Other Toothpastes:

Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity

Pros

Cons

Learning to Brush Teeth with Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste

There are many, many things that need to be taught to young children as they grow up. Learning to walk is exciting. Potty training is definitely an experience. And brushing teeth is a necessity as well. My son definitely tries to imitate what we do so I always make it a habit of brushing my teeth with him. Unfortunately he can't use regular toothpaste as of yet (which is fine for now since the mint flavour burns his mouth). So to make brushing his teeth a bit more interesting for him*, *he counts on having his *Thomas & Friends* **Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste** on hand for his task.

Fluoride is the one thing to avoid with very young children, which is why this one is fluoride-free and safe to swallow. Too much fluoride, at this age, can cause fluorosis or white spots on your child's permanent teeth. This is important because kids at this age still haven't learned how to completely spit into the sink in a proper manner. But the absence of fluoride doesn't mean it won't clean my son's teeth. It will do exactly that. The toothpaste itself is a clear gel that comes out of the tube. And it always has to be the *Thomas & Friends* variety. This particular one is the Tooty Fruity flavour so he does know the difference.

It's nice to know that there are safe products for toddlers to use while they are still in the development stages of their lives. **Orajel Toddler Training Toothpate** definitely helps my son get into the habit of brushing his teeth without being too intrusive to his mouth. He's getting better at doing it himself. Now if you can only learn to spit out into the sink.

This Orajel Toddler Toothpaste is nasty and filled with parabens

My son's Colgate SpongeBob Toothpaste recently bit the dust when the cap broke off and blue toothpaste got everywhere, so I threw it away. His grandparents bought him this Orajel Toddler Toothpaste as a replacement, but I'm throwing it away too!

My son happens to love his **Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity** for two reasons - Thomas the Train is on the tube and it has a fruity flavor. I like having fun, kid-oriented themes on toothpaste tubes because it makes my son *want* to brush his teeth, but I'm tossing this in the trash and buying another fruity toothpaste because I don't like it AT ALL.

I don't like this toothpaste for three reasons. 1) it contains parabens, which is absurd in toothpaste. I've never seen them in toothpaste, let alone a children's toothpaste. 2) This toothpaste is clear and very hard to see, so it's difficult to apply to the toothbrush and 3) It has a really gummy texture. It's not a gel or a paste, it's like a sticky, liquid gummy bear. Not good.

Not only would I NOT recommend **Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity**, I don't think I would touch another Orajel product. Major disappointment!

My kids love it!

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

When my son had to first start brushing his teeth I was very nervous. He is a sensory child, and is very particular about tastes and smells. It took a few tries untill we got it right. Finally, I bought Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste. He loved it right away. He thought the taste was great. I loved it because I knew it was safe. It says on the box that is safe to swallow. The was a big relief to me, because swallowed it he did. It was also very light and not messy. He loved the fact that there was Thomas the Train on the box as well. My twins started to brush their teeth I immediately bought the Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste, but this time I changed it from Thomas the Train to My Little Pony. My one twin couldn't get enough of it. I had to actually take it and put it in an area where she was not able to get it on her own. She absolutely loved the taste. This is a great first toothpaste for your toddlers and parents can relax because it is also safe!

Orajel Training Toothpaste

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

I have used this Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste with both of my boys, and I highly recommend it. My boys are four and five years old now, but they still use it. I was looking for a toothpaste that was safe to swallow when my oldest son was a toddler. He has autism, and it was hard to make him understand that you don't swallow toothpaste. As soon as I would get the toothbrush in his mouth, he would start swallowing. That's why I was so happy I stumbled across this training toothpaste. My kids love the taste of it. It's a little fruity, but the taste isn't too strong. I wish the tube was a little bit bigger, but it's a good deal for the price. I feel comfortable using it because it is completely safe. My son once drank half a tube of this stuff. I freaked out and called poison control. They looked up the list of ingredients and said he would be fine. I then got on my computer and looked up the ingredients myself. Almost everything in this is used in some foods, mainly as a preservative. I still use this with them even though they are older because I like how safe it is.

Great for toddlers

from TX

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

My son fought the idea of learning to brush his teeth so I knew I had to get creative. He loves Thomas the Train so when I saw this product I put full faith in it. He was so excited when he got it. I actually wrapped it up so he thought it was a gift and just for him ( a little trick I learned online). He loved the taste, kept saying "yum" while brushing his teeth. I showed him how to brush and went around the corner and patted myself on the back. This product turned a problem into a great experience for my son. The toothpaste has all the protection that he needed with the fruity taste that he wanted. He used this product until he was about three. His dentist was impressed with how fast he adjusted and was confident in this product which made me feel good. I have suggested this product to many co-workers and family members who have small children because it is a product to start with. Kids love it and so did I. Orajel is a trusted brand and make great products.

