Other Facial Moisturizers:
Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30

Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30

Falling in Love with Peter Thomas Roth

from Herndon, VA

Comments about Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30:

I had never heard of Peter Thomas Roth products until I received some free sample products at a Hilton Hotel in New York City. So glad I did. I'm loving all the products from this line that I've tried so far.
After trying my free samples, I was hooked, and ordered some more on Amazon. This Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30 was part of an anti-aging kit.
When you apply this product, it has the look and feel of an expensive brand. I've read reviews by lots of "experts" who say that more expensive brands don't work better. I guess I disagree. I find this line superior to over the counter products.
I love the fact that is has SPF 30, so I get the protection, without feeling thick or greasy. It absorbs quickly, skin feels softer, and looks better. Does not cause any breakouts for me. And I have combination skin; not everything works so well for me. The scent is also quite nice, smells like something that would be used in an upscale spa or salon. I feel that way about all the Peter Thomas Roth products. I'd definitely buy this again.

• Ease of Application:

Summer Go To

from Potomac, MD

I have used this as my go to moisturizer in the summer for several years. I have several moisturizers with SPF that I like and I do change with the season. This provides ample moisture and the sunscreen is effective. I know that dermatologists all prefer that we use a sunscreen on top of moisturizers, foundations that include SPF because the effectiveness might not be as high as claimed, but I have forgotten that second layer and gone for long runs on warm, sunny days and the PTR Sheer All Day Max has been enough. It does not clog my pores and I don't find that it runs when I sweat. I wash my face and reapply after outdoor activities or when at the beach because the all day feature might be more applicable when my day includes short time periods outside. And since car windows do let the light in and you can absorb the rays, you need sunscreen. A little goes a long way and I don't find I have to work hard to get it to absorb. Some of the moisturizers with sunscreen really leave a white mask.

No detectable scent as far as I can tell

• Ease of Application:

I love Peter Thomas Roth All Day Lotion

from Westfield, IN

I have suffered from severe dry skin and eczema for several years, and have searched far and wide for a lotion that is both moisturizing as well as gentle on my delicate facial skin. I was given a sample of Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion when I went to a store called BeautyBrands. They have several different types of lotions/creams/serums, and I don't like purchasing without trying it out first. I fell in love with this lotion the first time I used it!! Usually, when I wash my face, it becomes very dry, itchy and tight after it dries. When I used this lotion, my skin soaked it up quickly. It's oil-free, so it doesn't make my face oily. It also has Vitamins A, C, E and B5 as well as gingko biloba, which is what I think helps my sensitive skin hurt when I apply it, like it always does with other lotions. I also like that it has sunscreen in it. Even in the wintertime, our skin needs sunscreen, so I can use this year-round.

30spf for the Face

from San Francisco, CA

It feels like a heavier moisturizer, probably to hold all the sunscreen. I have normal to dry skin. This product sat on top of my skin, absorbed a bit, but I felt it on my face for most of the day. You can smell the sunscreen when you apply, and hours after. It's not offensive, but a reminder that you are wearing the product. The website recommends this for oily and acne-prone skin. I'm not sure about that, either. Like I said earlier, it's on the richer side. Definetly not light weight. Maybe for normal to oily. I'm wary of any SPF for the face that over 15. I think 15 is the minimum and should be the maximum. Not because of the chemicals, but for the money. The difference between a 15SPF and 30SPF is 4%. Not much if you're at work, or doing errands. 30SPF would be good if you're on holiday and in the blazing sun all day sightseeing. And, don't forget to wear the hat! I would buy this product if I needed a high spf moisturizer.