Other Vacuums:

Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System

Pros

Cons

Powerful

I purchased this vacuum after reviewing Consumer Reports...I believe this model was tied for #1 with a different brand.  It wasn't the cheapest model out there, but it also wasn't incredibly costly and it's built to last.  I love its HEPA filtering feature.  And the Intelliclean mode turns up the power higher in areas where a sensor detects more dirt.  It makes it easy to tell when the rug is clean.

The long cord provided is wonderful.  I can vacuum almost my entire downstairs without having the change outlets!  My only gripe is that they don't make autoretracting cords for upright vacuums.  Why is that?!

Anyway, they do offer two different models...one with bags and one bagless.  I think bagless equals icky mess, so I chose the one that takes bags.   It comes with nice, cloth bags that hold twice as much as the paper kind.  All in all, an excellent vacuum!

WORST VACUUM I HAVE EVER HAD DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

I did a lot of research before purchasing a vacuum.  Consumer reports rated this vacuum #1 it is the Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with intell-clean system,slate blue. From the reviews I read most were very positive.  I purchased this vacuum in November and have had nothing but problems.  It gets clogged all the time..not with anything large just small dirt particles build up.  I have to take it apart after every cleaning and even then it does not suck like it should or did when I first plugged it in.

One Awesome Vacuum

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

This vacuum is a workhorse and I would highly recommend it for anyone with a large family and lots of carpeting. It does a powerful job and you will not be disappointed in the results. I especially love the Inteli-clean system.

Maneuverability
Movesa round very well but is just a bit heavy.

Suction Performance
Very good suction you will notice a difference from other products.

Versatility
Change from crpet to smooth floors and attachments are easy to use and very efficient.

Great filter, disappointing attachments

from Oakhurst, CA

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

When initially receiving this vacuum, I was pleased, no bags to worry about, easy to use, great it had a hepa filter, multiple attachments, not too heavy, easy to clean. As I've had it longer and use it regularly, my frustration grows. The separate suction hoses, used with the attachments, do not stay on, but frequently fall off or come unattached. This is very frustrating! It seems as if it frequently needs maintenance despite the fact I am not vacuuming up unusual items.

Maneuverability
Fairly easy to maneuver, what can you say, it is a large appliance not a wand, it works well.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to clean, nice to use without refilling bags. Would not go back to a vacuum that used bags after this one.

Suction Performance
Overall it does ok, the hoses do fairly well when they are not falling off the item itself.

Versatility
Hard to use on the stairs but flat surfaces it works very well, even on tile and such.

Decent design, no complaints there.

Wish it would last longer, instead we have tape holding it together.

Fantastic

from Morton, PA

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I have had this vaccum cleaner for approximately 5 years now and it is great! I received it as a gift for my first apartment and it has and continues to work like a charm. I love the intelliclean feature which tells you when the carpet is clean by showing across five lights (red through green) when the carpet is clean. It is especially useful on shaggy-er carpets or rugs since it is difficult to see the dirt. The bags hold a lot and they are not too pricey and are easy to change. The attachments all work well and are easy to swap out. I do wish the vacuum was a bit lighter that I could use it on stairs but other than that I don't have any complaints.

Heavy but Thorough

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

This vacuum does what it's supposed to. It's really heavy and hard to maneuver sometimes. Now that I have hardwoods, I almost never use it. The dirt indicator was really useful, although I'm not entirely convinced it worked. Sometimes it seemed like I was just going over and over a spot and nothing was happening.

Versatility
It's too heavy to carry up and down the stairs.

I love this vacuum!

from Henderson, CO

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I have owned several vacuums over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I love the fact that it does not have a belt so I don't have to worry about the burning smell or changing out the belt several times. The best part of this vacuum is that it really does clean my carpet. We have 2 dogs that shed terribly and this vacuum does wonders with picking up their hair and all of the dirt they track through the house. I use the attachments regularly to clean in and around things the upright cannot reach. I love the intelliclean that tells you when the carpet is clean and when the bag needs to be changed. I will never use another vacuum.

