Other Space Heaters:

Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Great for its intended purpose and very safe!

This little heater is a great product!  Now, if you plan on buying a heater like this, you must take into consideration what it cannot do.  It is a little heater that doesn't cost very much, so don't expect it to heat your house, or even a large room.  In fact, if you use it continuously, you might as well have invested in a much larger oil-filled heater because this little heater will suck up electricity very fast, so be careful or your electricity bill will be much larger than expected.

Use this little handy heater to quickly heat up a small area in your house, like to warm up a medium size bedroom before you go to bed for the night, an entry-way for people coming in from the cold, etc.

It uses a fan to blow the air heated from the heated coils inside it forward.  Basically it's like a toaster with a fan blowing the heated air towards you.

The reason it gets such a high rating is because of the following.

1.  If you want quick heat after you've been outside in the cold, turn this heater on and sit near it.

2. It will heat up a medium size room in a reasonable time.  If you have guests coming over, are putting the kids to bed, etc and you need a specific room heated up, plug it in and let it do its magic.

3. If your kids or pets are prone to knocking stuff over, this heater is great.  If it gets tipped over, it turns off.

4. If the heater is placed too near a wall or enclosed space, the temperature gauge inside will sense if the heater area is too hot and shut off.

5. It is very portable and affordable, great for quick, direct heat.

Patton PUH680-U Utility Heater get the job done

This heater is a heater that my parents own. Everytime we go to stay at their house we use this heater because they keep their basement at like 63 degrees! The heater works really well and pretty fast. It has a lot of different settings so that you can adjust the temperature of the room quite easily. The problem is that it turns off and on constantly through the night and it is pretty loud. I understand that it does this to maintain the temperature, but I wish that it didn't turn off and on so frequently. It also scares me because a little child could put the finger through the slits and burn themselves. I prefer heaters that have a metal cover that doesn't leave room for little toddler fingers.

Excellent heater. Heats a large room such as my living room.

from vine grove, ky

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
  • Easy To Use
  • Lightweight
  • Solid Construction
  • Weather Resistant

Cons

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

Use when gas pipe was being repaired and house was without heat. Use in mudroom which has no heat airvent.

Heater works great

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I bought this when my furnace broke down in 17 degree weather. It heats up quick and the fan circulates air well. I was surprised how well the thermostat worked. I didn't feel comfortable leaving it unattended. It heated my house for a day or two while I was tearing into my furnace, and it did the job.

Worst heater

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

The Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater is by far the most horrible heater I've ever owned. So much so that 1 is too high of a rating to give it. The first day I owned this, it heated the tiny room brilliantly, then on the second day the noise began. It sounded like one of those huge remote control planes. I figured it was standard with a heater like this but then the coils burned out halfway into the third day.

Another downfall in this heater is no off or on switch, only high and low.

There are safer heaters out there. Spend the money on a high quality heater. With this you get what you pay for and you still get cheated.

When it worked, it heated a small room perfectly, but it didn't last long.

Flick high or low and set the thermostat. This is the only positive thing about this heater.

Horrible design. It's riveted, the coils have burned out, and it sounds like a small remote control plane.

The heater is riveted together. If you are using this in a workshop and accidentally knock it over a few times, which will eventually happen, you'll find yourself having to put it back together.

Safety
      Use common sense with this heater. Make sure you keep your kids and pets away and keep a far space away from it. There are safer heaters out there. Skip this one.

So Good

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I used to have this heater before I lost it and it used to heat up my entire living room or whatever room I set it in pretty good and fast. It works really good and it was worth the price.

It heat up any room even large ones fast and in minutes leaving the room cozy and not hot.

It's very easy to use and set without getting confuse and frozen by the time you figure what each button do like some other heaters I've used before.

I've had this heater before I lost it for like three years and it was working perfectly.

It is a Solid Sturdy Design and isn't so big that it takes so much space, that's all I can say.

Safety
      I have never been burn and the metal surrounding it hasn't been too hot that I have felt but I always take great car to grab it where I'm suppose to. One of the things I loved about it was how if it fell over it would automatically turn off to keep things safe. Also it's safe around pets which is good because my dog loved to lay down really close to it and warm up even fall asleep sometimes.

