Other Dog Foods:

Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Thank heavens for this food.

All of my dogs have mostly been perfectly healthy, but my Siberian husky has issues with his ears to where I guess there is a kind of drainage and it causes discomfort for him. We have tried multiple medications to help him with it, and while they cause a temporary fix, he still ends up having issues once again a day later (Which is a pain seeing as you're only supposed to give him the medication every 72 hours.) I didn't want him to keep being uncomfortable or even in pain, so I went asking around to my fellow dog owner friends to see if maybe they had a better solution that everything I was trying. My cousin had a dog with the same inner ear issues, and she said her Veterinarian found that processed chicken and corn in the dog foods could cause issues like this. She recommended this dog food to me, and although I have not been using it long, I can tell a very big difference in my dog's ear issue, he seems to still have some irritation, but not nearly as much as before. Seeing as I have not tried any other remedies, I think I really have the food to thank. Would definitely recommend.

My dog liked it ,but had a reaction to it.

I recieved a free sample of this dog food in the mail,because I wanted to see if my puppy would eat it,and I have to be very careful of the dog  food I buy for her,because her immune system is compermised because of the  inharrited mange she was born with. And I had heard that the Racheal Ray dog food was a good brand, so I ordered a sample before I went out and bought a big bag because it is 8.00 for a small bag at kroger. But after I gave it to her the next day I noticed she had a couple of spots where her hair had fallen.And she had a rash on her tummy. That is what happens when she has a reaction.

Thank heavens for this food.

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

• Healthy

Cons

• Pricey

• Was this a gift?:

Rachel Ray turns even the snobbiest pets into dry food addicts

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

Honestly, this is one of the best pet foods ever - for dogs or cats. My Secret Confession? With such good and quality ingredients and holding no empty grain calories, I had to at least buy one to see if my cats would eat it. They did more than eat it - They wolfed it down and begged for more. Dry food has never gone this fast!! My two cats are almost as happy now when given dry food as they are with wet food!

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients are the reason I bought it. Only 6 ingredients. I honestly could not ask for more than the first ingredient to be real meat, rather than meal or corn. That is worth my hard earned money.

Flavor Selection
    I have such a low rating here because there is no selection whatsoever. So if you like to change it up for your pets, you have to go elsewhere. I really don't care though. My cats have not grown tired of it, and they've been feeding on this stuff for 5 months. They don't touch any other dry food we mix in with it to try and make it last longer, either. Those cute, smart kitties know we will give them more of the good stuff.

Good but expensive

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

I am not exactly the biggest fan of Rachel Ray, but I believe that sometimes, she knows what she's doing. I also know that she is a huge dog lover, so I can expect that she will come out with a quality product. I thought that for a small bag, that it was very expensive. For a product that has not built up quite the reputation that other brands have, they sure were charging a lot. I do like that this product offers a lot or protein derived from meat. In buying dog food, that is one of the most important aspects to me. I brought it home and scooped out some for my dog for dinner and he seemed to enjoy it. He curiously sniffed it at first and I guess he thought it was good enough to eat! I don't think that I will buy this again though because it's just too expensive. I would rather stick to something that I know is good for my dog but just a tad cheaper. However, it did not hurt to try it one time and I'm glad I did because although it won't be a staple at my house, I know that it's a good product.

puppies loved it

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

tasty and yummy. My two dogs loved it they went to town on it once I filled their bowls up. Its full of real ingredients and actually smelt good, not like other brands. It filled their bellies up and didn't cause upset stomachs or have any allergic reactions after eating it.. They actually just were let out doors running around like a mile around the yard then came back in and we fed them this dog food.. The two took turns eating at the bowl.. Normally my one dog wouldn't really eat that much or prefer to just go look at it and wait to get a treat, but this food changed her mind.. So both of my chi chis, chihauhaus loved it and enjoyed ever bite.:)

Quality of Ingredients
    all real ingredients nothing fake or junky or fatty

Flavor Selection
    the flavor is one that all dogs will love and enjoy nothing strange or weird in combination. If your interested then I'd start with the original cause it has a blend of flavors from real ingredients, what dogs need.. Nothing fake artifical etc.. its like would u rather a bowl of junky color dyes food like some cereals us humans eat or rather something from nature like pieces of veggies and chicken and salmon etc..

