Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

Pros

Cons

Best acne-controlling moisturizer!

Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturizer is like a God-send for me. I have really oily, acne-prone skin, so I am always really hesitant to try new moisturizers, since they tend to make my oily skin even worse. This product is so great. It not only moisturizes my skin, but it does not give it a greasy, oily feel, and it also helps clear up my acne. It is a win-win! I have used other products in the past that moisturized my skin, but left it feeling oily and really made my acne worse, and I have used moisturizers that contained acne-fighting ingredients that helped my acne, but didn't do a great job moisturizing my skin. Even though my skin is very oily, I still need a moisturizer to ensure that it is balanced and not overproducing oil to compensate for dryness. I use this product every morning after using a cleanser and astringent. It really goes well with the rest of my skin care regimen.

Another thing that I really like about this product is that it works with my makeup rather than against it. After just one day of using it, I noticed that my makeup glided on much smoother instead of just sliding off like it does when my skin is oily, or flaking like it does when my skin is too dry. I recommend this for everyone!

Pretty good

This stuff works okay. It made my skin feel nice. It made my skin smooth, and helped the general texture. It did not make me break out at all. As far as moisturizing, it isn't the best. You could definitely find something better to use. For someone on a budget it is well worth the money. It is a bit thin, so you have to put quite a bit on. It didn't really seem to have a scent to me, so maybe it is just a light scent. I have very sensitive skin, and this did not bother my skin at all. So I would highly recommend this for someone with sensitive skin. This product does not seem to last very long on skin either. It seems like it wears off with in a few hours, so re-applying during the day is usually needed. Over all I would say if you are on a budget, it is worth the buy. But if you can afford something better, spend the extra money on something more worth while. This is not one of the best products for this brand.

It doesn't really do much other than make your skin smooth.

Ease of Application
Use your fingers to apply, easy as that.

Convenience
It takes about five seconds to put on.

Side Effects
No side effects for me

Immediacy
Does not show immediate effects.

Clear clean mosturizer that does not make skin feel oily

from Canton, OH

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

Like how it feels, doesn't leave skin feeling oily. Works well for under make up. Nice, light lotion. No fragrance. No extra ingredients. Doesn't clog pores. Doesn't cause shiny skin.

It moisturizes your skin without clogging pores. Works quickly and very effectively. It also has acne fighting medication but does not dry out your skin. Leaves it feeling moisturized, soft, smooth.

Ease of Application
Pump top makes it very easy to dispense. Non oily/greasy formula. It goes on smoothly, not runny, not too thick.

Convenience
Very convenient, pump top, small bottle, easy to throw in your purse or luggage. The locking pump also makes traveling with it easy as well.

Side Effects
None, besides softer skin. Does not dry out your skin, helps clear up acne. Also works well under make up, liquid or powder.

Immediacy
Immediately makes it easier to put makeup on skin that was too dry to apply makeup. Allows it to go on smoothly, stays fresh looking.

• Immediacy:

A product that my entire group of friends uses.

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

I love this moisturizer and so does nearly everyone I know. All my girl-friends use it, one religiously, and it's never failed us yet. It shouldn't be used as just an acne treatment, but using it as just a moisturizer makes the acne treatment a great side effect.

It's extremely effective at what it claims to do - moisturize with a slight cleansing side. It works from the inside and cleans your pores while it moisturizes your skin, and it makes you feel like you're saving time doing two in one.

Ease of Application
Extremely easy to apply after showering or washing your face. It ends your face regimen with a nice lotion while continuing it for the entire day by fighting acne. It's a must for smooth skin without bumps or new pimples all day.

Convenience
The only thing about this is that you have to be careful when mixing it with make-up. It has to dry extremely well first, and even then it isn't too advisable. It's best for a moisturizer in the morning if you're not going out and don't need make-up, but if you do, it works great before bed.

• Immediacy:

Made my face really oily

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

I have used Clean and Clear cleaners on my face and they have helped with acne problems. I thought this product would work just as well, but I was mistaken. It made my face feel really oil and would not absorb well. I felt like it was promoting acne since my pores were clogging from excess oil. I tried using this in the evenings only, but it would still cause my skin to be very oily. I would not recommend this for people that are suffering from excess oily and acne problems.

This product did not work as well as other Clean and Clear products. It did not absorb well into my skin.

Ease of Application
It was very easy to use, and the bottle is designed for easy use.

Side Effects
This products caused my pores to clog and my face to produce excess oil. I saw more breakouts when I was using this product in the morning and night.

Immediacy
I did not see any immediate results with this product at all. I only used it for a few weeks.

• Immediacy:

Love this for wearing under makeup and preventing breakouts

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

This is one of my favorite moisturizers to wear under my makeup. It has a slight cooling feeling, which I find to be very comfortable. It does have a slight medicine-like scent, but I'm not bothered by it; it's nothing that other people will be able to smell on you.

Overall, I really enjoy using this product. It keeps my makeup on longer than any other moisturizer, it makes my skin feel slightly cool, and it helps prevent future breakouts.

Convenience
This moisturizer is packaged perfectly, which I love! It comes with a pump that can be locked by twisting it. The product comes out easily from the pump.

Side Effects
This product helped me protect myself from future breakouts. It creates a layer between my skin and my makeup which helps me avoid getting clogged pours.

Immediacy
This product isn't a miracle worker. I didn't see my acne disappearing after one use, but with continuous use, it does help to kill pimples and to prevent new ones from forming.

