Other Hair Colorings:
Clairol

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Root Touch-Up is very good product

I tried this for the first time using a coupon found in my newspaper and was very pleased with the results.  The color blends well with my existing color.  I found this very easy to use.  Instructions provided are easy to follow and it comes with a little plastic tray for mixing the color that is very convenient and easy to apply with the little brush provided.  Application-wise, I think I like this approach more than any other color I've used.    Although , it may be a little more difficult with someone that has long, thick hair.  The color also held up for a very long time.  I have short hair and actually I think I could have done my entire head with the amount of color provided.  It also did not dry my hair out as I've found with some coloring products.  The cost of this product, the ease of use and the lasting effects make this an excellent buy.  The only downside was that some of the I guess you would say more stubborn grays did not pick up the color well but I thought that only made it look more natural.  Will definitely purchase again.

Mixed review!

Okay, so I have been coloring my hair for many many years now and I usually use a different brand, the only reason I used this product was because I got a try me coupon from somewhere and I thought of giving it a try. Well, as my title says "Mixed reviews", I really have mixed feelings about this. Let me tell you why.

The product though pretty easy to use (Just apply the color, let sit for a while, then rinse off. Simple!) is not enough, quantity wise, at least it wasn't enough for my scalp and I'd like to think that I do not have a BIG head. Secondly, the applicator brush did NOT help me AT ALL. I used my own hair coloring brush for application.

I was able to try the medium brown shade but it did not match the image on the box. I also think that it is pretty expensive given the fact that it was a root touch up kit AND the quantity was so less! I do have a very positive thing to say though, while applying the color, I really didn’t like the chemical smell. But after you rinse it off, the smell goes away completely. This is something that my usual color does not do, hence I gave this an overall "6" rating.

It works but NOT on stubborn grays/whites!

from Philadelphia, PA

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Doesn't Last
  • Does not cover hard-to-color grays.
  • Smells Bad

• Touch Ups

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I used to really enjoy this product when I first starting using it, which was about one and half years ago (mid 2014). At first, it did exactly what I wanted it to do - cover up the small amount of white hair that was showing up all over my fact and roots of the top of my head and even down to the bottom of my ends. I used it to cover all this and it worked. Then, my white hair started to get more course and hard to work with, and this is when I found out that this product does NOT stand up to hard-to-cover white/gray hair at all. In fact, I have dangerously left the product on too long in desperate need for it to work and it still did not do the job (I will never risk the health of my hair again for a product like this!). But, needless to say, I still use it even tho it does not cover up some of the white hair that I have. It does do a great job for the rest of the white hair at my roots and around my face. I especially like the brush that it comes with; however I do wish the brush was just a little more thicker with a little more britles on the brush.

• Commitment To Color:
  • Permanent

The best product ever for those inbetween times.

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

Very quick no mess and easy. Perfect when there's no time in between coloring.

Covers almost perfectly, you choose the spots to cover. As you brush with the applicator it moves the hair around covering it all and even the underneath.

Ease of Application
Extremely easy, just brush on any place you see grey. The little bowl and brush makes the ease of this great. Pour in and use the brush to mix.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!

from Warren, OH

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I purchased the color that was correct to mine and it turned it ORANGE. Now before you ask i followed the directions to a T, then called Clairol

Turned my hair orange when its suppose to be medium brown

Ease of Application
Its very easy to apply. My only warning is keep looking in the mirror to see how it is processing.

• Ease of Application:

Love it for a quick touch up!

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I have colored my hair now for almost 8 years. I have always had a thick head of healthy hair and the coloring has never damaged it. I started doing my own color to save money because the cost of paying a professional was eating into my budget more than I could afford. Doing my own color was great for my budget but not so much for my patience. Anyone who colors their hair knows that to do it right you have to take the time to separate your hair into sections so that the color is applied evenly. I have short to medium length hair and it sometimes takes me 30 minutes just to apply the color. Because this procedure is not an easy job, I would sometimes let my roots grow out two to three inches before I would recolor my hair.

When I heard of Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up I was hesitant about applying a different product on the roots, but once I got the nerve to try it, boy am I glad I did. With the twelve color choices I was able to find just the right shade to match my color. Everything that I needed to do my roots was in the box. The most amazing thing is the applicator brush that is included that helps apply the color precisely where it needs to be. No more smearing it on with my fingers. The instructions say to apply it at the part, at the temple, and at the hairline. I find it nice and easy (no pun intended) to color those areas which then results in a touch up that keeps my gray in control and keeps me feeling more confident.

I highly recommend this root touch-up product for anyone who colors their hair and wants an easy way to keep up with the roots. It made my life easier and will yours too!

I have had no problems getting a complete coverage of my roots and a color that blends with the rest of my existing color.

Ease of Application
The applicator brush makes applying the color a snap. It's almost like painting it on only you have a brush to grab the hair and get the color all around the strands.

