4.1
Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Purex

4.1

Pros

• Easy to use (5)
  • Simple instructions (5)
  • Effective (3)
  • Gets stains out (3)
  • Great scent (3)

• Laundry room (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (3)

Purex Triple Action new formula brightens laundry smells great

I have long been a user of PUREX liquid laundry soap. It works great and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, like the other highly advertised detergents. PUREX leaves laundry with a wonderful scent, and it gets my colors clean and my white loads bright and white. You just cannot beat PUREX for the price.
Recently I got a sample of new PUREX TRIPLE ACTION liquid laundry soap, in Mountain Breeze scent. This is a new formula from PUREX, their scientists in the research and development department have been working hard to create a better formula so that our laundry results come out better and better . And with PUREX TRIPLE ACTION, they have a winner. This new formula has improved brightening power (no wonder my white load came out so sparkling clean). It smelled so clean and fresh straight out of the bottle, I couldn’t wait to run a load of laundry with this new detergent . My clothes came out clean and bright and smelling wonderfully fresh. The scent lingered in my clothes even after I dried them. I am big on scent in my laundry. My detergent has to have a nice fresh scent that lasts after the laundry cycle has finished. PUREX TRIPLE ACTION gave me my scent. My white load came out crisp and white, even my dingy white socks got clean.
If you have never tried PUREX laundry detergent, I urge you to give it a go. You will be glad you did. Don’t let that great price fool you, this is a hard- working and results oriented laundry product. You get a lot more product than you pay for!
PUREX TRIPLE ACTION liquid laundry detergent will be coming to stores soon, look for it around
FEB. 2012. Be the first of your friends to try this great new formula from PUREX so you can tell everyone about it.

Purex Laundry Soap is not effective on heavily soiled laundry

I purchased Purex laundry soap because I was out of my usual brand and the Purex was a little cheaper so I thought I'd give it a try. The first thing I noticed was the scent. It was pleasant and not overpowering. It worked well enough on my clothes. My clothes don't generally get dirty or messy. So the result was fine. But when I washed my husbands laundry after he did landscaping in our yard the Purex wasn't very effective at all. His clothes were still dirty after they were washed. I had to wash them several times to get them as clean as they would have gotten with my usual brand. If your laundry doesn't get too dirty or smelly Purex will probably do just fine. But if you have husbands with dirty jobs or have children I'm not sure that Purex would clean effectively enough for you. Purex just doesn't have enough cleaning power to meet my laundry cleaning needs so I went back to my usual brand.

This is my favorite detergent!

from Grand junction Co

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
    • Home

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I use purex detergent everyday! Its my favorite detergent ever. Nothing bad can I say about it!! I world recommend to everyone!

Love the freshness and scent!!

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I'm a mom with 6 kids who range from 5-17 and let me say, this detergent is my go to product!! Having a TON of kids makes a ton of laundry and purex is easy on the budget, tough on stains and gets pretty much everything out while it's staying beautiful!! The scent is great, and I occasionally try different scents and have enjoyed every one. It's a definite 5 star from me.

Really good product!

from TN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I am always trying different brands and scents of laundry detergents. When money was tight I saw a fairly large bottle of this Purex Triple Action Laundry Detergent for a price that I could not pass up. I was worried that the detergent would not work very good since it was so cheap, but I was pleasantly surprised. This detergent worked just as well as some of the more expensive brands. It got stains out of clothes pretty good but I did use a pretreatment on some of them first just in case. I think this laundry detergent made my clothes smell really good. I liked that I could still smell it on the clothes even after drying them. I think the only downfall of the scent is it seems to wear off really quick after you wear the clothes or hang them up. I would recommend this laundry detergent to others because it cleans really well and the scent is nice too. Also I would recommend it because the price is really great!

Triple Action Purex: A Good Standby Detergent

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Simple Instructions

• Laundry
          • Presoaking

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Over the years my skin has gotten more and more sensitive; two of my boys need to have their clothes washed and dried with "free and clear" products or they will be scratching up a storm and end up with a rash. Purex is one of my go-to products for laundry detergent and dryer sheets because it's sold almost everywhere I shop and for most stains it works effectively to get the clothes clean. The Triple Action is a solid product but you have to read the labels or you could accidentally end up grabbing one of the scented bottles. I use the same amount of Triple Action when I do clothes but I have to add a little more when I am doing thick towels from the pool; in order to get the chlorine smell out I need about a help ounce more Triple Action than I do if I were using the basic Purex Free & Clear. This isn't as effective as the regular detergent for the dog blankets or their sleep pads. Even though I still prefer the basic Free & Clear version, I am glad that I tried this so I know how it will work if I can't find my normal detergent. If you are looking for an above average laundry detergent that doesn't have an overpowering scent to it this is a good pick but it isn't something that I would recommend for pet beds or ground in / dried mud.

