Other Space Heaters:

Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Works great when it's not blowing the fuse

Tired of high heating bills last winter, my husband and I decided to try using space heaters instead of cranking up the thermostat each time that we were cold.  Therefore, we purchased the **Holmes HFH2986 One Touch Space Heater**.

We first tried plugging it into an outlet in our living room but soon found out that it would blow the fuse.  We tried it again in another outlet and had the same problem.  We ended up having to plug it into an outlet in the kitchen and run an extension cord into the living room.  It was annoying but at least the heater worked that way.  My husband is handy and went to school for electrical engineering so he knows his way around electricity.  He didn't think that the heater should cause such problems but he also wasn't up to spending time researching why it was happening.  To be fair, the problems may have something to do with our wiring and not the heater.

We used the heater using the extension cord all winter long last year but this year decided it's not worth the hassle and are using another heater in the living room instead.  I have to admit that I will miss it though.

The **Holmes HFH2986 One Touch Space Heater** is very quiet and heated our living room really well.  I liked that I could put it on an individual heat setting (from 60 degrees to 80 degrees) and that it would automatically turn off when the room reached that temperature.  I hate to admit it but more than once, I forgot to turn it off when I left the house and it was nice to know that it would turn off by itself and not continue to run when no one was home.

Safety-wise it's nice because the exterior always remained cool to the touch and if the heater happened to tip over, it would automatically turn off.  That's important because I have two active children who knocked it over more than once and left it in that position.

The company touts that the heater is "1 Touch," which is nice but wasn't a factor in our purchase.  Even with a one touch button, I still had to push it several times to obtain the heat setting that I wanted.

While our household is no longer using the **Holmes HFH2986 One Touch** **Space Heater**, I still would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality (and safe) heater.  It would work well in both an office or a bedroom because it's quiet and would not disturb anyone.

Seemed Like The Perfect Solution

Very economically priced and space saving, good for small spaces in close proximity to an outlet with adequate amperage.

It makes very good heat for a small area. the...Read complete review

It makes very good heat for a small area. the heat is focused and concentrated and blows hot air in a forward direction.

This heater, draws too much electricity, and causes my regular circuit breaker to trip repeatedly. If you have a 20 amp breaker available, thats the only place to use it. Aside from this drawback, the item is othewise uncomplicated.

Heavy duty hard plastic construction. It won't shatter or come apart if you accidently drop it. No sharp edges.

Attractive in appearence. Inconspicouous in any room of the house. Operates very quietly. The power cord should be much longer for practical use.

Safety
Use with an extension cord is not recommended, therefore if you don't have 20 amp outlet within the reach of it's power cord, you may have a safety issue. You won't get burned when you touch the unit after it heats up.

Pretty Awesome to be Warm

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

This heater works well and is easy to use. Its size somewhat hinders its portability though.

Considering the size, this heater is most likely intended to heat small rooms. Based on that, I would give it a 9 on its ability to heat a bedroom but a 4 or 5 when it comes to anything larger. Its highest setting 80(most plausibly Fahrenheit but sometimes seems to be hotter) does a good job of keeping my room warm in the winter.

This heater could not be any easier to use. You simply plug it into a power outlet and turn it on. The settings are easy to use as well. There is only one button. Hold the button and it turns on and off. Click the button and it scrolls through its five settings 60, 65, 70, 75, and 80 degrees.

In my opinion this heater is designed well. It has a cord of about 6 feet; this has always been long enough for me whether I plug it in the living room or my bedroom. As mentioned before, there being one and only button makes it very easy to operate this device. However, it is a bit awkward to hold. There is no real definitive place to carry it by. It does have slots on the side that appear to be handles but they are way to spread apart for the average hand to grip (I don't believe my hands are small but these handles are still way to far apart).

Safety
I have not had any safety concerns with it so far. I guess someone could trip on it since its fairly big.

