Other Vacuums:

Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Very happy with my Wind Tunnel by Hoover.

This is the vacuum that I predominantly use on the main floor of my home. I own a bag-less appliance that I use upstairs but this unit remains down stairs because it cleans hard surfaces so well. I use it almost daily on my laminate floors and it works wonderfully for that while also doing a good job on the carpets.

Maneuverability
This upright maneuvers well without being too bulky. Is light weight enough to push easily yet heavy enough to have lasted for years with almost everyday use.

Ease of Maintenance
Maintenance can be tricky on this machine. About twice a year I remove the bottom plate protecting the brushes and clean the brush area out and replace the belt. It can be difficult getting everything lined up and the plate back on when finished replacing belt.

The bags come in and out really easily but they could be a little cheaper.

Suction Performance
Suction on this appliance is really good for the price you pay. There are more expensive machines out there but for the money this one has good power and suction. You do have to remember to keep those bags changed though because a full bag greatly reduces suction power.

Versatility
Works equally well on both hard surfaces and carpet.

Two extenders for the hose and three attachments make this appliance very versatile. The brush attachment could be a little better quality. Crevice tool makes getting along those baseboards and tight places really easy.

This machine has lasted me now for years and has required very little upkeep other than the usual belts and bags.

Good for a Bag-Vac...Until You Get a Bagless

I had been using our Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum until we upgraded to a bagless, canister vacuum. Overall this is a decent bagged vacuum. It was definitely better than previous bagged vacuums I have owned (until it broke), but is nothing compared to our new Dyson.

Overall, the quality of suction and its ability to clean is slightly above average for this type of vacuum. A big issue what that it would easily become clogged up, mostly from just dirt and hair and normal things a vacuum should be able to handle. Also, the bags were a nightmare (although, then again, aren't all bags?). It was very messy to empty and replace. I am so much happier now with a canister vacuum for this reason.

Maneuverability is decent. It can get into most corners but not all. It's not a light vacuum, but its also not too heavy that it's unable to be picked up.

I finally considered this vacuum "broken" and needed to be replaced when the suction (which, again, was better than average in the beginning!) began to decline a lot.

Good for a Bag-Vac...Until You Get a Bagless

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Long Power Cord

Cons

• Messy
  • Noisy
  • Unreliable

• Carpet

• Personal

Not great, not horrible.

from florida, USA

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

Overall, the Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum is just an ordinary vacuum with ordinary suction and ordinary problems. Not one time was I impressed with this vacuum.

Maneuverability
It's a heavy vacuum and doesn't have a lot of maneuverability. The back wheels are stationary so that works against maneuverability quite a bit.

Ease of Maintenance
After only a few months, the vacuum would continually become clogged (and not from trying to vacuum up things that were too big). Changing the bags were quite a pain, too. One time, the bag would not come out easily, so it ended up ripping and all of the contents when all over the floor. Again. After my experience, to use this vacuum with success, I would have to change the bag every other week and completely clean out the vacuum every time I used it.

Suction Performance
Suction was great when I first bought it, just like all vacuums. And, like with MOST vacuums, suction when downhill from there. Eventually, it was mediocre, at best.

This vacuum was durable in that it never "officially" broke.

Get You a Hoover

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

This is a great vacuum cleaner from one of the most trusted names in cleaning. I love everything about it. The WindTunnel technology is especially beneficial. With this technology you are picking up more dirt and germs out of your carpets and other areas than ever before, and with ease. And, this also helps the suction power. When they say sucks like a Hoover, this machine certainly lives up to those standards.
The vacuum cleaner is lightweight, another feature that I certainly can appreciate. In addition it is so easy to store when you are done cleaning for the day. So often people do not realize how important this is until it is to late!
the vacuum is easy to use and can be used on a variety of surfaces so it is very versatile for use around the house. It is easy to reach those hard to get spots that some of the other cleaners make it impossible to pick up.
There is a height adjustment on the cleaner so you can easily change those settings whenever you switch rooms or types of flooring.
Finally, the cleaner is attractively priced. It is one of the best priced cleaners out there!

It keeps on going!

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum years ago and it has been through a lot! I decided to get a bagless vacuum but I couldn't part with this one because it still works great. I am not a big fan of the bag vacuums, they are messy and unless you removed the bag outside they are very dusty and dirty when you remove the bag from the canister. I bought a package of bags at a local store to keep on hand and I now use the vacuum in the basement in our game room. This vacuum is a little on the heavy side so carrying it up and down stairs isn't something I would want to do every time I vacuum so we keep it in the basement to clean up the carpets down there. I love the hose attachment and how easy it is to attach it to get into corners and under furniture. It's a great vacuum but it is a bit out dated. As far as sucking power, it works great. I have never had a problem and it does the job!

Maneuverability
It doesn't have a handy swivel head like the newer models and it's a bit heavy.

Ease of Maintenance
Emptying the bag is messy, there's no way around it. Pulling a bag of dirt off the hose of a vacuum is dusty work.

Suction Performance
It does a great job in this department! This thing is powerful and sucks up everything!

This a tough vacuum! It is made like a tank.

