Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Purpose

Pros

Cons

Purpose Cleaning Wash has a purpose

I purchased the 12 fl oz size around the beginning of the year and when I tried it it was around the colder, less humid months...well it did'nt take but a wash for me to know that this was too harsh for me at that time, it left my skin and lips so parched and dry that I thought I should wait to use it around the summer more very humid months so I did. I will say that  Purpose soap-free soap has a purpose and it is to take off anything that you have on your face to come off, and that may be good occasionally esp. when I was wearing my stronger sunscreen but for me this has been a seasonal cleanser. I have normal skin but I think possibly if you have a oily skin type that this may be a cleanser that you could use year around. I do like that it comes in clear bottle with a pump and if I have any left over make up residue that it will take it off but I have to be sure to really moisturize afterwards.

Great to use when Pregnant

I switched over to purpose facial cleanser while pregnant. It has no harsh chemicals and is gentle on your skin. I have mild acne and unfortunately does not help prevent acne as much as I would have liked it too. The upside is that is is inexpensive and can be found at almost any store.

AWESOME!

from Minneapolis, MN

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy

Cons

• All Skin Types
    • Combination Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

I was more than delighted with this cleanser; my skin had improved immensely within a few weeks, perfect for all skin types- highly recommended

Great gentle facial wash

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

I am always on the lookout for products I haven't tried. I came across this one day and decided to give it a try. It is a little more expensive than a lot of facial washes I use but I usually get such bargains I will splurge a little when I can. It still isn't horribly expensive. I'm glad I tried Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. It was gentle on my skin yet was effective at cleansing and controlling my blemishes.

This does a very good job of cleaning my skin and rinsing clean with no residues. It did not irritate my skin or cause dry patches. It made my skin feel soft and smooth. My face didn't feel as tight as when I use other cleansers. My skin actually felt comfortable all day. It did an excellent job of reducing the oil on my T-zone.

Ease of Application
    I love the pump bottle. It makes it so easy and convenient to use. I like to keep it by the sink so I can wash my face quickly before going to bed at night.

This has a very light scent. It is not overwhelming or displeasing in any way.

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash serves its purpose when it comes to getting your face clean. I bought this product when I was in a pinch. I had run out of my usual face wash and in a small town with a limited selection I reached for Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. I reminds me a lot of the basic Neutrogena face wash; non-offensive scent, a little sudsy, and a squeaky clean feeling.

If you like feeling "squeaky" clean then you'll love this face wash. It's no fuss straight to the point soap.

Ease of Application
    You dampen your face. (Which is the key with any face wash.) You lather a single pump in your hands and then apply to your face. Then you rinse off with luke warm water. The whole thing is fairly straightforward.

The product has a very light/clean scent to it. I would recommend it for anyone who is not into overly scented face washes. Because it does have such a light scent it is suitable to male or female usage.

• Ease of Application:

The Best at Moisturizing, and Acne Cleanser in 1!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

I'll give this product a ten because it's one of the most moisturizing acne treatments that I have tried so far. I don't usually get pimples on my face, although at times I get tiny acne spots on my back and in my hairline. I originally bought this for my kids, but I found them a better soap for their acne. This didn't seem to help their acne as much as other products. It did, however, help the acne in my hairline, and my wife's facial acne. She gets a few pimples off and on, and this seemed to really help treat them as soon as they formed.

I wouldn't recommend this to teenagers who have horrible acne, as it didn't really help either of my sons facial acne. It did, however, help my acne and my wife's acne. The best part about this soap, and why I gave it a ten on effectiveness, is because it's a great moisturizer. It works as a great preventative measure for acne. Some acne forms because of bacteria getting into cracks in your dry skin. If you use this, there aren't any cracks for bacteria to get into because it's a great moisturizer! I highly recommend it to adults and teens who have mild acne, as it treats it and doesn't help it worsen.

Ease of Application
    Easy to apply and just as easy to use as other facial soaps.

Has a really nice scent like most of Johnston's other products have.

• Ease of Application:

Gentle cleanser that works well

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

Purpose is a nice facial cleanser, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin. It goes on the skin very smoothly, not too thick and rinses away very nicely, leaving the skin feeling clean. This facial cleanser does not leave a residue and doesn't dry the skin like other cleansers. I have quite sensitive skin and my face gets very dry, especially during the winter months. This cleanser did a good job of cleaning my skin without drying it out. It lathers quite well, so you don't need a lot to apply to the whole face. There is a slight scent to it, fairly pleasant, but not overwhelming. I like the way my skin feels after using this product: clean, soft, not oily. The price of the product is a fairly good value compared to other facial cleansers. I would recommend this product for anyone looking to use a gentle skin cleanser that won't dry out your skin and doesn't leave a residue on the skin.

