Other Blenders:

Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Amazing Blender-puree, grind, shop, and more

I don't use a blender often but when I do I want one that will crush ice for drinks, grind cereal for recipes, and puree for sauces.  My old blender just wouldn't crush ice at all.  The chunks kept clogging up the blades and making frozen drinks became too much of a hassle.  I researched alittle before settling on this moderately priced blender that promises to easily crush ice and is dishwasher safe.  Yes to both.  I can throw in ice or frozen fruit and easily whip up smoothies or frozen margaritas without having to stop and unclog the blades.  It has a nice capacity size and the twelve speeds work great for me.  After washing the blender just make sure that you get everything back together snugly.  I have noticed some issues with the way the pieces fit together.  It takes some rocking for them to lock into place but once together, I haven't had any trouble with leaking or pieces coming through the lid.  I don't like the food processor that came with it.  I like to grind up Fiber One cereal and nuts for recipes.  The processor just didn't work for that.  After a couple of tries, I gave up and just threw the items into the blender.  The blender did a better job of chopping and grinding my items.  All in all, I am extremely happy with this Oster blender and would recommend it highly.  It does an amazing job of chopping ice and whipping items.  My dog doesn't appreciate the noise though.  : )

Heavy weight mistake.

We bought the Oster 6889 Core 12-Speed Blender after what we thought was a fair amount of research, we had intended to buy something my young son could make smoothies and such with. Upon un-packaging the Oster I realized the it was going to be a little heavy for him and my wife, who is recovering from surgery. Weight aside I thought the unit would still perform as I had hoped. with our first use of the blender I noticed the taper of the jar was very steep almost straight , which made it difficult for the smoothie ingredients to ever make it to the blade to be blended. After some time and coaxing with a few stops of the blender and pushing the ingredients downwards we were finally able to achieve some well blended drinks.

Blending Power
The Oster has plenty of power, easily crushing ice for smoothies, if you can get the ice to the blade.

Versatility
I don't consider the unit to be very versatile the shape of the jar make it very hard to blend anything of any bulk at all, as far as liquids it's great, but I personally wouldn't recommend it for much more.

The Oster is incredibly easy to take apart and clean. The dis-assembly allows for the unit to be very thoroughly cleaned, and sanitized.

I didn't find the Oster very easy to use it held the ingredients to high in the jar and tended to slide around during some of the lid removals.

The overall design and look of the product is great but, the functionality of the design leaves a bit to be desired.

The Oster seems to be a very durable unit, I can't say I have abused this unit as much as i do most things i buy, simply because it is too hard to use.

Heavy weight mistake.

from Rome,GA

• Versatility:

Good quality product for the money.

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

Good quality product for the money. Got this for my son to make his morning smoothies and he loves it. It's a good product that also allows for single use as well with a bonus blending cup. It works great on frozen drinks as well. It does have the occasional chunk of ice, but overall, it makes a mean pina colada.

Blending Power
Blends very well whether you are making your favorite frozen margarita or a morning protein smoothie. This is a very good product.

Versatility
The product is very versatile and easy to use.

This is very easy to clean. You can pop the items in the dishwasher and forget it until the cycle is finished.

It has a 12 speed / button feature that is pretty much idiot proof. You simply select the button of the process you want, and away it goes. It is very good at anything that you can throw at it.

It has a slightly retro design and has a smaller footprint than some of the other blenders we compared them to. It doesn't take a lot of counter space and is sleek and stylish at the same time. This has been a good choice for our family and we pretty much use it every day.

It's a very durable product, easy to use, and clean.

Great

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

This blender has held up to several moves and is still in great shape. I love the ease of being able to disassemble the pitcher and put right in the dishwasher after uding it. The food processor attachment that comes with the blender is a little rough when it comes to actually processing the foods you would like processed in it.

Blending Power
The blending power does what you need it to do. It can crush ice almost instantly.

This is really simple, you simply take apart the blade from the pitcher and put in the dishwasher or wash by hand if preferd, up to you. If something gets on the base just simply wipe it.

The use of it is really easy. All you do is switch from the low to high setting or vice versa, then choose which option you want.

The design is made with the user in mind. You don't have to learn complicated menu's just to set up the blender.

The durability is phenomenal. I have had this blender for about three years now, and is still working like the first day I bought it.

