Other Digital Cameras:

Pros

Cons

Love this camera!

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS1:

I love my camera. I've had it for over two years now, and it still works like new. One thing I cannot stand is even the slightest blur in a photo (especially when you think a photo is clear but you zoom in on it later and it's not), and this camera definitely works for me. The picture quality is fantastic. The zoom is wonderful; I can zoom the camera all the way in and the pictures still come out crisp and clear. Videos and the sound always come out good.

It's extremely easy to use, and it still has manual settings for those who actually know what they're doing. Battery life is excellent; I really don't have to charge it that often, and I never have to worry about it dying while I'm out with it.

One thing that I have noticed, however, is that it sometimes takes two-three seconds between pressing the button and actually taking the picture. I haven't noticed my camera do it too often, and if you're more camera-inclined than me, you could probably figure out a way to combat this.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this camera!

• Portability:

Not the best, but not the worst either.

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS1:

This little camera gets a lot of use and I'm glad to have it around, but it's a frustrating gadget that really seems to have a mind of its own. The auto-focus is overzealous and frequently darts behind the subject at the last possible second (and with no option for turning that feature off, it's doubly irritating). It's no good at all if you want to photograph a moving subject, and landscapes are iffy. If you're trying to take a picture in low lighting, forget it. There are a lot of settings to explore, which is nice, but they're not always easy to switch between.
But for a still, easy shot, it does a good job, with crisp images that can handle some cropping without becoming too cell-phone-esque. If that's all you want a camera for, then this one will do fine and I wish you happy shooting. As for me, my habits towards action shots demand a little more than what this model has to offer.

Love the built in Memory

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS1:

Just had this camera since Christmas time so it is still rather new but I am enjoying all the features on it and learning new things. I love that the camera has a built in memory in case I leave the memory card in the computer. Also I find it interesting that you can charge it by plugging it into the wall with the battery inside the camera. It takes really clear pictures but I have had a time with the auto making the pictures too bright. So I feel like I still have to adjust. This is just on inside pictures but it is annoying. So far the battery life has been pretty good. I also like how light the camera is--it's a little thicker than my last camera but not too heavy. Overall a great camera! It also takes good videos.

Image Quality
White balance can be hard to adjust

• Portability:

Good solid camera with good battery life

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS1:

I had a canon powershot camera as my first digital camera and I was ok with it. I bought this one because I was fed up with replacing AA batteries and the under exposure problem with my powershot.

This camera takes good pictures, the big lens takes in more light so that there is no need for unnecessary flashes. It saves battery and gives better results because of this. I like the life of the rechargeable battery which lasts very long - although sometimes it's a problem if you 'forget' to bring the charger or extra batteries when you go on longer trips.

I love this camera and it's highly recommended.

• Portability:

Camera takes excellent pictures and easy to carry!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS1:

Love it! Easy to use, great pictures! Camera is very portable and seems to be pretty sturdy. I have 4 kids and all of them love using it. It's held up well during travels and kids! I've used it at sporting events, holidays, school functions, etc... All different types of lighting both indoors and out. I'm not a real technical person so I can't provide a huge technical review, but I can say that so far I'm impressed. I did have to review the instructions on setting up the picture quality. That was kind of a pain, but once set - works beautifully!

Image Quality
After reading the instructions on how to set the camera - the pictures are wonderful!

great camera!

from Laguna Beach, CA

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS1:

We bought this camera for our trip to Europe, and it captured the shots with amazing clarity! It is really easy to learn how to use it. Has the best zoom feature I've ever used. Great video quality and sound, too, for my needs. Took it to a few concerts and had great recordings to see the next day!

A friend of ours took photo's at my son's wedding with his Lumix. His pictures came out beautiful -- the colors were just gorgeous! So, when it was time to upgrade our old 5 megapixel Canon, it was an easy choice to get the same camera as his.