Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

Pros

Cons

Exfoliating Facewash with no excuses

Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash does a great job exfoiliating skin.  I used this every morning in the shower.  It does not have much of a smell, which I was pleasantly surprised after trying several other philosophy products which always seem to have an odd ‘natural’ smell to them.  I am not complaining.  This facial wash does have quite an exfoliating punch to it.  It has many very small particles in it, which might be considered a little sharp for some people with extremely sensitive skin.  They are not like the big apricot seed pieces that I’m used to from my previous face scrub.   Smaller particles with more of an exfoliating punch to them.   I found that this face wash was still gentle enough to use every day during the spring and summer.  I think for the cold harsh winter, I will be looking for something else.  I prefer something that adds a little moisture even when I’m washing my face.  My skin can get very dry in winter.  So I recomend this product to anyone who is looking for serious daily exfoliation (not in a bad way) who doesn't have extremely dry skin.

Not worth the price tag

I love virtually everything Philosophy has to offer. They're a fantastic brand which I wholeheartedly trust with my skincare. Unfortunately, this product just didn't do it for me. For the price, there are much more inexpensive product that will do a better job.

I have a problem with blackheads on my nose, so I often use products that dry out my skin. I expected this product to be able to take away all the flaky skin on my face. Unfortunately, this product hardly made any difference. This surprised me because the exfoliating beads are quite rough and harsh.

After using this product for two washes during the week, I found my skin was getting really dried out. I eventually found out that this product was the culprit. It also made my skin feel really tight and painful if I used it more than two times a week. I found this odd because the product says it can be used daily.

Great exfoliator

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

This is a great product to use for any skin type. I have been using it for a couple of years now. It is very creamy and gentle on the skin when applying and using. I typically use this product every other day to get a good exfoliation, especially when I feel my skin does not feel very clean. It does not have a scent to it, so those that have sensitive skin, this is a great product for you. I have oily skin and I feel that since I started using it, my skin is not as oily as it used to be throughout the day. It has also helped make my pores look smaller than before to. This product gives you a good deep cleansing and leaves your skin feeling very smooth and refreshed. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a great product for exfoliating the skin. It is a little pricey but well worth it.

This product is very effective.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use and apply to skin.

No fragrance.

Gentle and Effective

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

This is a great product for everyone in the family. Men, women and children can all use this equally well. We all use this on our face and bodies in the shower. It is gentle and cleans well. Not harsh that it will abrade the skin. I love it because my hands always have open sores due to my eczema, and this product is gentle enough not to bother my hands. It doesn't burn or sting. Helps in removing heavy duty make up, great for those with acne and preteens who facial skin is changing. It does not bubble of fizz, just deep cleans and washes away without leaving any tight feeling on your skin. Yes, it will bother your eyes if they are sensitive or your get too close to the eye area.

This is a gentle exfoliator for face and body. If you're looking for heavy duty, this isn't it. Gentle enough for young teens to use as well.

Ease of Application
I have a pump bottle of this in every shower of my house. Very easy to dispense with one pump, has a thin consistency, not thick. I do love this, but thicker would probably be better.

Very soft and clean scent.

Amazing!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

This brilliant face wash has become an integral part of my daily beauty routine. I absolutely love this stuff! I purchased a small one ounce bottle on eBay to give it a try and had to go and order a whole large bottle. It just works so well.
It exfoliates but it's still gentle enough that my skin doesn't look red or angry when I'm don't washing my face with this wash. I uses this once a day, most days. I like to switch it up with other face washes occasionally to keep my skin on its toes, so to speak.

This face wash leaves my skin looking soft and beautiful. I have found it to be tremendously effective. My skin breaks out very easily and though this is not specified for acne, I have found it to work to keep my skin clear.

Ease of Application
This is pretty simple to apply. It doesn't lather up like most face washes, bit it still clean extremely well.

I haven't actually noticed any scent from The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash from Philosophy. Like other Philosophy products, it's pretty pure and gentle.

Not worth the price tag

• Ease of Application:

Keeps my skin healthy without getting dried out

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

During the winter months, my skin tends to get really dried out, and I am constantly putting on lotions to moisturize my skin. In order to keep my skin from drying out I decided to use the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. Since I really like Philosophy products, I decided to try this wash.

This exfoliating wash has small beads in it that are used to exfoliate your skin. I typically just get my face a little damp and then massage the wash on my face. I then rinse off the exfoliating wash. This does a great job of making my face feel clean and removing the dry skin from my face.

I tend to have sensitive skin, but this is sensitive enough for daily use. It doesn't cause any redness or skin irritation.

This is a little on the expensive side, but if you buy it on the Philosophy website, you can normally find discounts and get free samples.

This doesn't have a strong scent.

Creates baby soft skin

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

The Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash is one of the best exfoliates I've ever used. The small exfoliating particles are much more gentle on your skin and get a deeper clean without tearing up your skin. When my skin gets too dry or tore up my acne gets worse so I was looking for something like this and have tried many similar products that claim to do the same things but most did not meet the same standards.

My skin is incredibly smooth and clear from acne. I use this 2-3 times per week alone. I use it on my face, neck and upper chest. I do use a moisturizer afterward and a regular non exfoliating wash the other days I wash my face.

Ease of Application
Straight forward application, you put a small pea size amount in your hand and move in a circulating motion over your face and neck with light pressure for 30 to 60 seconds. I use the tips of my middle and ring fingers so I avoid too much pressure on my skin. There is no need for excessive pressure with this product, it really does all the work.

I have many allergies to perfumes and scents, this product does not irritate my skin or nose. I hardly notice any scent at all in all honesty.

Love this stuff!

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

I told my mom I was looking for a microdermabrasion face wash, and she told me she had some of this and wanted me to try it out. I fell in love with it after the first use. It makes my skin so soft, and doesn't irritate it at all! I used to get little rough patches on my chin, and now I no longer do! I love knowing that I'm taking all of the dead skin off, so that my face can feel refreshed and new! I use this about once a week, and also whenever I feel like I need a pick-me-up. I'm so glad my mom introduced me to this product, because I don't think I'll use anything else!

• Ease of Application:

I have been using this for years!

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

I absolutely love the philosophy the micro delivery exfoliating wash. Philosophy products are amazing for your skin. This cleanser exfoliates my skin without drying it out or causing redness. You can use the micro delivery exfoliating wash every day or once a week. I use mine about twice a week. I swear by this product. It made my skins texture improve and it looks very smooth and bright. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Ease of Application:

I LOVE using this with my Clarisonic!

from Sheffield Lake, OH

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

I use this daily with my Clarisonic and is one of the two scrubs I will use. The other is by Murad and it is just as great. Both are pricy but I notice less micro skin tears and irritation with these two brands and my face/neck skin looks SO good!

It's gentle but still exfoliates well, even if I forget to bring my Clarisonic to the shower.

Ease of Application
It's so fine that it doesn't irritate or make my face itch. Also not over-drying and no micro skin tears since I've started using it.

Really pay no attention so it must be a pleasant scent.

• Ease of Application:

Good exfoliator from a good company

from Whiteland, IN

Comments about Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:

I have combination skin -- oily T-zone with sensitive cheeks. While I can't use it every day, it's one of the few scrubs I can use a few times a week.

It does a good job at getting rid of the dead skin without irritating my cheeks too bad. I just concentrate more on my oily T-zone.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to use. I just keep it on one of the shelves in my shower. I put a little on my finger tips and massage in a circular motion.

I really don't even notice the scent, so I don't think it has one. I prefer little to no scent in my facial skin care products.