ONLY DOG FOOD IN THIS HOUSE

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

AFTER PUPPY CHOW I WAS LOST TO FIND A DOG FOOD FOR MY TEN POUND TOY POODLE.   DOG FOOD AIN'T CHEAP AND  INSTEAD OF THROWING IT OUT I GAVE IT TO OUR LOCAL SHELTER.   THEN CAME RACHEL RAY'S CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE.  FIRST I READ THE INGREDIANTS AND CHICKEN IS THE FIRST SO THAT MEANS QUALITY.  THEN THE DOG TASTE TEST.  HANDS OVER THE ONLY ONE HE WILL EAT.  DON'T EVEN TRY OTHER KINDS OF RACHEL RAY.  THIS DOG IS A ONE FOOD ONE PRODUCT DOG.  THE PRICE IS FAIR AND IT IS EASY TO FIND IN WALMART ONLY.   HOPEFULLY THIS WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE..  I HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN ANY OF THE LOCAL SUPERMARKETS .

Quality of Ingredients
    This is th eonly dog food that agrees with my dog. No gas problems no stomach problems so it must be good quality. The first ingrediant is chicken

i quess i dont eat it

Universal and Very Good Quality

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

So I am a foodie and I absolutely love Rachael Ray. When I got my new puppy who was about 10 weeks old I was looking for a puppy food that did not have any additives or chicken feet, beaks and etc. I saw the Rachael Ray dog food and decided to read the label. It was a good quality dog food that was good for puppies, young dogs, adults, and older dogs. It was very inexpensive and you could always get a coupon from Rachael Ray's website. I also loved this product because she too is a dog owner and takes a lot of pride with her dog so if she is going to feed them this product to someone who is practically her kid then so would I. She holds a high reputation and that also helped me feel comfortable. I am able to get it at my local grocery super store and it is always in stock.

Rachel Ray Delish dog food

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

This is not the dog food that I buy most often for my dogs but I have to say  they really loved it. A friend wanted to get my dogs a little treat as a thank you gift to me. She knows I love the wiener dogs so a gift to them  would be a treat for me. She bought them a package of Rachel Ray delish dog food and I have to say they LOVED it. The pieces of the kibbles are a nice small size that is easy for my crew to eat. (they are all less than 12 pounds and one is only 7 pounds) I read the doggie nutrition information on the side of the package ans it is a nice well rounded and complete food, The food does not have an unpleasnt odor. The negative I found was the price of a package.  I looked into buying it for them again since they liked it but I found it to be rather pricey so I do not buy it all the time. I DO plan to get it for them now and then as a litle variey and a treat like buying steak for myself..

My dogs love it!

from Owosso, MI

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

I have one dog that has a sensitive stomach.I have tried numerous brands of food both expensive and cheaper and he will throw up.Since trying Rachael Ray's dog brand he has not had anymore vomiting and both my dogs love the taste.I like it because of the natural ingredients

Rachel Ray's dog food is a must have for dog owners

from Chickamauga, GA

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

I have two dogs, one will eat anything, ther other is extremly finicky, until I came across Rachel Ray's web site offering free samples, i ordered one, recived it within a week and split it up for my dogs, in under a minute it was gone, so we loaded up the car and went to the store, i will never buy a different brand

A Life Saver, Literally

from Austin, TX

Comments about Rachel Ray Chicken Dog Food:

One of my dogs is strongly affected by her food. Her breathing was labored and energy level very low. Another of my dogs is also affected by dog foods, overall not feeling like playing. So I've been trying every dog food. Then I found Rachel Ray. It was literally a life saver. My dogs are like puppies again. I can't stress it enough how this is the best dog food ever! Doesn't have junk for ingredients. Thank You Rachel Ray.