Other Blenders:

Oster 16-Speed Blender

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Our favorite blender ever!

My husband and I have been married for over 15 years now and have had a couple of blenders in that time but nothing that we really loved...until now. We have had blenders that worked ok but broke easily, lost their seal and were a pain to wash. We recently purchased an Oster 16 speed blender and it has been one of our best purchases ever and we have certainly never regretted this purchase. It has never failed to perform the job we needed done exactly as we needed it done whether it was crushing ice, blending smoothies or milkshakes or various other frozen concoctions. Both of our previous blenders quickly developed a tendency to leak shortly after we purchased it but we have not run into that problem with this blender and it's incredibly easy to use and very straightforward. We love the way it looks and think the design is very attractive so we have no problem leaving it on our kitchen counter as part of our kitchen decor. I love that the parts can be put into the dishwasher which is a huge plus to me so I never hesitate to use it on a day to day basis if necessary. It always comes out perfectly clean so that is one of my favorite features. We were able to find this particular model on sale so we definitely feel like it is more than worth what we paid for it and even if this particular blender stopped working today I would have no problem going out and purchasing the same exact model again. I would even go as far as to say that I would purchase this blender again even if it wasn't on sale simply because the hassles we had with our previous blenders were very frustrating considering the blenders were relatively new at the time.

I will say that we primarily use our blender for drinks of some kind - smoothies, icees for the kids (a HUGE summer hit around here), milkshakes, frozen cocktails, etc. but some of my smoothies have used things like spinach and celery and things of that nature and this Oster blender deals with those very easily with minimal straining required prior to drinking it so it enables us to blend up really healthy smoothies for breakfast, lunch or dinner in just a matter of minutes. We just keep chopped up fruits and veggies in the fridge ready to pop into the blender whenever we're ready and it's incredibly convenient. It's nice to have it right on the counter ready to go when the kids come home from school and want a quick snack and I want them to have something healty and nutritious that they will actually drink!

I really like the stainless steel look to the blender and it is very easy to keep looking nice. I was worried about smudges showing and making it look dull and dirty but that has not been an issue at all. I just wipe it down after each use and if I haven't used it in a week or so I just dust it and it shines right back up no problem. Although it is very sturdy it is not overly heavy even when almost full so it 's easy to use with one hand while pouring into multiple glasses on the counter.

I love all the different speeds and options that are included on this blender and have yet to actually be able to use them all. They are easy to use and I have never had a problem with any of the buttons sticking or anything of that nature. I truly cannot think of a negative thing to say about this blender so I guess that statement really speaks for itself. I think the food processing accessory that I see comes with one of the blenders would be a really neat feature to have and I may actually look into purchasing that separately at some point if possible. I think it is something that we could get a lot of use out of especiall since we keep the base unit on our counter continuously anyway at this point. Overall I feel like this is the perfect blender for us for this price range.

today's oster's are nothing like the ones from the 60's-70's

I have owned, both new and old versions of oster blenders.  Now, I own a newer version called the ostersizer and I have got to say, it does it's job, but I am not impressed.  My 70's model that finally took a crap on me in 2005 was made back when quality meant something.  A glass caraff, with a steel base to house the blade and more power than you can shake a stick at.  My blender now gets bogged down all the time and I actually have to pick the whole contraption up and shake it while blending to get the contents to actually blend.  I got to say I really do not enjoy smoothie day anymore because it is simply too much of a hassle.  But don't get me wrong oster is one of the better names on the market still with only one brand that has kept with quality and will always be better and that is kitchenaid.  Every other name can just save me the trouble and jump itno the garbage on their own.  Oster is good, but it definately is a far cry from the amazing it used to be.  Let me know when they put real materials back into them, I want two then.

good product

from Brooke tx

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

i recent purchased this blender because it was on sale and my old one had just broke! i choose this one mainly because it looked simple and very easy to use. It also came in a lot of different color options. I really like that its not bulky, as i have a small kitchen and limited to counter space. Its also not very heavy at all which i liked as well. Its really easy to use and does what it needs to use. I use it mainly for shakes or blending food.

This blender was a lot easier to clean then previous ones I've had in the past. Since its a simple blender, nothing high tech, everything comes off pretty fast and its easy to clean all the tiny hidden pieces.

This is very easy to use. It has push buttons and the options are self-explanatory. Nothing too fancy to make it confusing or hard to use.

Its a really simple look but i like it. The come in a few different colors giving you more options and variety.

• Versatility:

Great blender that won't break easy.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

I would recommend this Oster blender to any homeowner, especially to those who enjoy cooking foods with fresh cut vegetables and spices. The blade is awesome and helps me chop my ingredients to the texture I prefer, especially when I prepare my homemade food seasonings.

Blending Power
The blending power of this blender is very strong and quick. The sharpness of the blades helps you finish your food creations quick and with little mess due to the excellent speed.

Versatility
The Oster 16-speed blender offers great versatility by having different types of speed buttons for different types of foods.

This blenders glass jar really makes it easy to clean since the food doesn't stick as much and if any of it does, it easily comes out when you add water or any liquid.

This is one of the easiest blenders I have ever used. The buttons are self explanatory and you can see the texture of what you are mixing so that you know how much to or not to blend.

