3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The best kitchen appliance I've ever had!

I have chosen to write a review of my latest and greatest discovery.  I recently purchased the Oster Osterizer 14 speed blender.  This is a magnificent product!
Read complete review

The durability of the Osterizer blender is awesome. One of my favorite features is that this blender has the power and durability to chop cubed ice! The heavy glass pitcher, which holds up to five cups, and all metal drive,razor sharp blades perform to perfection for making smoothies, milk shakes, and countless other recipe favorites.

Other features are blend, puree, liquefy, mince, grate, shred, grind, beat, cream, mix and whip.  There is also the "pulse" option, which assures you that your recipe's ingredients are perfected.  Another great feature is the high and low speed, which gives you all the control you could want when preparing your favorite drinks or any kind of refreshments for the family.

The Osterizer never leaves our countertop!  Not only do I use it, but it has become my husband's favorite kitchen gadget!  We both enjoy the self-cleaning option, just a couple drops of dish-washing liquid, add water and hit the button!  In just seconds the Osterizer is ready to be rinsed and reset  on it's base. You will be amazed at the ease of cleaning the Osterizer...it takes less than one minute.

The Oster Osterizer also has the safety features of a convenient, polarized plug and short cord.  The base is made of durable plastic and sits on four rubber tipped "toes" making it impossible to slip or slide from the countertop.

The Oster Osterizer is a must for any kitchen. It makes a great gift for any occasion and is priced just right. I highly recommend the Oster Osterizer for anyone who is just a beginner in the kitchen or for those that have difficulty chopping, mixing, or any of the above functions.

It is readily available anywhere fine kitchen products are sold.  In my opinion, this product is worth its weight and more in gold!  I hope you enjoy my review and I know you will be pleased, as will the entire family if you purchase the Oster Osterizer 14 speed blender!

Oster 14 speed Blender is average

The Oster 14 speed blender is fine but nothing special.  There are some nice things about it but also some things I wish were different. There are many speeds including an ice crusher speed which does crush ice but only if there is plenty of liquid in it.  It is avertised that it doesn't need liquid to crush ice but we have found that to not be true.  It is also very easy to clean, when we are finished blending, we just fill it with a bit of water and dish soap and blend again to get everything out of every groove and then we wash it regularly.  This helps keep it squeeky clean.  The jar is glass instead of plastic which is nice and can be thrown in the dishwasher.  It is also very clearly marked and easy for measuring.  I have also found that you have to mix it as it's blending to make sure that it blends evenly otherwise the bottom will blend but not the top.  I use this machine mainly for smoothies and with a little extra work, it does what I ask of it.

Average Blender.

from Kansas

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

The Oster 14-Speed is just your average blender. It does not have any fancy features. It works fine for smoothies and milkshakes. There are multiple settings you can chose from depending on how much blending you want done. For the low price, this is a fine blender for those who do not require some fancy powerful blender.

Blending Power
This blender does the job, but there are more powerful options out there. This is good for simple things like smoothies or milkshakes.

Versatility
I primarily use this for making smoothies. It probably would not be powerful enough for some things, such as chopping nuts.

This blender, like most other ones, is slightly difficult to clean. Getting the gunk off of the blade takes some time. I allow it to soak for a while and that seems to help the cleaning process.

This blender is easy to use because all you have to do is push a button.

The design of this blender is very simple.

I used this blender for a few years and it held up just fine.

Pretty Good Blender

from Greer, SC

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

We got this blender as a wedding gift several years ago and we still have it. It's pretty durable, but we don't use it that often. The blending power is not as good as some out there, but it does okay. The design is pretty good and there are multiple functions so you can find just the right amount of blending you want. It's pretty easy to use as well...just push a button. Although the buttons on mine do seem a bit hard to push. Also it's not very easy to clean depending on what kinds of things you are putting in it and cleaning the mixing blades is pretty tedious as well. My biggest complaint about this product is the fact that the container that mixes everything up is made out of plastic. Our family is learning about the dangers of certain types of plastic and moving to more glasses storage containers and kitchen products. If the plastic isn't an issue to do this blender is fine for the price, but I would really suggest going with one that's made out of glass.

Oster 14 Speed

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender before my first semester of college and I didn't have a ton of money to spend on one, so I went with the Oster 14 speed. I expected it to last through the semester and kick the bucket. I still have it today (almost a year and a half later) and it is still going strong. I use it for mainly smoothies with frozen fruits, and it does really well with them. I was super surprised by the durability, and I would buy another if it came down to it.

Blending Power
It does a good job blending hard-to-blend things and I've blended oatmeal&frozen fruit smoothies with it more times than I can count.

It's not too hard to clean, but I always find it tough to get stuff out of the very bottom underneath the blades.

VERY easy to use. As long as you can plug it in and push a button, you're good.

It looks like your run of the mill, cheap blender, but it does a good job.

