4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Proactiv is life saving!

Ever since I was younger I've ALWAYS had issues with acne. Just before middle school I became trouble with the annoying byproduct of teen-dom, acne. I soon began searching for every possible cure to my issue. I belief within the first year I bough every product possible to try and reduce the severity of my skin condition but nothing seemed to have an affect. I used lotions, cleansers, astringents, pore cleansing strips and many falsely advertised products so when a proactiv infomercial played one night, I thought it was a joke but I was still willing to try anything to solve my issue. We immediately bough the three step system and began using it faithfully overnight. ***Within a week I had a nearly flawless perfection! I even tested each part of the system and they all help regardless of which you use but the repairing lotion was a God send. It's the actual part of the system that fights the acne both future and present and I use it faithfully to this day! But Proactiv, you'll love it... I obviously still do! =D***

My towels have bleach spots now!

I purchased this lotion because of a good new customer promotional offer and I thought it would help with some mild acne that I have had.   The product arrived shortly after I ordered and I was excited to use it and try to clear up some of my mild acne.  Unfortunately there is not a big warning label on the product telling you that it will bleach out any towels or washcloths that come in contact with it.  I found this out the hard way.  I applied the repair lotion on my face at night.  Then I rinsed my hands with water and dried them on my towel. The next morning I found that the color in my towels had bleached out!  Now I am left with spotty towels and a product I am very cautious with because I know it must contain some pretty harsh chemicals to bleach out towels so quickly.  I do use it whenever I have an acne break-out.  However, I am diligent at thoroughly washing my hands with soap and water before I touch any towels.  It seems to clear up some of my acne but I will no longer purchase this acne treatment.

This was overall an ok product for me, not outstanding.

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

Although I really liked the product itself, it barely made a difference to my cystic adult acne. My skin was left clean, but that's about it. I guess my case was so extreme, I really needed something more extreme.

Even though my skin was left squeaky clean, I saw no real effects on my adult acne.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply and the instructions given very straight forward to follow.

Convenience
As somebody who's accustomed to using many skincare products, this product presented no problems in terms of convenience.

Side Effects
I can quite honestly say I didn't see any side effects whatsoever. Before buying the product, I read that it could be very drying, bleach skin and cause photo sensitivity due to the Benzoyl Peroxide. I was very worried about this, but as it turns out, none of this happened to me. I can only attribute it to my skin being very greasy. I also made sure I always wore sunscreen for protection, absolutely imperative!

Keeps your skin moisturized

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

I used to use all Proactiv Products for acne treatment, and following application of those products I would use the Proactiv Repairing Lotion. This lotion helped keep my skin moisturized, especially after using products that tend to dry out your skin. There wasn't a noticeable scent with this lotion, so it would not compete with other lotions or perfumes.

Although I liked this product when I used it, I decided to stop using it because I'm not a fan of using chemicals in face washes and lotions. For that reason, I switched to a natural face cleaning regimen. If you aren't concerned about chemicals, this is an affordable option.

Ease of Application
This lotion is very easy to use. All you have to do is apply it to your face after your normal cleansing routine. You can put your makeup on right over the lotion.

Side Effects
I did not have any side effects from this lotion. I have sensitive skin, but this did not cause any bad side effects.

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

Proactiv is the absolute best product I've ever used for my acne problem. It's a three step process, so it's difficult to comment on the repairing lotion as an individual item. But if I ought to comment only on the repairing lotion I would say that it definitely does its job in tandem with the other products in the kit. It's very nice feeling on your skin, not too heavy, not greasy, just the perfect composition. Proactiv on the whole is also very affordable compared to a lot of other acne products on the market.

Great for ingrown hairs

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

I am an older gentleman. I use this cream to loosen up ingrown hairs. I had a friend recommend I try this and I am very thankful. It's very quick. Within 2 days, I was experiencing smoother skin and less irritation from the ingrown hairs. I highly recommend anyone with a similar problem to try this product.

• Immediacy:

This is my favorite part.

