Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Cleansers for Normal Skin
Cetaphil
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

Pros

• Leaves clean feel (5)
  • Gentle (4)
  • Moisturizing (4)
  • Not greasy (4)
  • Balances skin (3)

• Oily skin (4)
  • Acne-prone skin (3)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: A gentle but thorough face wash

Many of you here know that I'm a "soaper".  That is I enjoy and prefer to make and use homemade and natural conditioning soaps.  No question about it there's nothing that feels so good as a rich natural soap when you're in the shower or bath.

So imagine my surprise when after picking up and trying my daughter's **Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser** I found it to be a very mild yet thorough cleanser.  In fact, during the day it's perfect for use here in the sun-drenched climes of South Florida.

**Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser**

**Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser** is a product of **Galderma Laboratories** and made in Canada.  It is most often is found in a 16 oz. pump bottle.

Although Cetaphil is a combination of various artificial as well as natural detergents it is extremely gentle on your skin.  The inclusion of Castor Oil as one of its ingredients is impressive as it is a superb conditioner/moisterizer.

I generally use it during the day after I've been exposed to a good deal of sun.  After wetting my face, a couple of squirts in my palm is all I need.  Massaging it onto my face for 30 - 60 seconds, it rinses off and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed.  It does seem to have a somewhat odd, almost slimy texture to it and it is a low foaming formulation.  It doesn't produce much in the way of suds since it contains no sudsing agents.  But it does get your skin clean without irritating it.

**My Viewpoint**

I've been using Cetaphil for a few months now.  After getting used to its consistency I find that it is my preferred mid-day facial wash

Rudi.

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser was not for me

I bought Galderma Cetaphil Daily Cleanser because there was a good special going on.  I was excited about it thinking that it was for the Galderma Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser which I have used twice a day for almost twenty years.  I was extremely surprised to find it to be a much different, much harsher product than I was used to.  Having the Cetaphil name, I mistakinly thought that it would be gentle and I went to use it to remove my eye makeup.  Huge mistake.  That stuff burns like the dickens if it gets in your eyes.  I also found it to be far too drying to use twice a day even though I have fairly oily and acne prone skin.  I seriously contemplated throwing it out, but I'm too cheap for that so I've made do.  Upsides of Galderma Cetaphil Daily Cleanser are the convenient and easy to use pump which measures out the perfect amount of cleanser per pump and the fresh scent.  This stuff may be just fine for some people, but I won't be buying it again.

dermatologist recommended

from nh

Pros

• acne treatment
  • Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing

• Daily Use
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

i really like this brand but also the cleanser lasts forever so worth the cost. was the only cleanser that didnt break out my skin like other brands

Decent

from California

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Leaves Clean Feel

Cons

• Dries Out Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

This product drys my skin out very much but removes dirt and oil perfectly!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Works amazing

from Muskegon mi

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
    • Improves Skin Texture
    • Leaves Clean Feel
    • Moisturizing
    • Not Greasy

• All Skin Types
      • Combination Skin
      • Daily Use
      • Dry Skin
      • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

It helps control your acne and oily skin. If you consistently use this your skin will improve and you will notice a difference.

Great for all

from texas

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Gentle
      • Leaves Clean Feel
      • Moisturizing
      • Not Greasy

• All Skin Types

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

This stuff is Great for all skin types. My family has dry itchy skin and we use this for all of our needs. The fragrance free is what I like the most. It cleanses well without over drying or leaving the skin feeling worse than before.

Facial Cleanser

from Chicago

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
        • Gentle
        • Improves Skin Texture
        • Leaves Clean Feel
        • Moisturizing
        • Not Greasy
        • Smells Great

• Combination Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I first came upon Cetaphil because my 4 year old suffers from eczema so his pediatrician recommended the moisturizing lotion. When i started seeing a difference in his skin after a week of using i really believed in the brand. I have a combination of dry to oily skin so i tried many face washes and i disliked the dry feeling i ended up with after every use. On the other hand Cetaphil cleanser didn't do that. It cleaned my face leaving it feeling refreshed with no stripping of my skin. Another thing I loved about this cleanser is that i didn't have to use my make up remover before using to remove my water proof mascara. The make up comes right of with it leaving you with a moisturized clean feeling. I honestly recommend this product. It won't disappoint you.

