Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash

Pros

Cons

Gotta try this!

In my quest to switch to Cruelty Free products, I walked into an Origins store, uneducated and totally oblivious to what they had to offer.  The sales rep wasn't trying to "sell" me, she was trying to figure out what exactly my concerns were and what I was trying to achieve with my skincare routine.  She recommended Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash since my face tends to be extremely dry in the winter time and oily in the summer.  I was assured that this cleanser would work year round for me.  I was a little hesitant, considering the price, but I thought "Why now, I can always return it if I don't like it".  That was almost 4 months ago and I'm seriously hooked!  My husband who used bar soap on his face, is now hooked and I had to buy him his own so he'd stop using all of mine!  This product does exactly what it says - cleans and doesn't dry out your skin!

Straight from the Origins website..

*Find your balance.Checks and BalancesTM Frothy face washWhen it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without canceling each other out. Broad Leaf Kelp Extract discourages excess oil production, while Wheat Protein balances and protects dry prone zones. And Tourmaline actually makes water wetter to more easily disperse dirt and sebum down the drain. There's also aromatic Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender to add pleasure to the process. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched.**HOW TO USE:** Squeeze small amount into palm, add tepid water to lather. Swirl over skin, steering clear of eyes. Rinse thoroughly. Great for A.M. and P.M. cleansing.Checks & BalancesTM is best for combination skin.*

If you have sensitive skin, Checks and Balances might be for you

I have been a long time supporter of Origins products for over 10 years now and I have tried most of their products available today.  We all know by now that our skin changes over time and we have to consider how our skin is behaving at that time.  I have used Checks and Balances in the past and it worked great for me before that time.  I went and purchased this product again hoping that I could revisit the good times and hoped it could help my combination/slightly sensitive skin.  Being "sulfate free" (catch-word), I had no hesitations using it as soon as I could.  I now found that it makes my skin somewhat itchy and irritated.  I thought it was a fluke and waited about a month before I used it again, same result.  The only thing I could link of is the tourmaline that gives it that foamy, frothy quality that is the positive of the product.  I'm always wonder how skin care companies think of putting certain ingredients into products.  For example, There is no published research showing tourmaline has any proven effect on skin whatsoever.  It is only known the complex mineral's properties...but not specifically in skin care.   I do feel like this face wash is a good cleanser, but I feel that everyone's skin varies person to person and different things work for different people.  If you are willing to spend the money for the cleanser and try it out, no harm no foul, because Origins is good about letting your return the product for money back (with receipt and as long as more than half is not used) or exchanging for something different.

So Fresh and So Clean Clean!

from Centralia, IL

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

• Dry Skin
    • Oily Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

This isn't easily the best facial cleanser that I have ever used! I have combination skin and it amazes me that Checks and Balances seems to work for both my dry and oily areas! Most cleansers that I've used just dry out my skin But this one has actually improved all areas of my face! I bought the full sized bottle but I could have easily bought the trial size and had it last forever! I use about a dime size amount and it covers my entire face and neck. It has a shaving cream like texture and a slight cool, clean scent that reminds me of eucalyptus or maybe slightly minty (in a good way!). Lathers and rinses easily and leaves my skin feeling soothed, fresh, and the cleanest it has ever felt! I've only been using this for a few weeks now but I haven't had any breakouts whatsoever! This is my forever cleanser; if you're thinking about trying it DO IT! I love the origins brand for its natural ingredients and awesome products and this is no exception. It may cost a little more than drug store brands but it is definitely worth it and probably costs the same in the end because you don't have to use hardly any of it to get the job done. Love love love this product!!

I love this face wash so much!

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

This stuff is so amazing for oily and dry skin. It soaks up all the oil in one place while delivering moisture and removing flaking dry skin in another place. It works so well and you can definitely feel the difference after using it. It does make your skin feel tight because it really cleans and tightens the pores (which is good if you want to shrink them) so if you don't like that I wouldn't get this. It gets so foamy and thick when you put it on and I love that! It's so fun to put on because it's just so sudsy! It does hurt so bad though if you get it I'm your eyes so you have to be really careful. One thing that I do not love about this face wash is its smell. When I first used it I thought I got toothpaste on it by accident but I realized that the face wash had a minty smell that smelled like toothpaste. It's definitely not the most pleasant scent for a face wash but after the initial use you get over it because it is pretty subtle. Other than that it's a great product and I use everyday twice a day!

Creamy Wash

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

I like Origins Checks and Balances for the most part. I alternate between this cleanser and another one, but its pretty good.

My face feels clean after using, however, it does not do a good job at all removing eye make-up, so I try to use this one first thing in the morning (before putting make-up on). Also, during the winter, when my face is more dry, this face wash tends to be more drying and I get that "tight" feeling on my skin after use. If your skin is "drier" I would be careful when using this face wash. I like it for the "natural" ingredients and the lack of parabans in the product, and it does a decent enough job cleaning my face. I have never broken out while using this product, but I just don't use it daily, I alternate with another one to prevent dryness.

Ease of Application
    This squeezes out of the tube like a smooth, creamy toothpaste-almost. You only need about a pea-sized amount on your hand, and then you can froth that up to use for your entire face. It does seem pricey for one container, but my container seems to last for months at a time.

It has a very nice fresh, almost minty smell. It is almost awakening when you use it in the shower. The smell is very refreshing, but its hard to explain.

