3.3
Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

3.3

• Safety:

Pelonis heater is great for spot heating in your home.

I am sitting here beside my Pelonis heater cube. I tend to chill when sitting still at the computer but hate to heat up the whole house when I know that I'm warm enough when I'm up moving around. Also, the boys tend to like the house cooler. So the Pelonis heater works out great in my small computer area.

My Granny had the Pelonis heater and used it to heat her small living room where she quilted. It was made the whole room nice and cozy, and she didn't much use the other rooms in her apartment, so that worked out great for her. That's what made me decide to get a little portable heater. I really liked hers.

For the size, the Pelonis puts out an amazing amount of heat. I have a bigger model at work, but it does not put out as much heat. It's enough for under my desk. But that one cycles on and off - meaning I'm cold about half the time. The Pelonis has a good fan and just keeps putting out heat until it's actually turned off. So - no cold periods of time.

On high and with the heater right beside me here at the computer, I suppose it's a little loud. Not so much on low. That's pretty quiet, but I generally use high. It does kind of work as white noise to block out all the other many house and kid sounds in the house as I write, although I'm used to a lively and noisy home.

I don't even remember when I got the Pelonis, but it's been quite a while. And, I've really enjoyed the small, spot heater and have never had any problems at all with it. If it ever wears out, I'll get the same brand. I like it a lot.

Pelonis oil radiator heater should be recalled as a FIRE DANGER.

The Pelonis oil filled radiator heater could be a great addition. The unit has many good points. It does have a major flaw that needs attention. The unit heats up so well - it burns itself. This can create an extremely dangerous fire hazard. Let me tell you about this firer heater.

It is a self-contained closed unit filled with heating oil. You do not fill it or ever change the oil. So, there is no mess. It heats up and gives off radiate heat. This means it does not use any fans. The heat just fills the room. The heater heats up a large room quickly and quietly! Other nice features include nice portable size, 3 power levels, adjustable thermostat control, power and caution indicator lights, and easy to clean. Great way to supplement heating your home while cutting down on gas heating costs.

Sounds wonderful. So, what's the danger?! The heater gets very hot to touch. You can not have it by children, pets, or anything. Yet, that's not the big danger! The unit gets so hot, it burns its own controls. It can melt the plastic knobs and  short out - possibly causing major fire! This has happened to mine. Now, being sent back to the company with a not nice letter.

From my own research, mine is not the only one. Luckily, mine did not lead to a fire. I have read some have. Also, smiliar units from other companies have had the same issue and were recalled.

If you need/want to supplement the heating of your home, Please be aware! Research.

This heater is only good for 10-20 uses

from Oceanview,de

About Me Professional

Pros

• Looks ok

Cons

• Only works a short time

• Paper weight

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I bought 1 for bedroom and 1 for living room to supplement household heat for extra cold night. (Not many because I live in de.) 1 was purchased last Feb. Used part of feb and stored in original box. When we pulled it out this year it keeps clicking back off before it heats. The other purchased a week earlier and used about the same amount stays turned on but never heats! Expensive heater for under a month of use! Only gave 1 star because I had to post a review! Didn't want to give any stars!

I wouldn't waste my money

from Fremont, Ohio

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Doesn't last very long

Cons

• Can Burn If Touched

• Living Room

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I have had 2 of these units. The 1st one never even worked when we got it out of the box. Took back and exchanged it. Our 2nd one was only used seldom and has stopped working. The power comes on and all the functions work except for the main one. IT DOESN'T HEAT UP. Never ever will I buy anything from them again.

Didn't last long

from Florida

About Me Renter

Pros

• NONE

• Bedroom

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Used twice in a very short time winter in Fl lasts about a week and now it won't heat up. It appears the on - off switch has a short in it .

when they work OK

from NY

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Lightweight

Cons

• switches are defective

• Bedroom
    • Living Room

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Like them when they work but the 2 I have have the same problem the control switches have broken.

Awesome, affordable little space heater.

