Other Vacuums:

Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister

Pros

Cons

Great Vacuum!

I wanted a powerful, yet lightweight upright vacuum for my home and was thrilled to find the Hoover UH30010COM model. Not only is it powerful and lightweight but is very versatile too. The upright vacuum comes with a separate canister vacuum that is great for getting into the places where the upright does not reach. The upright vacuum is very quiet. However, the canister vacuum is rather noisy when in use but acceptable overall. It comes with plenty of different cleaning attachments too. The dust bags do a great job keeping the dust and dirt inside the vacuum and they take forever to fill up before needing to be replaced. The price is extremely reasonable for the high quality vacuum that you get. I am very happy with this vacuum and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful upright vacuum that does not break your back to use, even on the stairs! ****

Decent

High powered and good durability, the weight and size are average, but it is okay in small spots beecause of large face. Battery length good, easy store but still big, extra pieces can come in handy. No big issues and didn't deal with warranty or other contractual or legal issues.

Easy on your back, tough on dust.

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

I am a hygiene freak and there is nothing I enjoy more than shopping for household appliances that help me maintain my home in spic and span condition. I spend a lot of time cleaning and I am always looking out for appliances that will reduce the labor input on my part and provide more efficient cleaning. Any upright vacuum would lend you the comfort of preventing back-ache so there was that outright advantage of buying this Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum in front of me. Not only that it truly is lightweight as claimed by the company and vacuuming with it is as effortless as it can possibly get. You can maneuver this fairly easily and effortlessly over carpets and it provides little friction and prevents you from completely draining your energy. Besides your back and energy reserve, this Hoover Lightweight wonder is also easy on your hearing as it works quietly unlike my last vacuum which you could hear miles away. The bag takes its sweet time to fill up so you do not have to frequently clean it up. It is not at all expensive considering it comes with a canister and multiple cleaning head options to allow you to clean areas your vacuum fails to clean.

Maneuverability
Lightweight and excellent design.

Good vacuum

from Jacksonville, AR

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

I bought this vacuum because my brother recommended it. My husband hated our old one because it was too loud so when it died I asked around and my brother said this one was awesome.
This vacuum is quieter than our old one but not exceptionally quiet.
The bags last a long time. We have two cats and a small dog and I replace the bag once every six months. I was cleaning out the canister of our bagless vacuum every time I ran it.

Maneuverability
The part that actually vacuums isn't very high so it fits under our furniture and bed around the edges.

Ease of Maintenance
Changing the bag takes two seconds and there isn't a ton of dust like bagless canisters.

Suction Performance
The suction is really good. I do have to take off the bottom once in a while to clean out the cat litter that doesn't make it up into the bag. (I vacuum the hall outside the bathroom with the litter box; I'm not using the vacuum in place of a broom, people.)

I have mixed feelings about the hose being on a separate device. Sometimes I find it handy, like when I'm just going around the edges of all the rooms, cleaning the window tracks or vacuuming the stairs. It's inconvenient when you are just vacuuming one area and want to get the wall behind the couch and have to pull out the hose vacuum.

My one complaint is that when I first got the vacuum it pulled on it's own so it was really easy to push around. After a couple months that seemed to diminish and now it needs more push from me to move forward.

• Versatility:

Not as good as my rainbow but I am impressed

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

I've used my rainbow vacuum for ten years, and it finally kicked the bucket. Being on a tight budget these days I couldn't afford to buy another rainbow. I did some research and heard pretty great sotries about the Hoover Platinum Lightweight. The price wasn't a bad deal either so I bought one. Having three kids and two dogs, it was in for a challenge. It is very easy to maneuver around corners and under beds. It goes from rugs to hardwood floors with ease. It did actually pick up pet hair on the rugs! Being so light weight it is easy to get upstairs, and easy to empty the cannister. I must say I am pleased.

Good vacuum cleaner

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

I have had this vacuum about a year and I'm pretty happy with it. We have a cat and a dog in the household and I'm always looking for a vacuum with the best suction and hair removing power. Hepa filter is also the must for me.

The upright vacuum works very well with the carpet. I don't think it's so good for hardfloors.It doesn't scratch but it just doesn't clean as well as I expected. It had great extra long 35' cord and bag is huge, doesn't need to be changed often. It's light enough to push even cleaning the stairs. It has low and high switch but I'm basically always using only Hight power setting.

Separate canister vacuum is pretty good to clean hard-to-reach places and I love it for car cleaning. I find it a little bulky and heavy to carry but it has shoulder strap so it's little easier. Canister vacuum is missing check indicator when bag is full so you have to keep checking it. There is also no place to wrap cord conveniently in the canister.

Decent

• Versatility:

works great good suction power.

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

love the old school look, and love how you get two machines for the price of one but the only con is that I can only find the bags for it on amazon.com haven't found any in the stores yet.

Maneuverability
moves very easily it is lightweight,

Ease of Maintenance
haven't had any problems but it has a 5 or 6 year warranty so I think I'll be good for a while.

Suction Performance
sucks up the tiniest of pieces love to hear all the pieces suctioning up while vacuuming that's how you know it's working.

Versatility
Works well on wood, tile and carpet very versatile.

Love the old fashioned but yet modern look.

haven't had any problems so far.

• Versatility:

Love this lightweight Hoover!

from Fenton, MO

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

I have had this vacuum for about six months and have really been impressed with it! The main unit has great suction and doesn't lost power even when the bag is starting to get full. The bag is easy to change out, and lasts a long time. I've only had to replace it once. It is very lightweight and easy to maneuver. Combined with the handle near the base, that makes it really easy to vacuum the stairs which has always been a nightmare before. I am less impressed with the small canister vacuum, which seems underpowered and obviously doesn't hold much in the bag. It is cumbersome to use and I only pull it out for very specific jobs. I still prefer this configuration to one a bulky all in one machine though since the regular vacuum has been such a great performer.

• Versatility:

Definitely worth the price!

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

After a lifetime of terrible vacuums that were better at blowing things around rather than actually cleaning things up, it was time for a change. While I didn't want to spend that much, I decided to splurge and get this as I saw some excellent reviews for this. Let's just say that the reviews were right!

This thing sucks up dirt unlike any other vacuum I've used before. It is super lightweight, so if you're sick of lugging around a heavy vacuum, this will be a big sigh of relief. Also, I would especially recommend this if you have a carpet, as the way that is handles carpets is like no other that I have ever bought. In conclusion, get this! It's worth the money!

my new love!

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

After using the latest offerings in this section, I got this vaccum as my Christmas gift ;) So far, it is just fabulous. It has never let down! To start with, it definitely is designed to extract more dirt and even pet hair. I mean its powerful but lightweight as much that a teenage can actually use it with perfection. You are sure to get cleaner results with little effort. It comes with a cervice tool, dusting brush and hardwood floor clean attachment which means it is good to be used for all types of floors (hardwood & carpet), stairs and ceilings. Its long power cord and hi-low settings makes it more efficient. Cleaning is never a problem when I have this and cleaning it is surely not a fussy job either. I would have loved it made a little less noise. Other than that, I'm very pleased with its results.

Suction Performance
Its too good in suction and extraction of dirt/dust.

• Versatility:

Easy to use and the portable is lightweight. Easy change of bags

from Avondale, PA

Comments about Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister:

The vacuum cleaner is easy to use and changing the bag is easy. Depending on how much dust and pet hair you have the bag lastes a long time. When it is time to change the bag that is very simple and the explainations are printed on the bag so it is easy to remember how to change. The portable unit is easy to use and lightweight.