Maybe new and improved but did change

from Texas

About Me Homeowner

Pros

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

We have been using your product for years. But ever since the change, me and the wife break out into a rash. What ever you did caused us to change detergents. We always used Gain but the price keeps going up, but the value was better since we stop the rashes.

bargin

from Detroit, MI

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

bargain, budget friendly that gets the job done

Purex Triple Action is a Great Bargain

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Overall, I have to say that Purex Triple Action Laundry Detergent is a very good product for every day laundry needs. I use it most often with pet bedding and towels, and know that many others who work in animal rescue do the same. It is much less costly than the major name brands, yet does a great job in cleaning, leaving the laundry fresh smelling and soft once it is through the dryer, even when a dryer sheet isn't used!
                I have a skin sensitivity and this detergent causes me to break out, but I would still recommend it to others who aren't quite as "rashy" as me because it does a good job.

I have no performance complaints when it comes to this product.

The scent is one of the most appealing aspects of Purex Triple Action Laundry Detergent as far as I'm concerned. Like I said before, I use it with bedding, towels, etc. for rescued animals. Sometimes, things can get VERY stinky from the icky stuff pets sometimes do in the wrong places, AND the great smell penetrates right through in the wash. I'm quite happy with the final result. No more icky smell!

Inexpensive Laundry Detergent

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Purex triple action liquid laundry detergent is a good detergent if you are looking for something that will do a decent job for a cheap price. This was the perfect laundry detergent for a college budget. I found the ingredients to not be very environmentally friendly but when you are living on a budget that isn't usually on your mind. The formula has the thicker consistency of other more expensive soaps and isn't runny. I found that it didn't get out the super tough stains from kids clothes and it didn't do very well at keeping dark clothes looking dark so I ended up switching brands, but for my own regular colored clothes it did a fine job. There are a few scents to choose from and all are fresh smelling and leave a good scent on your clothes. A favorite was the lavender scent which smelled a bit overpowering in the bottle but mellowed out in the wash. If your skin is sensitive and you prefer non-scented washes this detergent is probably not a good pick for you.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I was impressed by the low and economical price for the Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent. According to the number of loads per bottle and the number of loads of laundry I was washing, I thought I was going to save a lot of money. I did find the cap easy to remove and put back on when I used the detergent. The handle on the bottle worked alright, but at times it was a little off balance. I found this to be the case when the bottle was more full than empty. The liquid was easy to pour into the cap. The cap was easy to turn over and empty the contents into the washer. The scent of the liquid was pleasing and not over powering. I pre-treated with this laundry detergent instead of using a pre-treat spray. I didn't get as many wash loads per bottle as the label stated but I think that was because I used the liquid before washing the clothes also. The detergent did alright as far as getting the clothes clean, but I wasn't impressed with the lack of fresh detergent smell on the clothes after washing.

Not Very Pure Thanks To Soda Ash. Rashes And Bleeding Hands!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent isn't as "pure" as they claim. We learned this after a week of use when my poor hands started cracking and bleeding and my entire family broke out in horrible rashes. After a little investigating I realized that Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent contains sodium carbonate, which is also known as "soda ash". Soda ash is used in bleaching agents and dishwasher detergent. It is nasty stuff! Corrosive, caustic and poisonous. Not something you'd expect to find in a product advertised for being gentle and natural. Obviously there are worse products on the market, but I won't personally be using Purex Triple Action Liquid Laundry Detergent again. I never had direct contact with the detergent itself. I only switched the wet double-rinsed laundry from the washer to the dryer then folded the warm clean laundry afterward. If my hands can dry so badly that they crack and bleed (despite my usual obsessive lotion applications) just from folding the clean laundry, can you imagine what it does to my children's skin when they wear it? Let that sink in for a minute. Yikes.