• Safety:

Holmes 1Touch Heater. Keeps my room toasty warm.

from Austin, Tx

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

This is a great, portable and affordable space heater. I have owned this heater for years and love it. It is quiet and reliable as well as safe. I know I can leave this heater running in my bedroom without fear it is going to cause an accidental fire. The safety features it offers are great so you can rest assure that this unit is one you can trust. In an average size bedroom, after running this heater for about thirty minutes it will get the whole room warm enough to take the chill out from the cold weather. I often use this heater to replace my expensive, traditional household heater. It not only warms any room but is cost efficient in doing so. It has a unique safety feature which automatically allows the unit to turn off in the event that something is placed to closely to it. That is wonderful to have if god forbid a piece of clothing, paper or anything in general was to come in close proximity to it. There are easy accessible push buttons on top of the heater that make it a breeze to turn on and off and to set whichever heat temperature is most suitable for you.

This heater has good performance, it allows me to adust temperature to my liking. It's reliable and has lasted me years of use without failing. The built in safety features give me peace of mind. It is small, portable and lightweight to move it easily room to room. I love the quiet motor it has, it is almost silent as it runs and will never disturb a sleeping baby.

The dual push buttons that this heater has, make it simple to program with ease. Just pick the temperature that suits you after pushing the mode/on button and you're good to go.

This is a heater that does not have easy access to open if you wish to give it a thorough cleaning after much use. You will need a small, thin screw driver to take it apart if it collects dust but heed with caution as I'm sure it's not recommended. A can of dust cleaner to remove any debris of dirt and dust collected on the blades should suffice well enough. This is a durable and functional little heater. Lightweight but yet not flimsy at all. It is made from a very strong and sturdy hard plastic.

The design is compact to easily fit in any office space to bedroom space, kitchen, living room, bathroom. Any space you need to keep warm. It has easy to push buttons that are convenient which I love.

Safety
I really appreciate the safety features associated with this heating unit. If it has come or been placed in too direct contact with something it will automatically shut itself off to avoid over heating. That is great peace of mind. You can actually physically touch the heater and it is never hot nor will it burn you so you do not have to worry about small children playing in close distance. It is safe to touch.

Works Alright, but Not as Quiet as a Whisper

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

My room mate and I pitched in some money and bought this product whenever we noticed that our apartment heating was patchy and didn't work that well especially when it is extremely cold outside. We haven't had any trouble out of it, and it serves its purpose fine. On the other hand, the Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Heater isn't really that quiet (but it could just be this one). It is a little bit quieter than a usual heater but I personally found this advertisement a little bit false.

Perfect To Warm Any Room

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

This is another heater that I use in winter for my living room that warms it up in minutes and leaves it cozy and comfortable. It has a two heat settings high and low and I usually use the low setting because that is enough to heat up the living room unless it is in the mid to low 50s then I use the High setting, that is how good it is in heating up a room. It's worth the price with how good it works and lasts.

It warms any room in minutes and doesn't make any loud noise at all. One of the things I like is how it has a manual or automatic heat setting I can choose from as well as a high and low setting.

It's very easy and simple to use and move with the handle is comes with.

I have had this heater for more than one year and it still works great with no problems what so ever. It's very study and worth while.

One of the things I like is how it fits in small places and how it displays the temperature.

Safety
It's very safe to use, cool to the touch if you have to move it while it's on or by mistake you touch it you won't get burn and if it falls over it automatically shuts off because it has a safety tip over shut off.

This Little Guy Amazed Me

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

I fell in love with this little heater. I had to get rid of it because my children thought it would be great to stick paper and cotton inside of it and turn it on. Needless to say the heater caught on fire and it was a goner. So I can not say it is children safe. But then again you can also hang it to where your children will not be able to touch it. This product puts out alot of heat. Even after it had caught on fire and melted it still wanted to work. Which amazed me. This little heater puts off a good amount of heat and it will heat up a pretty good sized room.

This heater did not want to stop working even after my children ruined it. I was really amazed how much heat it would put off.