Intelligent Vacuum

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I bought this vacuum after a lot of research on performance and other reviews. My main concern was with suction and durability. I loved the suction power and the intelliclean system was great in telling me which sections were the most heavily soiled but it was not as durable as I hoped. I've had the machine for 3 years and the mechanism that ensures it stands upright malfunctioned after a couple of months of owning it. I also did not like how the door of the vacuum that houses the bag compartment tends to stick and is very fragile, I always feel like I'm going to break it open and not be able to put it back. The hepa filter on the back is awesome if expensive and really helps on the allergies. Another concern that hasn't been an issue is my hair. I have long hair that tends to fall out a lot and gets on the carpet, I've had other vacuums where the hair will wrap around the bristles and had to be cut out but I haven't had to do it on this vacuum yet. The other little tricky thing is that the hose that comes out and combines with an attachment tends to slip out of the pipe section on the vacuum unit unless you place it back very firmly. Overall, I might buy this unit again, but as its been a couple of years and new improved models have come out I'm not sure.

Great concept but heavy

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I loved my vacuum at 1st although it was heavy. Overtime, I feel it doesn't function the way it used to. The intel system seems faulty. It never goes to the clean light now. The suction is not as well as before either. I've owned this product for 5 years. I feel that it should have lasted longer than that since its not used on a weekly basis. The lady that cleans my house every 2 weeks uses her own vacuum.

At 1st, poor now

Best vacuum ever!

from Harrison, OH

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I bought this vacuum about 8 years ago during a Black Friday sale. I love it! Before the Kenmore Progressive, I was going through vacuums every year. I was buying the bagless type, thinking it would save me money on buying the bags. Boy, was I wrong. They broke down each & every time. I have never had a problem with my Kenmore Progressive. When (or IF) this one ever dies, it will be replaced with the same.

I love my Kenmore Beltless Vacuum

from Glendale, AZ

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I have had this vacuum for about 2 years now and the other day it started making a funny noise when my 5 yeard old son was vacuuming. I thought "Oh no! What did you suck up now?" So here I go, dreading the old turning the vacuum over to see what I find. Of course this memory is linked to all vacuums I have ever owned, but not my Kenmore! So I flip it over and...oh yeah, this vacuum doesn't have a belt. I forgot about that nice feature. And I couldn't see anything stuck anywhere. So I turn it on while it was upside down and the air pressure from the vacuum sent whatever is making that funny noise right out! I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to tear this vacuum apart. I flipped the vacuum back over and my son finished vacuuming without another problem. I also love the fact that there are two types of vacuum bags to choose from. The regular ones where you get more for your money or the hypoallergenic ones if you and your family are sensitive to allergens. You don't have to get stuck with the more expensive bag just because it's the only option. I also love the dirt sensor on this vacuum. It really helps my son while he is vacuuming. With our old Dirt Devil he would just vacuum and miss spots cause he would slightly elevate the vacuum. But with this feature he really enjoyed seeing those lights go from red to green while he was vacuuming. It came in really handy when my son tracked dirt in on the bottom of his shoe one day too. I didn't have to guess at whether or not I picked up all that dirt lurking in the carpet. Thanks Kenmore...I love all your products!!!

Ease of Maintenance
Replacing the filter is a piece of cake.

Suction Performance
I never have to worry about whether or not all the dirt will get lifted.

After 4 years it is still going strong!

• Versatility:

Its Horrible - It sucks and for this vacuum thats not positive.

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System:

I had another kenmore progressive that i bought 10+ years ago, it was slate blue like this one and the greatest vacuum of all time. So when it came time to replace it, I knew I would buy the same vacuum only new and improved. Boy was I was wrong. This vacuum is terrible, its heavy, its smelly, we hate it soooo much we will never buy another item from sears. Thanks.