Basic moisturizer

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

The bottle is really cute and has a convenient pump. It's kind of on the expensive side for a drugstore moisturizer, but it's alright. One or two pumps and you're good to go. It lasts me a couple months, so there's a good amount of product. This is an okay basic moisturizer. I have dry spots on my face that peel and this hydrates them enough so that I can leave the house. It gives a slight cooling sensation that most moisturizers do. It makes my skin feel baby soft. I use it on my face and neck after I workout then cleanse, which is a couple times a week. It makes me feel refreshed. I don't like this enough to repurchase because I've used much better products than this. I can picture this working great for someone with oily skin because the moisture isn't too much. It gives a matte finish, and I much prefer dewy. My foundation doesn't go that smooth over it, but it's fine for days I go bare-faced.

Doesn't moisturize well.

• Immediacy:

Oily Skin + Dry Skin = What???

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

Alright ladies (and dudes), listen up. I've got some weird skin. If I shower in the morning, it's painfully dry for a few hours. Like, it's flaking and it's horrible and itchy and unattractive and an all around no. If I shower at night/a few hours into the day, my skin becomes more oily than an active oil rig. I done know HOW but this moisturizer performs some crazy miracle in which it makes the dryness go away (as moisturizer does) AND it holds off the oiliness. I don't know how it does it, but it's great.

It makes my skin happy. It's not heavy and doesn't feel like I'm actually wearing something on my face, which is great.

Ease of Application
One pump onto your finger tips, dot your face, rub it in. That easy. They couldn't make it any more simple. And it doesn't leave a weird residue on your hands, nor does it take 8 years to massage into your skin. It takes maybe 30 seconds.

Convenience
I mean I don't see how it could me more convenient. I like that it locks so I can throw it in my purse if it's gonna be a long day and I actually care about the appearance of my face.

Side Effects
I haven't encountered any, but everyone's skin reacts differently to products depending on what's in it, so. Keep that in mind munchkins.

Immediacy
My skin feels wonderful immediately after I put it one. The dryness goes away and it just feels great and wonderful and wow.

• Immediacy:

Amazing effective moisturizer for sensitive acne prone skin

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

I have adult acne and very sensitive, fair skin. The acne started with puberty like it does for most people, and it used to be a lot worse. It was difficult to manage because many acne medications irritated and inflamed my pale skin, leaving my complexion even blotchier than before. I discovered this product as a young adult, after reading about moisturizers meant for those with my skin type on a blog. I love this product and have used it ever since. It is the best acne treatment I have ever used, and I have tried them all. It is also the best facial moisturizer I have found and the first I have been able to use regularly without negative side effects. The lotion is light and easy to apply, fairly quick to absorb. I recommend it to those with acne but not those with dry skin and no acne, because it does dry normal skin out, as I have learned when people without pimples borrow it. Mild scent, neither pleasant or unpleasant. The bottle isn't cheap but it lasts a long time for its relatively small size. It has gotten easy to find and is available at most drug stores.

Great Multi-purpose product

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

I use this product twice a day, once after washing my face in the evening and again in the morning before applying my makeup. It serves well as a lotion but also almost as a primer or based for my makeup which goes on much more smoothly and seems to last longer than putting it on without. Doesn't dry out your skin like other similar products.

• Immediacy:

Moisturizer and acne fighter duo

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

This is a moisturizer and an acne fighter duo that really works. I will never buy another moisturizer again. It contains the ingredient Salicylic Acid 0.5%, which is the ingredient that is used in a lot of acne facial scrubs. So if I had a long day I'll wipe my makeup off which a makeup wipe and put some of this on my face and I wont even move from bed and my face is still getting treated for acne. I love it

This product is so great because I can go a week without washing my face with an acne scrub and as long as I use this my face pretty much stays clear. I get the occasional pimple (mainly around the time of the month) but as long as I am using this my face stays pretty much clear. It's great cause your face also feels soft and smooth. It makes your face feel refreshed.

Ease of Application
The liquid is just right, it's not to thick and not to thin. It provides all over application and drys fast and leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh.

Convenience
Big things come in small packages. The bottle fits right in my purse for on the go and in the bathroom, doesn't take up to much space. A little goes a long way because you really don't need to use much of this stuff. One bottle last me about 2 months.

Side Effects
I personally have not had any. But the ingredient in this moisturizer can cause your face to become red, itchy, inflamed, burning, especially if you have sensitive skin. If you experience any of these it's recommended to discontinue use and possibly contact your dermatologist or doctor if more severe symptoms occur.

Immediacy
It instantly soaks into your skin leaving you feeling like you have a clean face (even if you have makeup on)!

• Immediacy:

Good lotion but not the best.

Comments about Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

I am really into skin care and have really oily skin. I am a huge believer in moisturizer and what it can do for your skin. I purchased this because I knew Clean and Clear was popular for clearing up breakouts. The moisturizer comes in a pump bottle. I found that it often clogged up around the top of the bottle if I didn't wipe it out after each use. The lotion did a good job of moisturizing my skin but it didn't do much for the oil and breakouts. It is a good lotion but I wouldn't buy it again.

The moisturizer was great on my skin. It just didn't help with the oils and the breakouts the way I expected it to. I found that other brands did this better.

Ease of Application
The application was easy to do. Press the pump and it comes out. However, I had to clean the pump after each use to prevent it from clogging up.

Convenience
The lotion is convenient to use in the morning and at night. I used it twice a day. I balanced it with a stronger moisturizer in the winter months.

Side Effects
I didn't experience any side effects with this.

Immediacy
It didn't do much in clearing up my skin.