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I bought the Pelonis oil filled radiator space heater about 2 years ago when winter hit and I was living in a HUGE drafty old house that cost a ridiculous amount of money to heat. Well with this bad boy I just heated up my room and was kept nice and warm without a single problem. I wanted a radiator because ceramic space heaters give of a "dry" heat that kills my sinuses. It doesn't heat up super fast but it's a radiator and that's expected. But when it does heat up (takes about an hour) it'll keep you warm and comfortable all the time. I never had these burn problems other reviewers got, you'd have to rest your hand on it for a good 10 seconds to get a burn, I leave it running all the time and I've never, ever had a problem with it. Great product, highly recommend.

Runs great all day and night, saves money.

I really do wish there was a temperature gauge, you just guess and memorize where the knobs are for the temp you want.

I've been abusing this thing for two years with no problems.

Safety
    Runs cooler then most space heaters.

• Safety:

The pelonis portable heater isn't all that great

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

My family got this space heater for the basement because the central heat didn't heat it up.

Where I come it gets really cold during winter, and this year was unbelievably cold. So this heater did a great job in keeping the basement, nice and toasty.

This space heater works great in small room, and it heats it up fast.
    What I like about it is the fact that it has a self shut down if it get too hot. I also like the price of it, it's a reasonable price.

However, what I dislike about it is that it gets very hot on the outside. So, you have to be cautious if you have children or pets. Because it will become pretty dangerous for them.

The other thing that I dislike is that at times it will leak out oil, which to me could be extremely dangerous. I don't know why it leaks but it does. And it's not only my heater that does it, I read a few reviews and a lot people have complained about the same issue.
    And again, since the space heater isn't expensive, you basically get what you paid for.
    Which honestly isn't all bad, you just need to be careful.

It's heavy and you have to kept it upright.

• Safety:

Save your money, it won't last

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

We purchased this last winter as an emergency heater - we have 'propane' heat in this new house, which can sometimes run out at inconvenient times. We used this portable heater mayyybe a dozen times last year, then brought it out last week and used it maybe another dozen times...and all of a sudden the dial that turns the heat ON and adjusts the heat level is just not working. It was working when I turned it OFF in the middle of the night..but would not go back on this morning. Thecouple dozen times it DID work, it worked fine, heated up a small bedroom...it is similar in design to every other heater out there, and though it's hot enough on the outside that you wouldn't want to keep your hand on it for an extended period of time, it does not seem likely to set anything asmolder...but unless you want to buy a new one every year, stay away.

Only lasted a couple dozen uses over the course of a year.

not a good choice

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Would recommend if you need to heat up a closet or small area. It does not keep things warm and is not very efficient. Has to run all the time and is hot to touch, but one has to wonder where the heat is? I would definitely spend your money on something else that can kick out the heat.

• Safety:

I love these types of heaters, but not this one.

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

We have quite a large gym and home office and no central heating or cooling so these radiator heaters have been a lifesaver. That being said, I will not purchase this particular heater once our other one dies. We purchase two of these to heat the two rooms and they've done a brilliant job.

However, one of them broke with just a simple turn of the knob that regulates the temperature. It still heated but we didn't feel safe being unable to control it.

I would not recommend this type of heater for an uninsulated large room. We do have one in a 14X16 bedroom and it heats the room wonderfully to a tolerable temperature (about 60 degrees) when it is about 35 degrees outdoors.

Performs well in an insulated room. Use two for

Extremely easy to use without having to read a manual.

I've had one of these heaters for years. Some, like other products, are worse than others.

Safety
    I've never felt insecure with these heaters until one of the knobs broke. It still wasn't a threat but better safe than sorry.

Doesn't radiate very well

Comments about Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Since it is the winter time I didn't want to spend so much money on my gas bill so I decide to get a space heater to put in my bedroom to not make me and the little baby not so cold. More especially for my baby because I didn't want him to catch a cold. This heater does not radiate heat very well unless you leave it on very a long long time then I scared somethings going to catch on fire because I have left the room. If you stay close to it then it's okay but to warm up the whole room be sure to turn it on in the morning and leave it on for half the day to actually heat the room up!

Doesn't heat up bigs room effeciantly

very easy to use turn on turn off

I would say this item is pretty durable

the design looks like one of those old school room heaters I love it!

Safety
    I wouldn't out this too close to anything loose like drapes or anything because it could start a fire!