Other Hair Colorings:
Revlon
Col 8099
Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color

Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color

Pros

• Easy to use (5)
  • Gentle (3)

• New look (3)
    • Ease of Application:

An inexpensive solution to graying hair

I went gray at an early age and quickly grew tired of those that kept bringing it to my attention!  I tried various permanent hair colorings; but they were either too expensive or they did not cover my gray completely.

Then I tried Revlon Colorsilk permanent hair color.  My normal hair color is dark brown; and I finally settled on #41 Medium Brown.  It covers the gray completely and gives me some highlights.  On the box you are shown three different color results based on your natural hair color.  This will give you an idea of what your final result will be.  Sometimes it's fun to experiment with a shade darker or lighter.  It's usually not a drastic change -- it usually just gives you different highlights.

Colorsilk contains "nourishing silk proteins" and comes with a packet of "Nourishing After-Color Conditioner" which leaves my hair soft and shiny...And Colorsilk is Ammonia-Free.

You can't beat the price; and my color lasts 6-8 weeks.  Revlon Colorsilk hair color was a solution to my problem -- Maybe it will be your solution too!

Left my hair feeling like straw!

I color my hair a couple times a year, I found Revlon Colorsilk, less than 3.00 a box. Great price, since some hair colors out there are up to 10.00 a box. I liked the color and, its from Revlon, so I decided to try it. It says it is ammonia free, but it is still very strong, make sure you color by an open window, and have a fan on. It came with conditioner, to use after rinsing out the dye, very little packet, not enough for my hair.

It says has nourishing proteins that will leave my hair in better condition, I have to dissagree, my hair felt like straw and that was even after applying the conditioner that came with it. I did love the color I got.  But after I rinsed the color, and added the conditioner, I was back in the shower not even an hour later, washing and condtioning my hair, I cant stand it being tangled and harsh feeling. Get rid of the strong smell, get some better conditioner, in a bigger size, and I would be a life long customer, like I said, I loved the color, but not the way my hair felt afterward. I will look for a better conditioning hair color, around the same color as this one.

Have used this product for years with awesome resultsS

from Denver, Colorado

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Acts Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gentle
  • Great coverage
  • Not Messy

Cons

• None

• To Keep On Hand

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

It leaves a nice shiny, healthy look to my hair.

between price and result i think its reasonable

from morocco

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Not Messy

Cons

• Causes Side Effects

• once

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I tried it and I think its not bad considering his price

Good for the money

from Starr, SC

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

• Graying Hair
  • Touch Ups

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I got this to cover up my gray hair & wanted to try a new color. I got it in the shade Dark Auburn. It was a great price, around $3 a box(I had to get 2 since my hair is so long). It was very easy to use. You just snip the end off of the developer bottle & pour the color in it, then put the top back on & shake it for a few minutes. Make sections in your hair & apply. I left mine on 40 minutes. When ready to wash out, just wet it with a little warm water, lather it up, & then rinse until your water is clear. This didn't smell like ammonia & the smell didn't burn my eyes or nose like some hair dyes. Once dry, my hair was so soft & the color was really pretty. The only negative is that the color fades within a few weeks. Overall, I really like this hair dye & would recommend.

Not for natural Red Heads!

from Wellington, New Zealand

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I used the Revlon medium brown (41). I was excited to Revlon the bring out a hair dye, but to my dismay I used it and it didn't take that well, so I re applied it and still not a 100% coverage. So disappointed. For all those natural red heads out there, this product will not cover the red.

• Commitment To Color:
  • Permanent

Revlon Colorsilk is fantastic. Life time user

from Dayton , Ohio

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look
  • Versatile

• Graying Hair
    • Thicker Hair

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

This hair dye works great and gets rid of all my grays while it gives me the hair color results I want. I don't have to pay a lot for a product that will give me a deep color that lasts a long time with this hair dye. I like this hair dye because it does not dry out the ends of my hair like a lot of other hair dyes do.

I always get great results with this hair dye and the deep color of my desired hair color and covers my grays without drying up the ends of my hair or my roots.

