Other Dog Foods:
Canned Dog Food
Purina
Purina Beneful Prepared Meals

Purina Beneful Prepared Meals

Pros

• Dog likes it (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (3)

We Love To Enjoy Eating Delicious Foods and So Does Our Dogs!

Purina has put **Beneful Prepared Meals Simmered Chicken Medley** on the market, and it's a very good thing, according to Ms Ruby my maltese, and my extended pack Dalmation and Black Lab. Neither walks away or turns their nose up at this feast when I serve it at meal time.

I am of the mindset that just as we enjoy eating and eating well (though not always healthy), our four-legged friends also enjoy eating and eating well. Just as we don't like boring meals, neither do our four-legged pets.

**Purina's Beneful Prepared Meals Chicken Medley** has green beans, carrots and wild rice. Another **Beneful Prepared Meal** is the **Roasted Turkey Medley **and it has corn, wild rice, peas, and barley. Are you getting the impression that Purina knows we love our pets and want the best-of-the-best for our pets. These meals look and smell edible, and when my girls finish they're licking their chops and looking for more. Here's another, **Savory Rice and Lamb Stew? **Now, I do declare these meals look delicious, and the names alone sound delish! Tonight, my ladies will be dining on the **Roasted Chicken Recipe, **and it has pasta, carrots and spinach in it! Gourmet, I think so?!

I love serving these dishes to my pack because, I love the ingredients, my pack loves the meals, and the amount is most generous with ten ounces per container; also, I love getting several servings from each container. ***Though the recommended feeding guide is as follows: Adult dogs feed one 10 oz container per 10-12 pounds of body weight daily, divided into 2 or more meals. Adjust feeding amount as needed to maintain ideal body condition. When feeding with dry product, one container of this product replaces approximately 3/4 cup dry pet food.***

I only use a teaspoon from a container per each dog and I mix in each separate dish (according to my girls size) one handful of (dry pet food) **Purina Beneful 100% Complete and Balanced Healthy Radiance(For A Shiny Coat & Healthy Skin) **for my Maltese, and three handfuls (each) for my Dalmation and Lab. Twice daily, for three dogs instead of one dog, gives me much mileage from this 10 oz container. Sometimes, I do fill the spoon a little bit more just to be sure each bit of hard, dry pet food is covered with the **Prepared Meals (**they like each morsel dampened**). **

My girls eat well, because, it gives me a thrill to see them eat well, eat healthy and enjoy their meals. Thanks to **Purina Beneful Prepared Meals (in a variety of flavorful medleys) **Purina knows we enjoy eating, and want our pets to enjoy their foods too!

bad food is bad food

Unfortunately this pet food includes some really bad ingredients. Ingredients are listed on the labels in order of what amount there is starting with the greatest amounts first. If I am not mistaken about this food meat by products was right at the beginning of the ingredients list on the label. When I was feeding this to my dogs I did some checking up on what meat by products included. I found that meat by products contain high levels of fat, muscle and wastes from packaging meat for human consumption. Unfortunately there are no standards or quality control on this type of ingredient. I also found that the meat by products could also contain waste from animal shelters(and I use that term loosely) containing, among other things, carcasses of animals that were euthanized, the drug used and sometimes even the collars and tags from the animals which were ground up to be small enough to pass as meat by products. This is not the only pet food company guilty of this practice. Unfortunately there are many that do this. I am sure to purchase only food with natural ingredients for my dogs now. Reading the label is your best defense against feeding your animals bad food such as this. Never purchase any food containg the words meat by products on the label.

Purines Beneful Prepared Meals Offer Variety

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Messy

• Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

I don't usually feed my dog wet food, but my local store had the Beneful Prepared Meals on sale so I decided to buy some to see if my dog would like it as a special treat.

I bought one of the Beef Stews to give it a try. I combined half of one container with his regular food and he really seemed to like it. He weighs 40 pounds and half the container was perfect with his food.

I wouldn't feed these regularly because I don't think they are super good for dogs, but they are a nice change of pace or as a treat.

I also like the fact that they aren't too expensive and they are easy to find at my local store. I also like the fact that they have a variety of different favors to try for my dog.

