Other Hair Colorings:

L'Oreal ParisL'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

This is the best hair color so far!

I have been coloring my hair at home for about two years now.  I have had the best success with the L'Oreal brand, so I tend to stick to their hair coloring kits.  Last night I used **L'Oreal Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme **and had the best experience with coloring my hair at home so far.

My hair is naturally a light brown/ugly, dirty dishwater color, so I tend to dye my hair light blonde because it matches my fair complexion better.  This time I bought the color "01 - Extra Light Ash Blonde" and it turned out fabulous!

A box of **L'Oreal Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme** includes:

- Protective Pre-Color Serum

- Non-Drip Creme

- Color bottle

- After-Color Conditioner

- 2 gloves

I didn't follow the directions exactly, but I did for the most part.  I started out by applying the Protective Pre-Color Serum to my ends and let it sit for 2 minutes.  After that, I applied the color to my roots first because this color matches the last color I used very closely (the instructions say you should apply the color to your roots last if you are using a new color).

After coloring, I used the provided conditioner in the shower and it really conditioned my hair.  It felt extremely soft, smooth and easy to comb out.  When my hair dried, I was so impressed with the result - there was no brassy orange at the roots where there usually is, and the color turned out perfect.  The color isn't as light as the color on the box, but it still looks great.  I am actually impressed with myself because there aren't any patches of dark roots anywhere!  I have previously used [L'Oreal Superior Preference Dream Blonde][1] , but didn't have as much success as I did with this product.  However, I would buy the Dream Blonde again just in case it was an error on my end and not L'Oreal's.

**The Scoop!**

This hair coloring experience turned out perfect besides the color not turning out as light as the box.  I really like this hair coloring kit and will definitely purchase it again.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/LOreal-Superior-Preference-Dream-Blonde-review-7fe73

Lightens hair, its ok

This stuff isn't too bad. I probably would not buy it again. It lightened my naturally dark blonde/brunette and frequently lightened hair. It washed out pretty quickly though. Not as light as the box. I did notice that there are Still some warm tones in my very warm toned hair. My scalp was a little irritated. I'm guessing that is because it has more chemicals, bleach?, than the shades just below that I had been using. As far as these higher lift type blonde colors go it is ok but not stunning. It should have worked better but it did some damage to my hair. THere are better products out there that are not harder to use or much more expensive. Going to a salon is of course an option but much more costly. I am not sure if this is ACTUALLY a highlife and I am not sure the difference either, that may be why this did not get my hair as light as I wanted. IT would be nice if they came up with better conditioners for these box colors because they all seem to have the same one and the are just like fabric softeners.

i like it very much

from Caracas. Ve

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• New Look

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

i like it very much. never really achieve the desired color, but with this if you got

• Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent

One of my favorites.

from Kansas

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

I'm a redhead and I dye my hair a little bit darker shade of red on a regular basis. The problem with red hair dye is that the pigment lasts less time compared to other hair colors. It was way too expensive to go to a salon and get my hair dyed on a monthly basis. I started doing it at home instead to save money. I've tried a lot of different at home dyes and the L'Oreal Excellence Creme hair color is one of my favorites.

For different shades of red I find L'Oreal Excellence Creme to have a very good selection which is sometimes difficult to find. The colors portrayed on their box are fairly accurate. A lot of times I've had too much of a pink tint, or a brown tint to my hair hair color with other brands but what's on the box of Excellence Creme is actually how my hair turns out. It takes 25 minutes to complete the process. This hair dye has less of that horrible smell than some of the others. It doesn't appear to damage my hair that much. The color lasts a few weeks for me, which is about the longest I can ever get the red dyes to last.

Overall, I recommend it. For those dying your hair red, they have a great selection of reds and the color is just how it is pictures on the box. [I can't speak for the other colors] It doesn't smell as bad as some dyes and doesn't seem to damage the hair as much. Give it a try.

• Ease of Application:

The smell is a little strong but it was okay overall.

from West Virginia

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

I bought this in a dark blonde shade because my hair is naturally light brown/dirty blonde. I wanted to go a little bit lighter for summer so I figured this hair color would do the trick. First of all, the color match up on the box is just slightly off. I found that instead of being dark blonde I was more of a medium blonde. It was a bit brighter and sunnier than I had expected. I wanted a color that was lighter but a darker shade of blonde but it didn't quite give me what I was expected.

The color had a bit of brassy tones to it. I had to use some clarifying shampoo to get the brassy color out. After a couple scrubs with clarifying shampoo, the color toned down but it was just too light for what I was hoping for. I ended up putting some dark brown highlights in it to break it up.

The gloves in this were terrible and I didn't waste my time with them. I bought a cotton wrap and Vaseline to put around my head. I can say that the dye did a good job with my eye brows. They turned out a nice color that was slightly darker than my hair color.

