Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

The Lasko 6410 Heater is a Gem!

This little tower comes with all the bells and whistles one could want at an affordable price. You can program it to run for as long as you want for up to seven hours, or you can set it at the temperature you want and it will shut off and come back on to keep your room at that temperature. You can choose to have it oscillate, which I do very often, as this seems to be the best use of it to heat my living room and a portion of the dining room, where I have pet rats. It also has an easy to carry handle niched into the back at the top. This comes in handy for me because I use it at night in my bedroom. I really can't say anything bad about this top-notch heater. Oh, and it is relatively quiet. You do hear noise, but nothing like the little fan heater I was using before!

The Lasko Ceramic Heater is OK

The Lasko Ceramic Heater is pretty average. As far as the heat goes, it was not the hottest heater out there but it also was not the worse. It kept me fairly warm overall. Again, as far as price goes, it was not the most expensive, but again, it was not the cheapest. It was somewhere in the middle price wise and somewhere in the middle for quality. I liked that it had a handle to carry it, so it was easier to transform between rooms. I also thought it had a lot of visual appeal to it. I really think that it looks really cool, and you could leave it sitting out all the time, and it does not look tacky at all. This was especially nice when we would have guests come over, because we did not have to pull it away and hide it in a closet.

Overall, I think it was just OK.

Performs well, looks great!

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

This is a great little space heater, and is both efficient and attractive.

This heater works very well. We use it to augment the heating in our 10' x 12' bedroom and it's more than sufficient. Running the heater for an hour at a time usually keeps the room warm for several more hours after it's shut off.

Very easy heater to use, simple to understand and program. I like having the ability to select the time and heat settings at the push of a button.

Seems to be very durable. My dogs tipped it once and there was no breakage.

I love the look, it's attractive enough to use in any room of the house, and the unit is very easy to use. Buttons are large and work smoothly.

Safety
No problems in this area, other than the fact that by definition it's a space heater, and not the safest home item. I bought this based on researching the consumer ratings, and do have much more confidence in the safety of this brand and this unit than in others I've used in the past.

• Safety:

Works great and has a nice design.

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

This space heater will heat a room the size of a garage, no problem. It oscillates and heats the whole room corner to corner. It's very light weight, doesn't absorb too much electricity, and doesn't look terrible either. I also didn't have to worry about safety issues. It won't burn you or anything else, and I feel as safe leaving it plugged in as a microwave or any other regular appliance. I highly recommend it!

Great little heater.

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

When my mini heater stopped working I needed to hunt down another heater that would be good for the area where my desk is, yet safe enough not to set anything on fire. There are some things that you need to know when purchasing this heater.

First of all, the thermostat does not work on Low. When you select the thermostat it automatic clicks to high. This could be an issue for people who had circuit breakers that overload.

The heater is about 32 inches tall so it's not overwhelmingly big yet bit enough to give out substantial amounts of heat. I was skeptical about this heater but I have no regrets purchasing it. If you're into decor, which I'm not, it's a pretty little heater that will blend in. Unless you're very close to it, it looks like it's made of stone.

Heats the area near my desk and the small room wonderfully.

This heater is easy to use. You can't use the thermostat when this heater is on low but you can use the timer on a one hour minimum setting.

No durability issues. There's a sturdy metal base to keep the heater from falling over.

Very cute and sturdy design. The heater itself is light brown and looks like stone. There are other designs that are darker.

Safety
I've had no scares from this heater.

• Safety:

Best going to college gift I received.

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

My mother bought me this heater when I moved into my college dorm. I live in a pretty small dorm and it was great because it did not take up much space and it was pretty cute, many people that saw it did not realize that it was a heater. Sometimes in the winter the dorms are freezing so I am so lucky to have this little heater. It works great and warms up the whole room in less then ten minutes. Its so small but it really heats the room well. I put it close to my bed and the thing I like most about it is that it spins. I am also very pleased that it is quiet. However, a bad thing about it is that the remote is somewhat difficult to use. Also, I wish it had a timer on it because sometimes at night it gets a bit too warm and I would have to get out of bed to lower the heat setting or turn it off. Other then that I am very pleased with this heater, it is the best gift I received when I went off to college and I would recommend it to anyone.

Awesome heater!

