Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

Pros

Cons

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: A gentle but thorough face wash

Many of you here know that I'm a "soaper".  That is I enjoy and prefer to make and use homemade and natural conditioning soaps.  No question about it there's nothing that feels so good as a rich natural soap when you're in the shower or bath.

So imagine my surprise when after picking up and trying my daughter's **Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser** I found it to be a very mild yet thorough cleanser.  In fact, during the day it's perfect for use here in the sun-drenched climes of South Florida.

**Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser**

**Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser** is a product of **Galderma Laboratories** and made in Canada.  It is most often is found in a 16 oz. pump bottle.

Although Cetaphil is a combination of various artificial as well as natural detergents it is extremely gentle on your skin.  The inclusion of Castor Oil as one of its ingredients is impressive as it is a superb conditioner/moisterizer.

I generally use it during the day after I've been exposed to a good deal of sun.  After wetting my face, a couple of squirts in my palm is all I need.  Massaging it onto my face for 30 - 60 seconds, it rinses off and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed.  It does seem to have a somewhat odd, almost slimy texture to it and it is a low foaming formulation.  It doesn't produce much in the way of suds since it contains no sudsing agents.  But it does get your skin clean without irritating it.

**My Viewpoint**

I've been using Cetaphil for a few months now.  After getting used to its consistency I find that it is my preferred mid-day facial wash

Rudi.

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser was not for me

I bought Galderma Cetaphil Daily Cleanser because there was a good special going on.  I was excited about it thinking that it was for the Galderma Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser which I have used twice a day for almost twenty years.  I was extremely surprised to find it to be a much different, much harsher product than I was used to.  Having the Cetaphil name, I mistakinly thought that it would be gentle and I went to use it to remove my eye makeup.  Huge mistake.  That stuff burns like the dickens if it gets in your eyes.  I also found it to be far too drying to use twice a day even though I have fairly oily and acne prone skin.  I seriously contemplated throwing it out, but I'm too cheap for that so I've made do.  Upsides of Galderma Cetaphil Daily Cleanser are the convenient and easy to use pump which measures out the perfect amount of cleanser per pump and the fresh scent.  This stuff may be just fine for some people, but I won't be buying it again.

A Gem At The Drugstore

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

It was actually my eye doctor who recommended that I start washing my eyelashes with Cetaphil because my eyes were severely inflamed (prescription eye drops were also necessary). I am familiar with Cetaphil because one of my daughters uses it at the recommendation of her dermatologist. Snob that I am, I prefer pricier items from department stores, upscale beauty stores, etc. But if the Cetaphil is in your hands and you are going to wash your eyelashes with it, you might as well wash your entire face with it. If it is gentle enough for the area so close to my eyes, it must be gentle on the face. And it is. It creates a nice lather and has such a nice clean scent that you almost want to be up in the morning. I need only a little to get my face clean. It is not drying which surprised me as we are going into colder weather and my preferred brands are leaving me a little dry. My skin feels soft and I have not experienced any break outs or adverse reactions. This is a simple product that delivers a good clean.

• Ease of Application:

A gentle face cleanser, good for everyday use on sensitive skin

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I have used Cetaphil face cleanser for several years (I tend to alternate between Cetaphil and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash). It is definitely gentle enough for regular use on sensitive skin - I am able to use it twice per day without drying or peeling. The texture, however, is a little off-putting (I find it to be a little thin and slimy) and is not my favorite. I am also not a fan of the scent of Cetaphil products - any of them. I feel like the scent tends to hang around and I find it to be relatively unpleasant. I do not want to be able to smell a facial cleanser after I have rinsed my face and unfortunately with this cleanser I can and do notice it for up to an hour after I use it. However, it is gentle and effective at keeping my skin clean and does an excellent job with make up removal at the end of the day. For these reasons I will continue to use it and just deal with the scent, even if it is less than ideal.

Awesome for my skin!

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

When I was having horrible acne problems in high school, I tried everything under the sun (except Acutane). This was one of of the products that helped get my acne under control, and helped with my dry flakey skin. Sometimes the products I used would dry my skin out way to much in an attempt to get rid of my acne. Then I did not know what to be more self conscious of, the acne or the scaly itchy patches of dry skin that my acne products were causing. My mom got me this product to try out as a recommendation from my dermatologist and I must say, it worked well. It cleansed my skin from makeup and debris very well, but was still moisturizing to my skin. The fragrance to the Cetaphil cleanser is very slight, and not medicine like at all (I really hate using products that smell that way) I still occasionally use this cleanser, just not as often because I now have switched over to the Acne Free Products. I started using Pro Active and since the cost for Pro Active was so high, I eventually switched over to Acne Free and just haven't switched from then on. But occasionally if my skin is getting really dry (more in the winters) I will switch up my cleanser to the Cetaphil Facial Cleanser.

Swear by this cleanser!

