Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater

Pros

Cons

This little Lasko Mini Space Heater Is Very Powerful

Over this past winter I wanted a little extra heat in my bathroom. I saw this Lasko Mini Space Heater when I was out shopping and decided to give it a try. The model number is 5429. I didn't expect it to be too much of a heater but I knew it would be good enough to heat up a small bathroom for taking showers or getting ready in the mornings. Wow, was I wrong about it not being very powerful! I turned this heater on low and couldn't believe the amount of heat that it actually put out. The high setting was even more impressive. I like how it also has a fan setting also if you don't want to use any heat. I turned it on low and my bathroom was hot within 5 min's. To be small it is still a 1500 Watt unit and the fan force is amazing. It has an adjustable thermostat as well. I liked it so well that I ended up taking it to work and using it in my office. It is small enough that it can sit on a desk or table without taking up much space. I like how it has a nice large handle on top which makes it easy to carry with you. I think this is the best little heater I've ever used!

A complete waste of money.

I got this to go on my night stand next to my bed. I was staying with my mother and she does not have central heating. The size of this heater is very nice because it does not take up a lot of space. The controls are also very easy to use and straightforward. The problem I had was that it does not product a lot of heat. The fan that pushes out the heat is very, very weak. I could put my hand up half of a foot in length in front of it and feel the heat but if I pulled away any more there was no heat to be felt whatsoever. I literally had to huddle up with it to be able to feel the heat it produced. The room that I was staying in was tiny as it is but it just boils down to the fact that this is a total flop of a portable heating device. I would not recommend it to anyone.

The performance was dreadful, as described above.

It's very easy to use overall.

A complete waste of money.

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

The performance was dreadful, as described above.

It's very easy to use overall.

Buy it!

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

The Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater is very nice. I do not particularly like cold weather, so in the winter time, I want my house to be as warm as a summer's day with minimal cost. This Lasko heater is very good and convenient. It has great safety features that are very nice when you have children and animals in the house. It is very energy efficient and heats very well. I absolutely love it! I have quite a few of them and they are pretty durable, unlike some of the previous space heaters I have owned before. I am ecstatic with this purchase. It is phenomenal! If you have not had one of these Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heaters, you should really get one soon!

Heats very well and does not make your electric bill sky rocket in the colder months!

Extremely easy to use.

Very durable. Not like other space heaters.

Safety
Nice safety features. Good for children and animals in the household.

Nice little portable heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

The power this little Lasko portable heater has is very impressive. It has 1500 watts of power. I use it for my room, dinning room or the basement when ever I find myself there. You can save yourself some money using this little device instead of your house's heater, which is what I love to do sometimes. It heats up a small room pretty quick in the winter. The heater is not difficult to use, it has the power buttong on/off, it has the level you want the heat to be and how high. There is also a fan option which is pretty convenient as well.

The heater itself is pretty small. I am able to take it with me to which every room I want with no problems. Weighs about 5 pounds with is pretty light I believe. The heater is pretty loud but I have gotten used to it and the noise does not bother me at all. I kind of enjoy it now. The look of this Lasko heater is pretty basic, nothing too impressive but that is not a problem for me, I love it's performance.

Heats up very quick.

Very easy to use it's buttons of on/off and heating power.

Have had it for a while.

Pretty basic desing.

Safety
Have had no problems with it.

• Safety:

Staying warm on the coldest nights with my Lasko portable.

from Lexington, Kentucky

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I have the only downstairs bedroom in our house and it always seems to get so much colder than the upstairs rooms. I didn't want to run the heating bill up any higher than it already was but I couldn't stand how cold my room was getting every night. So I went out and bought just a small ceramic heater, the Lasko portable oscillating 5429. Now my room is the warmest room in the house and heating bill barely shows any difference. This is just a small heater and I don't recommend it for heating large areas or multiple rooms. But for small areas like a single bedroom this heater is all you need to add the heat to keep you warm on those cold winter nights.

The Lasko 5429 performs great in a single room or small area and it oscillates to make sure you get the entire area heated.

It is very easy to use just plug it in and turn it on and let the Lasko 5429 do the rest.

It seems to be pretty durable but it is a small heater with small parts so I'm sure it has it's limits.

The design is modern but small, it looks good in any room and takes up very little space.

Safety
The Lasko 5429 will automatically shut off if it is knocked over or if it overheats.

Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater is just the right size

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater is just the right size! As Goldilocks says, it's not too big and not too small. It's JUST right! It is surprising how powerful it is and how warm in can make fairly large space. I could probably get by with only one, but I was given one as a gift right after I bought one.

