Other Vacuums:

Oreck Bagged Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Excellent, light weight and thorough clean vacuum!

Oreck is a great vacuum cleaner.  I have a bad back and heavier vacuums have been a problem so that it took me forever to finish the job.  My Oreck is light weight, glides though my rooms and picks up beautifully.

I feel that my rugs are really clean when done and my floors look great.  I can get under my bed, couch and chairs easily.

I like having a vacuum with a bag as the bagless type is dirty and nasty to clean out.  With the Oreck, all I have to do is take the bag out, throw it away and put a nice clean bag in with no mess.  (The bags aren't all that expensive either!)

I have had my Oreck for about four years now, I've had it serviced once, it's like new.  The best vacuum I've ever had. I strongly recommend buying an Oreck X200.

Oreck XL2000 is not as fantastic as it is touted to be!

I bought the Oreck XL2000 because I needed a light weight and easy to operate vacuum.  I have 11 children and my Rainbow vacuum was too much for my kids to handle when doing their chores.  The Oreck XL2000 is definitely easy to handle and use.  I like the top loading bag, I do believe they work better.  The vacuum belt slips off easily though and you have to totally unscrew the bottom plate to reattach the belt which is a pain.  The vacuum cleans carpets better than my upright Hoover did but not nearly as well as my Rainbow vacuum does.  It doesn't clean edges well and when I vacuum my hardwood floors, it generally just spits things out the back instead of picking them up.  It will pick up dust and dirt but not anything bigger like tiny rocks or popcorn kernals.

Don't waste your money on the Oreck vacuum

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

I bought the Oreck Bagged vacuum after reading some positive reviews about it when I was researching vacuum cleaners. I was very disappointed with the performance of this vacuum.

Maneuverability
The Oreck Vacuum Cleaner is light and easy to push but it does not have a swiveling head which makes maneuvering extremely difficult. I also found that it was hard to vacuum under some tables and entertainment centers due to the size and shape of the vacuum.

Ease of Maintenance
The Oreck vacuum is relatively easy to maintain. The bags are accessible and easy to install but I prefer a bag less vacuum.

Suction Performance
I was not overly impressed with the suction power of the Oreck Vacuum. In fact after complaining about the power of the Oreck; I was told that the motor on this vacuum is actually the same size and power of a sewing machine motor. The Oreck vacuum is relatively quiet when running, perhaps that is due to its small motor. I did notice that the vacuum did not pick up dog hair very well.

The design of this vacuum is very simplistic. The head of the vacuum is small which makes vacuuming over large areas difficult. It is a very basic machine with not very many added features.

I can't speak to the long term durability of the Oreck vacuum because I returned it after only using it a few times. It honestly seemed very cheaply made and designed. I purchased a bag less vacuum after returning the Oreck and I would never purchase another bagged vacuum again.

• Versatility:

Oreck Bagged Vacuum was a disappointment to me.

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

I do not think it cleans like it should. This product came highly recommended to me, but I do not feel that it performs and cleans like a vacuum should. It was not a cheap vacuum and it does not clean all the dirt off the floors.

Maneuverability
It is light and easy to move with.

Suction Performance
I do not see it picking up the dirt.

Oreck XL 2000 Bagged Vacuum

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

I have had this vacuum for years and it has never given me any trouble. It works great and it is very easy to maneuver. The one complaint I have is that it has some trouble going from the floor to the carpet, I have to lift it up slightly to get onto the carpet from the hardwood floor. It has a floor mode and a carpet mode which is nice. I also have a canister vacuum that I prefer over the Oreck XL 2000, but for quick in between cleanings this vacuum works well.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is very easy to maneuver but it does have a little trouble going from the floor to the carpet. I have to lift it up slightly to get it onto the carpet from the hardwood floor.

Ease of Maintenance
I have never had any trouble with this vacuum. It is very easy to maintain. Just change the bag when it is full.

Suction Performance
This is not the strongest suction vacuum that I have, but it does a good job of picking up the pet hair and messes that I make. It doesn't clean the hardwood floors as well as it does the carpet.

Versatility
This vacuum has a floor mode and a carpet mode. I find that the vacuum works better on the carpet than it does on the hardwood floors.

This is an upright vacuum and does well getting the carpet clean. But it doesn't get into the corners. This vacuum is good for in between cleaning jobs.

I have had this vacuum for years and it has never given me any trouble.

The BEST vacuum I've ever had

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

I purchased my Oreck about seven or eight years ago. It is the BEST vacuum I've ever had and worth every cent I paid for it.

Maneuverability
It is so lightweight that a young child or elderly woman can use it with great ease. It also fits in tough to reach areas such as, under beds and couches.

Ease of Maintenance
If only I had other things in my life that are this low maintenance! Since I have owned my Oreck, I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that the only maintenance I've done on it is replacing the bag and only once have I had to replace the belt.

Suction Performance
Look out Hoover, Oreck is here to stay! The suction quality alone is better than every other vacuum I've had put together. In the past, I've always had a problem picking up dog hair. With my Oreck, I only have to do one swoop on my carpets without having to go back and pick up the dog hair with my hands afterward. It gets all the big stuff and the smallest of dirt, as well.

Versatility
Like I mentioned earlier, Oreck fits under beds and couches. It's so manageable that you can just fold the handle down while vacuuming and it will lay flat so you reach far under furniture. The fact that it is so lightweight, makes this process very handy.

