Other Detergents:

Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent

Pros

Cons

Good detergent!!

I have only just begun to purchase this laundry detergent. I had a coupon that was buy one, get one free. After smelling the detergent, I decided to try it. It has a very pleasant smell and cleans our clothing effectively. One big plus for me is that the scent does not linger. Unfortunately, I am extremely sensitive to smells and it would be a deterrent if it had a strong smell. I have also noticed that the lint filter in the dryer does not accumulate as much lint with this detergent. I will continue to monitor this as that would be a definite plus. This detergent is much cheaper than some of the others that I have purchased in the past, even utilizing a coupon. At this point, I have nothing negative to say about this detergent. It cleans effectively, the smell doesn't linger and it is a good deal cheaper than some of the other brands. What more could I ask for? I highly recommend this detergent.

Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent does not get clothes clean.

If Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent cleaned as good as the price is, it would be the detergent for me. After buying this detergent on a whim, and when I was short a few bucks, I found out it is not a bargain after all. Even though the bottle says, "concentrate," I found I used more detergent than my regular brand. I am very disappointed! The only thing it should be recommended for is greasy work clothes.

The detergent did not make any suds in the washing machine, to speak of, and this is after I doubled the amount the directions called for. I need to see the soap to make sure my families clothes are getting a good wash. By using double the detergent, I didn't save any money that I could see, in fact, I probably spent more than name brand, pricey detergents cost.

The scent is the only thing this detergent has going for it, and even that isn't real great. It didn't have a floral, clean scent that is well liked, it was more of an industrial odor. One I did not expect from detergent.

Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent does not get clothes clean.

from Carlsbad, NM

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

Purex is my favorite brand of detergent by far.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

I'm not the type of person that likes to splurge or spend lots of money on laundry detergents, when there are great inexpensive detergents out there like Purex. I tend to stock up on the Purex detergents when they go on sale, and I think that the Ultra Concentrate Detergents is fantastic, and one of their best detergents. I like buying the concentrated formula because I seem to get the most product for my money. With this detergent I am usually able to do at least a hundred loads of laundry with the bigger size 150 fl. oz. jugs. I like that I don't have to keep buying detergent whenever I go shopping because the bigger jugs last me for quite awhile. Even with the smaller jugs of detergent I can get at least half of the amount of laundry done. Not only that but the concentrated formula seems to clean my clothes much better. It does a great job at lifting the stains out of my clothes, even the toughest ones. I never have a stain leftover after using Purex. My clothes always look clean, fresh, ad like brand new with this detergent. It really brings out the brightness in my colored clothes, and doesn't fade my dark clothes either. I like to add a little bit of bleach into this for my white clothes, and they come out very crisp looking. The scent of this detergent that I used was the Mountain Breeze. The thing that I like about Purex is that they have nice light and fresh fragrance that aren't irritating, and they completely get rid of odors without bothering my ski. This is a great detergent and works just as good as the more expensive detergents do. I do laundry on a daily basis and know a good laundry detergent when I see one, and in my opinion this is a wonderful detergent.

The concentrated Purex detergent works amazing at getting the tough stains and odors out of my clothes, but it's still gentle on my clothes fabrics and doesn't fade or ruin them like some cheaper detergents do. I feel like it actually brightens my clothes, and renews their colors too. This is an example that just because something is cheap, doesn't mean it doesn't work well. I've tried Tide ad find that I like Purex much better. My clothes are always clean and soft after using this detergent.

I used the Mountain Breeze scent of this detergent. I would say that this is one of my favorite Purex Scents. The scent smells very light and fresh, some detergents fragrances are too strong, but this one is not. It's light and long lasting. It keeps my clothes smelling wonderful and keeps the odors away without being irritating. It's soft and very relaxing.

Works Well & Affordable

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

I like the Purex detergent, but only when it is on sale. It cleans, leaves your clothes smelling nice and keeps them soft, too. In my opinion it takes just a little bit more detergent to do the same job as some of the other detergents out there, but it is still one that works fairly well.
there are several different sizes of bottles available, including the popular (and my preferred choice ) the 50 ounce bottle. And again, they are all more affordable than some of the bigger names.
Your clothes are not protected with this powder however, so wash only when you have to!
All in all this is a good powder for anyone who is looking for a cheaper detergent that really works as it should.

Purex detergent works well. Not my favorite, but far from being the worst there is.

The original scent smells like clean, but nothing fancy. The scent stays on the clothes when the wash is done so you always smell great!

Great on Sensitive Skin and Works Well

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

Purex isn't the top-of-the-line laundry detergent, so I wouldn't expect wonders from it. However, it is a great lower-end detergent. It's actually well made and I believe it is more "natural" than other inexpensive counterparts. In fact, I went through several years where Purex was the only laundry detergent that didn't cause a rash on my skin. The ultra concentrate variety saves on money and space, which is great living in a small house on a budget.