I like the blender design because the glass jar is large enough to get a good amount of whatever you are blending without having to repeat the process.

I purchased this Oster blender more than two years ago and it still works just as new. If you are looking for a durable blender, then I truly recommend this one without hesitation.

• Versatility:

Good blender for everyday use

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

This blender is good for everyday use and is pretty good at making smoothies. It is able to handle frozen fruits and ice cubes well when making smoothies. Also, I have used it to puree foods for my baby when I am too lazy to use the food processor.

The base does not come off which makes it tricky to clean the blades fully. We have to use a scrub brush to get under the blades since, when we use a sponge, you are in danger of getting stabbed by the blades.

The blender is pretty self-explanatory since all the different functions are listed on the buttons. The reason why I gave it an 8 is that I cannot tell the difference between all the functions and between the high power versus the low power version of each function. I just keep pushing the buttons randomly until what I am making is at the right consistency. I am sure that there is more logic to it than that but I cannot figure it out and truly all the functions seem the same.

Powerful Blender

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

We got this as a wedding gift, and it's my favorite kitchen appliance. I love any excuse to use it. I love this blender. It can chop anything. I love that it's made of thick glass and not plastic. It makes great smoothies especially. It do something as heavy duty as can chopping nuts or frozen bread, or do something as delicate as making fresh whipped cream. You won't be sorry that you purchased this powerhouse blender! Cleans easily as well.

• Versatility:

Not too bad for a basic blender.

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

I am a person who loves to make smoothies, milkshakes and coffee drinks. So when I look for a blender my biggest fear is that I'm going to burn up the motor. This one actually is still working after 1 year of owning it. So it is built to last. My issues with it is that it takes a long time to blend up ice and often leaves big chunks of ice in my drinks. I use dates to sweeten things and I have regularly had to chew or spit out the chunks.

Blending Power
This has been my biggest issue. I have chunks of ice or food left after blending for several minutes, removing the container, and stirring. If I were just interested in blending soft foods it would be great but I usually have frozen fruits that don't tend to get blended well.

Versatility
It can blend, slowly, most foods but if you are blending mostly frozen items you may find that your smoothie isn't so smooth.

The container itself is easy to clean but bits of blueberry like to get stuck between the blade and the blender and there is a seal it gets stuck on. The nice thing is that you can remove the bottom of the container and take it apart to clean.

I always start with liquids on the bottom and frozen on top. I find that when you are blending icy things that it gets an air bubble in the bottom that prevents the blades from moving the ice down. It would work better if it had a paddle of sorts to push the food down into the blade area rather than having to stop the blender and stir the food and then restart it.

It really is a pretty blender and fits well under a cabinet. It is fairly easy to clean.

I am actually impressed that how much I use a blender that it is still working I have gone through blenders in day's to weeks after getting them.

I love Oster Blenders!

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

My husband and I were given the 16-speed Oster blender for our wedding anniversary and I have to say, for the price this blender has served us well. I'm very big on making smoothies and this blender by Oster seems to do the trick just fine. This isn't my first Oster blender but I have grown to trust it. The problem I have with these blenders is that it could chop ice a little better. What I love most is the variety of settings on these blenders. Tons of choices from crushing ice to blending to shredding, pulsing, mixing, whatever you need! It's very easy to clean as well, except, I did accidentally cut my hand on the blade during the first couple of washes. Other than that it's fine. It's very user-friendly too! No instructions are really needed because it's easy to figure out how to use it with the settings right there on the front of it. We've had this blender for awhile too and it hasn't broken on us yet.

Oster Blender Review

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

The blender works okay, but I have to stop it often to stir because things will get stuck at the bottom.

Blending Power
The power is decent, as long as you are not trying to blend ice or anything that is very thick. If so, you must keep pausing the blender to stir.

Versatility
Can be used to chop up food also.

Easy to clean. Bottom of blender with blades unscrews, and

Constantly having to stir

I've had it for a few years, and it's still working the same as it did when I got it.

Does the job

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

Average, decent blender. If you've got larger items like strawberries you will most likely have to keep taking the top off to push everything down and manually mix. Once everything has really begun to blend, it is usually all incorporated and mixed to satisfaction, minus a small issue with leafy greens.

• Versatility:

this blender is not the one...

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

I was extremely hopeful that this blender would be "the one", but i'm afraid that is simply not the case. I have found this model to be very disappointing no matter what task you're trying to tackle. First of all i have found that this blender refuses to crush ice for me, or do any thing with ice for that matter. it just. doesn't. happen. i can not make a smoothie even with just frozen fruit and milk without having to stab at the blade to situate my fruit, even if the fruit isn't frozen it is just a low quality blender. I also like to blend my veggies for spaggeti sauce and this is an impossible task without a large amount of tomato sauce to thin it. Even with the tomato sauce you will find that it'll just make that buzzy sound, meaning....blades are moving but nothing is happening. so once again you have to pull out your little spatula and stab at it some more. If you are looking for a no fuss blender, in my opinion this is not it! keep looking.

Blender

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender:

This blender is a good value. It performs as expected, and we did not have to blow the budget to get it. We have used it to make delicious smoothies, milkshakes, mixed drinks, etc. Fantastic product. There has been a slight issue with rust on the pin that fits into the base of the glass cup, but it's still functional. If not for this, I would have given it a 5.