Other General Household Cleaners:
Pine-Sol
Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents)

Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents)

Pros

Cons

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Quality oriented (3)
    • Personal (3)

I love the fresh clean smell of Lemon PIne-Sol

Lemon Pine-Sol is the best cleaner on the market for a home.  From diaper pails to doggy odors to kitty litter boxes, Lemon PIne-Sol sure does a great job of making my house smell clean.  It leaves a nice fresh, spring-like fragrance after use.  Since I hate wearing latex gloves for very long, I can put my hands in hot Lemon Pine-Sol water and not have to worry about breaking out in a contact dermatitis rash after I get done cleaning my house.

I was kind of shocked that Pine-Sol isn't great - a lot of hype!

Wow, I was really kind of shocked at how much I didn't like Pine-Sol Scented Liquid Floor Cleaner. It's been around forever, it comes in all sorts of scents and seems to be a blockbuster seller; I'm not sure what all the hype has been about though.

Recently a friend told me about Pine-Sol and was surprised that I had never tried it. My mother never used Pine-Sol and I have only smelled this cleaner on occasion when I would be at a friend's house or out about at a few different restaurants. So when my pal said I should try Pine-Sol I thought, sure - why not? Eh, should have asked myself WHY?

First, the advertising is GREAT for** Pine-Sol **- I've always thought about trying it just because all of the wonderfully witty ads I've seen over the years on television. In the commercials the folks always are delighted by the cleaning power of Pine-Sol and how wonderful it smells. I must be in the minority, because I could not stand the scent. It was so over powering that I got an instant headache; granted I am scent sensitive but this is as strong as anything I've ever smelled before; it reminded me of the intensity of ammonia.

I used Pine-Sol as directed and it seemed like it would be a great cleaner. But it seemed to leave a weird, sticky, tacky film on my floor; this is not how I want my floors to feel, I want them to feel clean and like NOTHING is there. So even if I could get past the horrendous scent, I'd never be able to get passed how icky my floors feel under my bare feet after using Pine-Sol.

It was so over powering that I got an instant headache; granted I am scent sensitive but this is as strong as anything I've ever smelled before; it reminded me of the intensity of ammonia. It also reminded me of the outhouses when I use to go to Girl Scout camp. Not a great scent - and overpowering.

Change it back!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

The new scent of the original Pine Sol is TERRIBLE! I have been a loyal customer of Original Pine Sol for over 30 years- saying that the "new" formula is the Original scent is false advertising- PLEASE bring back the great fresh pine scent! The only think you are accomplishing by this change is losing more & more customers- do you want that?! BAD DECISION!

• Personal

Bring back the original Original Scent!!

from Florida

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Multi-Use

Cons

• Lostt That Pleasant Odor

• Bathroom
  • Kitchen

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

I am very disappointed that the beautiful scent and strength that Original Pine Sol had is lost. I might as well use the knock off brand for a dollar! I hope that they would come to their senses quickly!

Pine Sol Original Scent

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

Pine Sol has recently changed the scent of the original Pine Sol and I hate it. Not sure why they changed it in the first place, but I will not buy anymore unless they change it back. As the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

pine scented pinesol cleaner

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

Somehow it seems that the composition was changed. Not the same product that my family has been using for three generations. It used to cloud and you knew there was enough product. A little went a long way. Now I have to use double the product and the scent is weak I bought a 100oz bottle and paid good money and it is almost gone and I have only had it for two weeks. I had an old 64oz bottle and it almost lasted about over a month. Not happy!

Not as effective as the old formula.

Miss the good ol strong pine scent. You could count that it was working. Now it is just weak and just smells just like a generic pine cleaner. For those that say it is to strong, just use less product and dilute it. the old formula of course!!

I am not a fan of this product!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

I used to use Pine-Sol a lot when I would clean houses. I will say that it is a tough cleaner and does work on many surfaces and areas. I used this the most on floors and in bathrooms. The scent of this product is way too overpowering. I hated cleaning smaller bathrooms with this because I felt like I was just breathing in all these horrible fumes. Later I found out that this a big chemical product. It even has warnings about breathing this in on the bottle. I had to hide this where kids couldn't find it because it definitely wasn't safe. It may work for cleaning, but it wasn't worth it for me.

It does clean well. It works hard on grease, grime, dirt and other things. I just didn't like all the fumes and chemicals that I was breathing in. I switched to other cleaners that weren't as harmful and worked just as well.

The scent of this product is horrible! It is so overpowering! I couldn't take it after awhile.

