Other Hair Colorings:
Ion

Pros

Cons

Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color

I have been using Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color for quiet a few years and I love it. I used to use over the counter boxed hair colors, but once I used this I would never go back. The results from Ion is amazing, it covers your gray, leaves your hair feeling so soft and healthy, you don't have to worry about it damaging or breaking your hair. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to save money and get salon results at the same time

The results you get form Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color will really surprise you. I love that you can get the color you want with this product and that it is long lasting and fade resistant.

Ease of Application
This is so simple to use, even my teen daughter can do it herself. This color does have to be mixed with a developer and you do have to purchase it separately. The instructions are simple and only takes a few minutes to mix it with the color then all you have to do is apply it to hair set your timer and rinse out and style.

Ion color is not brilliant...

Despite all of the good reviews, I was surprisingly not a fan of this hair dye at all. Occasionally I like to give my naturally dark hair a jet black/blue black tint to it. I decided to give this a whirl because everyone raves about how great this hair dye is. This was the worst black hair dye I ever used. It was supposed to be jet black but it wasn't. It came out a dingy and dull looking black. It looked like I had dyed my hair black and tried to fade it. It made my hair very unhealthy looking, which I was upset about. I also felt like it washed out a lot of the color after one wash, which was okay with me because I didn't like the color at all. I guess it's true what they say, products work different for everyone.

Hair color was dingy looking, and it didn't stay in my hair for longer then one wash. It was a waste of my money, luckily it was cheap.

Ease of Application
The only upside is that it was easy to use. This hair color spread evenly throughout my hair. I didn't need more then one box either,

Wonderful Product! Salon Quality Color!

from Cumming, GA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look

Cons

• New Look

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I have been dying my hair for over ten years now, and once I discovered Ion brand hair color, there has been no going back. I have experimented with the hair salon, paying way to much for similar results, to using the box dyes that you purchase at the grocery store, which usually don't last that long, and never look like the color on the box. My friend dyes her hair all of the time as well, and she was the first to recommend this product. I like to experiment with reds on my hair, and I have sampled four or five different reds from Ion, all with brilliant results. Regardless of whether or not you bleach your hair before you apply the color (I currently to not prebleach, but I used to), you will end up with a rich, vivid red that does not fade quickly. I typically can go two to three months without having to redye my hair. It also leaves your hair silky and smooth, unlike some products which are prone to damage your hair. And the price is amazing! You typically pay about $4-$5 per tube (sometimes even less if you shop during a sale), and one tube goes a long way. If your hair is short to medium length (about to the shoulder), you can expect to do the job with just one tube. If it is longer, I would go ahead and spring for a second tube, just in case. The nice thing about this, though, is, since the developer is not already mixed, you use only what you need, then you can save any extra for use the next time you color. All in all, an extraordinary value. I recommend it to anyone looking to change or enhance their color.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent

Love in a box!

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I really love Ion products! From their straighteners to their oils to to their hair dye! I used Ion in a bright red to achieve the look I wanted and it worked on the very first try! Of course you have to use a developer but I dye hair ALL the time and never seem a dye as effective as this! I also did a white blonde on a friend and it turned out gorgeous! I will always recommend this product. And it doesn't even smell bad!

Brought a strong and bold color to my hair.

Very easy to apply.

I love it

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

This product is absolutely amazing! I used the Light Burgundy Blonde, and my hair turned into a beautiful crimson red. The only drawback I have to say is the smell and also how your hair feels icky afterwards. But otherwise this hair dye is great and I would totally recommend it

Brilliant Color!

from Ohio

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I really like Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color! This is a fantastic dye to use if you are someone who knows what you are doing and have lots of experience with coloring hair. The only reason I have rated Ion Color at a 9 versus a perfect 10 is because it does need to be mixed with some form of developer and the product is a little bit harder to find than other of hair colors. I have purchased Ion's Hair Color many times and have used personally on myself and also when coloring my sister's hair before in the past. Ion Hair Color has been out for quite a while now but is really only available at salons or specialty stores that carry a wide variety of hair color. More specifically, you can always find a very large selection of Ion Permanent Hair Color available at Sally's Beauty Supply! They have many beautiful shades. The color itself does not feel harsh and it does a nice job coloring grays, too. It is pretty inexpensive and I would recommend Ion Brilliance Permanent Hair Color to anyone who is moderately experienced with coloring hair!

