3.9
Oster
Oster 10-Speed Blender

Oster 10-Speed Blender

3.9

Pros

• Stable (3)

• Drinks (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (4)

Simple,easy to use blender

It blends very well especially if you have to make pastes. I have tried making pastes in Ninja food system as well, but the smoothness this blender gives, is unsurpassed.
Read complete review

Blending Power
I am impressed by its power to crush and make chutneys, or pastes. I am scared to use it for blending dry stuff such as spices though. Would not want the blades to get damaged.I also like the cold coffee it helps me make in seconds, with nice froth in it.

Versatility
I am not sure how versatile it would be to blend large amounts of food. It also does not juice so well, but it isn't meant to do that, so it is okay. For larger quantities I simply use my food system.

The blade parts are removable. There is a rubber over the blade rim, which initially was difficult for me to take off while washing. But later I realized I was taking it off wrongly, and hence the trouble. It is actually very simple. Best thing to do is to rinse off the stuff as soon as I am done with my blending. Cleaning later is much easier that way.

Very simple and easy to use. No complicated buttons,. The functions maybe limited but that's what makes it simple. Once you know what all this blender can do and can not do, it is convenient to use. It crushes ice too and also chops veggies.

I like the squarish design. There is a small removable cap in the center of its cover, to pour water through it, I presume. It is a little tough to take off while blending. So I have to sop the blender to pour water through it.

The cap is made of rubber and the durability of the rubber is some thing I am not too sure about. I hope it lasts. The body is made of plastic, which looks fine.

An easy to use but very basic machine.

This is an all-around good machine, but definitely not meant for heavy usage.

This is an all-around good machine, but definitely not meant for heavy usage.

I like that the machine has both a low and a high speed setting, which is nice for when I am blending thicker or thinner liquid mixtures. I do not see a lot of difference between the 10 "speed" settings. Honestly they don't change the speed of the blender greatly.

I use it on a daily basis for mixing health shakes, and it has held up well for over a year. It has never jammed, or clogged, but I do only use it for blending shake-type drinks. It cleans easily, with a quick wipe down, the blade assembly is easy to remove and clean.

It is a very basic machine, but at the same time, it is very inexpensive and has definitely held up for my day-to-day usage for over a year, which in my mind, makes it a very good value.

Blending Power
The unit is advertised as "10-speed", but really has 5 settings, and a high/low difference, making there 10 different speeds. I don't see a lot of different between each individual setting, from the 1st speed to the 5th speed there is a difference, but say between 4 and 5, there is not much difference.

Versatility
The product can be used for a variety of blending purposes. I only have used it for shakes/smoothies.

It is extremely easy to clean, the base of the blender disassembles quickly and without much effort. I dislike having to wash the blade-apparatus, but that's my personal dislike of washing blades, no fault of the blender :-)

It is a quick and easy to use blender. It requires very little know-how, just fill in your items, pick your speed setting and blend!

The unit shares the same basic design as most blenders, so I would say it is an "average" design. I don't personally like having the 5-speed settings, with a high/low difference for each one, I would prefer 10 distinct speed settings.

It has held up well to daily use for the past few months, especially for being a less-expensive blender unit.

Very good

from Nj

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Cooking
    • Crushing Ice
    • Large Kitchen
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This blender works really good. I never have any issues. Makes great drinks, milkshakes and even good to make my sofrito.

The best blender ever!

from Fajardo Puerto rico

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

• Crushing Ice

Perfect in all ways

it's ok

from ohio

Pros

Cons

• Hard to Clean
        • loud
        • Not Powerful
        • Poor Pitcher

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender hoping to be able to make smoothies with it.The noise alone is so loud it hurts your ears. It makes a grinding noise like the gears or something are being grinded. It does not mix the product up while blending so you have to keep using a spoon to mix it up. Where the blade screws into the glass container it comes loose a lot while it's blending. When you pour your drink it goes all over the place. Finally it's not that easy to clean.

you get what you pay for

from Harvard Il

Pros

Cons

• Not Powerful

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

First things first, this blender from Oster is not an appliance I would recommend to anyone. It does not blend simple ingredients let alone anything with substance. I tried reaching out to the company but basically was ignored. Who knows if the one I have is defective or not, but I do know that others have complained about this cheap blender as well. It is inexpensive I will give it that but if you want it to work that's another topic. All it does is make a lot of noise but the ingredients just stay in one place. I do not understand how it even made it out of testing stages if it has trouble blending soft ingredients...no matter what setting I put it on it just is noisy and useless. I am very unhappy with the product and the customer service I received.

