Other Waffle Makers:

Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron

Pros

Cons

Awesome Waffles With Proctor Silex

The Proctor Silex waffle maker does make delicious waffles.I have had my Proctor Silex Waffle Maker for several years now. I know I have had it at least fifteen years. I use to use it a lot when my son was younger.He did love them and he still does.

It is so easy to make waffles with this little machine. The Proctor Silex waffle maker has an indicater light on top to let you know when it is hot enough to put the batter on the machine. The light actually goes out when the waffle maker is hot enough.I usually spray my waffle maker with non-stick spray so the waffle comes out easily when it is done.They are delicious.

The Proctor Silex Waffle Maker is very reasonable in price. Actually, I don't think you could find one any less expensive.Especially since you know how long this waffle maker has lasted and it is still going on strong.Actually, I highly recommend this waffle maker to anyone who may be thinking of buying one.It has really been a good one and at a reasonable price.

Great for Small Family

My children purchased this waffle baker as a gift for me, because they love waffles. Its a good little waffle baker since its non-stick and bakes fast. If you are a family of 2 or 3 , its the perfect size. If you are a larger family, or want to bake waffles to put aside for freezing leftovers, then its too small a unit. The most important downside to this baker for me is the fact that the waffle iron's are not removable, therefore clean up is more of a hassle than it could be. Trying to clean all the surfaces of the waffling squares without dunking the unit in water is a drag. While its true that the non-stick coating surface helps things along, its been my experience that there will come an event when stick happens--because I didn't coat with enough oil or, or, or... stick WILL happen and when it does, clean up is going to stink! I'm a low maintenance kind of girl, so am always wanting labor saving devices. To that end, this product fails miserably. However, if you don't mind a little extra labor and want a compact unit that bakes fast for occasional use, then this is the product for you. Had I been purchasing for myself, and given my past experience with wafflebakers, I would definitely have chosen a brand, or unit, that has the removable waffle cooking surfaces. The unit has a nice look to it and stores easily.

Excellent to use

from NA

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

I replaced my earlier waffle maker with this product from Proctor and am glad that I made the right decision. The product is just excellent in making waffles and it is very easy to clean the interior as it is pure non stick and the waffles prepared are just amazing to taste and healthy as well. I just need to use a wet sponge to clean the inside portion and I manage to remove all the flour that gets stuck in between the grid edges. The product comes with a timer that indicates when the waffles are prepared and this makes my task easier. The product has a Belgian style grid, a nonstick easy-clean griddle, a cord wrap and a nonslip grip feet which make keep it balanced on the surface I place the product.

The price of the product is perfect and it is very durable. I have been using this product for almost two years and it is still going great. I prepare waffles regularly for breakfast and it takes barely a few minutes to prepare these waffles. The product does get heated up while using it but then it cools up also within minutes.

Waffles Served Easy

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

This waffle maker is one of the easiest appliances to use. It's not only easy, but extremely fast too. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to stop eating frozen waffles and get the real deal.

As mentioned before, this items performs great. It lets me make waffles in a fraction of the time that it takes me to get ready. It is also just so easy and quick to use, even my young niece and nephew can use it.

Settings/Features
There really isn't much there. For some it might be good, but for others that might be a bad thing. Simply put, if you want an easy waffle maker with basically no settings, this is a great buy.

The cleaning is quite a hassle. I would recommend using no-stick spray, if not good luck cleaning the ridges.

It's super easy to use this waffle maker. Just pre-heat it, add no-stick spray, and pour batter in. It is as easy as that.

I have had this for about a year and there are no signs of wear. I think it's a great, simple appliance meant to last for a long time.

• Settings/Features:

This is a great waffle maker and a good value.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

I'm not one to buy lots of gadgets and extras, especially for the kitchen. So, I was very happy when I received this as a gift. It gave me an opportunity to start making delicious waffles for my family. Cooking and making meals is not one of my favorite domestic duties. The Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron is easy enough for me to handle. If I'm feeling ambitious I will even make a bunch and freeze them so we can have homemade waffles when we don't have a lot of time.

This product makes waffles perfectly. It makes them nice and thick. The waffles I make with this are so much better than the boxed ones in the store.

This waffle maker cleans up fairly easily. There usually is a little batter left over to clean up when I'm done making waffles. It usually just falls out when you turn it upside down. Sometimes, I have to take a damp paper towel or clean cloth and wipe it out.

You plug this in and it heats up quickly. When it is at the correct temperature an indicator light comes on. You pour in your batter, cook a couple minutes, and then it's done.

• Settings/Features:

Our Sunday Morning Maker.

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

My wife bought this waffle maker. I used to buy the frozen variety, nut after having fresh waffles, the frozen ones are gone from our household.

It makes great waffles every time we use it, which is almost every week. The waffles come out evenly browned and hot.

Settings/Features
Turn it on, let it heat up, spray with non stick spray, pour in the batter, and close the lid. In a few minutes you will have hot waffles ready to eat. As I type I can almost smell them that is good they are.

The ridges are a pain to clean. The trick is the non stick spray. It helps prevent burned on batter.