• Ease of Application:

Best color product I have found in a beauty supply store.

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

This is a really nice color line. I like it almost as much as I like the former L'Oreal Excellence salon line (not the boxed drug store stuff). I get my color at Sally's Beauty Salon and have been through Wella, and all the L'Oreals, and I knew I had a winner when I got Ion. I use a mixture of 9V and 8N (3-to-1) - cool and warm, which they say you should never do, and it is a gorgeous blend with my color (somewhat fair and lightly freckled). The developer, which is for sensitive skin, is a good match. The color is very natural looking, and I am able to basically just color my roots every two to three weeks and only do the full head of hair about two or three times a year. No line shows. (To be fair, it may be my technique rather than the color, but this is the best I've used, aside from the professional Goldwell color from when my family owned a salon.) It's a lightish color, but it is not pale like platinum. It has enough warmth to look genuine. All color causes damage to hair because it alters it, but Ion is one of the best I have used. I haven't tried any of the colors outside of the blond family, so I can't speak to browns or reds, but it looks real, not like it's got fake color on it. I highly recommend it. Much better than the other, better-known beauty supply products.

Ease of Application
    It's the same as any other hair color. Takes some technique. Although I do my own color, most people would benefit by having someone else do it. The back is hard to do.

All Over Coverage in One bottle

from Hannibal, MO

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

My hair is long, 4-5 inches below my shoulders and I used 1 bottle got excellent coverage.
    Usually I have to buy 2 boxes to get all of my hair colored effectively. I also do not find the odor to be offensive or strong from this brand of color. I usually do not switch brands of hair color but this brand will now be the only brand I use to do my color at home it gives professional looking results at home.

I am only needing to recolor every 8-10 weeks instead of 6-8 weeks so In the long run I am also saving money with this product. I keep my hair colored due to the gray and I have found even my hard to cover grey absorbs this color very effectively and doesn't start to show through until about 7 weeks after applying ION hair color.

Ease of Application
    It is just a three step process and very easy to apply. Which is basically the same process with every brand of hair color I have used in the past. I did drip some on my forehead but if you immediately clean this off with a damp washcloth it comes right off.

• Ease of Application:

Always turns out just the way I want.

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

Ion has so many colors I always manage to find exactly what I need. I have used Ion for many years now. I like their medium blonde ashy tones and colors they always turn out well for me. Does not fade like those box dyes do. Ion provides long lasting color WHICH IS HARD TO FIND IN MY OPINION.

Ion is very effective. The colors are true to their descriptions and examples. It never turns out brassy or gold unless you want it to lol. It covers thoroughly. Smells nice. Leaves your hair soft. Not too much damage. I don't have any gray yet but I bet if I did Ion haircolor would cover it because I've had white blonde hair before and brought it down to medium with Ion in one application.

Ease of Application
    Instructions are clear and easy. Even if you are a beginner all you have to do is read the instructions and because it's usually only available at salon supply stores like Sally's they have staff that can help you in case you forget something. But once you get everything you need it's easy peasy.

Ion Reds

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

This is a great product, it is the only one that gets me to the color I really want. It is easy to apply and personally speaking, it does no damage to my scalp. It stains a little if it falls on your skin so I recommend to use vaseline to outline your face and neck before beggining and always use gloves. Other than that Ion permanent colors are great!

Better than I expected

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I like to dye my hair really bright colors and my friends always recommend that I use manic panic. I did this at first and despite its expensive price the color faded quickly and also faded to really ugly colors. So another friend recommended ion and I was skeptical at first cause usually with hair products low price = low quality. Not with ion the color lasted at least two weeks longer than other brands i'd tried and even when it did fade the fade wasn't that bad compared to the original color. All this at half the price. The only problem I had with it was that it didn't spread as well as other brands through my long and thick hair but that's a small problem compared to all the pros.