My Oster 14 Speed has lasted me more than a year now, and it is still running strong. I am very impressed for the price.

• Versatility:

Perfect for what needs blending

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I love this blender, with it I'm able to do smoothies, mince and shred herbs, grind ice for ices, do paste, it's just very good with all the different types of speeds. I've had this blender for about two years and it's still good as new.

It's very easy to clean specially when you unscrew the bottom to clean more throughoutly and comfortable with out trying to fit your and cleaning tool, either sponge or otherwise.

Each botton of the speed has what it basically can do to what you put in it, they're comfortable to press and not easily broken.

It's a simple design with it being complicated and confusing. It's not too heavy so you can move it easily from one place to another and put it away with out difficulties.

I've had for two years and nothing has faded or cracked or began to leak, it is still as new looking and working as when I bought it. The bottom hasn't stop sealing perfectly when you screw it back on as it something does for other blenders.

It's a great product.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I purchased this blender with the idea of using it for mix drinks. But since my purchase, I have used this blender for smoothies which I really liked. I have tried blended plain yogurt with different types of fruits for low-calorie smoothies. Also, I had the task of making some Butternut Squash Soup, in which I had to puree all of the ingredients in the blender. This was my first time making squash soup, but the soup was delicious. Now, since the weather is getting colder, I'll probably using my blender for it's original purpose of making me some mix drinks. I really like this blender because it was at a cost that I could afford. Before buying this brand I had debated which type of blender I really wanted. But when I went shopping and saw this particular brand in the color that I also wanted, I chose the Oster. It truly was a great choice.

Blending Power
Blends well for it's size.

Easy to switch settings.

The blades are a little difficult to clean because of there sharpness.

Really simple.

Doesn't take up much kitchen countertop.

I think it will last awhile.

great

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

Very good blender that got the job done for what was needed. Anything that I wanted to make using this blender the drink was made. Very effective at mixing up protein shakes. Could also be used for smoothies from different fruits and would not be chunky.

Love It

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I have this blender it is bulky and takes up a lot of space, but it works. I hate how sometimes the blades turn but it does not mix the food that you are blending so it doesn't blend everything just what is on the bottom.

Blending Power
Doesn't always blend properly lots of chunks afterwords.

• Versatility:

Great product for the cost.

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

This blender is really good at making smoothies which is what I bought it for. I used it to make a strawberry banana smoothie and it worked great even with frozen strawberries. I also used it to make apple sauce which was a bit more difficult because I used no liquid additives and the apples got stuck. After adding a bit of water it worked again great but there were air bubbles that slowed down the blender as it went. Overall it was a decent blender for the cost. Very easy to clean out liquids just rinse and add a bit of soap and then dry. It would be more difficult to clean solids out of it because the blades are not removable. This is one of the best blenders I have purchased but it could use a second blade higher up in the blender cup to help blend larger amounts of product. I did experience some issues with this when I used it because it would get air bubbles and not chop the food higher up in the blender.

Smoothie Love

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

Overall i am in love with this blender. During the heat of the summer it was a very welcome addition to our kitchen appliance family. My family and i are one hundred percent smoothie-holics, my kids cannot get enough of them and this particular blender delivered time and time again. Imagine the thirst quenching wholesome goodness of fresh fruit, yogurt and ice as you add it to this dream machine blender and take charge of hot days like never before. Smoothies are but a drop in the bucket as to everything this blender is capable of.

Blending Power
I personally found this product to handle very well and had no issues with it's power.

Versatility
Make a delicious margarita, refreshing milkshake or throw in some graham crackers for a crust for your cheesecake, pulse some cheese to add to your enchilladas. Whatever you dream up, this blender will treat you right again and again.

I found this blender extremely quick and simple to clean.

This product is very easy to use.

Sleek and modern design.

Seems to hold up just wonderful to all we've dished out.

Oster 14 Speed Blender-6803

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I am so happy that I decided to purchase this product!! I have made multiple smoothies, and tropical blend pudding. This blends things very well, you can put a hard piece of pineapple, and it eats right through it. Strawberries are another big thing for my family, and this makes some great strawberry smoothies. I have also found multiple smoothie mixes at my local grocery store. Those include Hershey's Chocolate Banana Smoothie- that was probably my favorite. Others include Sunkist Sunrise Orange smoothie mix. I would definitely recommend this blender to anybody. I also got it a a wonderful, low price.

Blending Power
The blending power is wonderful!! You can blend the softest of things, or the hardest.

Versatility
The versatility is great. I can make smoothies to soup, or even pudding. This is a very versatile product.

I have tried to make numerous items with this blender, and it gets very, very dirty. But it is also very easy to clean!! You can take the "pitcher" out and wash it just as you would a cup.

The ease of use is completely easy!

I think the design could use some changes here or there, but I would not make any drastic changes. I think the design capability is wonderful.

I think that, overall this blender will be a long lasting staple in our home.