This product was so small I could take it just about anywhere. I used it in my bathroom, living room, garage, and some other places and one point in time I got a adapter for my car when my heater stopped working and it even worked in their.

This little guy did not want to stop working. It was built to last.

I am not a big person on design. I am for products that work and keep working. It is white and small if you dont like you could paint it a different color.

Safety
My children ended up setting it on fire by pushing paper and cotton inside it and turning it on. If they would have put a screen on it with small holes I would still have it today.

great room heater

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

Great greater for rooms of medium size. It has options to set the heater high/low or set it so that when it hits a specific degree it shuts off. It also shuts off anytime something blocks the front our if it falls. The best part is it can technically serve as a regular fan because you can set the temperate.

Works great and quickly heats up a very cold room. Works well for the elderly too.

The option to have it shut off at a specific temperate can be a bit confusing. Other than that it is great. The other options for high and low are pretty easy.

I've had my Holmes heater for about 3 years now. It does not disappoint. I recommend it with confidence.

The design makes it better in supplying heat to the entire room. I had a different Holmes heater and because of its design, only whatever it was facing would feel the heat versuses the whole room. This one

Safety
It shuts off any time something is blocking the front or it falls to the side. Great for elderly and kids. Whether you have pets that may bump into it or etc.

Nice for price

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

My front office at work is freezing in the winter due to high ceilings and being closest to the front door. Everybody else in the office is comfortable temperature wise, therefore if I crank the thermostat up so I get warm, they’ll overheat. So the solution was purchasing a Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch HFH2986. This heater certainly has many pluses. It is compact in size but packs a nice punch. It warms the room it’s placed in perfectly, however I notice on certain higher settings it omits a sort of gas like smell, not so much a burning scent but sort of like hot electrical scent. If I don’t use it on the highest setting, its fine. One annoying defect about the Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch HFH2986 is a small cord inside the fan will sometimes come lose and hit the fans blades, making an awful noise. But it is easy to wiggle back into place using a screwdriver. I suppose we could have simply brought the heater back in exchange for a new one, but everything else about the heater is fine aside from that happening every once in a while. I would recommend this heater.

I love the Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

My bathroom is the coldest room in the house so I need a space heater for cold winter mornings. I have tried several brands and they don't last longer than a year or so. However I've had the Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch for several years now and it still warms the room quickly and efficiently. It's not too noisy and it blows out warm air as soon as I turn it on. The room becomes warm and cozy in a matter of minutes.

This heater is easy to use and has high or low settings plus just the fan if you just want to venilate the room. I start out with high and within five minutes or so I can turn it back to low to maintain the constant temperature in the room. My husband often uses the fan just to clear out the steam after showering.

This Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch has lasted at least three years with daily use during half the year so I'm pleased with it's durability. It hasn't lost any of it's power during this time and continues to heat up my bathroom quickly and efficiently.

This heater is nothing fancy and has a cheap look to it but I'm happy as long as it does it's job. We plan to install radiant heat in our bathroom floor one of these days but until then, I'm happy how this unit warms up my bathroom for me every chilly morning!

Nice Little Machine to Own

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

This is a great heater. Even though it is small it really is powrful and produces heat to comfortably maintain my son's bedroom.
You can set the temperature from low all the way up to high with the easy turn dial, and the orange indicator light shows that it is on.
The heater is really sensitive, however, so you need to be careful with it. My son as playing with it with his feet (I know,) and it feel over and stopped working for a couple hours. Our fault.
The heater is a nice little heater that doesn't overheat or get to hot. It works well to heat the room and wont cause a dramatic increase in your electric bill. Highly recommended. Mine is on right now!

Fan design produces just the right stream of heat flow.

Turn the knob...it couldn't be any easier to use this heater.

One minor accident, our fault. Otherwise it is okay.

It is small and really cute!

Safety
No safety features on here that I am aware of. Doeant turn off if tipped over.

Seemed Like The Perfect Solution