Other Dog Foods:
Canned Dog Food
Cesar
Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties)

Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties)

Pros

• Dog likes it (3)
  • Easy to digest (3)
  • Tasty (3)

• Older dogs (3)
  • Puppies (3)
  • Smaller dogs (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (3)

Doesn't Make my Senior Citizen Ill

My fifteen-year-old Carin Terrier mix has recently developed a rather sensitive digestive system due to old age, and while he is still sparky and smiling, it can be difficult to cook a meal for him every week, especially during the summertime when it is way to hot to be slaving over a pot of rice and liver! So, Little Cesar's is my solution to taking care of and feeding my precious friend well, without him getting sick.

Other dog food brands, even the ones touted as being 'healthier' and better for your dogs than others, such as Iam's and Eukanuba, etc., made my dog sick - not just upset stomach, flatulence sick, but vomitting and diarrhea sick. It was so bad, I was afraid to use any other type of dog food in fear he would be tormented for a few days, moaning and crying.

So, one day on pins and needles, I tried Little Cesar's again. When he was younger, it was his favorite dog food, and never seemed to bother him then, so I decided it was worth a second chance and gave it to him. There are many great things about this dog food that I love, and that my dog loves, too.

First, it doesn't stink. Many dog foods, especially wet and moist, have a tendency to smell chemically and just generally not very appetizing. They are usually swimming in a strange, sticky, yellow syrup, and the 'meat' doesn't look like meat but more like cubed and baked gluten substitute that imitates the flavor and texture of meat, but really isn't. They claim to have all these flavors, but none of the foods closely resemble anything near beef, chicken, duck, turkey, etc.

However, most of the Cesar's products are not like this. Even the finely chopped pate's do not carry as strong or as displeasing of an odor as most brands. The chunky, more meaty varieties look more like meat, i.e., they aren't so perfectly cubed and spongy as most other 'chunky' dog foods. And the best part is, they are small, easy to open and dispose, and are not messy - so you won't have to worry about getting dog food all over your clothes and kitchen, even yourself. It doesn't irritate my dog's sensitive stomach, and comes in a variety of very lovable and interesting flavors, including some with vegetables and tiny bits of pasta, keeping my dog interested and happy.

This isn't for a large size dog, though, but it's perfect for picky small to medium-sized dogs, especially as a dry food topper.

Not good for my dog.

I have had my teacup Yorkie for about 6 years now. She primarily eats the same dry dog food everyday. She always begs when my family is eating and I did not want to feed her table food so I decided to try this Cesar Canine Cuisine to give her a treat every now and then. I had heard many great things about it from other friends who feed it to their dogs so I thought it would be great for my pup too. I was wrong. This dog food just did not settle well with my puppy's little belly. She seemed really lazy and out of it after she would eat it, so at first I thought she may have been just over eating. I gave her smaller portions of it and still had the same results, so I figured it just wasn't for her and it must have given her a belly ache when she ate it. It also tore her stomach up. We went back to only dry dog food and she has been her happy self again. Something about this food just did not work for her. We will try another kind sometime! I think I would still recommend this food to other pet owners just because everyone's pet is different. Just watch for signs that it may not be sitting well with them, just in case.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredient list sounds good, it just wasn't for my pup.

Flavor Selection
I felt like there were many different flavors to choose from in the store which is great because no one likes the same thing all the time!

Faithful to this Brand!

from Princeton, WV

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

I have 3 little dogs, two are older and one is only one. They love the Cesar food, in every variety! They start wagging their tails when they see the little white trays! My older dog can be picky, shes a pomeranian, but she loves these! Even my cats try to sneak a bite!