Ease of Application
    I like that this hair dye kit comes with everything I need to dye my hair and get the exact results I was looking for. The kit even comes with gloves for me to use and a simple very easy to understand set of instructions. I simply add two ingredients together in the provided bottle and apply and wait the amount of time specified and rinse out well. With the ease of this hair dye kit I get deep color and say goodbye to all my grays.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent

Fades Quickly

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

Dyed my hair a couple weeks ago with this specific dye and my blonde is already trying to show through... It's made my hair look like it's graying and dingy.
    I definitely wouldn't use it unless you are looking for something cheap and extremely temporary.

mediocre

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

Revlon Colorsilk hair color is inferior to other hair dyes. I bought this to see which hair color was more effective and better for my hair. After some findings, the result varies.

Pros: The price is less inexpensive compare to other hair color brands. Revlon is ammonia-free so you're smelling less of the chemicals and it doesn't irritate your skin.

Cons: Even though it fully covers your hair, but the color fades after a few weeks. The conditioner in other brands comes in tubes that last up to a week, but this product's conditioner comes in a small pouch that is only meant for one-time use.

Overall, I rather put my money on a different brand that works more effectively. Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color is one of the cheapest brand of hair dye you'll ever find in the market. Although its cheap, but the after results of the hair dye is different. The color on the box doesn't match the color I wanted. It gave me a darker color than I expected. I'm dissatisfied with this product, but if I'm desperate I'll get it.

• Ease of Application:

This is not a good color match.

from West Virginia

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

I have purchased a couple shades of this product because it often comes packaged in a two pack for a great price. Unfortunately the product just doesn't match well. I have very light hair. It's a mix of blonde and brown and is often referred to as dirty blonde. Sometimes I like to dye my hair a little bit lighter in the summer and a bit darker in the winter and both times I have tried this hair dye, the colors just didn't match up.

This particular hair dye comes with gloves but the gloves are cheap and don't hold up well. They're made for someone with huge hands and don't fit well. The conditioner that comes with it is actually nice. It's smooth and makes my hair feel good and silky. The conditioner is skimpy though and you just get a single use packet.

This hair dye just wasn't too impressive for me. It didn't work so well and the colors just didn't match up. Even for the cheap price, the dye is not worth the hassle.

The dye just work and does last but the colors don't match up at all and it fades fairly fast for dye.

Ease of Application
    It's a bit messy and the gloves that come with it do not work well at all.

• Ease of Application:

Better than several more expensive brands!

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

This stuff is great, and when you consider the price, pretty amazing. The after-color conditioner it comes with is very silky and smells good! I would caution that the smell of the dye is strong, so you'll need good ventilation. Also (and this is true with most hair colors) the colors come out dark. My hair is naturally dark brown, but if I use anything beyond "medium brown", it turns my hair nearly jet black. Stick with the light browns if you're naturally blonde, the medium browns if you're naturally darker.

Does what a hair color should, and all of the shades of brown look shiny and lovely. (I've never tried the other colors.) You would think for the budget-friendly price, it would cause a lot of damage, but I've never found that to be true. It works just as well as more expensive brands, and the after-color conditioner is much nicer than other brands.

Ease of Application
    Simple, straightforward. Doesn't goop up or run everywhere; great consistency that makes application very easy.

Okay.

Comments about Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color:

Revlon is one of the most popular hair coloring brands in my country. I have never tried it before but when I was desperate and didn't have enough money to buy a L'Oreal, I gave it a shot.

It didn't color my hair brown and the color result was far from what the box stated. Instead of the brown color I was supposed to have, it was still black with a dark brown undertone whenever my hair was exposed under sunlight. This may be due to my hair not being virgin anymore, and me having black hair.

The scent of the hair color was okay though, it was not irritating to the nose and scalp especially during application. I am not saying that it holds true for everyone though~

As I have said, even though I left it on for more than an hour (and the recommended time was just 30minutes!), I didn't see any difference to my hair color. I am contented with it becoming slightly dark brown, that was the color I was aiming for anyway. But the thing is, it didn't change my hair color at all.

Ease of Application
    The box comes complete with gloves and the easy application bottle. I think it makes the application easier. It also came with English instructions that are complete with pictures so it was easy to understand.