As I said., turn the waffle maker on, let it heat up, spray with non stick spray, pour in the batter, and close the lid. It is that easy.

In the last two years it must have been used over a hundred times, with no breaks in it or problems. I definitely have recommended this machine to my family and friends. The purchase price is on the low end for waffle makers, which is am added bonus.

Gifts are always great

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

I already had a waffle maker. One that I liked very much but, it was a gift. Besides, It was much smaller than the one I have which, I thought was really cool. This one makes one at a time. The Proctor Silex 26500 Morning Baker Waffle Iron make great sized waffles. They are excellent for lazy Sunday mornings. I love the fact that it doesn't take up as much counter space as the other one does. The waffle iron needed just a very light spray of non stick oil to make them perfectly easy to remove. The iron also warmed up quickly and cooked the waffles just the way I like them, crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. I don't know if I would have purchased his one for myself because I have a large family but, I am really glad that I have it. On the weekends when others are sleeping in, this is the perfect kitchen aid to do the job. I absolutely love it and would definitely recommend it to even the non - cooking type. It really is that easy - with operation and everything else.

Love it.

Settings/Features
Super easy, quick to use

I was a tiny bit concerned here.

Seems very sturdy so far

• Settings/Features:

makes perfect waffles every time!

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

I've made waffles in this maker SO many times, and each time they turn out great. They are cooked evenly all the time and rarely stick to the top if you use a PAM Spray. It takes only a few minutes, and then you have the waffles! Great for kids who get antsy easily and want food fast. Also, so much better than buying ego waffles. I've had other waffles makers before, but this one is the easiest to use.

• Settings/Features:

Don't let the picture on the box fool you!

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

I received this Proctor Silex 26500 Morning Waffle Iron as a gift for my birthday and was so excited to make my hungry family some waffles from scratch my enthusiasm soon changed to disappointment when I decided to use it.
This waffle iron never gets hot enough to make the waffle golden brown, the amount of time it takes for the "Ready" light to come on is well over 5 minutes. When the ready light finally comes on and you open it, you will find a waffle that was not cooked thoroughly nor was it golden brown as shown on their box. I was very disappointed because my family all wanted waffles, we ended up going out to eat at our favorite waffle house instead! I have no idea where this was purchased other wise I would have returned it. Save yourself the frustration and do not buy this waffle iron, it is the worst ever!

Proctor Silex Waffle Iron Easy to Use, but Flimsy in Build

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

We received this waffle maker as a wedding gift. We have had it for over a year and have been very pleased with its performance. It is very easy to use with an indicator light letting you know when the waffle itself is cooked. The light, however, sometimes seems to take a few seconds to transition to cooking once the lid is closed, and the light itself is dim, so sometimes it is not a good representation of if the waffle is actually done or not.

The waffle maker is somewhat difficult to clean. I suppose all waffle irons are this way, but it is hard to get all the residual waffle batter out of the waffle iron that was once stuck there. I have had to try a variety of scrubbing pads to find the right one that will remove the residue and not scratch the waffle iron. The other problem I had with this waffle maker is the body. The cover of the waffle iron is made of somewhat flimsy plastic, despite what it looks like. If you drop it or bump it on anything it cracks or chips. Mine finally broke so that the electrical components inside were accessible, so I had to throw it away.

Nice Waffle Maker

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

Nice, easy to use waffle maker. Plug it in, let it heat up, pour your batter in and 3ish minutes later you have a waffle! I like that this doesn't get very hot to the touch so you're able to touch it during cooking. It takes roughly 1/3c batter so nothing oozes out the sides, but the whole waffle actually gets made and you don't have any rogue corners not filled in.

Easy to use, cooks quickly, bakes up fluffy and evenly.

Settings/Features
No extra bells and whistles on this guy. It's very simple to use.

If you use a little bit of nonstick spray, or coat it with some oil prior to making waffles, clean up is a breeze. It's nonstick so it's easy anyway, but I find that the addition of non-stick spray really helps so all you have to do is just wet a rag and wipe it down after it's cooled off.

Can't get much easier!

I've had my waffle maker roughly 5 years, as it was a wedding present. We use ours every Sunday morning and haven't had any problems at all!

The BEST Waffles!

from Newport Beach, CA

Comments about Proctor Silex Morning Baker Waffle Iron:

This waffle maker is amazing! Before purchasing it I had no idea how easy it was to make the best, most delicious, fluffiest waffles ever at home. It is literally so easy. I mix up my favorite pancake batter, like normal, and instead of pouring it into a frying pan, I spray some pam on my waffle maker & pour the mixture in. The device lets you know when it is perfectly cooked & you just pop it open & serve it up. It heats up pretty quickly, so you don't have to wait along time to start making your waffles. It also doesn't take super long to cook the waffles, so while you can only make one at a time, you can crank out breakfast for your family relatively quickly! The problem is that these waffles are so good that as soon as one comes out, it is usually eaten immediately & everyone always wants more. Make extra batter! It is easy to clean if you clean any baked on bits right away before the device cools. Once it is cool I usually just wipe it down really well, dry it & put it away. It is a compact size too, not monstrous like the waffle makers that flip.