I believe the performance is great. I don't ever feel like I need heavy duty detergent, but this works well on my more delicate clothes and my hardier clothes, as well. I typically use less than the recommended amount, but my clothes come out fresh and clean, just like I would want.

I don't love the scent of any laundry detergent, but of the detergents I've tried, I find this scent to be milder than many of the others. If you won't want an overwhelming scent on your clothes, this is great.

Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent is the only brand I use now

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

I can say this about Purex Ultra concentrate Detergent, it isn't the best but it does get the job done. I switched to this brand because it is such a reasonably priced item. It is cheap in price and it gets your laundry clean. It's not so good at the softness it leaves to the laundry, but it does get them clean and leaves them smelling nice and fresh. I don't like washing my whites with this brand. It is best used with bleach to get your whites extra clean. As far as the dark laundry it gets it clean and fresh. I like using this brand in my home for my family and I. I like that it isn't to strong in fragrance and doesn't irritate our allergies or our skin. It's an overall great brand for anyone on a budget but still wants clean laundry.

This brand works fine. It isn't the best detergent I've used but for the price it does what it's supposed to do. I guess it performed as expected. I still have to add a little bleach to my whites when using this detergent but I like using bleach in my laundry anyway so it's nothing out of the ordinary for me.

The scent of this detergent is exceptional.

GREAT PRICE - GREAT PRODUCT!

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent is the most amazing detergent that I have found out there, especially for the low price at which it is sold. It also does not even take a whole cupful in the washing machine to get clothing looking as if it were brand new off the store's shelves. It has a wonderfully light and airy scent to it which is not at all overpowering or offensive. It is tough on stain, but easy on your clothing, and fo rthat price, you just cannot beat it! I admit, I was skeptical at first, thinking that it could not possibly work that well if it was sold at such a low price, but a good friend of mine swears by it, so I had to take her advice and try it. What do you know, it turns out that she was right, and now this had become my go-to laundry detergent!

This detergent has awesome stain-fighting power, but yet it is so gentle on clothing, and does not seem to fade any of my colored clothing at all. My whites also come out looking brilliant, too, so all the way around it is a fantastic product!

Purex has a long-lasting scent that is not too heavy, and not so light that you cannot smell it on your clothing. I get compliments on the scent of my clothing, and people are always surprised when they ask what sort of laundry detergent I use, and I tell them that I use Purex.

Very surprised with the results!

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

I am very pleasantly surprised with the performance of Purex laundry detergent. Not just this brand but also others with and without oxy in it. Every time I can afford this brand I use it. I love the scents. I love the way it leaves my clothes clean and bright. More so than other brands in this price range. Even the ones without the oxy cleaners works great! My significant other is a chef and his work clothes get extremely dirty.. purex takes all the dirt and stains out! I work in a factory packing candy and often have chocolate and caramel stuck to the bottoms of my pants, takes it out with ease on the very first wash. No repeated washing needed as I had to with other brands. I do not have to use a whole lot to be able to smell on clothes after washing and drying. I also love the packing and size of the bottle options. I have been using this brand for about a month now and will continue as long as I can afford it.

Performance is great! Gets many tough spots and stains out.

I really enjoy the scents.

Purex blue bottle

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

Works great for kids clothes, labor jobs, or gym clothes. It doesn't just hide or cover up dirt, grim, and smells it eliminates them leaving a fresh clean scent and look.

Really grinds dirt and stains out of clothes, replenishes your old clothes with a newer look and better smell. It gets old dirt that has been grounded in and sitting for awhile out no problem. Perfect to use on kids clothes that enjoy the outside.

There are so many different scents to choose from, many smelling so fresh and subtle. Its great on stinky clothes from the gym or work.

To me this product was really good especially for the price.

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

It really got the stains out. But what I really liked about it the most was the price. At first when I bought I was broke and had a ton of dirty laundry so I had to but it. When I got home and used it though I was surprised to find out that it had a really nice smell to it and the cleaning power in it really packed a punch.

Great Laundry Detergent for a great value

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Purex Ultra Concentrate Detergent:

With four adults living in our house, we have a lot of laundry to do on a daily basis. For the price, this is the best detergent on the market. With it being a concentrate, I can use less of this and I do. It leaves a pleasant scent on our clothes which lasts through the dryer until the next washing. I like a detergent that suds up and this does. It truly does clean off even the most stubborn of stains. My father is a drywaller and comes home each evening with thick piles of drywall dust and mud on his work clothes. With some detergents I would have to wash his clothes twice. This concentrate allows me to do his clothes in just one load. It also rinses absolutely clean. Other concentrated detergents leave behind a white residue in the wash and on the clothes. May I also add that because it rinses so clean I would easily recommend this to someone with sensitive skin.

I need to get drywall mud of off my father's clothes on a daily basis. This works!

Pleasant scent that stays on your clothes.