Other Detergents:
Purex
Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener

Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Great scent (3)
  • Simple instructions (3)

• Laundry room (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (3)

Makes laundry smell great and super soft for a very LONG time.

I have used liquid Downy fabric softener for so long that I was skeptical to give **Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener** a try. Every time I have tried anything other than Downy, my husband noticed right away and had a little hissy fit. However, after having read such positive reviews about this product written by my fellow Viewpoints members, I had to give it a try. I didn't have a clue how well my family and I would like **Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener** but all 6 of us like this less expensive fabric softener slightly better than the more expensive basic Downy Fabric Softener.. As a matter of fact, we all like this Purex as well as we like Downy with Fabreze, which is something I would never have imagined was impossible!

**Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener** is added to your laundry before you begin the wash cycle, directly into the tub of your washing machine, along with your detergent and laundry. That allows these powerful, wonderfully scented crystals to have more time to really get down deep into the fabric of your laundry so that the laundry smells fresher and feels softer for longer periods of time than softeners that are added during the rinse cycle. Makes sense, right?

I love trying new products when they are introduced but am such a fan a fan of Downy that I almost didn't even give **Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener** a chance! I'm glad I changed my mind because in all reality, these crystals give my laundry more bang for my buck than Downy.

I have used **Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener's** Tropical, Lavender Blossom, and Fresh Spring Waters Scents and like them all a lot, but my personal favorite is the Tropical scent, because it reminds me of Hawaii, Key West, and the Caribbean Islands. Fresh Spring Waters is my second favorite, because it reminds me of fresh, crisp, clean laundry that was hung out to dry in the summer breeze. The Lavender smells nice, but my husband and sons aren't as fond of it as they are the other two. They think it smells somewhat like a ladies perfume or body spray, and I suppose they are right.

I'm very impressed with how soft **Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener** gets my laundry, with how great it makes my laundry smell, and with how long the softness and the fragrance lasts. I also like the fact that it doesn't take much of this product to get the job accomplished, and that the price is very reasonable.

I recommend that anyone who likes using a good fabric softener try **Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener** . I think it will impress you as much as it does me and my family and it will cost you less than most of the other leading brands.

Surprisingly but surely, I give this product 5 stars!

works well but I don't like clay on my clothes

I bought a bottle of the Fresh Spring Waters fabric softener when it first came out and my clothes came out smelling great and feeling soft. It was really easy to use, just add it at the beginning of the wash. That was my initial reason for getting it. Our machines in our apartment building don't have a section for the fabric softener; you'd have to sit there and wait until the rinse cycle started to add liquid softener. I always had to buy sheets because of this since there was no way in heck I was going to wait there every single time I did laundry to add liquid softener. Anyway, I started to use the Crystals and it was great at first. Everything was nice and soft. But then, I kept seeing the machine repairmen in our laundry room more and more fixing the washers. I asked them what was wrong, and they said that the machines kept getting clogged. They said that it was either mud or clay clogging them up and jamming the machines. Then I realized that the crystals' 2nd ingredient is clay. I didn't bother to mention that I was using the Crystals. I didn't want to get busted for messing up the machines so I stopped using it halfway through the bottle. I also had read other reviews stating that their machines were also getting clogged. If Purex could make the crystals without clay, then I will go back to using it. In the meantime, I'll stick to sheets. I don't want clay all over my clothes and jamming the machines.

Purex crystals are ok for the money

from Moscow ID

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Scent
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Clothes do not stay soft
  • not very long lasting
  • Weak Function

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener are half the price of the Downy ones. after using both though here is my honest review. Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener is a good alternative for a person on a fixed income, and is better than not using them. Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener does not keep the clean smell for as long as the Downy, and after a long day of working hard and sweating, your shirts and clothes will smell of sweat. where as with the Downy, you would still have the refreshing scent. i found that the Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener did not leave my towels and linens as soft as the competitor and twoels become almost crunchy after a use (in appearance that is) it was still softish. the scent of the Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener is a lot stronger when you first use it, which agravated my Migraines as well, then quickly diapates. So i would say better than nothing but if you can afford the competitor, I would buy that instead

Clothes are super soft and smell amazing!

from SalemNY

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Small Volume

• Dorm
  • Home
  • Travel

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

I always thought these type of products were a fluke and wouldn't even make a noticeable difference. After seeing them in store for so long, I finally gave it a go and I am sold on these! The price is very reasonable for al.aot every brand of fabric softener crystals but I normally use Purex detergent so I stuck with the Purex Complete Crystals Fabric softener and I have noticed a huge difference in the softness or my clothing and the smell of them. The smell goes throughout the house when the laundry is running and the scents are amazing! They don't do much as a cleaning aspect but I didn't expect that anyway. They leave my clothes feeling very soft without them feeling like their is product built up on them. Even after being thrown in the dryer, I can smell the scent on the clothes for weeks after they have been folded and put away. I now buy these every time I buy laundry supplies in place of the liquid softeners than didn't seem to do much for my clothing. The price is right and I recommend these to all my friends and family to keep their clothes softer, less static-y, and smelling great for a long time.

Great scent but clogs washer drain hose.

from Angleton Texas

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Great Scent

Cons

• Clogs Washer Drain Hose

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

I cant recommend this product due to the clogging problem with the washer drain hose. Using this product as directed will eventually clog you drain hose then you have major problems.