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

Iv'e used the Proactiv products on and off again for a few years and I love it. I use this to spot treat breakouts and it is great. Works really quickly. Sometimes I use higher BP, but this most of the time works great. I would never use it as a lotion, my skin is not that bad and would dry out like crazy. Plus The Repairing Treatment BURNS. Do not use too much, you will turn into a lobster and/or your face will feel like it is melting off. But for the miscellaneous blemish, this is great. The smell is bad, but I don't care. What works works, and this works. However, their customer service is the worst in the world. They are the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with. Once, I tied to change my address with them, and it took months. I mean, I don't even pretend to know the inter workings of the company, but it was just an address how hard can it be. You must have a lot of patience if you are going to order and have an account with them.

• Immediacy:

The best acne product that has ever happened to me!

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

After countless trips to the dermatologist and many failed anti-acne prescriptions, I decided to try Proactiv's Repairing Lotion. Many of my friends had recommended it to me, so I figured why not! After I wash my face, I apply a pea-size amount, and that is all it takes for WOW skin! Any skin flare-ups are immediately stopped in their tracks with this stuff. At first my skin was a little dry in response to the lotion, but after a week that cleared up. I don't need to wear makeup anymore! I still do, of course, hehe. This product is definitely worth every penny. One bottle usually lasts me two to three months. I don't even have to use it every day! But I do see the best results when I use it at least once a day, like before bed. Everyone noticed a difference. You absolutely do have to be careful when going out in the sun, however, as this product definitely makes your skin wayyy more sensitive to the sun's harmful rays! But we all know that we shoulddd be wearing sunscreen! If you're thinking about trying this repairing lotion, do not hesitate. In fact, all of Proactiv's products are excellent. But, if you absolutely have to choose just one, this is definitely it! Look forward to clearer, brighter, skin! You will be looking forward to recommending it to all of your friends!

• Immediacy:

this is the only product in the line that works

from Raynham, MA

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

overnight zit blaster is here. It is sensitive to the skin when it is put on and a couple of hours later the zit is gone. When ordering the product it comes with others but this one in itself is the only one that actually makes any difference in clearing the skin

great at clearing bacteria

I think it helped.

from Lothian, MD

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

I used Proactive for YEARS to help with my acne. I was trying product after product and this had the best result so far, though not great. Turned out it was actually genetic so it wasn't treating the underlying cause and i had to go to a dermatologist.

This lotion though did help take care of some of my red spots, but more acne would eventually pop back up and produce more red spots so it was a constant battle.

I actually developed a sensitivity to benzoyl peroxide after using stronger kits like these, and when I came back to this, it burned to put on my face, so I had to stop using it alltogher. One day, my face was on fire and burned, even though it wasn't inflamed. I could feel it and it wasn't comfortable. So beware that you could establish a sensitivity to benzyol peroxide.

Overall the lotion went on smooth and easy. Didn't smell awesome or anything, smelled kinda chemically.

• Immediacy:

One of the best zit creams on the market today

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

I receive the Proactiv Repairing Lotion as a part of the 3 piece kit. I switched out the toner for the refining mask, but kept the Repair Lotion and the Exfoliating cleanser. A lot of the time I'll use Olay's exfoliating cleanser instead of the Proactiv but I almost always follow it up with this Repair lotion.
It just works.
I never imagined that at 33 years old I would still be fighting breakouts, but here I am and they're still an issue for me.
I like this lotion because its gentle enough to use multiple times each day. I put it on in the morning before I apply any makeup and at night after washing my face. I like using it before makeup because it feels like I'm shielding my skin from all the stuff I'm about to cover it in.

I've tried many, many different zit creams, lotions and gels and this is by far my favorite.

Convenience
It goes on clear, so it can be used during the day, under makeup easily.

Side Effects
I have not had any ill effects from the Repair Lotion. It hasn't dried out my skin at all.

Immediacy
The Proactiv Repair Lotion works very quickly. Putting it on at night, I can see a visible difference in the morning.

Proactiv Repairing Lotion Step 3

from Pennsauken, NJ

Comments about Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

There are not many products out there that I can honestly say that I cannot live without. Well, this is one of those my friends. One of my friends started using Proactiv on her skin and recommended it to me. She was signed up with Proactiv's auto-ship program. Sometimes she wouldn't be finished with her previous month's supply when her new shipment arrived. So, she would give the remainder to me. I tried steps 1, 2 and 3. Step three, the Repairing Lotion, is my favorite hands down. Even though I am in my late thirties, I am still prone to breakouts due my very sensitive skin. When I notice a blemish, I put this lotion on it. When I wake up, it is usually gone. I have now started buying my own supply.