Fun for kids

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

The Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity toothpaste worked great for the kids in my family. They love the flavor (although I personally think that it is pretty disgusting), and they like that it has Thomas the Train and other characters with it. That marketing makes it easier to talk the kids into brushing their teeth at night. They like that they are doing something with one of their favorite characters from television, movies, and/or storybooks. None of my kids have had any cavities so far (fingers crossed!) so I think that the Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity is fairly effective that way. I will continue to monitor their oral hygiene, however, just to make sure. I have weak enamel on my teeth and so I am afraid that I have passed that down to my children. So far, however, the Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity has worked for them.

Training Toopaste Is Beneficial

from Portland, TX

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

The Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste in Tooty Fruity flavor is beneficial for toddlers to use when they first start brushing their teeth. It is important to start brushing as soon as their first tooth sprouts through the gums. The delicious flavor makes it easy for the child to have in their mouth and the fun character on the box makes it even easier to get the child to start brushing regularly.
The only thing that could make this product better would be to include a Thomas the Tank Engine toothbrush with the toothpaste to keep the theme going and encourage the child to use it even more. I brushed my son's teeth with this every day up until he was able to spit out his toothpaste. This specific toothpaste is safe if digested, although, not a lot of paste is necessary on the toothbrush because they have fewer and smaller teeth and do not eat much sugar.

Great starter toothpaste!

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

This was an excellent starter toothpaste for my kids when they were younger and not so sure about this teeth-brushing thing. My kids really enjoyed the flavors and with the cute character it gets the kids into the whole process. It doesn't contain the fluoride so you don't have to worry about them swallowing it (which they definitely will!) and getting that into their systems. The paste is soft and gentle on their little gums and can even be put on a soft washcloth in the beginning until your child is ready to transition to a brush. I think this is better than just using water to clean their teeth as it gets them used to having a flavor in the teeth brushing process, so when they are ready for regular toothpaste it won't be a shock. This can be used as a training toothpaste so they can learn how to spit and not swallow during the cleaning process. Then you can transition to a fluoride paste when they have mastered that technique.

Fantastic starter toothpaste

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

As a mother to five children, I have used this Orajel Toddler Training toothpaste for many years. It is an excellent product to start using on your children when they are very young. While kids do need their teeth brushed as soon as they have teeth, they are unable to understand the concept of not swallowing toothpaste. This toothpaste is safe to swallow while they learn, so it is not harmful to them. It does a fair job of cleaning their teeth too. It will not foam up like traditional toothpaste, so do not expect that. However, I have always noticed teeth and breath looking and smelling clean after use of this Orajel product. The tubes are small, but just a small amount of toothpaste goes a very long way. I have found that these tubes last quite a long time! The price is reasonable, and kids seem to like the flavor of the toothpaste as well. I think there are only a few similar products on the market, though this is the only one I have ever tried. I am satisfied enough with it to continue purchasing it and definitely recommend it.

The ONLY toothpaste my daughter will use willingly

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

My daughter is three years old and absolutely hates to have her teeth brushed. I have tried so many brands of children's tooth paste. Each time I try to brush her teeth with anything other than Orajel's Toddler Tooth Paste in the Tooty Fruity flavor, she acts like she is gagging on the tooth brush. She has literally worked herself up so much crying over tooth paste that she threw up!
I recently began taking my daughter to see the dentist and they recommended that we stop using this toddler tooth paste in favor or a children's tooth paste with fluoride. That was the reasoning for the trying of all the different tooth pastes. I really wish that Orajel would make a children's tooth paste in this flavor but with fluoride as an ingredient.
Since this is still the only tooth paste that my daughter will use willingly and without tears, I let her use this tooth paste in the morning as long as she brushes with a fluoride tooth paste before bed.

Great for training!

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

We used the Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity flavored toothpaste when training my youngest child. She absolutely loved brushing her teeth after dinner nightly. I was curious myself and decided to taste it and it tastes really good.

I like it

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste - Tooty Fruity:

I have recently tried Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste with my 16 month old daughter and so far I have been satisfied with this product. It has a light fruity flavor that my daughter likes the taste of and it is not overwhelming like adult toothpaste, not that I would use adult toothpaste on my 16 month old, but you get it, right? Anyway, it is fluoride free and safe if swallowed and it is a decent price. Great first toothpaste for a toddler.