Love these

from TN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

• Larger Dogs
    • Puppies
    • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

My dogs are the world's worst at standing at your feet and begging for a bite at dinner time. This became a big problem and figured it was time to try and find them a different dog food that satisfied them more. When I first saw these Purina Beneful Prepared Meals I thought I was seeing things. I could not honestly believe that people really bought that sort of thing for their dogs. I ended up buying a few of the different flavors to try out because they really did look way better than the normal dog food my dogs were eating. I have to say I was very pleased with my purchase. My dogs would eat these during dinner time instead of sitting at our feet begging. It was great! The dogs really seemed to enjoy them also. I love that they are healthy and combine great ingredients for our dogs. After I saw how much they loved these meals I started buying the variety pack boxes of them that way they could have more flavors and I could save a little money. My dogs favorite is the beef stew flavored food for sure. I would definitely recommend these dog meals to others because they truly do look and smell better than other dog foods and the dogs will really enjoy them. They may even think they are eating something that should be on your plate!

A Great Occasional Treat For My Canines

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Tons of flavor choices

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

With literally hundreds of dog food choices on the market, finding something that sticks out from the rest can be tough. If you are someone that reads labels then the first three or four things you see are what make up the bulk of what's in the dog food. When I saw the Prepared Meals from Purina I got a couple of the flavors that I knew that my large breed dogs would love. My smallest dog goes through phases where he will eat anything you put in front of him and other times he will give it a sniff and walk away. He got a couple of spoonfuls of this with his dry dog kibble and loved the Roasted Turkey and the Chicken Liver. For the larger dogs I buy the multi packs of them because of the discount and so that I don't have to worry about running out of something special for them. The containers have ten ounces of dog food in them so it is enough to fill up the large breed dogs but if they are only getting a partial serving I can reseal the container so the product stays fresh and my refrigerator doesn't smell like dog food. With a ton of flavors to choose from it's a nice line of prepared food but I am always cautious about the amount of sodium in things like this. As an occasional treat I see nothing wrong with this but the only way that I would ever switch to this series full time is if my veterinarian recommended it.

This makes a great take with you meal for your favorite pooch

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

We take our little Sheltie with us when we travel and taking her food with us was always a challenge. It would end up getting spilled and it wasn't really very convenient to take a large bag with us. I had tried plastic with lids and other containers but had never found something that worked, that is until we tried Purina Beneful Prepared Meals.

Quality of Ingredients
    Purina has been around a long time and has met the test of being a good quality of pet food. Our little girl had a stomach issue so I hesitated to change foods but was so tempted by the individual serving that was perfect for travel that we decided to give it a try. Not only did she like the food but we discovered that she was no longer spitting up. She was more than willing to eat Beneful Prepared Meals and we are more than willing to keep these on hand. It's a win win situation as far as we are concerned. We can buy Beneful in larger bags but we have the benefit of the individuals servings for travel.

Flavor Selection
    I like that these meals include veggies like peas, carrots, rice and barley and for our pet we like to give her rice and lamb as it seems to be easy to digest and it doesn't mess up her tummy. I find that I like to order Beneful Individual servings on line and they are delivered right to the door. I sometimes thing she knows that the order is hers.. She really gets excited when I bring the box in and I am willing to bet she can smell her dog food and she is ready to hit the road.

My dog loves these!

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

I had seen many commercials and coupons going around for this product so I decided to purchase one for my dog, and I am so glad that I did. My dog absolutely loves these. These prepared meals come in many different flavors (I think around 8). My dog's favorites are beef and chicken medley, simmered chicken medley, and savory rice and lamb stew. You can tell there are real ingredients in this product because you can see all the chunks of meat and vegetables, which makes me feel good about feeding it to my dog. They are fairly expensive for the amount you get, but I get them as an occasional treat for my dog. I would highly recommend trying these out because my dog loves them!

Quality of Ingredients
    You can see the chunks of real meat and vegetables in this product so you know its real ingredients. I can feel good about feeding this to my dog.

Flavor Selection
    There are around eight different flavors, which I think is a good selection.