Oster Blender

from Memphis.TN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
            • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This is a great blender for a cheap price! I use it to make smoothies and it works great. The only bad thing is its hard to get everything perfectly clean easily.

Basic no frills blender

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This blender meets the requirements of simple blending. Nothing complicated and the price reflects that. I used it every day for about 3 years to make my breakfast shake and then it started to leak and rust even though I was careful with its cleaning and daily care. I definitely got what I paid for.

Blending Power
            It blends very well if your needs are simple. I would be careful to use it for things like crunching ice or items that might be a challenge to the blades. I always considered it fragile.

Versatility
            You can certainly make anything from soup to ice cream but I was always selective in my choices so I didn't break the unit.

It was easy to clean but as I found out you have to be sure to dry it well to prevent rust.

Couldn't be easier to use. You have 10 buttons labelled with what you want to select from.

I think it is designed very well. It looked good on the counter.

Very durable. During the time I owned it there wasn't a mark on it. The material it is made of is very strong and doesn't allow for scratches, etc.

One of the Worst

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I purchased this blender as a replacement for my smoothie maker blender that broke. I was really hopeful this Oster 10-speed blender would chop ice, frozen fruit, and liquids well into a creamy smoothie. It was very disappointing. The blender could barely chop soft frozen fruit and could not grind ice at all.

Blending Power
            This is a very week blender for solid items. It worked only for pure liquids or soft foods.

Versatility
            Not versatile at all because it could only be used to make liquid beverages.

Easy to clean by removing the bottom blade and simply placing the blades, lid, and container in the dishwasher.

Easy buttons available on the front to push.

This blender is tall and would not fit well under our cabinets. I had to store it below the cabinet and take it out every day to use it.

This blender was durable. It had a nice glass pitcher and the motor never had a burning smell as many blenders do.

So cool

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I just got this blender because the Bella blender I had broke during use. I could not find another one that had individual smoothie size so I decided to try this one as a traditional sized blender so hopefully I can make larger portions, freeze them or share. So far I absolutely love this blender. There are ten different speeds for blending almost anything you can think of. The blades are very sharp and cutting up ice is no problem, especially at the very high speeds. It does not vibrate so hard as to make it uncomfortable to hold down the lid during operation. At the low speeds, depending on what you are blending, you can almost get away with not holding the lid down, but I do not risk it just for the convenience of not cleaning up a huge mess. I also like that the blender is white because it matches my kitchen better than black. The cup is really easy to pour out of and is not very heavy even when full. It is not a flimsy plastic though so it seems very durable and long lasting.

Blending Power
            It has so many speeds and the highest are perfect for blending hard things like ice.

Versatility
            There are ten speeds, so you have a perfect speed/setting for almost everything.

So easy to take apart and clean.

• Versatility:

This is a nice blender. I use it mostly for making pizza sauce.

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This blender is great for sauces but not so great for chopping up vegetables.

Blending Power
            The power of the blender is great! I have used this blender for the past two years and the power is still as great as when I got it!

Versatility
            The switch makes this an easy to use blender! I can easily go from a puree to chopping!

As far as cleaning it couldn't be any easier. This blender so easy to clean!

The usability is rather easy. The top buttons are blue and the bottom buttons are gray. You just move the switch from Gray to blue and push in the button you need.

Could really use a better connection between the base and blender. Right now it is rather wobbly and has to be held on. The lid fits on well and has a small plastic opening so you can taste the veggies before to make sure you got them just right!

The blender could be more durable. The lid is rather flimsy. The blender is a heavy glass and the lid is a plastic. The base is metal and very durable.

<3 my Oster Blender

from Harvard Il

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I am so happy that I have this affordable 10 speed blender from Oster. For years we had one that only cut the corners off of ice cubes to make them round! The Oster 10 speed blender is wonderful, not only is it a breeze to use but chops up ice in no time at all! My old blender was a wreck but this one doesn't even leave ice chips behind. Blends perfectly for a nice smooth result. I use mine regularly to make smoothies for a quick easy breakfast on the go. So happy I found this blender. It's easy to clean, too. Just remove the bottom of the canister and rinse with warm water. I like that it has multiple speeds and options. Blend/crush/grind/liquefy and grate. I haven't tried any of the other options besides blend,yet. Maybe that will be my next adventure with my new favorite kitchen appliance.

blends to perfection

Versatility
            has 10 speeds what more could you ask for?

super simple to take apart and clean