4.1
Freshpet
Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls

Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls

4.1

Pros

• Dog likes it (10)
  • Nutritional (7)
  • Tasty (7)
  • Easy to digest (6)
  • Good value (5)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (7)

• Active dogs (7)
  • Older dogs (6)
  • Smaller dogs (6)
  • Larger dogs (5)
  • Puppies (3)
    • Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (11)

No more Allergies, no more picky eaters!

I came across Freshpet last year during their Bark For the Cure event. As an amatuer canine nutritionist with 3 rescued dogs, each of whom has major allergies and is a very, very picky eater, I thought why not?

I'm so glad I tried it! My grain sensitive allergy prone Cocker Spaniel (9 years old) has been plagued by skin and ear issues since we rescued her. There were endless medications, trips to the groomer, the vet, medicated drops, shampoos, topical sprays. She was miserable and so were we.

After 2 months on Fresheet, it's like she was a different dog. No more allergies, no more flaky skin and dandruff. No more ear infections, no more miserable break outs and rashes. Her health has gone from poor to thriving, and all we changed was the food. Now Sybil is medication free and back to being the playful, loving dog we adopted so many years ago.

I also have (well, had!) a very fussy eater who refused even the most tempting of foods. From professionally prepared raw diets to luscious cooked at home meals, she snubbed them all. Because of this, Faith was underweight and had poor health. We started her on Freshpet and the change was immediate! She started to dance at feeding time, dove in and even licked her bowl clean. In a few short months her coat is glossy, she is a perfect weight, has energy to spare and the gleam is back in her eyes.

My oldest girl is a retired, two time National Agility Champion, a six time Regional Agility Champion, has earned over 40 agility titles and is a former Seizure Alert Dog. Brandy always ate well, but with Freshpet she can't wait for mealtime! Her recent Vet check had the new Tech arguing that she couldn't be 11 years old! Yes, she looks that good. She is fit and trim, has a lot of lean muscle and has the energy she did as a young dog. She did well on kibble, but she is blossoming on Freshpet.

This is the ONLY food I will feed my dogs now. Yes, it is expensive but what we save in Vet bills more than makes up for it. My youngest is my Service Dog and an agility competitor. River has a shiny coat, clean teeth, tons of energy. While other Lab owners complain about dry, itchy skin and ear infections, I'm marveling at how healthy and amazing my dog looks. Then I tell them my secret. FreshPet.

FreshPet Select Dog Food made my dog SICK!!

I bought this dog food for my dog, mainly because it was on sale and I had a coupon that made it a deal too good to pass up.

My...Read complete review

My dog is not a dog that eats everything in her dish as soon as I put it down; she's a nibbler.  She eats a little bit at a time throughout the evening and night.  I put this down for my dog like I did with every other pet food I've given her.  There was no warning on the label leading me to believe it should be treated any differently, and there was nothing on their website either.

I gave my dog this food on a Friday evening, and she finished the dog food mid morning saturday as she typically does with every other food I have given her.  I noticed she became very lethargic Saturday evening, and by Monday she was ill enough that I thought she would need to be euthanized.  She had not eaten at all since Saturday and had not moved off the sofa in just as long.

I e-mailed the company to question how long I can let the food sit in her dish, because this was the only thing that I changed before she got ill.  I received word back about a week later telling me not to leave it in their dish for more than an hour.

I threw away the remaining containers of dog food I had, and began giving my dog Alpo Dog food again.  She's been fine since.

Saw a huge change in my girl after switching!

from Los Angeles, CA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

The biggest thing for my dog was being able to find something that was easy on her stomach/easy to digest. This roll, and other Freshpet recipes have really great ingredients and no crazy fillers. I noticed a difference right away with her poops (no more diarrhea) and her attitude around mealtime has changed significantly! She absolutely loves it and dances for it everytime I open the fridge!

