4.1
Palmolive Dish Soap

Palmolive Dish Soap

4.1

Makes Washing Dishes A Pleasant Experience

It seems like I have been using Palmolive Original Concentrated Dish Liquid forever.  It is one of those products that you tend to stick with because it does such a good job.  There is really no reason to switch.  I have participated in many market research studies over the years, for other dishwashing liquids, mainly at Procter & Gamble, but I continue using Palmolive.

Most of the time, I will stick with the original green.  If I get bored, or if I find that they have come out with a new scent, I'll try it.  As far as switching brands, they don't measure up to Palmolive's performance.  I've tried different varieties of Dawn, and I didn't care for it.  In addition, my friend's plumber told her that Dawn wasn't good for her plumbing.  I don't know what that was all about.

One thing I have noticed in the last couple of years is that the Ultra doesn't seem to be as concentrated as it used to be.  I'm finding that I have to add a little more soap than I had in the past, and I am having to buy it more often.  Maybe it has been reformulated.  I will continue using Palmolive, though, because it does a good job of cleaning my dishes, plus it has a pleasant scent, also.

Soapy Tasting Food Even After Good Rinsing

I was wondering why, even after good rinsing, the food made in my non-stick pan tastes like Palmolive after washing with it. So, I did a google seach and it looks like I'm not the only one to experience this. Even after rinsing really well, upon first use, the pan smells like soap when heated and the "perfume" scent permeates my kitchen. And the resulting food (omelettes, pancakes, etc.) taste like Palmolive.

I'm tossing my bottle and switching to a non-cented soap. Ick.

wonderful product

from Detroit, Michigan

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

Cons

• nozzel on the 102 fl oz is too large

• Home

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

opening on the bottle cap is too large, and to much soap comes out at once for regular dish washing this apply to the 102 fl oz purchase from bulk stores. other than that the product is wonderful

Cleans dishes and does it well

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

The dish soap is a dish washing soap I use and it works good. I wash dishes with it always and I have never had a dish I couldn't wash because of the food that was on it. The dish soap always has cleaned the dries food off of my dishes which is great, I really like this soap.

Will not buy again

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

I tried Palmolive Dish Soap about a month ago because it was on sale, and I had a coupon as well. I was so disappointed in this product that I will not be buying it again at any price. I had always thought of Palmolive Dish Soap as a good name brand product at a good price, but it did not live up to my expectations. Palmolive Dish Soap did not suds well at all, and what suds there were did not last very long. This product is low priced compared to some other brands, but since I had to keep adding additional soap during a single washing, it was not economical at all. I am always interested in a dish detergent that can cut through grease and do a decent job on stuck on foods, but Palmolive Dish Soap did not do either very well. I suppose the scent was okay, but the feel of large amounts of dish detergent that did not suds properly was not pleasant. In fact, it was a bit slimy feeling. Palmolive Dish Soap will not be a repeat purchase for me.

Palmolive Fresh Infusion makes me want to wash my dishes by hand

from Rockland, MA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

My dishwasher had broken and I was in need of more dish detergent. Picked up some Palmolive Fresh Infusion because it was on sale. Normally I buy Dawn but I figured my machine would be up and running soon so I thought I'd try the less expensive brand. As soon as I opened the bottle the aroma was surprising. Now if it cleans as well as it smells...it does. I love the scents, the foam is long lasting and it cuts the grease as well as any other detergent. I kind of like washing the dishes now and yes I am hoping that I snap out of it. If only they would make Palmolive Fresh Infusions for the dishwasher!

Works great

from Lapeer, MI

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

Palmolive dish soap works great.  It is comparable to Dawn, but I feel that Dawn is more expensive.  It emulsifies well, works well on grease, and has a great yet gentle scent.  it is one of my top choice brands to buy when it is on sale!

Not Impressed

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

This dish soap is not a bargain. You have to use more of it if anything with the least amount of grease enters the dish water. Even, then, it's formulated to make lots and lots of bubbles, but leaves behind a greasey residue on anything with a smooth surface. So, you have to wash the dishes with more soap to get the residue off, then you must rinse it for an eternity and I don't have all night to do the dishes.

Best dishsoap out there!

from Greenville, OH

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

My Mom has always used Palmolive and it worked well. When I got married 8 years ago I decided to do my own research on the best kind of soap to use in MY kitchen-because Mom DOESN'T always know best, you know! ;) After trying a couple of cheap brands, and having reactions to one or two, I came back to the same conclusion Mom did: if it isn't broke, why try to fix it? Sure, some of the others were cheaper, but is it really cheaper in the long run if you need to use twice as much to get the job done? With Palmolive, a little goes a long way. I like the Aromatherapy scents-the citrus (orange?) is my favorite. I still try to find the best deals on my dish soap, but now that means using coupons (which are plentiful!) and looking for the sales, rather than buying a cheaper brand. One thing to note-if you are using the Anti-bacterial soap, be careful what you use it on. I washed some of my plastic baby bottles with it, and they started to crack. After switching back to the regular Palmolive I haven't had any more problems.

Love Palmolive dish soap

from Norwalk, OH

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

Of all the dish soaps I have tried I always come back to Palmolive Dish Soap.I personally find it works very well at not only getting off the everyday food and dirt from my dishes but also grease in pans and hard to scrub items.My clear glass dishes come out clean and streak free.Even my pirex dishes that I use to bake lasagna in!I love the smell of this original version best.I even use it to mop my floors with because it gets up the dirt and leaves them smalling fresh.When I finish washing my dishes the water still looks clean and I have even at that point wiped my table top using the same dish water without any greasey smudges left behind.Some dish soaps can really dry your hands out but I have not noticed that with Palmolive.I think the best part of finding this dish soap works so well is that the price is very affordable.There may be a couple of others out there that cost less but this one is on the lower end of the usual prices for such products.

Soapy Tasting Food Even After Good Rinsing

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

I'm tossing my bottle and switching to a non-cented soap. Ick.

Good lathering soap

from Boise, ID

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

I am a palmolive dish soap fan and have been for quite a while now.  I have used a lot of different brands of soap and would say that this is one of my favorites.  One of the things that I noticed about the different soaps is the texture. I bought a different brand before and it had a thin texture and I had to keep adding more while I was using it.  The nice thing about palmolive is that it is thick and so you don't have to use so much of it so that saves you money right there.  I also like the scent of the original because it is just a good clean scent to it.  Sometimes when you used the scented ones the scent mixes with what you are trying to wash off the dishes and that grosses me out. Also one of the nice things about palmolive is that you can always find coupons for it in the paper so it is not hard to get a good deal.  I also think comparitively this one is not expensive at all and it does its job.