Great vacuum!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

The Hoover Wind Tunnel Bagged Vacuum is a wonderful product! It works wonders at cleaning up dirt and small stones and other items on the carpet. I have always been a long time customer of Hoover products and they are amazing! It is very easy to use and it is one of the very best vacuums that I have ever used. The price is not bad. It has the normal attachements which really help on upholstery and also on different types of flooring.

Maneuverability
It is quite easy to maneuver and get into tight spaces and corners.

Ease of Maintenance
It is fairly easy to maintain and keep clean. You need to make sure to empty the bag often and wipe off the outside of the vacuum.

Suction Performance
The suction performance is wonderful and really does a great job!

Versatility
It is versatile at cleaning carpets, tile floors,wood floors, and upholstery. It also cleans pet hair.

The design looks so nice and is functional as well. It goes well with almost any decor.

Hoover vacuums have always been very durable and last for many years without any problems.

Very Happy with this Vacuum

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

This Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum does a very good job. I've had it for several years and have been very happy with it. It was not a real expensive vacuum, yet it performs very well.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is easy to maneuver. I have arthritis and it is hard for me to push a vacuum, but this one actually is easier to push than some others and it is easy for me to turn it and get it into tight spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
The bag is easy to change, but the belt is quite hard to replace. I have found that it takes two people working together to change the belt and even then it can be frustrating.

Suction Performance
The suction is great on regular indoor carpet and hard surface floors, but it sometimes takes several passes over indoor-outdoor carpet to get everything up.

Versatility
I use this vacuum on regular indoor carpet, indoor-outdoor carpet, tile, and hardwood floors. It does a very good job on all of these floor types.

I feel that this vacuum is very durable. We've had ours for several years and it still works as well as it did when we bought it.

• Versatility:

Solid performance after regular use

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I have been using this vacuum for a little over a year now after a recommendation from my allergist, who strongly suggested staying away from bagless vacuums since they can release a great deal of dust and debris into the air during the process of emptying the canister. As a result, I found the Hoover WindTunnel and decided to give it a try. I have been using this vacuum on my floors (both carpet and hardwood) about two to three times a week for the last year. It does an excellent job on carpeted floors and is a quick and easy cleaning project. However, as the bulk of our living space floors are hardwood, this is not an ideal vacuum. Although it has a hardwood floor setting, I find that it throws/flings dirt and debris around rather that suck it up as expected. For the most part, I end up using the hose attachments to vacuum the hardwood floors. This results in me dragging the vacuum behind me, which is cumbersome and hard on my back. It also takes far longer to clean the floors this way than pushing the vacuum. My next vacuum, which will likely be purchased before the Hoover reaches the end of its life cycle, will probably be a Dyson. My allergies may protest but my back will not.

Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum is pretty good on carpets

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum is pretty good on carpets, but not that great for hard floors. Nobody likes to vacuum. We all love to have clean floors, but the work to get them clean is tedious and hard work.

The Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum has some features that make vacuuming easier and faster. But it is not the perfect vacuum. Actually, I don't know if the perfect vacuum exists.

What it does well:
It does a pretty good job on carpets. There is a adjustment for the height of the carpet. It is very maneuverable. The self-propelled feature is fantastic! I put it on self-propelled when I have large, empty areas to vacuum. Then I turn off the self-propelled feature when I am working around furniture or tight areas. It is VERY noticeable when the self-propelled feature is off. The vacuum fells heavier and is much harder to push.

What it doesn't do so well:
It does not do a great job on hard floors. I don't know why. I adjust the vacuum to the "hard floor" setting, and it just does not pick up all the dirt. It kind of just moves it around. A broom or dry mop would do a better job! Also, It does not do a great job sucking close to the wall.

I hate to vacuum, so I probably wouldn't give any vacuum a very high rating. This one is adequate. It has some good features, and it falls short in other areas. My score is a 7.

• Versatility:

Very happy with my Wind Tunnel by Hoover.

Ease of Maintenance

The bags come in and out really easily but they could be a little cheaper.

Versatility
Works equally well on both hard surfaces and carpet.

• Versatility:

A great vacuum at an affordable price!

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

Since I had a Hoover before, I was very comfortable buying this model. I used to own a "bagless" model but decided I didn't like the dust that floated every time I emptied the bag. I chose the bagged model this time and thus far am very pleased with the suction, and the maneuverability. And it was on sale for a great price. I am thrilled!

Maneuverability
The machine pulls itself along and I don't need to "push" it at all.

Ease of Maintenance
Hard to say much here as it is only a week old!

Suction Performance
How funny to say this machine really does suck! It has stronger suction than my old Hoover (the bagless windtunnel) and really picks up.

Versatility
It did a great job on my carpet and then I used it to clean out the interior of my car and it worked equally as well. The attachments helped me clean out the tight spaces between the seats, etc.

While I didn't like the fact that I had to assemble the handle onto the machine (I am not mechanically inclined), it was relatively easy to do. I did have to have my husband help me tighten the screws into the handle (I really tried to do it myself but couldn't make it work)... and I am glad he did it because without the extra tightening the machine would not shut off!

Again, hard to say as the machine is a week old... but I am pleased with it thus far and glad to have chosen it. I might like a Dyson more... but for the price, this is a great vacuum!