Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert

Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert

Pros

Cons

Best soap for dishwashers with hard water.

from Eagle Mountain, UT

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

I discovered this in my quest for a dishwasher soap that would not leave my dishes with that white film. This has been great. I have very hard water and have tried everything, including vinegar, lemon juice, and salt trying to find something that would work. This is the only thing I have ever found that actually cleans my dishes. It disolves completely and doesn't leave any residue in the soap dispenser. It is reasonbly priced and easy to find. I wished it came in a bigger size because I am only able to get about 25 loads from a bottle. Another great thing about this product is the yummy lemon smell that it emits when washing.

Amazing product!

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

I would advise anyone with water issues to use this! We have heavy tannin in our water, so it is yellow. We have a water softener and iron remover machine, and our water is still yellow. My white dishes were yellow, and the inside of my dishwasher was just gross looking. I ran it through empty once, and then have used it with every run for about 2 weeks. It was not immediate, but my dishwasher is now white, and so are my white dishes! I'm not embarrassed to pull out my dishes anymore! And my glasses sparkle. I cannot recommend this product high enough.

works great

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

I live in an area that's known for its hard water. There was no water softener in my home when I bought it & there's limited space to add one. Even right out of the dishwasher, my dishes & silverware never really looked clean because of the hard water stains. Everything had also developed a chalky feel. I tried soaking the items in CLR, which only slightly helped. I happened upon Lemi Shine while shopping at Meijer and it works great!! My dishes look new again! I'm going back to the store tonight to buy more in case it's difficult to find later. I'll never go back to detergent alone.

Won't run my dishwasher without it

from Half Way, MO

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

A friend and I was discussing how my glasses were getting a build-up on them after using the dishwasher. With us having extremly hard water, I was having to had scrub the dishes with an abrasive cleaner once a month just to have them sparkle. She suggested I try Lemi Shine. She said that she was having the same problem and after a couple of uses, she noticed that her dishes didn't have the build up. So, I went to Wal-Mart and bought 1 container of Lemi Shine for my dishwasher. After two uses, I noticed that the build-up was starting to disappear. After 4 washes, the cloudy appearance was gone. Now, I won't run my dishwasher without Lemi Shine.

As an update to my original post on Lemi Shine, I had to purchase a new dishwasher. I continue to use the Lemi Shine due to the hard water. I have noticed that my heating element and dishwasher is clean and doesn't have hard water build-up. Also, I use Lemi Shine in my coffee pot. Once a week I will sprinkle some in the carafe and it removes the coffee stains. I do the same for my tea pitcher. Lemi Shine is eco friendly and doesn't make you hands smell like bleach.

I would recommend this to anyone to try this product. I promise you will be as happy as I am.

It's better than awesome! The only stuff that works.

from San Jose, NM

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

I tried everything including vinegar, CLR and other name brand products. Then I received a sample of Lemi-Shine... I'm finally in love with a product that thoroughly cleans the hard water scale from my dishwasher. I even use a little in my coffe maker, because it work so extremely well. I'll never, ever buy any other brand!

Best Stuff EVER!

from Crowley, TX

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

If you have hard water problems this is for you! I've never experienced hard water until we got to Texas. The first year or two was fine, then all of a sudden bam! The dishes always "looked" dirtier after they were washed! We tried everything, even buying a brand new dishwasher. But still no luck.

I saw the Lemi Shine in the grocery store and at first decided not to try it because of the price. A little on the expensive side. But one day I decided to when I had a little wiggle room in my grocery budget. Boy am I glad I did! Thankfully you don't pour it in both bins. You put your regular detergent in the pre-wash bin and Lemi Shine in the main bin. Our glasses are crystal clear again! Beautiful. Now the plastic stuff is still cloudy, but I am noticing with each wash they are starting to get a little clearer each time. This stuff is Fantastic and definitely worth the money. I will make room for this in my budget!

Fantastic product!

from Akron, OH

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

The only thing disappointing about this product is not finding it sooner! When running it through our dishwasher for the first time (without dishwear inside) it cut through tons of rust build up that we had given up on. It even cleaned the rust off of the dish racks! I can't remember ever seeing the inside of the dishwasher looking so wonderful. When using Lemi Shine with our dishwear, it has been nothing but perfect. We no longer feel the need to re-clean the items when they emerge from the washer. Everything is shiny, with no hard water film or residue. It has saved us so much time! We are working on now transitioning from dishwasher 'tabs' to a combination of Lemi Shine and liquid detergent. There will defnitely be a savings in money because of not having to re-clean the items, as well as having to use half of the detergent as we were before discovering Lemi Shine. What an amazing product!

Lemi Shine - Takes all the hard work out of washing dishes!

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

I was thrilled when my husband finally installed a dishwasher in my kitchen. The first dishwasher I've ever owned! However, after a month of using the dishwasher every single day, I noticed a dull film on my glasses, pots and pans, silverware, etc. I purchased the most expensive dishwasher tablets, gel-packs, etc., I could find. Nothing helped. My grandmother asked if I had tried Lemi Shine to remove this film. I hadn't, and decided to give it a shot. After one load with Lemi Shine added, I was completely amazed at the difference. The film was gone! My silverware was shining! The glasses were sparkling, and the dishes were spot-free! No more need for Jet-Dry, or for fancy gel-packs or expensive dishwasher tablets. Just sprinkle a big of Lemi Shine in with each load, and you'll be amazed at the difference it makes. This product actually works. I recommend it to everybody, and have never had anybody come back saying it doesn't work. Everyone loves it! You won't be disappointed!

lemi shine is nothing short of a miracle

from Canton, OH

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

i'll tell you i have used jet dry, 4 different dishwasher detergents, vinegar, baking soda, etc. And no such luck. I logged on to facebook and asked what i could due to get this horrible white film off my dishes. It was on plastic tumbler cups, pans, pretty much every thing in there. A friend responded with your product. I purchased lemi shine, brought it home and oh my was i amazed not only was everything sparkling clean just after 1 cycle, but the whole entire inside of my dishwasher was completely clean. This was a jaw dropper for me. I am very pleased and will consistently use this product. If anyone i know has issues with hard water i will definetly recommend lemi shine. Thank you so very much. I am an extremely satisified customer.

Lemi Shine gets the Hard Water spots off the dishes!

from Hurricane, UT

Comments about Lemi Shine The Hard Water Expert:

I just found out about Lemi Shine a few weeks ago and I am already in love! After the laws changed and dishwasher detergents were made phosphate free (phosphates help soften water) my dishes were coming out of the dishwasher with a cloudy film and they just looked gross (especially my glasses!) A friend told me about Lemi Shine and I went out that day and bought some. I first did an empty load and filled the entire detergent dispenser with Lemi Shine to clean out the dishwasher and it looked really nice and clean. Since then I have been using my regular power ball tab detergent and adding just a bit of Lemi Shine to each load, I could tell the difference immediately! The glasses were coming out clear again, no more cloudy glasses and no more film or residue on the plates and plastics! The only downside is it is a little pricey and doesn't last very long, I wish they made bigger containers (especially since the new phosphate free soaps came out!) but I am loving having clear dishes again!