Great for smaller dogs

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Tasty

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

Cesar wet dog food is one of my little dogs favorites to eat. They come in a large variety of flavors and textures. Some are more of a plain pate that is good for older dogs or puppies as it is very soft and easier to eat. They also come in a chunkier texture but is still soft and easy to chew and digest. They have so many different flavors, to please all types of dogs. My small dog is a pig mix and he has a hard time chewing and digesting hard dog food. I mostly feed him wet food with enough dry food in his diet to help with the tartar control for his teeth. He has not refused a flavor yet. I get him all different kinds and he never has the same flavor two days in a row. They come in little plastic trays with a foil top so feeding is easy. I just take off the lid and let him eat right out of the dish. The portions are perfect for small or toy sized dogs, no need to have to save uneaten leftovers and worry about covering and refrigeration. I was buying wet dog food from the cans and it was a pain to feed him those. I had to scoop some out into a dish and cover and save the rest. I prefer this brand and the ease of feeding it to My dog. My big dogs get jealous so they get some too and they also love it. The dishes are way too small for them to get a meal out of it, so it's more of a treat for the big dogs. My little dog has had issues in the past with wet dog foods causing him upset stomach and vomiting but cesar wet foods don't cause him any issues. He never throws it up and it doesn't make his skin itch or break out. When he hears me pull back the foil he comes running and gets very excited so I know he loves it. I do recommend it for small dogs but not for bigger dogs unless it's for a special treat because the serving is so small a large dog would need several containers to fill them up. They are available most anywhere pet supplies are found and most places offer a wide variety of flavors. They are reasonably priced, and all my dogs love them.

My favorite wet dog food.

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Good Value
      • Nutritional
      • Tasty

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

Cesar Canine Cuisine is in my opinion the best wet dog food that a dog owner can purchase right now. It isn't too expensive, and it isn't too cheap. The little individual containers sizes make them versatile for different uses when feeding my dogs.

We have used them to feed not only puppies, but also when feeding the older dogs whose teeth are not what they used to be. I have also used the wet food mixed in with hard kibble in order to convince picky dogs to eat their kibble.

I love that there is a good selection of different flavors, that way I can switch it up a little bit when feeding the dogs. Not that they really care what they are eating, as long as they are eating- but I like to give them a little variety as a treat.

All in all I would recommend this to just about any dog owner who is looking for a treat for their pooch or even just something a little softer to feed their dog.

Mixed feelings on this...

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

If I were to review this based on quality, it would get an overall rating of 1. This is pretty much like canine junk food... but... I have to admit my two lil dogs love it. I mean, c'mon, I'd love to eat fast food every day, too, but I know it's not good for me so I don't. Anyway, I do feed this to them maybe 2-3x a week because they love it and completely lick the bowls clean. I would not recommend feeding them a steady diet of this stuff because it's just not healthy. Imagine how your body would feel on a steady diet of fast food... you'd feel sluggish, gain weight and it would probably lower your life expectancy. That's what I feel a steady diet of Cesar would do to my dogs. All that said, however, there's absolutely no denying that my two lil dogs love this stuff!!

Quality of Ingredients
        Canine junk food. Based on quality, alone, this is really quite poor and is like feeding yourself a steady diet from the most popular fast food restaurants. Definitely not a good idea for us or our dogs.

Flavor Selection
        Lots of variety... breakfast items (with eggs) and then also beef, chicken and poultry selections. I've never ever come across any seafood options and that's a disappointment. My dogs seem to like all the different "flavors" equally.

Wish they were bigger

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

I love the Cesar Canine Cuisine dog food trays because my dogs always love the different flavors. They are easy to feed when in a hurry and they last a long time in the pantry. I give them on special occasions, but since I have large dogs I must feed four per dog instead of one making it a little of a hassle. I wish they came in bigger sizes! I would buy more and feed them way more often than for special treats. I feel like dogs like the wet food better because it saves them the hassle of drinking water and it just tastes juicy and fresh. Plus, they never get stale like some dry food can when you have fifty pounds sitting around for a month because it all came in one bag. They have great varieties of flavors so you can always give something new to make it more interesting for your dog. I would definitely recommend small dog owners to choose this as their first choice of dog food.