• Safety:

I would never buy this again

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

When I first starting looking for a space heater to help during the winter I was told this was a good heater. I was told wrong. I hate everything about this heater. I couldn't leave it on longer then a few hours without it getting so hot and turning off on its own. Sometimes it would kick the breaker box because it would just shut off. I just wasn't safe to have on the floor or even on the counters. I just didn't feel safe at all having this in my house at all.

I wouldn't even put out enough heat to keep a bird warm half the time.

It was very easy to use. All you did was plug it into the wall. How hard can that be.

It got knocked over and it quit working, I had to replace the heater after only three weeks.

The design was not what I thought it would have. Figured it would have something that would protect from getting burnt.

Safety
      I would not trust this product in my house ever again. It was the worse product to have in a house with small children

• Safety:

Not as good as they used to be

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

Years ago, I owned one of these heaters. It worked great and lasted for many years. Over several moves, I lost it. So, in the winter of 2011-12, I bought a new one. It lasted about a month. There is a device in it that cuts the power if the heater is tipped over. This device now is made out of plastic, and it is so located so as to be subjected to heat during normal operation. It melted and permanently turned off the heating element. So, I've bought another brand.

• Safety:

Wonderful heater at a good price

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I really like this Patton space heater. It is small and puts out a good amount of heat. I also like that it is very quiet.

For such a small heater, this Patton model puts out a lot of heat. Our living room is drafty during the colder months so this is perfect for us. We keep one unit in the bathroom and one in the living room. Having these heaters saves us a lot of money on heating costs during the winter.

This heater is so easy to use. All you have to do is find a safe location for it and plug it in. Then turn the unit on and enjoy its warmth. You want to make sure it is on a flat surface with nothing blocking the front of the unit.

This little heater is very durable. We have had them for a few years now and have never had any issues with any parts breaking or malfunctioning.

The design of this heater is small and portable. It can easily be moved from room to room. It is small enough that you can take it virtually anywhere it is needed. Sometimes hotel rooms are temperature controlled so having this space heater with you could help with that.

Safety
      I like this heater because it has a safety shut off feature if the unit is tipped over. Having this feature reduces the risk of a fire.

simple but effective

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

here's one of those items that is simple and straight to the point, i own three. i once made the mistake of thinking that as far as space heaters goes the more you pay the better they work...... WRONG!!!! i have never had a space heater more efficiency of effective and at the price of around 25-30 bucks they are also just as cost efficient. will not chose a different type or brand of space heater when the will all is right here. i have to give it two thumbs up.

Small but packs a punch, one of these little guys at full blast is strong enough to heat two rooms, add another and you got all the heat you need. performance golden i give it an A+

turn the nob and that's that, even has a kill switch and auto turn off, what more can you ask for

my oldest one is at lease 3 years old and still works like it was new out of the box

small and compact but gets the job done, could use to be a little prettier or a different color but even with out it the are pretty small there easy to push out of sight

Safety
      auto shut down is awesome, i once had one to close to the wall and it keep shutting itself off. in my book thats golden because a lot of space heaters are fire hazards, but not this one.

• Safety:

Pretty powerful for warming up a small room or space

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

My husband bought this little heater for me to take the chill out of the air in my basement office while I worked last winter. It did a great job of keeping me warm while I worked and I loved that it would kick off and on depending on the temperature which helped conserve energy and didn't require me constantly turning it off and on. Now that I no longer work from home, this heater has been moved to our upstairs bathroom which is also chilly in the winter. It heats up the room perfectly after a bath or shower and does not get too hot to the touch which is nice. I like the handle on top which makes it easy to carry to another room if needed. The fact that you can adjust the settings is also great.

The second you turn it on, it puts out hot air - doesn't need any time to warm up.

Extremely user friendly controls and settings

Still going strong into it's second winter at our house

Love the carrying handle on top

Safety
      Will turn off automatically if accidentally tipped.

• Safety:

Noisy but puts out the heat.

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I bought this heater a couple of years ago when it was on sale. I have not had any problems with it and it is good to heat up a small room. My son likes to have it for his room in the winter months. It has a safety switch if tipped over and it does not get too hot. My only complaint that it is very noisy when it runs and that is what you hear throughout the night. One will have to be able to tune out the noise of the heater in order to go to sleep. Other than that, it goes on sale a lot and can be purchase at a fairly decent price.