Other Frozen Foods:
Pillsbury
Pillsbury Toaster Strudel

Pillsbury Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel pastries are delicious breakfast treats!

In 1985, the same year that I became a college freshman at my local community college, Pillsbury introduced a new line of breakfast pastries called **Toaster Strudel**.

Intended to...Read complete review

Intended to compete directly with Kellogg's **Pop Tarts**, Pillsbury's **Toaster Strudel** pastries differ from the "rival" toaster-heated product in more than just packaging and name.

First, while both products have different fillings - some fruit-flavored, some not -and are heated in either toasters or toaster ovens, **Pop Tarts **are found in the same breakfast foods aisles as cereals in supermarkets, while **Toaster Strudel **products are located in the frozen foods department.

Second, where **Pop Tarts **are made of a thin, prebaked crust thatcan be eaten either heated or "out-of-the-package" without warming, **Toaster Strudel **pastries have a flaky crust that needs to be warmed in a toaster or a toaster oven (but not a microwave!) before it can be consumed.

Additionally, each 6-pastry box comes with packets of sugar-based icing that can be added to the **Toaster Strudel **before serving.

As this is being written, Pillsbury offers the following **Toaster Strudel **varieties:

- Apple Cream Danish

- Wildberry

- Blueberry

- Cream Cheese and Raspberry

- Cinnamon Roll

**My Viewpoint:** I grew up on Kellogg's **Pop Tarts**- they've been around since they were introduced 48 years ago as "Country Squares" - and I still like them, but ever since I first tasted Pillsbury's **Toaster Strudel **pastries several years ago, I find that they taste much better (probably because the crust is flaky and has to be warmed).

I have not tried all the varieties, of course, but the ones I have tried have always tasted great. My favorite flavors are Apple, Blueberry and Danish Style Cream Cheese. One **Toaster Strudel **and two cups of coffee are a great way to start my mornings. and if I can get my favorites, even better!

Until recently, the only issue I had with this product was with the icing packets. When I first started buying or preparing **Toaster Strudel **pastries, separating the icing packets from one another was a hassle. There were no perforations on the packet edges, so if you tried to tear one packet away from the others, you ran the risk of either tearing the side of the packet you wanted or ripping the other one open prematurely.

You could, of course, cut the packets away with scissors, and that was fine for adults, but kids who wanted to heat **Toaster Strudel **pastries and put icing on them had to either be careful with scissors or ask grown ups for assistance.

The latest packages of **Toaster Strudel **indicate to me that someone must have complained to Pillsbury about this; the icing packets now have perforated sides and top edges that require only careful tugging to separate one from the others, as well as to open the packet's "icing dispenser tip."

You may as well poison us all

I'm pregnant, and I was really craving a Toaster Strudel. Then I read the ingredients. High Fructose Corn Syrup! Are you trying to kill my baby?! I will NEVER buy your products until you start to care about your customers health.

A great breakfast for all ages.

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

The Sausage and Eggs scramblers are great. My husband eats them every week.
They are a hard product to find. We tried in several stores and most of them don't carry the egg scramblers. They can be heated right in the microwave. And they are great for people who have no teeth, they come out nice and soft.

Super tasty and filling.

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

I love Pillsbury Toaster Strudels! They are so much tastier than poptarts and other breakfast pastries. There is a lot more filling in the Toaster Strudels than in poptarts. The Toaster Strudels have a more fresh baked texture to the outside. And the cream cheese icing that you drizzle on top makes these irresistible. Very tasty! The only downfall to the cream cheese icing on top is that it makes it a little messy to eat on the go. If you accidentally drop it and it falls upside down, you've got a mess to clean up for sure. I like to keep these on hand in the freezer for quick breakfasts, snacks, or as desserts. They cook up quickly in the toaster with ease. The price is reasonable and these can be found at most grocery stores. There are several different flavors available. My favorites are the ones with the fruit and cream cheese together. Simply delicious and filling.

The best quick breakfast out there!

