Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Dishwashing Detergents
Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid

Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid

Works great but a little runny

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I purchased this dish soap because I was looking for a safer, "greener" alternative for dish washing. I found this Seventh Generation soap and it fit the bill as it has milder ingredients, is 95% biobased, and cruelty free.

This dish liquid works great at cleaning off stains, cutting through grease, and it leaves dishes sparkling. There is no residue or spots remaining after I finish cleaning with this.
It does not foam much because of the more gentle detergents in it, but that is something you just get used to. This dish liquid does not have much of a smell. I actually like that because with other dish soaps the smell can linger even after I have rinsed thoroughly. This leaves my dishes clean without leaving an overpowering smell.

The only thing I didn't 100% love about this dish liquid was that it was a bit runny. When I attempted to squeeze some out, a lot would come out because of the consistency of the liquid. This caused me to use way more product than necessary at first. However I was able to get used to this by being careful when squeezing the product out.

Overall I recommend this product as it is safe and effective.

Good stuff

from New York, NY

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I love this product. I have a 17 month old daughter, and she is very sensitive, i have to be carefull with the cleaning products i use, as well as what detergent i use. She has asthma and eczema and the smallest things trigger flare ups. I love seventh generation things because they are all natural. Before the baby came along i always got dish liquids that were scented. now i realize that there is no point to this! imagine the reside it leaves behind on you cutlery, plates, cups, Baby Botlles! these are toxins we are taking into our body that aree a small amount, yes, but over time a small amount builds up in our bodies. I now choose earth friendly products that are gentle on our enviorment and good for our use.

The only down size to this dish detergent is that it doesnt sudz up alot, so i feel like i have to use quite a bit of it, so it doesnt last as long as other dish soaps would. i do use the full line of 7th gen products however

perfect for baby bottles

from Astoria, NY

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I am always very conscious about what chemicals come into contact with my baby. From the time she was born I always washed her bottles and pacifiers with seventh generation free and clear dish soap. It was the only one out there besides babyganics. Seventh generation is much easier to find.

I think for what you are getting, the price is great. It suds up ALOT so a little bit goes a long way. I especially loved the fact that it is unscented and perfect for baby items. You don't have to worry about nasty chemicals making their way into your baby! What more can you ask for.

I feel that this product is very effective at doing what it says. If you think it is pricey, check out their website and download some coupons. They always have coupons that you can use that will bring down the price. If you are earth conscious and do not want harmful chemicals in your home, seventh generation is a great product for you.

This dish liquid is safe for septic systems and human beings.

from Saint Joseph, MO

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I'm extremely chemically sensitive and find that even some so-called natural or green products cause me problems. I make a lot of my own cleaning products or purchase products online. When I find something that can be bought locally, that works well, and that doesn't cause me health problems, I'm extremely happy. The Seventh Generation dish liquid falls into that category. I love that it has no dyes or fragrances at all, and is vegetable-based rather than petroleum-based. It's advertised as being safe for septic systems, which is good, but what I like is that it's safe for humans. It also works quite well at cutting grease and getting dishes clean. In addition to using it for dish cleaning, I mix a small amount in a spray bottle filled with a vinegar and water mixture and use that for cleaning the bathtub and other hard surfaces. It works well for that, too. This is a good product and I'd miss it if it weren't around.

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid is the only brand I buy.

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

This is the only brand I've bought for years.  I'm sensitive to fragrances and needed something that didn't make it difficult to breathe when I used it.  I'll go to as many different stores as I have to to find it.  I was in a very small town in central Georgia for two years and the only place I could find this was online.  It's non toxic and I don't have to worry about breathing attacks.  It's doubled as shampoo, hand soap and a degreaser for pots and pans.  I've even used it for laundry soap in a pinch.  I like the fact that Seventh Generation manufacturers are looking forward to the future of the environment.  I gladly pay a little more for my health and the health of the environment.

Seventh Generation Free & Clear Dish Liquid is my first choice!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I wash dishes my hand so I want dish soap that is gentle on my skin, made of natural ingredients, and cleans my dishes and utensils. Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid does all that and more!

I realized recently that many dish soap companies don't put their ingredients on their products. After contacting one to find out what was in what I was using, I was told that the dish soap ingredients were a special formula that was not available to the public. I was not happy with that answer and began searching for a dish soap that did disclose their ingredients. Thankfully, I found Seventh Generation.

The ingredients are clearly listed on this dish soap, and there is even a place that states what each ingredient is for! I really appreciate the natural ingredients minus fragrances and dyes in my dish soap. Seventh Generation has done an outstanding job with this product and it is now the only dish soap I use!

Love this product!

from Quincy, MA

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

This product is one of many wonderful products from Seventh Generation. All of their products are eco-friendly and work great. This dish liquid is no exception. It works just as well as other, non-natural dish liquids and soaps, and it has all the benefits of being all natural, phosphate free, etc. It's great for anyone who is chemically sensitive to dyes or scents, since it has none.

Although this product can be pricey, if you can get it on sale or with a coupon, it's definitely worth it.

Seventh Generation does the job

from Monticello, FL

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I have slowly been making changes to my household products and the next step was dishwashing detergents. I have been concerned about the phosphates and other chemicals that we are using in our daily lives and also dumping into the environment.

Seventh Generation products are superior than any that I have found on the market and I enjoy using them. They do what they are supposed to do and I know that the company is one who will continue to do their part in making products that are not harmful to us or our environment.

The dish detergent cleans well and doesn't leave a residue on the dishes I wash by hands. This is gentle enough that my hands don't even feel dry after using it and since there is no overpowering floral or fruity smell all I have is clean dishes and I don't have to worry about residue left behind.

Seventh Generation is a company that I will continue to purchase from again and again as I do my part in buying ecofriendly household products.

Pretty darn good

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I purchased this product because 1. it was onsale for only .69 and 2. I generally only use natural/environmentally friendly products. I am also very picky about dish soap, before I purchased it I would only use dawn ultra because it is the only one that I find does the job really well. After trying this product I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. IT got everything clean, no water spots, no oily/greasy residue in the oil containers or anything. I did find that I use more of this product uncontously because it does not suds as much/suds dont last as long so I naturally put more in the sink or on the sponge. I know that suds are not what cleans the dishes but i'm weird so i'm trying to remember that about this product. I also find it runnier than dawn so i usually accidently pour to much out. I like that is product is envoronmentally friendly, is clear of fake stuff (dies/scents).

Not harsh on my hands and cleans well but has a poor lather.

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid:

I have decided to start using dish soap that is all natural.  I have been washing all of our dishes by hand to minimize the amount of water and electricity we use and I know that I am not perfect about getting all the soap off.  I don't want my family to ingest any of the harsh chemicals residuals that might get left from the top brand dish soaps.

I have tried several natural brands of dish soaps and so far the Seventh Generation Natural Free & Clear Dish Liquid is by far the best for the money.  It lasts me just as long as any other brand as long as I remember not to expect huge amounts of suds.  My dishes come out squeaky clean.  In the past my husband has complained about previous brands leaving a chemical smell on our dishes even when washed completely cleaned.  That doesn't happen with this dish liquid.

I think this is a great dish soap and recommend it to anyone who wants to minimize chemicals for your family and the environment.