Other Multivitamins:
Women's Vitamins
One A Day

They do help

I tried the One a day weight smart vitamins because of the commercials.  With the addition of the viramin and a slight increase in exercise I have lost 40 lbs in 3 months.  I feel great, I have more energy to do things and the vitamin really helps control the amount of food I eat.

Sincere but perhaps not the ideal solution to weight loss!

Like many Americans, I have been trying to improve my diet and exercise regime (such as it is).  Except for blow-outs (*i.e.* vacations, special events or the occasional "mad moment"),  I have been trying to make a habit of eating better things.  My weight loss has been slow but consistent -- once I get down another notch, I tend not to backslide or fall into the yo-yo pattern of dieting which has screwed with the metabolism of so many others (and which I have learned about the hard way from my own experience in the past).  Friday Dr. Forbes weighed me again and I was down another eight pounds from a month ago!  In the excitement of the moment, I forgot to ask her to suggest a general vitamin supplement to add to the arsenal which already included the [Caltrate 600+D Plus Calcium][1] she prescribed for me last time.   In fact, this didn't even occur to me until I was back home and found in my medicine cabinet an old bottle of ***One A Day Weight Smart Dietary Supplement***, manufactured by the Bayer Company.

***One A Day Weight Smart*** is purported by the information on its own label to be neither a magic bullet nor weight control product which will cause fat to miraculously melt off but rather a bundle of vitamins and minerals to reinforce your strength during your Battle of the Bulge.  Seemed innocent enough, so I took one of these pills, did a little Internet research, waited a few minutes and began writing this review.

**STATS:**

The recommended dose is one tablet daily which contains one gram (less than 1% D.V.) Total Carbs, **13%** Magnesium, **20%** Calcium (elemental), **50%** Vitamin A (30% as beta-carotene), **100%** each of Folic Acid, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese and Vitamins C, D, E, and K; **125%** each of Riboflavin (B2), Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and Panthothenic Acid; **127%** of Thiamin (B1) and **167%** of Chromium.  Also present are 180 mg. Guarana Blend (Guarana Seed Powder and Extract with Caffeine) and 10 mg. Green Tea/Cayenne Blend (Green Tea Powder (leaf) and Cayenne Pepper Powder) for which no Daily Values have yet been established.

**ACTIVE AND INACTIVE INGREDIENTS INCLUDE:**

Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose, Guarana Seed Powder, Magnesium Oxide, about as much Caffeine as a cup of coffee, Ascorbic Acid,Ferrous Fumarate, Corn Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Acacia, Croscarmellose Sodium, Zinc Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Dextrin, Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (color), Gelatin, Glucose, Crospovidone, Green Tea Powder (leaf), Manganese Sulfate, Cayenne Pepper Powder (fruit), Cupric Sulfate, Polyethylene Glycol, Guarana Seed Extract, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Dextrose, Thiamine Mononitrate, Soy Lecithin, Chromium Chloride, Resin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, FD&C Blue #1 Lake, Sodium Selenate, Phytonadione, Tricalcium Phosphate, Cholecalciferol and Cyanocobalamin.  (This product also contains Soy.)  **The package contains a warning not to use if pregnant or breast-feeding and to keep out of reach of children and the bottle itself is equipped with a child-resistant cap.**

**A WORD TO THE WISE**

At this point in my review, about an hour had passed since I took my ***One A Day Weight Smart*** pill and I was beginning to feel a bit odd.  A peculiar sweetish taste had developed in my mouth and -- even though I had just eaten a salad that day and it was now going on suppertime, I definitely was not excited about the prospect of eating again.  Clearly, this was an appetite suppressant product despite what its package had said.

Twenty-four hours later, even though I had eaten, food had lost its old allure.  At that point, I began to check out some of the other ViewPoints reviews about this product and was very disturbed by what I found there ... namely complaints about side effects such as nausea when ***One A Day Weight Smart*** is taken on an empty stomach.  Particularly upsetting was the complaint of one reviewer who said after three days of medicating with ***Weight Smart***, she began to suffer unpleasant nightmares.  (I already get enough nightmares on my own, without any help from the Bayer Company.)