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been using it for over 10 years and I will use nothing else. It's gentle enough to use both in the morning and evening without feeling like it will dry out my skin. But it still feels powerful enough to leave behind no residue or make-up. I hardly get zits (knock-on-wood) and I attribute that to always taking my make-up off at night and washing my face 2x daily with this cleanser. The pump is easy to use but it does make getting the last bit out difficult so it feels like I waste some of the product at the end or I make a mess attempting to get it out by removing the pump.

Pump is easy to use.

no scent at all

Non Drying face cleanser

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

You can use this daily without drying out your face. It smells good and it is not abrasive on the skin.

Ease of Application
I use this in the shower. You don't have to wait, just apply and rinse off.

I don't like the scent (or lack thereof). I would prefer something like lemon or orange. Something that is soothing instead of a non-smell.

• Ease of Application:

i"ve been using this for over 20 years.

from West Bloomfield, MI

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

This cleanser is great and I have been using it for years. The generic versions are good too and so much cheaper. I never tried the gentle version. My skin is very sensitive and I am allergic to most soaps and this is what I use. My dermatologist recommends this for my skin. Ask your dermatologist for samples. They are very handy for traveling. Especially with liquid ounce restrictions.

Clean and removes makeup.

Ease of Application
Not sudsy and quite liquidy, but easy. If you are used to suds and bubbles this is a change. When a generic does not have a pump apllicator, I switch out the top. I usually use my hand and occasionally a washcloth. ask your dermatologist for samples for traveling. especially with airline ounces restrictions.

Barely. The way I like it and need it. I am allergic to many soaps. I have to use this as a body bar or dove sensitive (generics too) or I get a major allergic rash!

• Ease of Application:

Wonderful product especially for oily/combo skin.

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I am currently using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser twice a day. I wake up and wash my face with this and then before bed I wash with this again before I put on my night-time products. I have to say that I am very impressed with this. I was recommended it and I generally go for high end products so this was a little out of my comfort zone but I am so glad that I bought it. I have combination skin and my oiliness is a problem with breaking my skin out. This product pulls the oil out without drying my skin out. If I wear makeup that day I still use a gentle makeup remover and then this cleanser after simply because I want to make sure that I have gotten all of my makeup off. I am sure that it would be fine just to use this alone but I will not take any chances. There is no scent to this product and it is overall very gentle. I am sensitive to certain soaps and products but this goes on and comes off easily and does not make my skin or around my eyes red at all with irritation. The price of this product is also wonderful. It is definitely a very budget friendly product. I would recommend at least trying it if you are looking for a cleanser.

Perfect 10/10 on effectiveness.

Very easy to use.

No scent overall, making it a wonderful product if you have gentle skin!

• Ease of Application:

I use this product daily

from Hiram, GA

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

This is my favorite face wash. Unlike the gentle skin cleanser, this one is specifically for faces. It is perfect for my sensitive skin. It cleans without drying, and it helps my skin stay looking it's best! I would select this cleanser over any other one, even the higher end cleansers I have sampled.

Oh So Gentle Facial Cleanser

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

This is the best facial cleanser I have ever used for my atopic skin. I have atopic dermatitis. I constantly have eczema and dry skin to deal with. I can use this Cetaphil cleanser several times during the day if needed (after gardening, walking, cooking, etc.) with no flaking or dryness and positively no itching after washing!

This product cleans very well and my skin is not dried out at all by using it. I think it helps keep my eczema at bay. I use it on my face and neck. Sometimes I use it with my little Olay spin brush for a better cleaning.

Ease of Application
It has the consistency of a nice smooth lotion. It feels good going on and rinses off easily. I never have a greasy feeling or a drying feeling after using it. It can also be used without water: just spread onto your skin and wipe off gently with a soft cloth or tissue.

This product has absolutely NO scent! I love this since various scents can be harmful and drying to atopic skin.

• Ease of Application:

Provides a gentle but effective clean

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser:

I was surprised when I went to a dermatologist for acne issues (totally unexpected since I never had issues until I turned 30) and he recommended Cetaphil, an inexpensive cleaners you can get at any drug store. I learned that with a lot of other cleansers, I was stripping oils and things necessary to make my skin balanced. I was a tad skeptical but was glad I listened to him. After using this cleanser for about two weeks my skin seemd to be back to its old self and now my break outs were only related to once a month hormonal issues.

I had tried a ton of other cleansers with a lot of claims. This one does't make any claims and yet I found it to be one of the most effective. Within a week of using it, I found my acne was clearing up. My skin was also softer and had a smooth silky feel to it. I also felt very hydrated. A very effective product for leaving you with clean and well nourished skin!

Ease of Application
It is extremely easy to use and apply. The only time it is difficult is when the bottle of cleanser is lower to the bottom. There is still cleanser left and it can be hard to get it out without unscrewing the pump part.

There is no scent to this cleanser, per se. It just has a mild "clean" sort of scent that you stop smelling seconds after you use it.