4.1
Col 8099
Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color

Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color

4.1

Pros

• Easy to use (7)
  • Gentle (6)
  • Great color (5)
  • Versatile (3)

• Graying hair (5)
  • New look (5)
  • Thick hair (3)
  • Touch ups (3)
    • Permanent (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (3)

An inexpensive solution to graying hair

I went gray at an early age and quickly grew tired of those that kept bringing it to my attention!  I tried various permanent hair colorings; but they were either too expensive or they did not cover my gray completely.

Then I tried Revlon Colorsilk permanent hair color.  My normal hair color is dark brown; and I finally settled on #41 Medium Brown.  It covers the gray completely and gives me some highlights.  On the box you are shown three different color results based on your natural hair color.  This will give you an idea of what your final result will be.  Sometimes it's fun to experiment with a shade darker or lighter.  It's usually not a drastic change -- it usually just gives you different highlights.

Colorsilk contains "nourishing silk proteins" and comes with a packet of "Nourishing After-Color Conditioner" which leaves my hair soft and shiny...And Colorsilk is Ammonia-Free.

You can't beat the price; and my color lasts 6-8 weeks.  Revlon Colorsilk hair color was a solution to my problem -- Maybe it will be your solution too!

Left my hair feeling like straw!

I color my hair a couple times a year, I found Revlon Colorsilk, less than 3.00 a box. Great price, since some hair colors out there are up to 10.00 a box. I liked the color and, its from Revlon, so I decided to try it. It says it is ammonia free, but it is still very strong, make sure you color by an open window, and have a fan on. It came with conditioner, to use after rinsing out the dye, very little packet, not enough for my hair.

It says has nourishing proteins that will leave my hair in better condition, I have to dissagree, my hair felt like straw and that was even after applying the conditioner that came with it. I did love the color I got.  But after I rinsed the color, and added the conditioner, I was back in the shower not even an hour later, washing and condtioning my hair, I cant stand it being tangled and harsh feeling. Get rid of the strong smell, get some better conditioner, in a bigger size, and I would be a life long customer, like I said, I loved the color, but not the way my hair felt afterward. I will look for a better conditioning hair color, around the same color as this one.

Great product

from Columbus OH

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

Love this hair color as its ammonia free and coverage is good but it dosent last long color starts to fade away within 2-3 weeks wish it could last longer though

Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor

from Pittsburg, TX

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Versatile

Cons

• only lasts about 3 weeks

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I have used this product for years! Not expensive but works just as well as other more expensive products. always get the same color I want. Conditioner is great! Leaves my hair soft and silky.......just wish there was more.

My favorite hair color

from crawfordsville, IN

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting
    • Natural Look
    • Versatile

Cons

• Smells Bad

• Thinner Hair

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

This is my favorite at home hair color. It is easy to use, super affordable, and I always get great results. My hair always looks healthier after I use it instead of "fried". I am a loyal customer. I highly recommend.

• Permanent

Have used this product for years with awesome resultsS

from Denver, Colorado

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Acts Quickly
    • Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gentle
    • Great coverage
    • Not Messy

Cons

• None

• To Keep On Hand

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

It leaves a nice shiny, healthy look to my hair.

between price and result i think its reasonable

from morocco

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Not Messy

Cons

• Causes Side Effects

• once

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I tried it and I think its not bad considering his price

Good for the money

from Starr, SC

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I got this to cover up my gray hair & wanted to try a new color. I got it in the shade Dark Auburn. It was a great price, around $3 a box(I had to get 2 since my hair is so long). It was very easy to use. You just snip the end off of the developer bottle & pour the color in it, then put the top back on & shake it for a few minutes. Make sections in your hair & apply. I left mine on 40 minutes. When ready to wash out, just wet it with a little warm water, lather it up, & then rinse until your water is clear. This didn't smell like ammonia & the smell didn't burn my eyes or nose like some hair dyes. Once dry, my hair was so soft & the color was really pretty. The only negative is that the color fades within a few weeks. Overall, I really like this hair dye & would recommend.

Not for natural Red Heads!

from Wellington, New Zealand

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I used the Revlon medium brown (41). I was excited to Revlon the bring out a hair dye, but to my dismay I used it and it didn't take that well, so I re applied it and still not a 100% coverage. So disappointed. For all those natural red heads out there, this product will not cover the red.

Revlon Colorsilk is fantastic. Life time user

from Dayton , Ohio

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting
    • Natural Look
    • Versatile

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

This hair dye works great and gets rid of all my grays while it gives me the hair color results I want. I don't have to pay a lot for a product that will give me a deep color that lasts a long time with this hair dye. I like this hair dye because it does not dry out the ends of my hair like a lot of other hair dyes do.

I always get great results with this hair dye and the deep color of my desired hair color and covers my grays without drying up the ends of my hair or my roots.

Ease of Application
      I like that this hair dye kit comes with everything I need to dye my hair and get the exact results I was looking for. The kit even comes with gloves for me to use and a simple very easy to understand set of instructions. I simply add two ingredients together in the provided bottle and apply and wait the amount of time specified and rinse out well. With the ease of this hair dye kit I get deep color and say goodbye to all my grays.

Fades Quickly

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

Dyed my hair a couple weeks ago with this specific dye and my blonde is already trying to show through... It's made my hair look like it's graying and dingy.
      I definitely wouldn't use it unless you are looking for something cheap and extremely temporary.

mediocre

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

Revlon Colorsilk hair color is inferior to other hair dyes. I bought this to see which hair color was more effective and better for my hair. After some findings, the result varies.

Pros: The price is less inexpensive compare to other hair color brands. Revlon is ammonia-free so you're smelling less of the chemicals and it doesn't irritate your skin.

Cons: Even though it fully covers your hair, but the color fades after a few weeks. The conditioner in other brands comes in tubes that last up to a week, but this product's conditioner comes in a small pouch that is only meant for one-time use.

Overall, I rather put my money on a different brand that works more effectively. Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color is one of the cheapest brand of hair dye you'll ever find in the market. Although its cheap, but the after results of the hair dye is different. The color on the box doesn't match the color I wanted. It gave me a darker color than I expected. I'm dissatisfied with this product, but if I'm desperate I'll get it.