A Gem At The Drugstore

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

It was actually my eye doctor who recommended that I start washing my eyelashes with Cetaphil because my eyes were severely inflamed (prescription eye drops were also necessary). I am familiar with Cetaphil because one of my daughters uses it at the recommendation of her dermatologist. Snob that I am, I prefer pricier items from department stores, upscale beauty stores, etc. But if the Cetaphil is in your hands and you are going to wash your eyelashes with it, you might as well wash your entire face with it. If it is gentle enough for the area so close to my eyes, it must be gentle on the face. And it is. It creates a nice lather and has such a nice clean scent that you almost want to be up in the morning. I need only a little to get my face clean. It is not drying which surprised me as we are going into colder weather and my preferred brands are leaving me a little dry. My skin feels soft and I have not experienced any break outs or adverse reactions. This is a simple product that delivers a good clean.

• Ease of Application:

A gentle face cleanser, good for everyday use on sensitive skin

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I have used Cetaphil face cleanser for several years (I tend to alternate between Cetaphil and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash). It is definitely gentle enough for regular use on sensitive skin - I am able to use it twice per day without drying or peeling. The texture, however, is a little off-putting (I find it to be a little thin and slimy) and is not my favorite. I am also not a fan of the scent of Cetaphil products - any of them. I feel like the scent tends to hang around and I find it to be relatively unpleasant. I do not want to be able to smell a facial cleanser after I have rinsed my face and unfortunately with this cleanser I can and do notice it for up to an hour after I use it. However, it is gentle and effective at keeping my skin clean and does an excellent job with make up removal at the end of the day. For these reasons I will continue to use it and just deal with the scent, even if it is less than ideal.

Awesome for my skin!

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

When I was having horrible acne problems in high school, I tried everything under the sun (except Acutane). This was one of of the products that helped get my acne under control, and helped with my dry flakey skin. Sometimes the products I used would dry my skin out way to much in an attempt to get rid of my acne. Then I did not know what to be more self conscious of, the acne or the scaly itchy patches of dry skin that my acne products were causing. My mom got me this product to try out as a recommendation from my dermatologist and I must say, it worked well. It cleansed my skin from makeup and debris very well, but was still moisturizing to my skin. The fragrance to the Cetaphil cleanser is very slight, and not medicine like at all (I really hate using products that smell that way) I still occasionally use this cleanser, just not as often because I now have switched over to the Acne Free Products. I started using Pro Active and since the cost for Pro Active was so high, I eventually switched over to Acne Free and just haven't switched from then on. But occasionally if my skin is getting really dry (more in the winters) I will switch up my cleanser to the Cetaphil Facial Cleanser.

Swear by this cleanser!

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been using it for over 10 years and I will use nothing else. It's gentle enough to use both in the morning and evening without feeling like it will dry out my skin. But it still feels powerful enough to leave behind no residue or make-up. I hardly get zits (knock-on-wood) and I attribute that to always taking my make-up off at night and washing my face 2x daily with this cleanser. The pump is easy to use but it does make getting the last bit out difficult so it feels like I waste some of the product at the end or I make a mess attempting to get it out by removing the pump.

Ease of Application
          Pump is easy to use.

no scent at all

Non Drying face cleanser

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

You can use this daily without drying out your face. It smells good and it is not abrasive on the skin.

Ease of Application
          I use this in the shower. You don't have to wait, just apply and rinse off.

I don't like the scent (or lack thereof). I would prefer something like lemon or orange. Something that is soothing instead of a non-smell.