This works as it says!

from Ottawa Illinois

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• A little goes a long way
  • Easy To Use
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Strong/Bad Scent

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

We had heard good things about this product and decided to give it a try. I picked out the one I wanted The lavender/Vanilla scent and used some in the wash that day. I used it on dark bath towels in the laundry and used it per the instructions. One small capful per load and measured it exactly. You just pour it into the washer before it starts to fill with water and they dissolve as the water fills up. The tiny crystals melt faster in hot cycle than the cold cycle. Do not use more than what it says as it will be over powering.

As I want around the house waiting for it to get done, I noticed the whole house began to smell like lavender and vanilla as the wash went through. I like lavender and vanilla but it was a bit strong for me. I began to wonder how strong the bath towels I was washing were going to smell when I took them out of the dryer.

To my surprise they didn't smell that strong when I removed them from the dryer! The towels had a fresh lavender/vanilla scent to give the fabric it's clean smell. The rough terry cloth fabric of the towels was very soft and fluffy. Towels can have a kind of rough feel to them after being in the dryer , but this worked to make them feel soft and nice against the skin. I had no allergic reaction tot he softener as I have sensitive skin and it was great!

I would buy this again and use it. Even though through the wash cycle it's a bit strong,but when dry they have a softer scent to the fabric. And it does leave the fabric very soft feeling and scented just right.
I will try the Mountain Breeze as friends have tried it and said it great!

These are okay

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

I really like the Purex Complete Crystals because they keep your fabric feeling very soft and smelling super fresh. The only thing I do not like about them (and this is why I only rated them a seven out of ten) is that sometimes all the crystals do not dissolve. It seems like they need to be put into the washer at a different time otherwise they do not dissolve properly. Also, you cannot use too much or you have the same problem. The good part is that they make your clothes come out of the wash extremely soft and smelling great. The scent lasts for a long time after the wash also. You barely have to use a lot so the bottle will last you for a long time making it a very economical purpose. The Purex Crystals come in three different scents also so there is a scent out there for everyone. I would definitely recommend everyone try these because you will not be disappointed.

Purex Complete crystals

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

First I need to say that this is not a fabric softener, it is only meant to add scent to your laundry. I saw softener on the bottle and bought this thinking it would work like a fabric softener, I was wrong. It did not soften my clothes or reduce static cling, all it did was put a scent on them that any laundry detergent can do. You put these in with the wash at the beginning and they stay in there the whole time so the scent stays longer on your laundry. My clothes did smell, and they smelled great, but it didn't do what I expected it to do. So if you see this and are thinking it is a fabric softener it is not.

Does absolutely nothing for your laundry except make it smell pretty. It will not soften, fluff, or reduce static cling. This stuff is just a scent booster, softener should not be on the label.

This does really smell good, they have several scents available, a lavender and a fresh water.

Pure and simple Purex

from Edina, MN

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener are a great idea to add an extra boost to your washes. They come in different aromas and all of them are really nice and fresh, so you have different ones to choose from. The crystals area neat, unique presentation as fabric softener is usually in liquid form. The this is fun, new and different. The caps let you measure how much you need and a small amount goes a long way, giving a great aroma to your clothing. Really nice for sheets, socks, and pretty much anything you want to give a fresh new aroma to. The scent is also soft and not too strong, so it shouldn't bother those with delicate skin or sensitive noses. The bottles last a good amount of time and they come at a reasonable price. I first saw one of these at my sister-in-laws house and loved it. They smell fabulous!

Gives an extra kick to your daily washes.

Great variety and neat scents to choose from.

It's amazing

from NA

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

I received this Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener as a free sample during a promotional event and the product came in a small bottle which was packaged very well. The product worked very well on towels, sweaters and blankets which are quite tough to wash and after washing there used to be a fear that the clothes would turn hard and would shrink but this product helped in maintaining the softness of the sweaters especially which get stained often due to daily use and the fragrance of this product made it pleasant to wash these clothes.

The product comes in three fragrances of which I had initially received the fresh spring waters product and then I purchased the lavender blossom fragrance which was even more better. The clothes do not cause any irritation or itching on the skin which may be an issue when the clothes are washed and this softener is very reasonably priced. One bottle lasts me for a month.

Pretty good product

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

I bought the Purex brand fabric softener crystals because I was curious about the crystals and these were definitely the best priced crystals I could find. When I was using them I found that the scent wasn't very strong. They did seem to work as well as other fabric softeners, but I use in scented detergent and these didn't give my laundry as good as a smell as the Downey fabric softener crystals did. They are much more economical though. One package of these Crystals lasted about six weeks, and I typically do a load of laundry every day. I would buy them again based on price. Once I got a small amount of water in the container (think 3-5 drops) and I would up having a clump consisting of about 1/2 a cup of crystals, so I would absolutely recommend keeping them dry!! My kids love to be able to help with the measuring and the pouring, so I do with it looked a little less like candy. Overall it is a good cost effective product, that I continue to use.

Great product for a scent boost. Softener? Not so much.

Comments about Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener:

Personally, I would not classify this as a fabric softener. I have not noticed it making my clothes soft and to this day I use this product simply because it makes my clothes smell really nice. It does not require a lot for it to work as intended (scent-wise) and that helps to save money and make this product really affordable overall. The little beads to not leave behind any visible trace of a product on clothing. I do not use this product with every wash but I will say that I use it fairly often and when I do there is a noticeable difference in the way that my clothes smell and it lasts from the moment I put the clothing on until I take them back off. I would recommend this to those worried about the scent of their clothing or items and looking for a product that is very effective overall.

I give it an 8 due to the fact that I do not see it making any of my clothing soft.

The scent is very fresh and clean.