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

The most upsetting thing was that -- regardless of the scary side effects -- there were so many glowing comments about how well ***One A Day Weight Smart Dietary Supplement*** works.  Nearly everyone voted to continue its use regardless of whatever suffering it might incur, just to lose weight.  On that score alone, I have no doubt that this stuff works.  Take ***One A Day Weight Smart*** every day for a month and you probably will never want to think about food again.  But is this the best way to lose weight?

In cases like this, I try to avoid offering advice so I'll stick to voicing my own opinion which is that I think weight loss produced by odd medications and wierd regimens may not be the best course to take.  I even have mixed feelings about "dieting" *per se*.  The best route to physical enhancement may just be to systematically alter and adjust what we eat and do and incorporate those alterations into permanent lifestyle changes.  Think of how many calories you can save by doing nothing other than switching from Venti-sized daily Starbucks drinks to occasional "Tall" beverage treats on a permanent basis!

Moderation is not the easiest route and will take patience to achieve but in my opinion,  it is best to stick with something that you could spend the rest of your life continuing.  As far as appetite is concerned, well I think we have to face up to the fact that sometimes life is going to involve suffering a few hunger pangs.  My one dose of ***One A Day Weight Smart*** showed me that I would rather learn to **manage** my appetite than not have one at all!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Caltrate-Calcium-with-Vitamin-D-Tablets-review-678a0

I would NEVER buy this product again

from Saskatchewan Canada

About Me First Time User

Pros

Cons

• Upsets Stomach

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

Me n my sister threw up every time we took we took it ... Same goes for the prenatal vitamins.. That's why I threw up for nine month .. Bad product

I as the other user, I want it back, it works in time.

from St Paul, MN

About Me Used it 4yrs+. I was 125lb now holding 170lbs

Pros

• Easy on Stomach
      • Easy To Swallow
      • Effective
      • It help keep the weight down
      • Simple To Take

• Daily Use
        • Older People
        • Women

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

My comments: Where can I get some. Like it says, If it works or fit, don't change with it.

it works n I want it back

from Palo Verde California 92266

Pros

• Easy on Stomach
        • Easy To Swallow
        • Effective
        • No Jittery Feeling
        • Simple To Take
        • Tastes Good

Cons

• None of these

• Women

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

I have heart murmurs in past and had no problems. I came from 180 to 140 4 months. I took it before I ate or about a half hour to an hour after I ate. The only diet pill I was not afraid to use. I chose it because one a day has been in business for a great many years. I wish I could buy more. Or at least send some to me personally. To heck with anyone else.

Vitamins that work if you are willing to go the extra mile!

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

I have taken these vitamins for a few years now and I have to say they do work. I changed my diet quite a bit. Eliminated sugar, especially soft drinks, drank a lot of water and just continued to watch what I ate. In the beginning of taking the vitamin I didn't cut back on anything just as an experience and while taking these vitamins within a week I had lost 9 lbs and inches to boot! I had a pair of jeans in my closet I hadn't been able to zip up and I decided one day to put them on and voila! could zip them up without having to lay on my bed!!! They are a great source of energy. Mind you, take them on a FULL stomach. I chose to take them at dinner. They also cut down on those midnight raids to the frig. I didn't gain weight at all from using these vitamins, like I said I lost weight. They made me feel energetic and gave me the momentum to exercise. I have never been over weight in my whole life, just the opposite, tall and slender. I have had children too and of course everything has expanded. And being over 40 my metabolism has slowed. This vitamin has kept me at a healthy weight. I hope this review helps.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

This vitamin is another great addition to One A Day's line of products. I found the vitamin to be economical to take. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first saw this vitamin come out. When I first saw this product on the shelf, thought was "Oh great, another weight loss gimmick". One day while I was shopping for health related items, I decided to read the package to see what it was about. The information I found on the box was easy to read and understand. I bought this vitamin without thinking twice. I found taking this vitamin to be a nice addition to my daily food intake and exercise program. Maybe it is just a mental suggestion, but I found that when I took this vitamin in the morning, I was a little more focused on eating foods that were healthier and I put more effort into taking care of myself. My reasoning being, "Why take this weight smart vitamin if you are not going to eat smart"?