I leave one in my bathroom. There is nothing like getting out of a shower on a cold morning and stepping into a VERY warm bathroom. I actually leave it on facing my towels, so my towels are warmed, too! That's a nice luxury.

I leave the other one in my office. I often work from home and I leave the heat off in the rest of the house. My Lasko heater keeps ME warm without heating the entire house.

The oscillating feature is fantastic. I think other space heaters that just blast you in one direction get too hot and uncomfortable. But this heater keeps me warm -- not too hot, not too cold, but JUST right!

I really like my two Lasko Heaters. I strongly recommend them!

Takes the Chills out of Canadian Winters

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

We get A LOT of snow during the winter months in Atlantic Canada. I took my Grandparents out looking for a Christmas gift for them, and picked up this little beauty. I liked how it wasn't like other space heaters it heated the entire room, without much noise or that gross burning dusty smell. We had to put it on a few wooden boxes in order to keep it safe, but it's still going strong. Since we bought it in the "off" season, summer, and we just happened to be in the States, I was really satisfied with the price of it, which was on sale, cheap.

It heats the entire room and not just one streamline in the middle of the room leaving the rest of the room chilly.

The settings are clear and big which is good for people with big fingers, or older people looking to use it.

I've accidentally whacked it several times with broom handles, once with a hockey stick knocking it over and it hasn't broken yet. The handle cracked, but that's the only damage it did to the heater.

It could be a bit sleeker in design, or at least a bit more attractive, but it does the job!

Keeps my Office Warm - uses lots of electricity

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I suppose it is sort of ridiculous to complain about an electric heater using too much electricity but I think this one isn't the most efficient I've used. I prefer the oil filled heaters that create and retain heat a bit better than this one. That being said, it keeps my desk warm enough when it's terribly cold out in this poorly insulated building.

Keeps my desk warm but at a noticeable increase in my electric bill. I'm not going broke but it's visible on my bill when I use it for a week straight, eight hours a day.

Turn it on, it works. Turn it off and your house won't burn down.

So far so good but I could see something this cheap breaking after a few years of heavy use. That being said, at the cost, it's probably worth it.

Smart design, works great and looks fine sitting next to my desk. Very unobtrusive and easy on the eyes.

Safety
It's as safe as any space heater but I don't trust it alone for more than a few minutes but I feel like that's common sense.

Small space friendly heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

Recently four of us decided to go out for dinner in a Jamaican restaurant. When we got there, after seating for about ten minutes we realized that the place was getting too cold for us. We complained to the lady who was serving us, and she went and brought two of this Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater. She said that all efforts to adjust the heating system was not helping, that's why she bought these portable heaters. It was well understood because we were in Texas during the month of December 2013 when the sudden snow storm heat the state. Thanks to this portable heaters, we were able to enjoy our dinner and spent some time chatting. All we did was to put one under the table we were seating and the other close to the other table. These heaters immediately warmed up the place to keep us save. Finally we had a good evening, thanks to this portable heater.

This heater is easy to use and also easy to carry along.

• Safety:

A wonderful product to keep in the winter.

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I absolutely adore my Lasko portable ceramic heater. This heater has saved me in so many situations. This winter our home heater just was not keeping us warm enough. Thankfully I remembered my Lasko portable heater. This heater kept my bedroom so nice and cozy! I simply set the temperature that I want the room to be at and the heater automatically turns on and off once the room reaches that temperature. I love that this heater is automatic and does not run twenty four seven. That way our room stays nice and warm without over heating and we even use it at night! I also love this product because it's so easy to use. This heater is wonderful because it's not too expensive to purchase. I would recommend this heater to anyone looking to buy a new heater.

Great performance!

Very easy to use this heater.

A sleek modern design.

Safety
I feel that this is a very safe heater because it turns itself off and on.

Small space heater.

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

It's perfect for heating small rooms and areas. Not for areas much larger than a bedroom though.

The safety and convenience features work very well. It's got a strong heat source and it's quiet enough to keep running through the night without waking you and disrupting your sleep cycle.

Everything still works so far except for the oscillation which apparently just quit randomly one day. Now the heat can only be directed in one place which is a little bit of an inconvenience as that was one of the features I had liked the most initially.

I like the design of it, it's practical. Also having a remote to operate is not only very convenient but was something that added to me wanting to buy it as I had never previously owned a heater like that, which was remote controlled.

Safety
I really enjoy the self-regulating heat and the over-heat protection so you never have to worry about falling asleep with it turned on.