Other Hair Colorings:
Ion

Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color

Pros

• Easy to use (8)
  • Great color (8)
  • Gentle (7)
  • Long-lasting (5)
  • Natural look (3)

• New look (6)
    • Permanent (8)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (4)

Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color

I have been using Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color for quiet a few years and I love it. I used to use over the counter boxed hair colors, but once I used this I would never go back. The results from Ion is amazing, it covers your gray, leaves your hair feeling so soft and healthy, you don't have to worry about it damaging or breaking your hair. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to save money and get salon results at the same time

The results you get form Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color will really surprise you. I love that you can get the color you want with this product and that it is long lasting and fade resistant.

Ease of Application
This is so simple to use, even my teen daughter can do it herself. This color does have to be mixed with a developer and you do have to purchase it separately. The instructions are simple and only takes a few minutes to mix it with the color then all you have to do is apply it to hair set your timer and rinse out and style.

This hair color washed out extremely quickly.

I was very disappointed with this product. I loved the color that it turned out when I first used it, but a few days later, it started to wash out already and looked splotched and bad. I followed all of the directions within this, so there was nothing that I did wrong. I just saw that patches of my hair started to look purple or light brown, and the rest was red. It was extremely strange and I wasn't happy with how this turned out.

This is my go to Hair dye.

from Indianapolis, In

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Versatile

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I love Ion Color Brilliance liquid permanent hair color! If you are looking for something with amazing pigment and shine I would defintely recomend this product.

Good product

from Warren, mi

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I've used this product for years and always get great results! The only con I have is that it seems to fade quicker than I would like. Especially red shades, but in my experience that is pretty common for red shades. Overall, I like the product and have purchased many many times!

Best

from Albuquerque

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Smells Bad

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I buy this from Sally's and they always have great deals. I have tried a few colors.

• Permanent

Excellent Multi-Benefit Hair Color! So Worth It!!

from Rosmamond, CA

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• beautiful shades
    • Does Not Damage Hair
    • Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I love Ion Color Brilliance Hair Color. They even have new shades including some gorgeous reds and magentas. The color is easy to apply and gentle on hair and scalp. It does not stain the skin, but does cover grays and gives a brilliant color and shine to hair. It is not expensive at all and can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply. I have used Ion products for years and this is their best color forumulation yet

Hairstylist review

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gentle
      • Great Color

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

This brand is great. It is decently priced compared to most products. It is salon quality, a little goes a long way, it is vibrant, and i have seen many professionals use it. I use to use this on my own hair and the color lasted for quite awhile! I always see all of these reviews on almost any hair color stating "this color doesnt last long" or "color comes out quick". Well , let me tell you this: how long a color lasts depends on how you treat it!! Here are 3 easy steps to follow for longer lasting color.

1) Only wash your hair every other day. Washing it every day strips your hair of needed, natural oils (and your color!)
      2) Use color safe shampoo!! Easy enough, right??
      3) Lastly and most importantly, wash your hair with the coldest water you can stand! Cold water locks the color in better and prevents color bleeding.

• Permanent

The best hair dye around

from West Virginia

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gentle
      • Great Color
      • Long-Lasting
      • Natural Look
      • Versatile

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color is one of the top hair colors out right now. Its gentle on your hair and it definitely gives you the color you're desiring. I used to only use boxed hair dye where it all came in 1 box and you just mixed it together. Those box dyes always damaged my hair and I never really got the color that was shown on the box. Once I was introduced to this Ion Hair Color I was hooked. You do have to buy your developer separately but the 2 together costs about the same as a box of hair dye. This is definitely the safest way to go and its more promising for anyone's hair.

Amazing

from Mansfield Ohio

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Gentle
        • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

7RR has been my color for the last several years… It is the closest to my natural red that I have found, and it is always bright and beautiful!

• Permanent

Wonderful Product! Salon Quality Color!

from Cumming, GA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Gentle
        • Great Color
        • Long-Lasting
        • Natural Look

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I have been dying my hair for over ten years now, and once I discovered Ion brand hair color, there has been no going back. I have experimented with the hair salon, paying way to much for similar results, to using the box dyes that you purchase at the grocery store, which usually don't last that long, and never look like the color on the box. My friend dyes her hair all of the time as well, and she was the first to recommend this product. I like to experiment with reds on my hair, and I have sampled four or five different reds from Ion, all with brilliant results. Regardless of whether or not you bleach your hair before you apply the color (I currently to not prebleach, but I used to), you will end up with a rich, vivid red that does not fade quickly. I typically can go two to three months without having to redye my hair. It also leaves your hair silky and smooth, unlike some products which are prone to damage your hair. And the price is amazing! You typically pay about $4-$5 per tube (sometimes even less if you shop during a sale), and one tube goes a long way. If your hair is short to medium length (about to the shoulder), you can expect to do the job with just one tube. If it is longer, I would go ahead and spring for a second tube, just in case. The nice thing about this, though, is, since the developer is not already mixed, you use only what you need, then you can save any extra for use the next time you color. All in all, an extraordinary value. I recommend it to anyone looking to change or enhance their color.

Love in a box!

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

I really love Ion products! From their straighteners to their oils to to their hair dye! I used Ion in a bright red to achieve the look I wanted and it worked on the very first try! Of course you have to use a developer but I dye hair ALL the time and never seem a dye as effective as this! I also did a white blonde on a friend and it turned out gorgeous! I will always recommend this product. And it doesn't even smell bad!

Brought a strong and bold color to my hair.

Ease of Application
          Very easy to apply.

I love it

Comments about Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Permanent Hair Color:

This product is absolutely amazing! I used the Light Burgundy Blonde, and my hair turned into a beautiful crimson red. The only drawback I have to say is the smell and also how your hair feels icky afterwards. But otherwise this hair dye is great and I would totally recommend it