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I tried this Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up the other day as a quick fix to some grey hairs that I had started to get and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I didn't want to do a full colour, or change my colour. I saw this at the drugstore and decided to give it a try. It was easy to find a match for my natural colour. The instructions were very easy to follow. I was hesitant because I am not the greatest when it comes to doing things with my hair, but this really was easy to use. The brush made it easy to get the colour on the spots that I wanted it from root to tip. I left it on for the extra time so fifteen minutes, and when I was finished, it really did cover up the grey hair. The only thing I didn't like about it was the smell, but then most hair colours don't smell very good so I can't really complain about that. Very pleased!

It worked very well at covering up the grey that I wanted to without changing the colour of my hair.

Incredibly easy to use!

• Ease of Application:

Immediate coverage - not long lasting

from Forest, VA

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

This is a product that I have used (usually with satisfaction) for several years. Clairol Nice 'N Easy Root Touch-up is a good product for stretching the time between salon colors - it looks good right after use but my "stray grays" pop out again very quickly. I wash my hair every day, however, this color does not provide coverage for more than a week. It is great for a quick fix. UPDATE (July 2013): Product was used on a Friday for a much needed touch-up. Application was timed according to the directions (leaving it on a little extra time for "stubborn grays". By Sunday (2 days later), the grays were once again noticeable. I have decided that I will not be purchasing this product any longer. There are so many hair coloring products on the market, I will find another product that performs better. Because of my most recent experience with Clairol Root Touch-up, this is not a product that I would recommend. Since I have used it successfully for many years, I have to question whether the formula has been changed (weakened) so that it is not as effective. Regardless of the reason, I find it does not meet my needs.

Will not use this product again. Coverage does not last more than a few days and is not worth the application effort.

• Ease of Application:

Clairol nice n' easy is just that!

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I think this is a wonderful product for those if us who cannot afford or do not have the time to go to the salon monthly and grey starts to creep in. It is a wonderful stop gap product that is both effective and easy to apply. It is probably not a long term solution due to the amount of touching up you have to do monthly but it still beats monthly salon visits.

I think this is an effective product but I think it works best on my hair when I leave it on for an extended time so that it can really work on the grey roots. I have left it on for up to 30 minutes and it is lasted for almost a month. It is not for full head coverage.

Ease of Application
This is an easy product to apply and works the same as most touch up products. You need to wear gloves and it is advisable not to use the product over white sink counter to because it will stain if you are not careful. However, application is simple and you just need to brush it and massage using hands into your roots. It is important to blend it in with current hair color.

Not worth the price

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

Honestly, I think I could buy a full sized bottle of dye and get more then you do with Clairol Root Touch up. I will admit that it is convenient and less messier, but you are so limited. You have ro make sure you get your problem areas before it runs out. I was disappointed when I noticed it didn't cover some of my gray hairs.

It did not cover some of my gray hairs. I know I applied a good amount on my gray areas, but it missed some of my gray hairs. I would not buy this product

Ease of Application
Easy to apply. The applicator is great and is less messy then regular dyes.

• Ease of Application:

The root color doesnt match the rest of my hair.

from West Virginia

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I tried the nice and easy color first in a light brown to match my natural color. After a few weeks of my hair growing, I bought the same shade in the root touch up thinking it would be the best color choice. To my dismay, the color did not match. My root color was a lot darker than my hair color I had chosen. I expected it to be somewhat darker because it was fresh color that hadn't faded over the course of six weeks but I didn't expect it to be so dark. The root color turned out more of a chocolate color than a light brown color.

The brush is easy to use. You apply a little product to the brush and then comb onto your roots. It's easy to apply but I felt like I wasn't getting full coverage on the under side of my hair. I picked my hair up in places and applied the product throughout the layers. Overall I don't recommend this. I would rather just use the original color on my roots or dye my whole head over again.

It dyes my hair but the shades don't match up and it takes some work to get into the roots all over.

Ease of Application
I had to pick up a lot of sections of hair to get all of my roots effectively. The brush doesn't go through all the strands like it should.

Root Touch Up

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

This was not my favorite root touch up that I have ever used. It was a so so product in my opinion. I used it after seeing it on sale at my local drug store. Maybe the fact that it was on sale should have been a warning to me but I decided on purchasing it anyway. The brush applicator itself was extremely flimsy in my opinion and could barely hold and stir the dye properly. When trying to apply the dye to my hair it was pretty messy and difficult. I had to keep the dye on my hair for forty five minutes before I really started to see a satisfactory amount of color being added to my hair. I felt like after my first wash with shampoo and conditioner there was probably a fifty percent fade in my roots already which was somewhat disappointing. Overall I cannot really say that I would use the product again in the future and will refrain from buying hair dyes that are on sale at the store.