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

These Pillsbury Toaster Strudels are delicious, and easy to make. They come in a variety of different flavors from raspberry to apple, and have an icing packet included for each one that you can spread on top after they finish toasting. These toaster strudels don't always cook always through and are cold sometimes in the center, so I always microwave mine for a few seconds prior to toasting them. These make a good snack after school for kids, but are pretty high in sugar!

Delicious and Fun!

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

Pillsbury Toaster Strudels are very tasty. The outside crust is very flakey and delicious. The inside filling is also very good. The flavor that I enjoy the best is strawberry. The filling tastes as great as the filling inside a jelly doughnut, which I think tastes better in the Pillsbury Toaster Strudel because it is warm. The frosting packets also make this breakfast really fun! I still like to draw cool designs on mine! I also really enjoy making them for someone else and drawing them a silly picture.

Flakiest, yummiest breakfast snack I have come across in awhile!

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

These have become a staple in my freezer. I have been buying them since there were only the two basic flavors, but now there are a whole array of different strudels. I love the raspberry and cherry the best. The crust is always so buttery and flaky. The frosting that comes with melts on the top creating just enough sweetness to go with the fruit. My boys are also very fond of the scrambled egg breakfast strudels. These are perfect for those busy mornings when I just need to get them out of the door. Downside is they can be kind of messy and give me something to clean up later, but it is worth it. I also love that you can find them on sale quite often. I was put off at first by their higher price when just perusing the frozen isles but I find them on sale often enough to keep them stocked for my family of four at all times. Their are also a whole line of flavors that make the perfect light after dinner snack! Closest thing to a hot chocolate croissant at a restaurant. Move over pop-tarts!

FUN, but Unhealthy...

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

For an occasional treat, toaster strudels are a super fun breakfast or snack. Being able to ice your own strudel is great for kids, and the pouch of icing is small enough that it doesn't make a huge mess. There is very little in these strudels that is beneficial, but the sugar content is not ridiculously high (9 grams, versus 2 tablespoons nutella that has twice as much...). Not the worst option, but definitely should stay on the "occasional" list.

Pillsbury Toaster Strudel - Strudel Heaven!

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

Pillsbury Toaster Strudels are a firm family favorite in our house. Before I discovered this product however, I was a fan of Kellogg's Pop Tarts however my poor son burnt the roof of his mouth too many times on Pop Tarts. What I like about the Pillsbury Toaster Strudel is the little icing package which you have to cut open like a sachet, and then you get to decorate your strudel with all imaginable pictures, snowflakes, faces and words! Whilst this is a wonderful opportunity for all budding Monet's, the real truth is that it gives the Strudel a chance to cool back down to a palatable temperature after heating in the toaster. My seven year old son has a little difficultly opening the icing packet - he manages to swish the icing round the packet but not actually get any out! However, with a quick snip of the scissors and he's good to go. They are quick for on the go but are small enough to be a good snack also. They may not be the healthiest option but there is never any waste so it's good value on my wallet.

Tasty, sweet, and filling quick breakfast

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

These pastries are delicious. The crust is so flaky literally flakes off as you bite into it. Even when my kids turn the toaster up to high and burn it, the crust is great. The fruit filling taste very fresh and each pastry offers a generous amount. The icing packet is more then enough to cover the pastry with a sweet touch. My family favorites are cherry, apple, and wild berry. They now offer a generic brand of these type of pastries but they do not even come close to the quality you get from Pillsbury so do not waste your money. One of these, a banana, and a glass of milk makes a great breakfast on the go.

Terrific Product

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

Toaster Strudels are great tasting, as well as quick and easy to make. They often offer coupons, which helps my budget. Both of my daughters love to eat Toaster Strudels and can easily make them in the mornings, or for a quick snack in the afternoon after school.

good to eat

Comments about Pillsbury Toaster Strudel:

My kids like these and poptarts. The downfall with these is that you have no choice but to toast them and you just can't grab and go when late for the bus, etc. They are a good choice if you want something warm and different flavors. We often use these for desert.