Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Cleansers for Normal Skin
Philosophy
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Pros

• Balances skin (3)
  • Gentle (3)
  • Leaves clean feel (3)
  • Not greasy (3)

• All skin types (3)
    • Ease of Application:

Sometimes simple is best. Purity Made Simple keeps my face pure.

***Quick View:*** A superior cleanser with no frills that works wonders.

***About Philosophy Purity Made Simple***

This cleanser is perhaps the simplest...Read complete review

***Quick View:*** A superior cleanser with no frills that works wonders.

***About Philosophy Purity Made Simple***

This cleanser is perhaps the simplest cleanser I have used. It is eggnog color and pearly. You squeeze a small out and rub it on your wet face. It doesn’t bubble or lather. It smells slightly odd because there are no added fragrances in it. It rinses off fast and clean and leaves skin hydrated. But does it REALLY cleanse? I tried it with a full face of makeup. I used **Purity** as directed (even on my eye makeup) and then I pulled out my toner and a cotton ball and wiped my face with it. The results were there the cotton ball was still white when I was done. That impressed me. I also used **Purity** on a bare face and, again, I got no residual grease or dirt left behind. This cleanser is simple, so simple, but so effective. I have dry skin and always feel stripped and dry after a good facial cleansing. **Purity **doesn't do that. It cleans my face but doesn't strip the oils from it. For me, this is the perfect cleanser.

***My Viewpoint***

This is step one in my overall skin care regiment. I use **Purity** every night and many mornings. I have started using another Philosophy face cleanser that exfoliates as well but I still prefer **Purity** to any other cleanser of any brand. It is simple but it really cleans my face without stripping it. ***5 stars.***

No lather

I know a lot of people love Philosophy Purity made simple. I am not one of them unfortunately this cleaner does not work well with my skin. I broke out in little white bumps, developed dry patches, my face was irritated and turned very red while using it the redness lasted for several hours. I does remove all of my makeup very easily but it does not foam up at all. I like cleansers that foam up and really make my face clean. Purity made simple has a slimy texture that rinses off okay but I just do not feel like my skin is clean after I use it. I do not think that this product is made for sensitive skin, I find it very irritating it also has a lot of irritating ingredients in it. I am surprised that they say this is for all skin types. Like many other philosophy products this also has that awful medicinal smell. I have also tried the newer foaming purity face cleanser and I had the same problems with that one. I am not a fan.

Always have this on hand

from Berlin CT

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

• Daily Use
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

Absolutely love this product it melts away makeup

The best facial cleanser I have ever used

from Chicago, IL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
    • Gentle
    • Helps reduce appearance of redness
    • Improves Skin Texture
    • Leaves Clean Feel
    • Moisturizing

• Acne-Prone Skin
      • Combination Skin
      • Daily Use
      • Dry Skin
      • Oily Skin
      • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

As someone who has struggled with problem skin her whole life, using this cleanser has been a gift from heaven! I have acne scars, the occasional breakout, semi-oily skin and redness. This cleanser is so gentle on my skin, helps sooth any irritation, prevents breakouts and, dare I say, best of all, removes all of your make up in one quick wash!

The only product I will use to clean my face!

from St. Cloud, MN

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Gentle
      • Leaves Clean Feel
      • Not Greasy

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I have been using Philosophy Purity made simple to clean my face for over five years. It cleans off all my makeup without drying my skin. It is also great for removing eye makeup. It never stings my eyes. I would not be without this product.

One of the Best Cleansers Around

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

This is one of the best cleansers I have ever bought. I bought it from a national shopping network and although it was an expensive buy, I thought it may be worth it as the reviews were so good. I am glad that I bought it.It works really well and is very effective at hydrating the skin while it is cleaning your skin .It smells so nice with the wonderful scent that it has. You don't need to use a lot of it so the bottle lasts a fair amount of time. The entire Philosophy line works well. It works on all types of skin, dry, oily and sensitive skin. It is gentle and does not irritate your skin. I really love this product and would recommend it to all. It is more expensive but it is worth it. It also seems to clear up breakouts. I love Philosophy Purity Made Simple and it works just like its name, pure and simple. If you are looking for a really nice cleanser than this is the one you should try.

Love this product!!

