mac is studio makeup. Studio Fix powder is a completely fill coverage make-up. People don't realize this. The stuff was made for film and TV, not daily use. It doesn't look natural, it looks like you have heavy make-up on and it makes so many people break out it is ridiculous. I used to work in cosmetics and skin care, and I would get multiple people suffering from acne, and what they all had in common is they all used this prodcut. Now don't get me wrong, plenty of them used this prroduct to cover their acne, but their acne continued to get worse and worse, until they stopped using it.

I am very pleased and will continue using this foundation

from Austin,TX

Pros

• Easy To Apply
  • Good Pigmentation

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I've been using this foundation for a little over a year and I'm really pleased with it. You can build coverage from light to full face mask (for those days you just want to hide), and it stays on longer more like a liquid than a powder. If I use a base (I use Urban Decay Face Primer) and set it with a powder, it easily lasts all day or all night. Even without a primer, it goes on smooth and even, and the fact that the compact also holds the sponge makes it easy and convenient to take on-the-go for touch ups. It will tend to rub off on clothes or whatever you rub your face against right after applied, but that problem seems to go away after an hour or two. Rubbing your hands over your face right after application seems to help get off the excess and allow the makeup to sink into your skin which helps fix this problem. Overall I am very pleased and will continue using this foundation for the foreseeable future.

always in my cosmetics bag

from morocco

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
      • Easy To Apply
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Good Pigmentation
      • Lightweight
      • Long-Lasting
      • Matte Finish
      • Noncomodegenic

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Acne-Prone or Oily Skin
      • Dry Skin
      • Full Coverage
      • Light To Medium Coverage
      • Normal Skin
      • Sensitive Skin

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I really love this product, it really gives a full sometimes i do not my foundation and concealer because it really work well, and when i do my foundation it reallly fix this one and it gives a glamour look and what l like more about it is that it gives a naturel look i remember when i have acne problem and i did use a heavy cout of foundation and it bothers me, so when i discovered this powder i was not obliged to do a ton of foundation to cover acne, just one and i put the powder , it really works amazing and it give naturel look.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

i like it very much

from Caracas. Ve

Pros

• Easy To Apply
      • Good Pigmentation
      • Long-Lasting

• Sensitive Skin

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I am allergic to some brands and with this I have not had an allergic reaction

• Skin Tone:
        • Fair

It's ok but not for the price...

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation WILL make you break out! I have not found one person who hasn't broke out from this. They compact is sleek and stylish with the Mac logo. It makes you feel like a movie star when using it. They do have a lot of shades to choose from so most everyone will be able to find the right color match. It is also expensive so if you do buy it I suggest only using on special occasions. It gives great coverage and looks good but I have noticed if you don't use a primer it will cake by your nose. My face never feels heavy or like I have a mask on when I use it. I have read that people have had problems with oxidizing and color change but I have never had that with any MAC products that I have used. It is a good high end makeup I just wish they could use ingredients that didn't cause breakouts. I would recommend this for people to use only on special occasions and if they don't mind some breakouts after using it.

Excellent for cover-ups throughout the day

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I have been a fan of Mac powders for almost ten years now. I have always had oily skin (even more so when I was younger but still oily in the summers) and I need to touch up on the make up throughout the day. Mac powders are nice because they have a very matte finish so it takes care of all the excessive oil you get on your face. Also it seems quite gentle so I never got acne or skin irritation because I was using the powder a lot. The powder also gets absorb into your skin nicely so your skin does not look like it has a lot of layers of make up on it. I also like the puff that come with it because it help getting the powder absorbed nicely. I clean the puff about once a month and they are easy to clean and dry. The powder comes in a large variety of colors. I usually go for a shade that is a tiny bit lighter than my actually skin. That seems to give my skin a nice shade of glow that doesn't seem too off from my natural tone.

Helps with my acne

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I've been breaking out a lot recently, so I decided to buy a high end foundation. I decided to spend a bit more, so I bought the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. This is more expensive than the other foundations I bought, but it was definitely worth it! The MAC foundation not only covered my acne well, I found that it helped to reduce my acne too! I was amazed at the results and I found out that it doesn't clog your pores too.

Great powder.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

When my skin is doing well, I use this as a foundation all by itself. It only works well if I use a dewy/oilier moisturizer underneath. Otherwise, it looks pretty cakey and unnatural. Most of the time, I use it over my regular face makeup, which is primer, concealer, and liquid/cream foundation, and it keeps this stuff on for much longer. I can notice a serious difference in the lasting powder if I do not put this on straight after. I touch up with it during the day about two times, any more than that and it looks very powdery, especially on my forehead and mouth. It keeps your face from producing excess oils that break up your foundation and shine through. If you apply a light layer with a powder brush, it does not make your face completely matte, which I like. It is too thick to apply with a sponge, for me. It has an okay coverage for a powder. It is enough to slightly even out my skin tone when used alone and make my skin look less tired. It comes with a lot of product too, and I only need to repurchase it about two times a year.

Worth every penny!

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I have been using MAC studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for years. I keep a compact in my purse and one in my makeup bag. I love how easy it is to apply this power/foundation. I have had problems in the past using liquid foundation. I always feel like I am wearing a mask. Liquid foundation makes my face look and feel greasy. My face has never looked or felt greasy while using this product by MAC. It comes with a cotton applicator in a secret compartment under the powder. It is a high quality applicator pad as it has never worn out or shown any signs of falling apart. It is easy to rub across the powder and then to apply all over my face. I get even coverage as this products blends evenly and completely. It works great as a concealer also. It evens out skin tone and hides imperfections in my skin. This powder comes in various shades so it is very easy for me to pick the right shade for my skin tone. I use this as a base when applying make up but also have it one hand for touch ups or if my nose begins to look shiny. I really love how great my skin looks.

Great for my oily skin!

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

During my oily skin phase, this product was an absolute lifesaver. Because it's a powder foundation, it absorbed the oil on my skin without disturbing the appearance or coverage of the foundation.

I found this product covered my blemishes, redness, and other imperfections beautifully. The thing that most shocked me about this foundation was the way is glided over any dry patches I had. I wouldn't expect a powder product to do that, but it worked amazingly.

There are a few things I don't like about this product, however. Firstly, I feel like this compact ran out more quickly than other liquid foundations. Because I used a powder puff to apply, I was picking up and using more product than I normally would.

Secondly, when my skin was dryer, the powder looked more apparent on my skin. Instead of blending into my skin like a liquid would, the powder was visibly sitting atop my skin. I found that I didn't get the natural look I wanted with this product.

Looks too cakey, made my breakout

Comments about MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:

I am a fan of the MAC brand and have tried many of their products. I was looking for a powder and decided to try the MAC brand. The price point was similar to other mid end brands.

I liked the compact and how the applicator sponge is under the actual powder part. The black compact is simple but, paired with the MAC logo, attractive and classic.

It was easy to find a shade that initially matched my skin tone, especially since MAC caters to different undertones.

However upon use of this product, I noticed that it tended to oxidize over time. What looked to be the right shade upon immediate application, eventually looked way to dark and orange. I also noticed that this product always ended up looking cakey on me, no matter how much I used. It would look very nice upon initial application, but after a few hours really caked up around my nose and mouth.

This powder also broke me out very badly.

Overall I would not recommend.