Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Does a great job in the bedroom in the winter

We own two of these Lasco heaters and they are wonderful! We keep one in our bedroom all winter because our bedroom is on an outside wall and we just don't get as much heat from our register vents in this room as we do in the rest of the house. It's great that you can turn it on, set it for the temperature you want and leave it, it will come on when it gets two degrees below your set point and will turn off when it gets 2 degrees above the set-point. This way it doesn't run all night, just when you need the room warmed up again. The only thing I would change is that it is not easy to clean dust that collects on the vent. There is no way to remove it, you just have to suck it out with a vacuum or use a toothbrush to brush off the dust. But as far as performance, I love these heaters.

Not bad for the size

This heater was purchased in hopes of making a difference in my mother in laws small house. We have always purchased honeywell but could not find them at the time. This one is okay, I do not believe it heats as well as the honeywell we had before. The size is great but this just not put out as much as we think it should after having a different brand. On a positive side this one is still working this year, after a year of use last yr. If there was not any honeywell heaters to be found we would probably purchase this brand again, but maybe a bit bigger to see if it puts out more heat. Like the size and shape but just doesn't put out enough heat to suit my mother in law. This is kept in a bathroom and with the other brand it would heat right in to the open space of a kitchen combination living area  and unfortunately this one just can not cut it. The price was a little steep also  so again this is average  and we would go back to a honeywell.

Warmed my family when we needed it.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

A couple years ago my husband and I both fell victim to layoffs, just after our second child was born. We were forced to move into a dilapidated family farmhouse in the middle of the winter. Getting the chimney repaired would've cost us thousands and there was no furnace. We spent our last few bucks on the Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater 760000 and my family survived the hardest winter of our lives because of it. My husband, myself, our two-year-old and a newborn sharing a queen bed in a tiny bedroom, kept toasty warm by our Lasko while you could see your breath in the hallway outside the bedroom door. It heats rooms quickly and efficiantly and maintains a constant temperature of your choice. That's actually why we picked this heater: I love that it's not just "low" "medium" and "high". You actually set the exact temperature and it turns on and off as needed to keep the room that temperature. The remote is extremely convenient too! And I love that the majority of the Las o's surface doesn't get hot to the touch. That's critical with children in the house! We've luckily moved on to better housing and opportunities over the last two years but our Lasko is still with us and still going strong.

• Safety:

Great heater for large areas!

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

Great heater with a great price. Energy efficient with great heating capacity. Greater capacity to heat than indicated on packaging and in customer reviews.

Keeps a small house toasty warm. Have an 1200 square foot home and it easily keeps the house warm.

Settings are so easy to use. You can either choose High or Low or choose a temperature setting. The display is easy to read.

Have used it through two winters and have had absolutely no problems. Continues to perform as I expect it to.

Designed so that it is not an "eye sore". It is not an obvious fixture in the room and is attractive in appearance. So much more attractive than the other units on the market.

Safety
Because of its design, it sets nicely against a wall. With children in the house, it presents no risk of injury as the heating element are within the unit and not exposed. The center of gravity in the unit is low; so the risk of turning it over is minimal.

Best heater Ever!

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

We bought this room heater after our furnace was not working well. It has been 4 years and its still running as well as the day we got it. The remote is very handy and it blows off hot air like a gem. You are able to direct the heat air with a knob on the side. The digital panel controls the room air very well and we have never had any issues thus far. Bought 2 more this year and have recommended it to our friends. Best room heater Ever!!

very good air flow and running strong for 4 plus years

works like a gem, no issues in over for 4rs of use.

We have been using it all through the Chicago winters for the past 4 years with no issues at all.

Sleek looking design. No one will even notice it unlike the bulky and ugly looking older heaters.

Safety
The body does not get hot only warm. We use it in a house with young kids and they love to poke at anything new in the room but we have never had any problems.

• Safety:

Throws out pretty good heat

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

After moving from California to Michigan, we bought a couple of space heater to help us survive the winters. Out of the two we bought, this Lasko was the best. It heated the large livingroom area very well and was a good supplemental heat source. The only complaint I have is that it made our electric bill quite high. There is no getting around that as all of the space heaters have the same wattage usage. I really liked this design because I have small children and I didn't want them getting burned by the outside and this heater didn't get too hot on the outside to where it would burn them.

Safety
Gets a little hot on the outside.

Good space heater

from Tanner, AL

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

This is one of my two favorite space heaters. The heat comes out of the top vent so you don't need to worry about anything coming into contact with the base of the heater. The heat setting is adjustable. I live alone and don't like to turn on central heat when I'm only using one room for watching TV or sleeping, etc. It does a fine job of keeping a large room evenly heated.

Powerhouse

from Brookfield, WI

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

This is a great heater. In our old house we used this heater to heat a 500 sq foot I heated extension, and it worked great! I love that you can set the temperature, set a timer, and let it go. It does get warm, so you wouldn't want to use it around kids unsupervised. It also has a remote which is awesome. I now use this heater in my office to stay warm during the cold WI winter. My hands get chilly typing on a computer all day, so I set this next to me to keep me warm. I love that it turns itself off when it reaches your programmed temperature or after a certain amount of time so you don't worry about a fire starting, It has been working hard for us for over 6 years!

• Safety:

Warms a Room up Pretty Quick and HAS A REMOTE!!!!

from Mona, UT

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

Probably the best thing about this space heater is the remote! I love this space heater. My aunt has two for her basement, which never heats up! Honestly we turn those two machines on and within about 30 minutes we are nice and warm, plus we don't have to get up off the couch to turn it on or off, we just have the remotes. I loved this machine. It is about a foot wide, so not too bad, and it is tall. I loved the fact that I could turn it down and put my feet on it without burning them off like other space heaters. It is actually pretty kid safe. My cousins who are under the age of 10 have never been burned, and it doesn't hurt them when they are roughhousing and it falls over.

Lasko Heater

from Galesville, WI

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

We've had this heater for a few months and so far it works great,

Great performance so far.It has nice features like auto temperature control,timer and a directional fan.

So easy to use,all push button controls. The digital readout is very easy to see.

So far so good...we will see how it fares in these cold Wisconsin winters. We use it every day so we are certainly putting it to the test!

The slim design is nice,makes it much easier to find a place to set it. You can set it for auto temp,reaches a preset temp and turns off and on as needed. Or the standard high or low.

Safety
This has all the standard safety features one would expect to find on a heater.

Small and Warm

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

We bought this Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater for the one bedroom in the house that gets too cold at night during the winter. This heater works wonders in that space. I was skeptical at first about the programmable thermostat, but after checking it's accuracey repeatedly the first week, I found it to be completely reliable. I like that this heater takes up little space and remains cool to the touch. We've had it for over three years now and it still is working very well for us. I would purchase this exact space heater again and recommend it for my friends and family.

• Safety:

puts out good heat, though i ? the design

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Element Heater:

This may heat a room well, but dont knock it over too many times! We had one for several years and it knocks over if not careful. After being knocked over several x we got 1/2 heat and 1/2 not, now after a few more x it we get no heat. If it were square we'd have heat!