• Ease of Application:

FINALLY! I found a gentle facial cleanser!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

I have been looking for a gentle facial cleanser for the longest time. It seemed like I was never going to find one. However, I just recently tried Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and it was honestly a dream come true. Most cleanser irritate my skin if they are too abrasive and I break out even more from those types of facial cleansers. My skin gets very red. This cleanser does not do that. It completely cleaned my face, got my pores clean of any debris, and did not hurt my skin at all. My skin felt refreshed and soft, without the redness or dryness issues. Over the next couple days, I did not have to worry about how my skin looked because this cleanser really helped it. I am so glad I purchased this product and even though it was a little more expensive than my normal purchases, I will be buying it again. I would definitely recommend this product!

I love that this product cleans out my pore completely and my skin feels refreshed. The feeling stays with my skin all day.

Nice Fash Wash

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

Overall I was satisfied with this face wash. It was gentle on my skin and did not irritate it, nor did it leave it dried out. The wash is effective at removing makeup, and is suitable for all skin types.
    It is gentle enough to use on all skin types, and once you begin using it your skin will feel refreshed and vibrant while producing a great glow.
    I have also found this wash to be good for acne, as my son, who has it, uses it often and it helps his skin look and feel better. Another benefit there -both guys and girls and even teens can use this product and expect amazing results.
    The wash lathers well and it takes only a little bit to go a long way.
    Very pleased with the wash, its price and its effectiveness.

Works well to clear skin and to remove makeup

Ease of Application
    The pump bottle is very easy to use, just one squirt and you have what you need to clean your face beautifully

There is not any kind of scent with the face wash

• Ease of Application:

If you have oily skin, this is the best.

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is great at what it is designed to do. I have sensitive skin and this wash does not affect it. I do find it very drying in the winter so I use it sparingly. I use it daily during the summertime. It helps keep my face looking clean and blemish free.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is a great facial wash. It is very mild and helps keep my nose free of black heads, and my face free from acne. Every teenager should have Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash in their bathroom and use it as a daily bedtime wash.

Ease of Application
    Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is easy to use. Pour some into the palm of your hand add warm water and apply to your face. Scrub it on thoroughly and rinse it off. Towel dry your face and you are all done.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash scent is like a very mild soap. It is not harsh or fake smelling. It is quite pleasant. I highly recommend this wash for people of all ages.

• Ease of Application:

Fantastic, thorough yet gentle face wash - love it!

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

The only reason I'm not giving a "10" for my rating is because I do have to struggle a tad bit when trying to remove mascara from my eyes. Otherwise, it's my favorite go-to daily wash in the A.M. and P.M.

Great cleanser. My skin always feels nice after using, and there is no residue of any kind. When I use a toner on my skin after cleaning, the cotton balls are completely clean - with other cleansers, I have been left with dirty cotton balls which clearly tells me the cleanser is not working. I have fairly normal skin, but sometimes on the sensitive side depending upon the time of year and my allergies (i.e., allergy medication), and this cleanser is gentle, yet effective - always.

Ease of Application
    As with mentioned in my initial description, for mascara - I do have to use a bit more and rub a bit more. However, for the skin it's as easy as can be.

Nice, simple and light. I've learned the hard way (throughout my life) to stay away from the perfumed and/or scented cleansers.

Comments about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash:

This is one of those classic products that was good back in the day and is still great today. I first started using Purpose back when I was a teenager in the late nineties. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist for acne prone skin because it does not irritate and thoroughly cleanses the skin. Sometimes, you get the best results from the simplest products. It has a bit of weird smell. Its almost smells like melaluca. It really suds up great to remove oil, dirt, and makeup. I would use a different eye makeup remover before you wash your face. This product is not harsh on the eye area, but if you get it in your eye it burns so bad. It is gentle enough that you can use it morning and nightime. It is not drying and can be used anytime of year. The clean feeling it leaves on your face is similar to the squeaky clean that you would expect from a nice bar soap. It is relatively cheap compared to other face wash brands like biore, clean and clear, and olay. A little bit goes a long way and you should only need a dime size or so to clean your whole face and neck. The bottle lasts quite a while, which also makes it an economical choice. I would really recommend this for acne prone skin or irritated skin because it will wash away the bacteria on the skin without causing intense stinging or irritation that you should expect from the acne medications in other washes. If you prefer, there is a bar soap version of this face wash. However, I have found that the bars are quite small and do not last nearly as long as the pump gel wash.