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I got this heater about a year ago. It is definitely the best heater I have got. It heats up my whole front room
( 15 by 24) in about 30 minutes. I would recommend this heater!!

I have little ones who have knocked it down several times and it holds up like nothing!!!

Very elegant look!

• Safety:

Elegant, safe, and effective!

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

The Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater 6410 has made my chilly winter nights significantly warmer, cozier, and more enjoyable. I am renting an old, rundown home on my college campus that has very little insulation, especially in my bedroom. My mother had always warned me to avoid space heaters because she felt that they were dangerous, so I had always been hesitant to purchase one. However, I am pleased to report that the Lasko Ceramic Heater is completely safe. Even my mother has admitted this.

My days of lying awake at night shivering under eight thick blankets are over! This heater keeps me warm and cozy. This has helped me with my severe body pain, because my muscles get extremely tense and tight when I shiver.

The design is elegant and will look gorgeous in any room!

Safety
Unlike older and/or cheaply made heaters, this product is completely safe. I still would not leave it on when you are not in the room, but that is just because you can never be too cautious!

High End Design Heater.

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I am really super impressed with this little heater. I bought it because it was small and would not take up my whole room when I wanted to use it, but was afraid it would not do the job. I was wrong. It definitely does a fantastic job of heating the whole room. The only thing I would mention is, that at first you might have a funny smell from it, but that is just the "newness" type smell you get with many new appliances. After using for awhile, that smell disappears.

For a small heater, this one puts out a lot of heat and since it oscillates it heats the whole room not just a small piece of the room.

This could not be easier to use. You just push the button and it's on. The buttons are self explanatory and easy to understand.

So far, this one has been almost my main heat in my house. It is a small machine, but it sure does a big job. I have used this all winter so far and it was a mainstay during the last big ice storm. The only drawback would have been if we lost power. But as long as there is electricity or a generator, you can count on this heater.

One of the first things I look at in a product is the design. I just hate looking at all those old clunky radiator looking heaters. This one has a very trendy and sleek look to it. I enjoy feeling like I am at a high end spa or a nice bed and breakfast. This unit will make you feel more luxurious.

Safety
The unit can get hot to the touch if you run it for awhile. I did notice that it doesn't have a safety turn off if tipped over, so it may not be the best choice if you have children or pets.

• Safety:

I love this Lasko Heater!

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

A few years ago, my husband and I bought two of these heaters to supplement our central heat. We bought a third one so we would not need to move them from room to room. We now use three heaters instead of central heat. This allows us to heat only the rooms we are in. They heat a room very well. They have a timer so you can set them for one to eight hours. I love this function. The oscillating feature is very useful also. I also love they way the heater looks.

It performs very well. I have one heater heating the living room, the bathroom and on down the hall. We have another heater in the bedroom which heats up nicely and goes on down the hall from the other end.

It is very easy to use. You can turn it on and set the timer even in the dark.

So far they are very durable.

Great design. Very pretty for a heater.

Safety
It does not knock over easily. There are not any exposed heating elements since it is ceramic on the outside.

• Safety:

Lasko Heater has many features for a small price.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I was looking for a space heater for my living room. The room is rather large and has quit a few windows so it can get chilly during frigid Ohio winters. When I saw the design of this heater I was interested right away. But of course I wasn't going to purchase the heater just because of the way it looked. I wanted to read about the functions. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many features on such an inexpensive heater. It has an oscillating fan that you can chose to have on or off. I has a setting to automatically turn off after 1,2, or 4 hours. And it also has a temperature setting that has a wide range of temperatures to choose from. It goes from 60 degrees to 90 degrees. For the price I don't see how you could find a heater that not only looks good but has so many functions. I need one of these for my bedroom this winter!

Using the settings is very easy.

This seems to be very durable.

I love the design of this heater. When I used other heaters I hated having them visible when guests would come over. I don't mind having this heater in view.

Safety
It doesn't automatically shut off if knocked over. But it stands very sturdy and that probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

• Safety:

This heater is as efficient as it is good looking.

from Hainesport, NJ

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

We purchased this heater when we had a Caribbean guest with us, and it really lived up to our expectations. It fits in with our decor, so we don't feel we have to hide it when not in use. The controls on the top make it easy to use, and it kept the bedroom quite warm.