4.8
Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Dishwashing Liquid
Dawn

4.8

Pros

• Good power output (6)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Efficient (5)
  • Simple instructions (4)

• Cleaning (5)
  • Home (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cleaner (4)

Dawn for dishes and laundry

I have always liked Dawn the best for dishes. It cuts grease like no other dishwashing liquid and cleans great. I was already sold on the product. One day I splashed some grease on the shirt I was wearing and figured it was a lost cause. I decided that since Dawn cut grease so well on the dishes, maybe it would work on my shirt. I poured some onto the spots and threw it into the wash. It came out with no grease stains. I was thrilled.

good dishwashing liquid, terrible bottle and cap design

Dawn has always been one of my very favorite dishwashing detergents.The newest design of bottle and dispensing cap are the worst.Whoever thought up this design must not have had to use this product much at all.Bottle has no "gripping" design (soap bottles do get slippery) and the dispenser top ishard to pull up.  This is caused me to rethink purchasing this product.  Please go back to older design or get someone involved with design that actually has to use a dishwashing detergent several times a day.

It's the only dish washing soap I use

from Bloomsburg, Pa

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy on hands
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions
  • So many great scents

Cons

• Can use for other stuff besides dishes

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

This is the only dishwashing liquid I'll use. It's easy on my hands, comes in great scents, and gets my dishes clean without a lot of scrubbing. It's also reasonably priced and I've used it for years.

from Ingrammark

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

• Auto
      • Garage
      • Office

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

If it involes grease and grime if any kind, yo can count on " Dawn Dishwashing Liquid ".

Best dishwashing detergent for washing dishes by hand

from VA

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • good on greasy dishes
      • Powerful
      • Simple Instructions

• Kitchen

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

The best dishwashing detergent I have found for washing dishes by hand, I don't have a dishwasher. Cleans well, lathers good and stays nice and soapy, good on greasy dishes, lasts a long time.

Amazing

from Ontario Canada

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Powerful

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

I have a 1957 typewriter that was clogged up with oil and I have tried EVERYTHING to clean it. Alcohol, various types of soap, oil removers, vinegar, the lost goes on and on. I've worked for hours at a time to try and fix it. I tried dawn and water today, and the thing works like the day I bought it. It's amazing I can't believe after everything I've tried dawn is what worked. Over 50 years of oil buildup. I'm never using anything else to clean it with.

Dawn is hands down the best dishwashing soap around!

from Fraser, Mi

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
            • Efficient
            • Powerful
            • Simple Instructions

• Auto
              • Paint off of hands

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

I literally use Dawn for just about everything. Obviously, for dishes, but I also use it when something spills on the carpet or couch. My FAVORITE unexpected use is to clean my stove and kitchen table! My kitchen table is glass and I've tried all the window cleaners and disinfectant wipes, but they always leave residue or streaks. Dawn makes my table so clean it looks brand new, and I don't need to do a lot of scrubbing. Also the smell of Dawn is fantastic!

Cleans dishes well

from Chicago, IL

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
              • Efficient
              • Powerful

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

It cuts through the grease very well.

I buy this product over and over again.

from South Carolina

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

• Controlled Spray
                • Does Not Leak
                • Multi-Use
                • Pleasant Smell
                • Streak Free Application

Cons

• spot remover for grease spot in clothes

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

I have used dawn for dishes for years. I really loved the way grease would disappear from the dishes when I used dawn. I forgot to buy laundry detergent and decided to put dawn to the test. I washed my clothes in dawn and was amazed when the grease spot that wa in my favorite blouse was removed. Dawn also keeps your hands soft and not harsh on your skin.

• Primary use:
                  • Personal

NOT the product it used to be!

from Eau Claire, WI

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Leaks
                    • Leaves Streaks
                    • Single Use Only
                    • Strong Odor

• greasy clothing
                    • Kitchen

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn was always my favorite dishwashing and clothing stain removal product. But, Ive noticed its changed many times over the years. Ive used this product since the early 80's, and have noticed the product has diminished in quality a lot over time. Now, it leaves my countertops, and cooking appliances with a greasy film, and I have to rinse my dishcloths after each use due to them being left slimy. Due to a recent illness, Ive left dishes overnight soaking in the sudsy water, only to find a thick slimy grudge in the bottom of the sink when emptying the water in the morning. DISGUSTING! And the dishes hadnt had grease on them when placed in the water the previous night. I now hae to use another product when cleaning the stove and countertops, and then wipe dry to remove the film off and countertops shiny. The closest competitor brand has proven to be better even though I use 2 bottles per month than one DAWN for the same price. There was a time I spot cleaned my sons greasy work jackets, and he wondered where Id found that jacket as it had hung in the basement for months dirty, and it was spotless now. Not any longer, even when Ive used a brush to scrub the stains with it. Also, Dawn is very hard on my hands when using certain scents.

• Primary use:
                    • Personal

My Definate Go To Soap

from NY

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

This is a great product because it cleans well and is reasonable priced (and often on sale!)

The best thing about Dawn is that you only need the littlest bit to get a good about of suds to clean even the most stuck on food.

Definately depends on the scent you choose, some are definately better than others. There are a lot of choices. They are not overpowering but just the right amount to add a little something

One Of The Best Options

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

No matter what you have to wash - from pots and pans to plates and glasses - Dawn gets it clean every single time.

Every Dawn dish soap is an excellent product. They're effective at powering through any sort of mess you can throw at it with little to no presoaking required. It cleans thoroughly and never leaves behind any grease or other residue. Every item comes out beautifully clean.

Dawn is also very economical. It may not be the cheapest dishwashing liquid option out there but it is certainly one of the most effective. It is super concentrated so you really only need a bit to clean quite a pile of dishes so when you figure out the per use cost it's about the same, if not less, than cheaper alternatives which require you to use a quarter cup of soap and your dishes still aren't clean afterwards.

If you haven't tried Dawn you really should. It has been around for so many years because it's so incredibly effective.