Unimpressed

from Southfield, MI

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

Whenever a multivitamin promises to aid weight management I always assume that it's going to contain something that will give me an added boost of energy. That is what I truly like in a vitamin supplement. I was hoping these One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins would do that. I had been taking Orovo Original and really liked it but I wanted a multivitamin that I could purchase in a store instead of ordering online and waiting for delivery. I also was hoping to save some money since these vitamins from One A Day were much less expensive than my regular brand.
        Unfortunately, these didn't give me any kind of energy boost. I don't think they really did anything to aid weight loss, though honestly I wasn't trying to drop any weight at the time. I'm sure that these are still a healthy addition to anyone's diet since they're made by such a well known brand. They were just not what I was looking for.

Did not see a difference with One A Day Weight Smart

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

I tried the One A Day Weight Smart vitamins a couple of years ago, and honestly I did not see a difference in them helping me with my weight. I think the size bottle that I tried was for a one-month supply. I took them faithfully and did not see a difference in my appetite being curbed or weight being dropped. I have tried several of the other One A Day vitamins and have liked them okay, but I think trying to market a vitamin that supposedly helps with weight control is not good business. I have since realized that exercise and a healthy, balanced diet are all you really need to help with weight control. Trying that alone helped me control my weight. And also controlling the portion sizes and eating out less which is not good for you! These vitamins also did not taste that great and they are on the larger side of the scale for vitamins. I would definitely recommend a regular One A Day vitamin but not the Weight Smart variety. They are also more expensive, and for something that I saw no results with it is just not worth it.

Not enough ECGC to be much help.

from Michigan

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

This product upset my stomach. It didn't feel like it dissolved well in my stomach. There isn't enough green tea ECGC in the formula to provide the weight loss benefit. It didn't seem to boost my metabolism. The added label of "weight smart" seems misleading because this product isn't going to help you lose weight. People who are sensitive to caffeine should be extra careful because there is caffeine in this product. I had heart palpitations and headaches. This product just seems to provide you with an artificial formula. Caffeine has been known to interfere with calcium absorption. There is calcium in this product and it just seems like the caffeine would just cancel the calcium out. It doesn't make any sense to mix these two. I could see how a person could think that they are getting a certain percentage of calcium and rely on that and they probably are not getting much at all.

Not a big deal

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

I took One A Day weight smart multi vitamin to assist me with my weight loss goals. After taking this vitamin for a month I didn't notice any difference in how I felt or with weight loss. I sometimes felt nauseous after taking it even with food. In the 30 days I took it I did the same amount of exercise and before I took it and I didn't lose a pound. Just an average vitamin.

Not Very Impressed

Comments about One A Day Weight Smart Vitamins:

I guess this vitamin product is better than not having any; however, I did not see any major improvement or change while taking them. I didn't take them long, but while I did, I just was not very impressed. The marketing is good which is why I bought them, but they just don't deliver like you would like them to deliver. Of course, I do not expect to lose weight just from taking a little pill of vitamin supplement, but I do expect something different to happen if it is going to be labeled as such. This vitamin seemed like any other daily multivitamin. Maybe for someone else, the marketing would be enough to make it like a placebo that works, but not for me. I'm just overall not very excited by this product, nor did I find it above average in benefits of any kind. I would not recommend taking a vitamin labeled for weight loss anything. Using a better vitamin for general health, like a raw supplement would be my recommendation.