• Versatility:

Great for everyday blending!

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

Different blending choices makes this product user friendly and able to make lots of recipes! I use it for blending chicken salad!

Blending Power
The power is great! Works quickly!

Versatility
I am able to make lots of different recipes!

Easy to take apart and clean!

Large front buttons with easy to read blend types makes it easy to choose what I need!

Mine came in stainless steel which matches my kitchen decor!

Have only had mine about a month, but so far is working great

• Versatility:

Oster power at a decent price.

from Hanford, CA

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

It gave me the great performance of the Osterizer brand at a significantly lower price. I had a 10 speed before this and it was great. Faster only makes this product better than ever. I even found it in red to match my kitchen.

Blending Power
The power is sufficient to take care of most anything you can think of. It performs with the power you need to get the job done.

Versatility
You can blend most anything you desire. It mixes,blends,etc everything from salad dressings, to smoothies, to creating any culinary creation you can imagine.

Able to clean without any nooks and crannys where stuff can accumulate and hide. Most parts were immersable.

Easy as simply pressing the button and voila!

Nice enough to leave out on the counter and I found it in red!

Its been dropped=still performing at it's best.

• Versatility:

This is a great blender!

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

I received this Oster blender/food processor as a wedding gift. Immediately I loved the look. If you can call a kitchen appliance beautiful, then it's beautiful! It looks nice and sleak on my countertop.

It works really wonderful too. The blender even chops ice with ease. I mainly use it for milk shakes and smoothies, and it's been a great product for that. When my daughter was a baby, I used it for baby food, and I really liked that blended everything very smooth.

The food processor is really convenient too. I use it to chop small things like onions and peppers. It makes cooking time simple and quick!

I would definitely recommend this blender/food processor to anyone. It's a great product and one that you will use over and over!

• Versatility:

Pretty happy with my Oster blender

from Galloway, OH

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

Over all I think this is a great blender. I like the glass pitcher, it is easy to clean and dishwasher safe, and came in colors to match our kitchen. I use this for everything from making smoothies, protien shakes, baby food and purees for sauces. It works great for hot or cold, cuts through ice like a champ. I also like there are different attachment options. I have a travel cup that I can make my protein shake in right on the blender and not have to dirty both a cup and the blender. My only complaint is that you have to make sure the top is lined up perfectly or the blender doesn't work properly, shakes and can get stuck. As long as you make sure you have everything set up just right, this blender works great. I don't use the food processor attachement often, the blender works great for it all.

BEST DEAL for a double-duty product

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

This was the best purchase I've made in my new apartment. I came across the country in a car, and had to give up my fabulous cuisinart 600-watt blender/food processor. I don't mind, because the only downside to this product is the smaller motor and the plastic blender jar. The food processor is small, but perfect for a singleton or small family. One downside is it doesn't have a hole in the top, so you can't add food while it's running. This is not true of the blender, which does have a hole to add ingredients while blending.

It's not too loud, has lots of speeds and a pulse button (which appears to blend or process at only two speeds--the 6th and 12th speeds). I only ever have difficulties with either if the ingredients are too dry. In the blender you have to put the liquid on the bottom and make sure there's enough of it.

Why buy a more expensive model when you can get the results you need with this?

Awesome for the price!

from Redondo Beach, CA

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

I do not use this one everyday or anything, but I have never had a problem with this blender/ processor and has been able to handle everything I have thrown at it. And it is nice to have both a blender and processor for the price of one. Good value overall!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

from Port Washington, WI

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender/Food Processor:

Absolutely love this blender/food processor! I love to make smoothies for me and my daughter and my smoothie maker I had was horrible so after much research I decided on this item because I was also in need of a food processor. The blender crushes ice better than any other blender I have ever used. It literally takes like 8 seconds to crush ice and blend my smoothie. I have used frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, any frozen berry you can think of. The ice i use are cubes from an ice tray. It's amazing how quickly it grinds everythinbg up.  Moving on to the food processor. VERY useful and works great! I've made salsa in it grated cheese, chopped parsley and used it for many other things.Works like a charm every single time!!!  It has become a regular everyday staple in our household and I recommend it to all of my friends and family. I have even gifted it over the holidays to a few of my friends.