Not the best dog food

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

Cesar Canine Cuisine as a cute dog on its packaging and comes in convenient serving trays, but it's not the best type of food to be giving to your dog. I didn't know this until after I went to the pet store and asked the employee, but you should be trying to get your dog to eat dry dog food as soon as possible. As a newborn puppy wet food is okay, but gradually mix in dry food when you can. Cesar Canine Cuisine is good for those first few months, but I would avoid it later on. It comes in a wide range of flavors that sound pretty good actually and there are different types for different size dogs. I would only recommend it if your dog can't physically bite and eat the dry dog foods. The quality may not be that good as it is on the lower end of the dog food aisle. But it does have good selection of flavors and is one of the less expensive dog foods. In my opinion, it's okay for temporary use only.

My little dog loved it!

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

Overall I have to say Cesar canine cuisine was my dogs favorite dog food. As soon as I opened the cabinet to get it the dog was already wagging her tail! Personally, I felt that this particular dog food was extremely overpriced for the amount of product you get. It was barely enough to feed my dog. I had to mix it with dry food sometimes because my dog wasn't being filled. I did like that this product was extremely convenient to purchase. I didn't have to purchase it at a specialty pet store I could buy it at my local grocery store. I also like that this bran offered a lot of great coupons in the circular that helped save a lot of money making this dog food affordable. This dog food smelled pretty rancid but most dog foods do smell bad. Overall I would reccomend this product.

Quality of Ingredients
        I felt that the quality of ingredients was great!

Flavor Selection
        There were lots of gret flavors to choose from.

cesar canine cuisine

from Cressona, PA

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

My dog loves this product. Serve him one a day along with his dry dog food. Easy to serve - no mess. Always finishes it in one sitting.

Quality of Ingredients
        I feel confident the ingredients are excellent. I am sure my dog is getting good nutrition.

Flavor Selection
        Good variety to choose from. Dog likes every one.

• Flavor Selection:

These are pricier but they are worth it for worming.

from West Virginia

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

I like to use these to worm my dog with because he laps them up so quickly that he doesn't realize there is liquid wormer in the food. He also likes to eat these as the occasional treat. They're actually not too bad for the dogs and I've noticed after using these for a while, my Dachshunds coat seems to be glossier and smoother.

I like the pouches on these because they are much easier to open than some wet foods that require a can open. I don't have to go through the hassle of digging out a can opener or the dreaded key breaking off the top of the can. These are easy to open. A word of caution with these is that because they are so easy to open, keep them put away because dogs can get into them. My brood broke into the cabinet and ate nearly twenty packages of these while I was gone for twelve hours. It was not an easy cleanup but at least I know they love them!

Quality of Ingredients
        These seem to have a lot of protein in them and the dogs love them. My little guys eat every bite and beg me for more. The food smells pleasant enough and I can tell it's very meaty and not just grains and other fillers.

Flavor Selection
        There are several varieties of flavors and meat and gravy choices available with these foods. I prefer the fish and beef varieties because it seems to be the ones my dogs prefer.

Cesar Canine Cuisine

Comments about Cesar Canine Cuisine (All Varieties):

Back when we had our dog still I made the biggest mistake buying some of this food. Not because it is poor quality or nasty, because my dog loved it so much she refused to eat anything else! A whole bag of dry food that we had just bought sat untouched, she would sit by the cabinet and whine until we got this out and fed her. This wet dog food actually resembles human food, it looks like a stew. Big pieces of meat and thick gravy. My dog loved this and it was worth the money to see her happy.

Quality of Ingredients
        Very high quality ingredients. The meat was big chunks and not fatty at all. This food actually resembles stews that I would make for us to eat! Food appeared fresh after opening and had no bad odor.

Flavor Selection
        These come in a lot of different meat varieties. Chicken, veal, pork, beef, and even filet Mignon! Who knew you can get dog food that is fancier than what most humans eat. My dog loved them all and when it's time for a new puppy we will be buying these again.