Nice everyday use cleanser

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

I love the natural ingredients, the lack of chemicals and dyes, the way my face feels after applying this and the light scent.

This product makes my face feel super clean. It's gentle enough to use every single day. It does like your skin feeling a little "tight" but I happen to like that feeling it makes my skin feel youthful and taut. The only thing that would make me say it isn't effective is that it does nothing for acne... but it doesn't claim to. I wouldn't recommend this for someone who needs acne control, it's just a good solid cleaner.

Ease of Application
    I keep my bottle in the shower. I let my face get wet while i do my shampoo and put in conditioner. It is so easy to apply that it gives me the perfect amount of time to let my conditioner soak into my hair while I wash my face. You only need a little amount to clean your entire face and it goes on super frothy and silky.

I love the slightly minty almost barely there natural scent. I love the way it smells when you put it on and it doesn't compete with my perfume later in the day.

• Ease of Application:

Amazing! Makes my skin so clear and soft to the touch.

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

Use this everyday. Works amazing, makes skin clear after the first use. I would recommend this to anyone. All skin types. Def a Miracle worker. It smells so fresh and makes your skin feel like it just left the spa. I love this and will continue to use this everyday. Origins line is amazing. You won't regret using this. The ingredients are not harsh nor do they test on animals. Which is a big plus. It keeps pores perfect and makes my skin even. I love love love this product and think everyone should test it out. I've had problems with dry skin and I never have felt my skin feel more refreshed or hydrated. Even in the driest coldest of winters this always comes through. My skin is so sensitive and breaks out with any other face wash. But not this one. I swear by this and can't stress it enough all the benefits using this product has given me. Not bad price wise compared to other junk I've used w the same price range.

Love the Origine Line of Prodcts

from wrightstown

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

I really like all the Origins face products and this face wash leaves my face feeling soft , clean and healthy. It has a very nice fresh smell and really cleans your face without leaving it dry or flaky or greasy or oily. It is a bit pricey and more expensive than the face washes you get in your local drug store and the only place I can find it is online which is okay because it is easy to order and you get samples of their other products when your order from them. It does last a while as you only need a little bit to make a nice lather and it rinses clean. I think it works just as well on dry skin as oily because several people in my house use it and we all have different skin types. I wish that I could find this on sale but it rarely is so it does cost more but it does work quite well and I like it a lot. I recommend it for all skin types whether you have dry, oily or combination skin.

I love it!!

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

As a girl with sensitive skin, I'm all about natural products. And the better they smell, the more I like them. You only have to use a teeny tiny bit, so one tube lasts forever! I have combination skin, so I do have to be sure to moisturize after using this, but I have been using this for a good 5 years, and I haven't had a single full-on pimple while using this, ever (not even on my period!!). So, clean skin, zero pimples, surprisingly good value, and awesome scent. I don't think you can get much better than this.

I've been using this for 5 years, and I haven't had one single pimple. It's awesome. It also cleans up all the gunk and makeup I smear on my face for a night out like it ain't no thang. Powerful, yet gentle. I like.

Ease of Application
    You seriously only need about a pea-sized amount to clean up your whole face. You mix it with a little water, get it all frothy between your hands, give yourself a little mini face massage, rinse it off, and voila! Perfect skin!

Can they make this a perfume? Please? I absolutely love how this stuff smells.

Guys can use it!

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

I am a guy and I know that Origins is a brand that caters to women. Hence, this is a product for girls. But when Origins decided to cater to the metrosexual men, this fantastic face cleaner was made available to them. I like to try different products from different brands, not because I like my complexion to look radiant, but I have oily and dry skin. Some products leave my skin dry, some leave it super dry. Not this frothy cleaner though. It is the perfect cleaner for combination skin, which I think, is what guys have.

Very good face cleaner. Will leave your face clean, and your skin feeling firm. No greasy spots or dry spots left behind.

Ease of Application
    This cleaner comes in a tube. Pop the top, squeeze out a dime size amount of cleaner and that's all you need. Close it and put it down, repeat often.

It has a somewhat lavender smell, but it goes away quickly after drying. It is not a girl or boy scent, it is very neutral. Not strong or offensive either.

• Ease of Application:

The BEST cleanser I've ever had & good for my skin - woo hoo!!

from Midlothian, VA

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this stuff feels! It goes on smootly and lathers up great and cleans wonderfully! Doesn't take much to get great lather & works very well... should last a long time! Probably the best cleanser I've ever used & it's so nice to know that it's natural & organic.... I love treating my skin with this cleanser!

cleans very well, doesn't dry face out...

Ease of Application
    goes on smoothly, lots of lather!

Smells great! Very fresh & clean!

Origins Checks and Balances Face Wash is delightful

from Parkton, MD

Comments about Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash:

I love washing my face with Origins Natural Resources Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. It's a very gentle cleanser that effectively cleans without drying and doesn't leave your face feeling greasy. It contains natural ingredients including Sea Kelp Extract and Wheat Protein. The best part about this face wash is how delightfully silky smooth it feels when you're washing your face. It is such a soothing feeling, it makes me look forward to washing my face. I like how my face feels clean, not dry and tight but not greasy. It's perfectly balanced. Other moisturizing face washes have left me feeling like I still need to wash my face after I'm done, but not with Origins Natural Resources Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. I would recommend this to people with dry skin or combination skin. I would also recommend following up with Origins toner and Origins A Perfect World facial moisturizer.