Other Hair Colorings:
Clairol
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up

Pros

• Easy to use (8)
  • Natural look (7)
  • Gentle (6)
  • Great color (6)
  • Long-lasting (5)

• Touch ups (8)
  • Graying hair (5)
    • Permanent (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Beauty conscious (5)

Root Touch-Up is very good product

I tried this for the first time using a coupon found in my newspaper and was very pleased with the results.  The color blends well with my existing color.  I found this very easy to use.  Instructions provided are easy to follow and it comes with a little plastic tray for mixing the color that is very convenient and easy to apply with the little brush provided.  Application-wise, I think I like this approach more than any other color I've used.    Although , it may be a little more difficult with someone that has long, thick hair.  The color also held up for a very long time.  I have short hair and actually I think I could have done my entire head with the amount of color provided.  It also did not dry my hair out as I've found with some coloring products.  The cost of this product, the ease of use and the lasting effects make this an excellent buy.  The only downside was that some of the I guess you would say more stubborn grays did not pick up the color well but I thought that only made it look more natural.  Will definitely purchase again.

Mixed review!

Okay, so I have been coloring my hair for many many years now and I usually use a different brand, the only reason I used this product was because I got a try me coupon from somewhere and I thought of giving it a try. Well, as my title says "Mixed reviews", I really have mixed feelings about this. Let me tell you why.

The product though pretty easy to use (Just apply the color, let sit for a while, then rinse off. Simple!) is not enough, quantity wise, at least it wasn't enough for my scalp and I'd like to think that I do not have a BIG head. Secondly, the applicator brush did NOT help me AT ALL. I used my own hair coloring brush for application.

I was able to try the medium brown shade but it did not match the image on the box. I also think that it is pretty expensive given the fact that it was a root touch up kit AND the quantity was so less! I do have a very positive thing to say though, while applying the color, I really didn’t like the chemical smell. But after you rinse it off, the smell goes away completely. This is something that my usual color does not do, hence I gave this an overall "6" rating.

Great for in between colorings

from alabama

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look
  • Versatile

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

Clairol's Root touch up is perfect for those times when your roots are peeking through and you don't have time or don't really need to color your whole head. I love that the root touch up is quick easy and efficient. It only takes 10 minutes to get your hair looking fabulous again.

Love this product !!

from chicago ill

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting
    • Natural Look

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

Great product I have to dye by roots at least every 8 weeks and this product works great !! Very easy to use in not a lot of time blends well to your natural hair color will buy again !!

• Permanent
      • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Fantastic and easy to use hair color!

from Tennessee

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gentle
      • Great Color
      • Long-Lasting
      • Natural Look
      • Versatile

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I have been using this hair color since I first discovered it and love it! It's perfect for in between coloring of all of my hair. Definitely helps cut back on the damage to my hair from coloring it all over. It just the right amount of product, easy to mix and use and takes very little time. It has been a perfect match to my regular color Everytime! Covers my grays perfectly and lasts until my next coloring.

Actually NICE & EASY

from Glenwood, Illinois

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Gentle
        • Great Color
        • Long-Lasting
        • Natural Look
        • Versatile

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

LOVE how this product means I don't have to do a color over my whole head as often. That means I don't get that overly dark look on the ends. Now I can just touch up the growth areas and can leave the rest my hair alone. Easy to use and natural looking. LOVE IT!!

good product

from Asbury Park, NJ

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Gentle
          • Great Color
          • Natural Look

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I use this product often to quick color my hair. Everything is included except the container to mix in. The prices in the store are pretty good and it lasts about a month.

• Semi-Permanent

great product

from Algeria

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Gentle
            • Great Color
            • Long-Lasting
            • Natural Look
            • Versatile

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
            • Difficult To Use
            • Doesn't Last
            • Messy
            • Smells Bad
            • Time Consuming
            • Too Harsh

• New Look
            • Thicker Hair
            • Thinner Hair

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

Pretty decent product, usually when I buy a home dye kit it turns my hair orange or does nothing at all, this one actually turned my hair a dark blonde at the roots (I left it on for 25 mins after application). It probably could have done with another 10 mins to make it brighter but overall very good. Only two reasons for not giving it a 5 star are 1. Could do with a slightly bigger bottle and 2. I think the 10-15 mins guideline is a bit misleading. Other than that it's great!

• Temporary

Decent fix

from crawfordsville, IN

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

This is easy and perfect if your hair has not grown out alot.

• Permanent

It works but NOT on stubborn grays/whites!

from Philadelphia, PA

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Natural Look

Cons

• Doesn't Last
              • Does not cover hard-to-color grays.
              • Smells Bad

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I used to really enjoy this product when I first starting using it, which was about one and half years ago (mid 2014). At first, it did exactly what I wanted it to do - cover up the small amount of white hair that was showing up all over my fact and roots of the top of my head and even down to the bottom of my ends. I used it to cover all this and it worked. Then, my white hair started to get more course and hard to work with, and this is when I found out that this product does NOT stand up to hard-to-cover white/gray hair at all. In fact, I have dangerously left the product on too long in desperate need for it to work and it still did not do the job (I will never risk the health of my hair again for a product like this!). But, needless to say, I still use it even tho it does not cover up some of the white hair that I have. It does do a great job for the rest of the white hair at my roots and around my face. I especially like the brush that it comes with; however I do wish the brush was just a little more thicker with a little more britles on the brush.

• Permanent

The best product ever for those inbetween times.

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

Very quick no mess and easy. Perfect when there's no time in between coloring.

Covers almost perfectly, you choose the spots to cover. As you brush with the applicator it moves the hair around covering it all and even the underneath.

Ease of Application
              Extremely easy, just brush on any place you see grey. The little bowl and brush makes the ease of this great. Pour in and use the brush to mix.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!

from Warren, OH

Comments about Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up:

I purchased the color that was correct to mine and it turned it ORANGE. Now before you ask i followed the directions to a T, then called Clairol

Turned my hair orange when its suppose to be medium brown

Ease of Application
              Its very easy to apply. My only warning is keep looking in the mirror to see how it is processing.