3.4
Palmolive
Palmolive Dish Soap

Palmolive Dish Soap

3.4

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Meticulous cleaner (3)

Makes Washing Dishes A Pleasant Experience

It seems like I have been using Palmolive Original Concentrated Dish Liquid forever.  It is one of those products that you tend to stick with because it does such a good job.  There is really no reason to switch.  I have participated in many market research studies over the years, for other dishwashing liquids, mainly at Procter & Gamble, but I continue using Palmolive.

Most of the time, I will stick with the original green.  If I get bored, or if I find that they have come out with a new scent, I'll try it.  As far as switching brands, they don't measure up to Palmolive's performance.  I've tried different varieties of Dawn, and I didn't care for it.  In addition, my friend's plumber told her that Dawn wasn't good for her plumbing.  I don't know what that was all about.

One thing I have noticed in the last couple of years is that the Ultra doesn't seem to be as concentrated as it used to be.  I'm finding that I have to add a little more soap than I had in the past, and I am having to buy it more often.  Maybe it has been reformulated.  I will continue using Palmolive, though, because it does a good job of cleaning my dishes, plus it has a pleasant scent, also.

Will never buy this dish washing liquid again!!!!

I'm 33 years old and I have been using Palmolive Original dishwashing liquid ever sense I can remember. I rarely used any other dishwashing liquid because they either smell bad or they were too watery and did not do the job, now Palmolive Original dishwashing liquid has turned into one of those terrible dishwashing liquid brands! I was horrified and very disappointed to find out that Palmolive had changed the formula/smell! For a while I have noticed the product not working as well and seeming like more water than soap, then one day when I was washing dishes I noticed this nasty cheap rose perfume smell. The smell literally made me nauseas and want to throw up. I asked my daughter did she put something in the dishwashing liquid and she said no but I thought she was lying. Once I bought another bottle of Palmolive and smelled that same smell I knew the fragrance had been changed and I wrongfully accused my daughter of messing with the dish washing liquid! The Palmolive company has made a very big mistake! Why after all these years would you decide to change the formula/smell of a very beloved and popular product, and on top of that to a very nasty unpleasant smell?! If it's not broke don't fix it, PERIOD! You have lost a lifelong customer for good! I know many other people who feel the same way and have stopped buying you product as well. Who ever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired ASAP! SMH

Disappointed life long customer

from Bellingham. WA

Pros

Cons

• Low suds and smells terrible.

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

I am noiw in my 80's and have used Palmolive Dish Soap all my life. It was the best dish washing soap you could buy, however the last large bottle I bought is disgusting. There are no suds to speak of and you need to use 10 times more to clean anything. It now smells like Dawn soap ( which makes me feel ill). I buy the largest size I can buy, which lasted me for a year. Well, this bottle will be going into the garbage and I won't be buying this product again. I have read the previous complaints that date back to several years ago. It is clear the company has no interest in how their customers feel about the product so there is no hope they will go back to the original formula. It is now 2018 and they haven't taken their customers opinions seriously. It's good-bye Palmolive for me.

NEW SCENT SUCKS

from Fort Worth, Texas

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Powerful

Cons

• Smells like bubble gum

• Home

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

Palmolive original green dish soap has been used in my family for as long as I can remember. I have always used it because of the efficient cleaning power and the wonderful smell that would be left on my hands afterwards. I used to wish that someone would make a body soap that had the same scent. NOT ANYMORE!! The new scent smells sickeningly sweet, it's overpowering, and it makes me nauseated the entire time I'm trying to use it. I have no idea why they changed it, but I am NOT HAPPY. It's gross now and I have to such to a different dishsoap so I don't throw up in my kitchen sink while cleaning.

Will never buy this dish washing liquid again!!!!

from SIMONEGA

Pros

Cons

• Nasty Disgusting Smell!!!!!
        • Weak Function

Will Not Purchase Again

from CT

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

this is not my product choice but being it was on sale and I had a coupon decided to purchase it again as this is a product which our household used when I was growing up however I will never purchase it again as my hands became extremely dry were chaffing and were very itchy

wonderful product

from Detroit, Michigan

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
              • Efficient
              • Powerful

Cons

• nozzel on the 102 fl oz is too large

• Home

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

opening on the bottle cap is too large, and to much soap comes out at once for regular dish washing this apply to the 102 fl oz purchase from bulk stores. other than that the product is wonderful

Cleans dishes and does it well

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

The dish soap is a dish washing soap I use and it works good. I wash dishes with it always and I have never had a dish I couldn't wash because of the food that was on it. The dish soap always has cleaned the dries food off of my dishes which is great, I really like this soap.

Will not buy again

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

I tried Palmolive Dish Soap about a month ago because it was on sale, and I had a coupon as well. I was so disappointed in this product that I will not be buying it again at any price. I had always thought of Palmolive Dish Soap as a good name brand product at a good price, but it did not live up to my expectations. Palmolive Dish Soap did not suds well at all, and what suds there were did not last very long. This product is low priced compared to some other brands, but since I had to keep adding additional soap during a single washing, it was not economical at all. I am always interested in a dish detergent that can cut through grease and do a decent job on stuck on foods, but Palmolive Dish Soap did not do either very well. I suppose the scent was okay, but the feel of large amounts of dish detergent that did not suds properly was not pleasant. In fact, it was a bit slimy feeling. Palmolive Dish Soap will not be a repeat purchase for me.

Palmolive Fresh Infusion makes me want to wash my dishes by hand

from Rockland, MA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

My dishwasher had broken and I was in need of more dish detergent. Picked up some Palmolive Fresh Infusion because it was on sale. Normally I buy Dawn but I figured my machine would be up and running soon so I thought I'd try the less expensive brand. As soon as I opened the bottle the aroma was surprising. Now if it cleans as well as it smells...it does. I love the scents, the foam is long lasting and it cuts the grease as well as any other detergent. I kind of like washing the dishes now and yes I am hoping that I snap out of it. If only they would make Palmolive Fresh Infusions for the dishwasher!

Works great

from Lapeer, MI

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

Palmolive dish soap works great.  It is comparable to Dawn, but I feel that Dawn is more expensive.  It emulsifies well, works well on grease, and has a great yet gentle scent.  it is one of my top choice brands to buy when it is on sale!

Not Impressed

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Palmolive Dish Soap:

This dish soap is not a bargain. You have to use more of it if anything with the least amount of grease enters the dish water. Even, then, it's formulated to make lots and lots of bubbles, but leaves behind a greasey residue on anything with a smooth surface. So, you have to wash the dishes with more soap to get the residue off, then you must rinse it for an eternity and I don't have all night to do the dishes.