Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Cleansers for Normal Skin
Philosophy
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Pros

• Gentle (7)
  • Leaves clean feel (7)
  • Moisturizing (6)
  • Not greasy (6)
  • Balances skin (4)

• All skin types (7)
  • Daily use (5)
  • Sensitive skin (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (7)

Sometimes simple is best. Purity Made Simple keeps my face pure.

***Quick View:*** A superior cleanser with no frills that works wonders.

***About Philosophy Purity Made Simple***

This cleanser is perhaps the simplest...Read complete review

***Quick View:*** A superior cleanser with no frills that works wonders.

***About Philosophy Purity Made Simple***

This cleanser is perhaps the simplest cleanser I have used. It is eggnog color and pearly. You squeeze a small out and rub it on your wet face. It doesn’t bubble or lather. It smells slightly odd because there are no added fragrances in it. It rinses off fast and clean and leaves skin hydrated. But does it REALLY cleanse? I tried it with a full face of makeup. I used **Purity** as directed (even on my eye makeup) and then I pulled out my toner and a cotton ball and wiped my face with it. The results were there the cotton ball was still white when I was done. That impressed me. I also used **Purity** on a bare face and, again, I got no residual grease or dirt left behind. This cleanser is simple, so simple, but so effective. I have dry skin and always feel stripped and dry after a good facial cleansing. **Purity **doesn't do that. It cleans my face but doesn't strip the oils from it. For me, this is the perfect cleanser.

***My Viewpoint***

This is step one in my overall skin care regiment. I use **Purity** every night and many mornings. I have started using another Philosophy face cleanser that exfoliates as well but I still prefer **Purity** to any other cleanser of any brand. It is simple but it really cleans my face without stripping it. ***5 stars.***

No lather

I know a lot of people love Philosophy Purity made simple. I am not one of them unfortunately this cleaner does not work well with my skin. I broke out in little white bumps, developed dry patches, my face was irritated and turned very red while using it the redness lasted for several hours. I does remove all of my makeup very easily but it does not foam up at all. I like cleansers that foam up and really make my face clean. Purity made simple has a slimy texture that rinses off okay but I just do not feel like my skin is clean after I use it. I do not think that this product is made for sensitive skin, I find it very irritating it also has a lot of irritating ingredients in it. I am surprised that they say this is for all skin types. Like many other philosophy products this also has that awful medicinal smell. I have also tried the newer foaming purity face cleanser and I had the same problems with that one. I am not a fan.

Left me too dry

from Tennessee

Pros

Cons

• Dries Out Skin

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

Really disappointed in this cleanser. Philosophy usually has great products but this one is not so much. It left my skin feeling really dry, tight and a little itchy.

Silky Smooth

from Barrington, NH

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
    • Improves Skin Texture
    • Leaves Clean Feel
    • Moisturizing
    • Not Greasy

• Dry Skin

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I bought this product and was amazed how gentle it was on my skin. It is non-greasy and leaves your face feeling clean and soft. I have repurchased it three times over since my original purchase. I recommend this for all skin types but especially those with sensitive skin as it is non irritating.

Best face wash I have ever used...gets all the makeup off

from NJ

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Gentle
      • Leaves Clean Feel
      • Moisturizing
      • Not Greasy
      • Removes all the makeup

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I use Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser every night to remove my makeup and prepare my skin for serums and creams before I sleep. This cleanser gets every trace of makeup off without rubbing or scrubbing. It dissolves mascara and lipstick in a flash plus any kind of foundation, BB or CC cream.

Great cleanser that's not harsh

from Lincoln, NE

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
        • Leaves Clean Feel
        • Moisturizing
        • Not Greasy

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I use this cleanser occasionally and I do like it. It can leave my skin feeling a little dry sometimes, but it does a great job of cleaning off a dull face of makeup.

Clean and Scented

from FL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
          • Leaves Clean Feel
          • Moisturizing
          • Smells Great

Cons

• Doesn't Remove Makeup

• Combination Skin

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

The smell was a lemon basil like scent. Clean and pure to the nose. Not over whelming, yet relaxing. As it dries my nose itched a little. This caused an annoyance but over all tolerable. After drying my face looked smooth and noticeably cleaner.

Always have this on hand

from Berlin CT

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
          • Gentle
          • Improves Skin Texture
          • Leaves Clean Feel
          • Moisturizing
          • Not Greasy
          • Smells Great

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

Absolutely love this product it melts away makeup

The best facial cleanser I have ever used

from Chicago, IL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
            • Gentle
            • Helps reduce appearance of redness
            • Improves Skin Texture
            • Leaves Clean Feel
            • Moisturizing

• Acne-Prone Skin
              • Combination Skin
              • Dry Skin
              • Oily Skin

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

As someone who has struggled with problem skin her whole life, using this cleanser has been a gift from heaven! I have acne scars, the occasional breakout, semi-oily skin and redness. This cleanser is so gentle on my skin, helps sooth any irritation, prevents breakouts and, dare I say, best of all, removes all of your make up in one quick wash!

The only product I will use to clean my face!

from St. Cloud, MN

Pros

• Balances Skin
              • Gentle
              • Leaves Clean Feel
              • Not Greasy

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I have been using Philosophy Purity made simple to clean my face for over five years. It cleans off all my makeup without drying my skin. It is also great for removing eye makeup. It never stings my eyes. I would not be without this product.

One of the Best Cleansers Around

from wrightstown

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

This is one of the best cleansers I have ever bought. I bought it from a national shopping network and although it was an expensive buy, I thought it may be worth it as the reviews were so good. I am glad that I bought it.It works really well and is very effective at hydrating the skin while it is cleaning your skin .It smells so nice with the wonderful scent that it has. You don't need to use a lot of it so the bottle lasts a fair amount of time. The entire Philosophy line works well. It works on all types of skin, dry, oily and sensitive skin. It is gentle and does not irritate your skin. I really love this product and would recommend it to all. It is more expensive but it is worth it. It also seems to clear up breakouts. I love Philosophy Purity Made Simple and it works just like its name, pure and simple. If you are looking for a really nice cleanser than this is the one you should try.

Love this product!!

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I absolutely love this product! A friend of mine had it and let me use it to try it out and I fell in love with it. I have been using it for about four years now. It is so creamy and smooth and feels so great on your skin. It is a little pricey for the bottle, but I think it is worth it. I typically use it in the morning, to wash my face when I shower. The smell is light and beautiful. It just feels so pure and leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and soft after using it. I love that I can also use it with my Mia facial cleanser. I just pour a small amount on the brush head and turn it on. They have travel size bottles in this product as well if you want to try a small amount first, before buying the big bottle, or if you travel often, you can have the travel size bottle with you (and I just refill from my larger bottle when I am low). I would highly recommend this product to anyone that wants a great facial cleanser.

Very effective, and makes my skin feel very clean, soft and smooth after using it.

Ease of Application
                Very easy to use. You just use a small amount of it.

It has a very light scent, which is beautiful.