4.8
Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

4.8

Cons

Dawn for dishes and laundry

I have always liked Dawn the best for dishes. It cuts grease like no other dishwashing liquid and cleans great. I was already sold on the product. One day I splashed some grease on the shirt I was wearing and figured it was a lost cause. I decided that since Dawn cut grease so well on the dishes, maybe it would work on my shirt. I poured some onto the spots and threw it into the wash. It came out with no grease stains. I was thrilled.

good dishwashing liquid, terrible bottle and cap design

Dawn has always been one of my very favorite dishwashing detergents.The newest design of bottle and dispensing cap are the worst.Whoever thought up this design must not have had to use this product much at all.Bottle has no "gripping" design (soap bottles do get slippery) and the dispenser top ishard to pull up.  This is caused me to rethink purchasing this product.  Please go back to older design or get someone involved with design that actually has to use a dishwashing detergent several times a day.

Cleans dishes well

from Chicago, IL

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

• Cleaning
    • Home

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

It cuts through the grease very well.

I buy this product over and over again.

from South Carolina

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

• Controlled Spray
    • Does Not Leak
    • Multi-Use
    • Pleasant Smell
    • Streak Free Application

Cons

• spot remover for grease spot in clothes

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

I have used dawn for dishes for years. I really loved the way grease would disappear from the dishes when I used dawn. I forgot to buy laundry detergent and decided to put dawn to the test. I washed my clothes in dawn and was amazed when the grease spot that wa in my favorite blouse was removed. Dawn also keeps your hands soft and not harsh on your skin.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

NOT the product it used to be!

from Eau Claire, WI

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Leaks
        • Leaves Streaks
        • Single Use Only
        • Strong Odor

• greasy clothing
        • Kitchen

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn was always my favorite dishwashing and clothing stain removal product. But, Ive noticed its changed many times over the years. Ive used this product since the early 80's, and have noticed the product has diminished in quality a lot over time. Now, it leaves my countertops, and cooking appliances with a greasy film, and I have to rinse my dishcloths after each use due to them being left slimy. Due to a recent illness, Ive left dishes overnight soaking in the sudsy water, only to find a thick slimy grudge in the bottom of the sink when emptying the water in the morning. DISGUSTING! And the dishes hadnt had grease on them when placed in the water the previous night. I now hae to use another product when cleaning the stove and countertops, and then wipe dry to remove the film off and countertops shiny. The closest competitor brand has proven to be better even though I use 2 bottles per month than one DAWN for the same price. There was a time I spot cleaned my sons greasy work jackets, and he wondered where Id found that jacket as it had hung in the basement for months dirty, and it was spotless now. Not any longer, even when Ive used a brush to scrub the stains with it. Also, Dawn is very hard on my hands when using certain scents.

• Primary use:
        • Personal

My Definate Go To Soap

from Wantagh, NY

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

This is a great product because it cleans well and is reasonable priced (and often on sale!)

The best thing about Dawn is that you only need the littlest bit to get a good about of suds to clean even the most stuck on food.

Definately depends on the scent you choose, some are definately better than others. There are a lot of choices. They are not overpowering but just the right amount to add a little something

One Of The Best Options

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

No matter what you have to wash - from pots and pans to plates and glasses - Dawn gets it clean every single time.

Every Dawn dish soap is an excellent product. They're effective at powering through any sort of mess you can throw at it with little to no presoaking required. It cleans thoroughly and never leaves behind any grease or other residue. Every item comes out beautifully clean.

Dawn is also very economical. It may not be the cheapest dishwashing liquid option out there but it is certainly one of the most effective. It is super concentrated so you really only need a bit to clean quite a pile of dishes so when you figure out the per use cost it's about the same, if not less, than cheaper alternatives which require you to use a quarter cup of soap and your dishes still aren't clean afterwards.

If you haven't tried Dawn you really should. It has been around for so many years because it's so incredibly effective.

Dawn is the best dishwasing liquid to dissolve grease!

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn is by far, the best dishwashing liquid available to dissolve grease! And not only is it great for dishes, but it's wonderful for deep cleaning plastic toys! I also use it, and it's recommended by my knitting store, to clean the fiber and wool from our sheep and alpacas. I've tried other dishwasing liquids, because they are cheaper, but it isn't worth it. Dawn is a great value, because it does the best job of dissolving grease from anything. Whether you are washing dishing, cleaning up toys, or have a need to get grease or dirt off of anything else. I also am impressed by the fact that Dawn has donated thousands of bottles of their dishwashing detergent to clean up waterfowl and other creatures after oil spills. It does the best job of any dishwashing detergent of removing the oil from their feathers and fur, without making the animals sick or hurting it in any way.

Keeps your dishes clean

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

I always seem to have dishes in the sink that cannot go in the dishwasher, so I have to wash them by hand. I always try to buy Dawn Dishwashing Liquid. It comes in a bunch of different scents, and it is gentle on your skin. You don't have to worry about this soap causing any irritation to your skin or drying out your skin.

This soap does a great job of getting your dishes clean. Even if they have stuck on food and grease, you can use Dawn to get the dishes clean. There are often commercials about how Dawn is used when there are grease spills and oil gets on animals, so this makes me feel even more confident that it will keep my dishes clean as well as being okay to use on my skin on a regular basis.

I even use this soap to wash my hands. It keeps them feeling clean, and I feel more comfortable using this soap to get my hands really clean after touching foods like raw chicken or other meat.

Dawn dish soap is my number 1

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

I love dawn dish washing soap. It's my number 1 brand to buy. I will not buy anything else. It cleans my dishes so well and does not leave streaks. I have 3 children that are messy as can be and the messes that they make are extremely dirty. Dawn dish soap is not only affordable but it gets the job done.

Dawn Dishwashing Liquid Does It All!

from Woodbridge, CT

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn Ultra Concentrated Original Scent Dishwashing Liquid is the best your money can buy. It cuts through grease and cleans your dishes, glasses, and pots thoroughly to leave them spotless and shiny every single time. It makes luscious suds and rinses away quite easily. It works miracles on stubborn laundry stains, especially mixed with a bit of bleach, as well. In addition, you will be amazed at the myriad of other household chores it works on! I can not ever be without it!

Love Dawn!

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn dish washing liquid has always been my favorite dish washing liquid. I love the different sizes and great prices to fit any budget. I love the colors and the scents are absolutely awesome. The smaller bottles are usually around 99 cents and they almost always publish a coupon in the P&G Brand Saver newspaper insert for 25 cents off or better, making them very cheap. Dawn dish washing liquid is very powerful in taking grease off of dishes. You get a clean rinse without a slimy residue. It creates very nice suds. I also use it to bathe my dog because it kills fleas. I love the apple and pineapple scents the best. They use it to clean oil off of animals in oil spills. It is very gentle and doesn't dry out their skin as long as you don't use it every day. It is a great dish detergent that works very well, smells nice, suds great and is a great value. I will definitely keep buying it and recommend it to anyone.