Great

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

My dog surprisingly likes the Purina Beneful Prepared Meals even though she does not like the regular Beneful dry dog food. I think this is attributed to the fact that they have better quality ingredients than the dry food. She always seemed hungry after I fed her that, but with these as long as I give her the same amount that she eats as her normal food she is satisfied all day long. She does not beg for more food or act sick. She also loves every flavor and always wants more! I like the little cups they come in because the dog can eat right out of them or if you want to save half of it for later you can reseal the lid and just stick it in the fridge. Most wet dog foods have a can for the container so you must use the entire thing right away. I also like that they are color coded so you can remember which flavor you are feeding right away without having to read the label every time.

My dog loves this food.

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

I'm giving this a 9 because it's so expensive. I can only afford to buy it when the stores have it on sale and I have a coupon. But, my dog loves this stuff. I've tried all the flavors and she gobbles it right down. Of course, she'll eat almost anything that won't eat her first. I like this moist meal because it does have lots of veggies in it and in the moist food she will eat her veggies. It has a nice gravy to it so I can also mix it with her dry food too. This food has good chunks of meat and veggies and comes in several varieties to choose from. I especially appreciate the dish it's sold in. It has a resealable lid and can be reused for other things when the dog food is gone. It doesn't matter which flavor I pick out, my dog chows all of them. My dog is a little Chihuahua/Papion mix so one dish lasts her about 3 days. I do notice that she does gain weight when I feed her this as a steady diet so now, I feed her Beneful in the dry food and buy this moist food more for a treat for her.

Best Wet Dog Food Ever!!

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

We have been feeding our dog these prepared meals for a few years now. He absolutely loves them! I will sometimes mix the wet food with some of his dry food, and sometimes we just give it to him as is. He loves it either way though. They have quite a few different flavors to choose from also. The savory rice and lamb stew seems to be his favorite, but he also loves the chicken stew and beef stew. If you are looking for a great brand and great dog food that will be a winner, this is the best choice. We never gave our dog any prepared meals wet dog food before this one, and we are very happy with this brand and this dog food. I would highly recommend this to anyone that has a dog and is looking for a great food to give them other than dry food.

Quality of Ingredients
    The brand has very good quality products, and this in particular is very high quality.

Flavor Selection
    I have seen and bought about five or six different flavors to choose from. We usually buy our dog's three favorite ones.

Good, but not enough

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

The first time I gave my dog a Beneful Prepared Meal she gobbled it up with the quickness and it still happens to this day. Her favorites are the lamb and rice, beef and chicken, and the turkey. I'm not a big of the smell of these meals going in or coming out, but my dog doesn't seem to mind it. This food has a very distinct dog food smell that borders on the line of odor. The main thing I notice when my dog eats these meals is that her stool becomes watery. This makes picking up poop nearly impossible. I try to mix in some dry food to help with the stool consistency, but she just picks through the food for the meat. The only downside to these meals is that one 10 ounce container does nothing for my 60 pound dog. I would give my dog more, but these little meals can be expensive. I usually end up giving her a couple periodically through out the week as a snack in addition to her regular meals. I will definitely continue to purchase Purina Beneful Prepared Meals despite the drawbacks because my dog loves them.

Purina Beneful Prepared Meals for Dogs are real food

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Purina Beneful Prepared Meals:

There is no doubt that Purina's Beneful Prepared Meals for Dogs are real food as you can see all the huge chunks of meats and the peas and carrots and green beans and cubed potatoes, and so much more. It comes in a pretty thick gravy. My little aging dog really likes this food as it is soft and looks and smells like real people food, but I find myself having to chop up the huge chunks of meats that are in them because I'm afraid that my little dog is going to choke on them. If they would only make those chunks about a quarter of the size that they currently are this dog food would be pretty perfect.

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients look real. The meat is very real and you can see the whole peas, chunks of potatoes and pieces of real carrots.

Flavor Selection
    Not too many flavors to choose from, but I'm taking a guess that this is pretty new and with continued popularity, they will be adding more as Purina is always increasing thier line of products (or so it seems).