It works quickly but with the shade I chose, my hair color ended up a bit lighter than I had wanted. I ultimately put highlights in my hair to break it up a bit.

Ease of Application
    It's a bit messy. I used a cotton wrap around my head to keep the mess minimal.

L'oreal Hair creme

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

This hair creme was a pretty good product for the price. It has been a really easy procedure to apply the entire creme throughout my hair which I needed for a quick touch up in between dyes. My roots had begun fading and I needed to dye my hair, unfortunately my usual stylist was booked for an entire month which was when my next scheduled appointment was. I was frantically looking for something to hold me over in the meantime and I found this pretty simple looking creme. It ended up working out really well for me which was such a relief. I really loved how simplistic it was. And although it too had faded by the date of my next appointment it was an effective tool to use to keep me looking fresh and up to date. I will definitely use it again and recommend it for everyone in the same type circumstances as myself.

It worked and went onto my hair pretty easily, it lasted for about a month and that was with me washing my hair every two days.

Works well, deep color.

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

I always used darker colors with this hair dye and the colors were usually deep enough to color over whatever my previous color was. Sometimes my hair felt dry after rinsing all the dye out, but the color was always great.

The color was deep and would usually go on pretty even. Sometimes I had some areas that the dye didn't take as well, but overall it worked great.

Ease of Application
    About as easy as any other box dye. I've always self dyed my hair and it isn't an easy task! Especially with long hair. I think the only complaint I have and it goes for all box dyes, is that I wish they had a cream that came with it that would take the dye off my ears and the back of my neck after I rinsed the color out...

• Ease of Application:

GREAT PRODUCT!!!! WELL WORTH THE PRICE!!!!!

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

This is a terrific product. Well worth it. It lasts a long time before you have to apply it again.

It is great at covering up roots and greys. I have used it for years.

Ease of Application
    This product is great. I have found that it doesn't drip or make a mess when being applied and it is easy to apply and it stays put. It is also easy to clean up afterwards.

Love this product

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

I've been coloring my hair at home for over 10 years. I have used many different products but L'Oreal is hands down my favorite. My natural hair color is a dark brown and I use medium blonde and it covers the dark and lasts! I reapply to the roots about every 3 months but my hair still looks healthy and styles great!

• Ease of Application:

Great product to use for hair coloring and also a good price

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

I have used a variety of hair colors but have this brand to be one of my favorites! Also, it's frequent that you can find coupons and also sales on this product which can make it even better, or if you want to give it a try and afraid to it is easier to do so when not spending as much money on it.

This hair color does cover my gray for the expected timeframe that is stated on the box, 4-6 weeks, and I do have a lot of gray to be covered. When I use this product, I can wait the normal timeframe that I do usually wait (5 weeks) and color again. The conditioning creme that comes with this color also seems to make my hair softer.

Ease of Application
    It takes very little time to mix together and then easy to color your hair according to the directions. I have found that the amount of hair coloring mixture is enough for use by me as well and doesn't seem bad or have a foul odor. Also, the timeframe for leaving color on indicated on the box is accurate for me and works well to cover my gray and new growth.

Bells and Whistles.

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

I used this hair color once. The color turned out fine; a little gold for my taste (I got an ash color ) but the packaging is a tiny bit confusing. There are two tiny tubes. One goes into the developer and color serum bottle and the other similar tiny tube is a pre-treatment for your ends if you have previously colored hair as it can be porous and absorb more color and become darker than the top and virgin parts of your hair. Other than that L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color left my hair feeling soft and the color was close to what I was trying for.

I gave effectiveness an eight because the L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color did do it's job and the pre conditioning stuff did help keep the color even it just turned out more gold than I wanted. My hair was just a tiny bit lighter than the color on the box I just wanted to tone my hair and darken it a little.

Ease of Application
    Aside from the slightly confusing tiny bottles it was easy enough. No accidents.

• Ease of Application:

Great color that doesn't fade over time

Comments about L'Oreal Paris L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color:

L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair color is a fantastic hair coloring kit. I use the light ash blonde. It goes very well with my coloring. I love this home hair coloring kit as it is not harsh on my skin or hair. I have used other kits in the past that have burned and smelled terrible. I have not had this experience with this kit. yes there is an odor to any hair coloring kit but this does not smell too chemical or harsh. It also does burn my scalp or make my head itch while wearing it (prior to rinsing it out in the shower) I love that the color does not fade over time and the conditioning packet works wonders!!!! This kit is not harsh and keeps hair looking healthy and great after coloring.

Great results. The light ash blonde looks very nice. I find that it looks natural on me. I have dark blonde hair and use this to lighten up my hair just a touch. It goes very well with my coloring.

Ease of Application
    Easy to follow directions for touch ups or full head applications. You do need to make sure to clean up any drips and to keep it off your clothing as you do not want any discoloration to occur. I usually drape an old towel around my shoulders when applying hair coloring at home. This works very well for me.