My dog runs around the kitchen like a maniac for Freshpet!

from Staten Island, NY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Smaller, firmer stool
    • Tasty

Cons

• Sometimes out of stock

• Picky Eaters

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

I have two dogs at home, a German short-haired pointer mix and a small mutt who we sometimes tell people is a French Bulldog haha. Anyway, the Frenchie has always been very particular about her food, such a picky eater, would put her nose up at everything. Enter Freshpet! I saw a commerical about how a pug wouldn't eat until they got Freshpet, and the same thing happened for me -- the Frenchie gobbles it up, and actually runs in little circles like a nut when I get the roll out of the fridge!

So of course the pointer got curious, and I couldn't upgrade one dog's dinner without upgrading the big guy, so now EVERYONE is a Freshpet fan! They love the rolls, and the few times I tried the bagged food they enjoyed that too. Plus I can see a change in their energy levels and even their stool (sorry to be gross!) Back when I was feedign kibble there was sometimes a little blood even and diarrhea, but now that they've been on Freshpet for months they're doing much better and healthier. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to take the best care of their pups!!!

Great Stuff

from Peoria, IL

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

I discovered Fresh pet last year when my little girl had some teeth pulled. She really likes it and it is much easier for her to eat. I'm comfortable feeding this to her with the healthy ingredients.

One of the Best Dog Food for My Scully! (Freshpet Select)

from Clifton, NJ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

Your food is AWESOME!!! I already did a review with 5 stars and if there were 100 I'd give you those too!! Scully, who is 16, is able to finally keep food down without vomiting and is even gaining a little weight. He loves it so much that whenever I open the fridge, he comes out and starts "talking" as if to say "I want my Freshpet!" LOL Thank you so much. Don't ever stop making this amazing food!!

Best Food for my lovely Dog

from Clifton, NJ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

We just started feeding our Beagle Freshpet Select about a week ago. We came across it at our local grocery store and decided to give it a try. At meal times, we mix blue buffalo dry food with small pieces of Freshpet. Our beagle was never too eager about eating dry food but when it's mixed in with Freshpet, he goes crazy over it! We are so happy that he enjoys his food and gets so happy at meal times! Thank you Freshpet!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Fresh Pet makes my dogs run to their meal!

from IL

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

The Great and the warning:
      Great for older dogs with minimal teeth. Great for any picky eater dog. Great for all dogs to supplement with their dry food. Read the expiration date on the log before you buy it.. If it's watery when you squeeze it pick one that is more firm and with a longer expiration date. My dogs prefer the chicken over the beef. Not sure why?

My pets LOVE this dog food

from Tampa, FL

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Good Value
      • Nutritional
      • Tasty

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

I have two large Golden Retrievers and buying canned dog food was getting expensive. I buy the large roll and it lasts and lasts, I use a small amount to add to their dry dog food and they love it! I have to say, it looks great, it smells great. I can see the vegetables!

Great for picky eaters

from Cape Coral, Fl

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

My dog is a very picky eater and we tried all kinds of brands and and our dog would only eat after two days of not eating, I am guessing because he was starving, we decided to try fresh pet and as soon as he smelled it he ate it like it was the most delicious food he has ever eaten. Since then he gets super excited every time it's meal time. He is more active and is healthy. The only con to this product in my opinion is the price but if spending a little more means my dog will be happy then it's worth it.

Freshpet dog food review(Freshpet Select Slice)

from Carlsbad CA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Nutritional
          • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

I feed the Freshpet Select Slice to all of my dogs. It is mixed with kibble because it would be too expensive for me to feed three large dogs this exclusively. I have a 8 year old GSD, a 19 months old Mal and a 20 months old Dutch. All are very healthy with shiny coats. The GSD is as active as the pups. Knock on wood, they have never had any health problems. It is great for my dogs.

I want this more and more

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Freshpet Select Slice & Serve Rolls:

I loved it. My dog loved it too. I keep buying it. She keeps eating it. I buy she eats. Its a great product. Yummy stuff