Unlike most vacuum cleaners, the Oreck does not have much plastic. The front that holds the bag is made of material. Which is so important to the product. The lack of plastic is what makes all of these features possible-maneuverability, lightweight, versatile and durable. It's a simple looking product and one of my most valued household tools!

After seven years with my Oreck, as hard to believe as it is, it does not have one dent in it, nothing has fallen of, there are no parts or pieces missing and two to three times a year I wipe it down and it still looks almost new. That doesn't mean I baby it though. I am always somehow banging it into a wall or bed post. It is just that good of a product that it can't be broken. Unless of course, you leave it outside during a New England winter:)

never quits

from Bridgeport, NJ

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

I have owned an Oreck vacuum for nearly 15 years. I can heartily endorse this product.
In fact, I have owned the very same Oreck vacuum for the same 15 years. And it still runs as well as the day it came into my house. At the time I bought it, the vacuum seemed really expensive. But I don't think that now--this vacuum has more than paid for itself in the way it has held up. The bags aren't expensive to replace, because they are very sturdy, very easy to load, and seem to last a long time. the vacuum has a great long cord and it's never frayed. The main reason I bought my Oreck was because it was lightweight and I can't lift really heavy things. I'm so glad I bought this vacuum. It runs like a champ and it works like a champ. I take this machine to the local Oreck store about once a year--they take it apart, check the engine, clean up the parts and it's not expensive to maintain. the vacuum runs like a new machine and I've only had to replace one roller brush in all this time. I can recommend this to anyone--especially if you can't lift heavy things. I would wish for one thing on this machine--I wish it had parts so I could clean up high. The next Oreck I buy will have attachments, for sure.

Oreck XL2000 Bagged Vaccuum is easy to use

from Callicoon, NY

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

The Oreck XL2000 is an extremely light vacuum. My back hurt when using my old vacuum so I purchased this because it is light and easier to use. The Oreck is easy to push, so you don't have to push as hard and it helps my back from hurting. It sucks up dirt quickly after one swipe of the vacuum. It does have a vacuum bag which can be hard to find in store when you need to replace it. But the replacing of the bag is simple. You can lift the vacuum and carry it where you want it easily, and use it on things such as the stairs with little problems.

Maneuverability
It maneuvers easily, and smoothly.

Ease of Maintenance
There is little maintenance required. Occasionally the bottom gets tangled with strings that need to be cut off, and the only other maintenance that is required is the changing of the vacuum bag which is quite simple.

Suction Performance
The suction of the Oreck vacuum is great. Occasionally the bottom of the vacuum needs to be cleaned, but otherwise the vacuum will suck up almost everything.

• Versatility:

one of the best vacuums I have ever used

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

Next to a water based vacuum this is the best vacuum I have ever used and it is much more convenience than water based. I like to use it for quick clean ups; there is virtually no dust (compared to other standard vacuums) using the better quality bags. The cost of the bags is a fair trade off for the convenience compared to water based.

Maneuverability
Light weight and easy to handle; no more struggling to get from room to room. low profile to get under things.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy access to the brush to keep it cleaned out. and the bags are easy to change.

Suction Performance
Great suction cleans up debris in one pass.

Versatility
I use it on all types of carpet with great results.

Sleek user friendly design.

Overall good but I can not figure out why but it eats belts regularly. They are not too expensive and I love everything else about the vacuum so I keep thinking it must be something I need to do different.

• Versatility:

The only vacuum I like to use!

from Georgetown, KY

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

This Oreck vacuum cleaner does the job! I have owned numerous vacuum cleaners through the years and currently own this Oreck an Electrolux. I reach for the Oreck over the Electrolux every single time because it is so lightweight! I don't mind getting out the vacuum for a whole house vacuum or even a touchup because it is so easy. Most vacuums are very heavy and a chore to drag out of the closet and up and down stairs. I can carry the Oreck with one hand and move around the house. It also vacuums exceptionally well. I don't have to bend down to pick up pieces of trash - it sucks up everything! I highly recommend this vacuum cleaner.

Maneuverability
The easiest that I have ever tried

Ease of Maintenance
Changing the bag is a chore, but necessary for any vacuum. Periodically I have to clean the brushhead and change the belt.

Suction Performance
Very happy with the suction.

Versatility
So lightweight I can carry it around the house.

It doesn't seem to be as bulky as some vacuum cleaners; doesn't take up much space in a closet.

No issues.

• Versatility:

Lightweight and easy to use.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

I like the lightweight, especially for vacuuming the stairs (I have a 3 story home). Changing the bags is easy and prevents have dust and dirt getting sprayed in the air when emptying a canister. The front of the vacuum is a little tall, so difficult to get under all the furniture.

I love my Oreck!

from Pennsville, NJ

Comments about Oreck Bagged Vacuum:

There are a lot of things to like about the Oreck. But, the one thing that I LOVE, and now am spoiled by, is its super light weight. I believe the vacuum is supposed to weigh in around 8lbs, but all I know is that it is the lightest vacuum I have ever used. It is so nice to not have to fight with a vacuum or feel like I am straining to pull and push it around. My Oreck has lasted me a VERY long time (going on 9 years) with no major problems. It is very easy to change the bags and the belts. The suction and power are really good. I have never had to repeatedly vacuum over a spot like you have to do with some other vacuums. The Oreck is the best vacuum that I have ever owned and I don't know what I would do without it.