This cleaner works for all my floor cleaning needs.

from West Virginia

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

This cleaner is great for all types of floors but the scent is a bit harsh. I prefer to add slightly less product than recommended because I like a gentle clean and a soft smell.
I can use this cleanser on all my different types of flooring. When I use it on my linoleum and vinyl flooring, I get a good sparkling clean without any residue left behind. When I use this on my wood floors, I don't get as much luster to the wood grain as I would like but I have clean floors that aren't slick. This cleaner is very versatile and I can use it on my wood, tile, or vinyl without any damage.

If I use a deck brush on my floors, this cleaner pulls up everything off of the floor. It even gets crayon and marker stains off the floor.

This is good for my stove top too. I like to spritz a little on my range to help remove the grease and crud that cakes on after a week of cooking.

The pros of this is that it helps all my floor surfaces and doesn't leave them slick or greasy.

The major con of this product is the smell. It is too harsh and unnatural.

This cleaner does a pretty good job of cleaning the floors but you do have to scrub some to get it to pick up the hard stuff.

It's harsh and too strong. It's just not pleasant for me.

A name that has been around for many years!

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

Pine Sol is a product that many of us have grown up with. I can clearly recall coming home from school and knowing that mom just washed the floor because of the distinct smell of Pine Sol. I think for many years this was the top of the line product because it works so well. It is a great all purpose cleaner. I think they are trying to update their image by adding the newer scents, but probably nothing brings back memories of childhood like the plain old pine sol scent. I personally do not care for the smell of Pine Sol, so I do not currently use this even though I know it is a quality product. I have tried some of the newer scents, lavender is usually my fragrance of choice in cleaners, but even the lavender Pine Sol did not personally appeal to me scent wise even though it did do a terrific cleaning job.

This is a product that has stood the test of time, it WORKS, and it works great.

I just don't care for the smell of this.

Pine Sol is a great floor cleaner.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

I have yet to find a floor cleaner for my kitchen that works as well as Pine Sol. I have linoleum on the kitchen floor in my apartment and Pine Sol really gets the floor incredibly clean. I think it looks almost brand new after I am done washing it. The linoleum is shiny and every speck of dirt is gone. I like that Pine Sol offers a lot of different scents for me to choose from. I can decide what mood I am in when I am at the store, then I can use that wonderful scented cleaner at home and enjoy it immensely. I do need to use a lot in the water to get the floor clean, so the bottle lasts me a long time. That makes the value go up for me. Also, the price for the whole bottle is reasonable and I am definitely willing to spend the money for such a good product. Pine Sol is definitely a name that I can trust and I will continue to use their products for a very long time. I would recommend this product if you are looking for a great floor cleaner for a very acceptable price.

Old fashioned product that smells great.

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

This product has been around for a long time and it shows. I have not been that impressed with this product when I have used it to clean. Speaking just about the original pine scented version I will say it has a very good smell. I can remember the smell of pine sol from as far back as I remember. The reason I do not think that this product works that well is because for one it is very inconvenient and time consuming. You have to mix it in the bucket mop and then rinse the floor with clean water. If you do not rinse it will leave a film on your tile or linoleum. I also do not think it works as well as some of the newer products that are available. I would only recommend this product for people who do not mind the extra work and love the smell of pine.

I do not think this product works that well. It seems to leave a film on your floor and you need to go over it with rinse water a few times to remove it. If you wipe the floor with a damp rag after you mop with pine sol it will still have some dirt on it.

I personally like the smell of pine sol. It has a unique smell that any body who has ever used this product will immediately recognized. It is the sort of smell you either love or hate.

You can't go wrong with Pine-sol All Purpose Cleaner

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner (All Scents):

Pine-sol All Purpose Cleaner is a highly recommended brand in my family. My Mother used it when I was a kid and I can remember loving the clean smell that was in the house and if you went anywhere and they were using Pine-sol, you could always tell and recognize the scent. This was the first cleaner I purchased when I moved into my own place and it still is the one I purchase today for a all purpose cleaner. I have used Pine-sol as my trusted cleaner for the floor and I always put some in a spray bottle and clean almost anything. I clean my kitchen and the bathroom and I mop all of my floors with this cleaner. I also use it as a disinfectant. It kills bad germs and keeps everything extra clean. The scent of all of Pine-sols different scents is great. They all smell great. My favorite of course is the lemon scented one, that's the one I use most.

Pine-sol all purpose cleaner performs great. It's the one cleaner that always does the job and keeps it done.

All the scents of Pine-sol are amazing. My favorite is the lemon scented one. But I have tried them all and loved them.