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I absolutely love this product! A friend of mine had it and let me use it to try it out and I fell in love with it. I have been using it for about four years now. It is so creamy and smooth and feels so great on your skin. It is a little pricey for the bottle, but I think it is worth it. I typically use it in the morning, to wash my face when I shower. The smell is light and beautiful. It just feels so pure and leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and soft after using it. I love that I can also use it with my Mia facial cleanser. I just pour a small amount on the brush head and turn it on. They have travel size bottles in this product as well if you want to try a small amount first, before buying the big bottle, or if you travel often, you can have the travel size bottle with you (and I just refill from my larger bottle when I am low). I would highly recommend this product to anyone that wants a great facial cleanser.

Very effective, and makes my skin feel very clean, soft and smooth after using it.

Ease of Application
        Very easy to use. You just use a small amount of it.

It has a very light scent, which is beautiful.

No complaints - Basic Cleanser

from Brewster, NY

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

Purity Cleanser is a step above basic cleansers. Effective dirt and make up remover. I buy it when on sale,as I think the regular price is a bit high. It is not my favorite but as I said it is effective. Purity can be used on all skin types which is a definite plus; might be a little strong very very dry skin. I leave it out for guests often and can share with my whole family. No strong perfume, scent is not flowery so men do not mind it, but it is not scent-free. I like a foamy cleanser which this is not. But if you do not care about suds, then you will likely enjoy this cleanser more than me! It says you do not need toner after, but I usually use it. Philosophy is a little pricier than I think it should be and I am not so sure about the all in one description but for some people it is probably just what they want. I do buy the travel size most often as it is perfect for airline travel and times I do not want to carry extra different products. Good quality Philosophy products are good quality and feel good so I think this is worth a try for some one searching for a new cleanser..

• Ease of Application:

A great cleanser that really works

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

First of all I absolutely adore the brand Philosophy. I know when I buy one of their products it will be great and brand reputation is so important to me. I really love using Philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts from harsh chemichals. When I used this particular facial cleanser it left my face soft, smooth, and breakout free. I am just so impressed with the quality of this product. I also felt that this cleanser smelled so wonderful. I really loved that it lasted a long time as well. I would highly reccomend this particular facial cleanser.

This particular product was extremely effective.

Ease of Application
        This facial cleanser is very easy to apply. I like to squirt mine onto a wet washcloth and get it a bit sudsy before I apply it to my face for optimal results.

The scent is the very best part. I dont typically wear scented things so it was great to give this a try.

One Step

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser is a simple to use, all inclusive facial cleanser. I am able to use this as a cleanser, toner and make up remover all at once, saving myself time at night when I am too tired for a 3 step beauty routine. Philosophy Purity Made Simple is fragrance free, which I appreciate as it is gentler on my skin. I can use this to remove mascara, even while wearing contact lenses without any irritation or burning around the eye area. After using my face feels hydrated, the skin not tight or dry, my skin tone is even, not blotchy red, which is common for me after using other products. I can use this as a morning face wash and go out into public as is, no make up needed to balance out my face. My only set back is I must order online as I do not have a retailer nearby. The price is a little higher than a "big box" cleanser, but the results are worth the price.

• Ease of Application:

My ultimate favorite product!

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I wish I could give this product a higher rating than 10 because it is THAT good!

I use this cleanser for just about everything. I use it to take off my make-up (which it does beautifully), to clean my make-up brushes, and to wash my beauty sponge ball (which I apply my foundation with.

The thing I love most about this product is how it's so gentle on my and my sister's skin. I have normal skin but she is a bit more on the oily side and we both swear by this product.

It takes off all our make-up, you can see all the foundation come off as you are washing off your face - incredible.

I also recently started using this to clean my make-up brushes. I usually clean my brushes every other day with a daily brush cleanser but every 2-3 weeks I like to do a deep cleanse and I use Purity for that. I wet the brush, put a small dab on the brush and rub it in. It's a great feeling seeing all the color drain out, knowing that you are helping to keep your face clean and gorgeous.

• Ease of Application:

Great night time cleanser!

Comments about Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser:

I have been using this cleanser every night for years! I wear a full face of makeup at least 5 days a week, and the Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser removes all of it at the end of each night. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this product has never irritated my skin, burned my eyes, or made me break out. Which is rare for me to find in a face cleanser. I also find this cleanser to be very moisturizing. After I'm done washing my face, it feels smooth and moisturized. This product lathers up very nicely, which helps me use less product. The only downside to the Philosophy Purity Cleanser is that it is fairly expensive for a face cleanser, but for the quality, I definitely think it is worth it. So, if you are looking for an everyday cleanser that is gentle and removes makeup, I would definitely recommend the Philosophy Purity Cleanser!

This product has a very pleasant scent. It is nothing too strong, which I like!